Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: Yay for a super strong heartbeat!! I can't wait to hear how your reveal goes - I hope that the uncomfortable questions are kept to a minimum when you are celebrating as a bigger group and if people ask its more of a private thing.

@pastemoo: That is utterly amazing about the in-utero surgery option! wow!!!
    I'll second MRSKRB with the Ovia app - I like the fact that there are 4 size comparisons per week (so I'm not limited to weird fruit/veggies I've never heard of :-p) Every so often there a is a junk update - but generally I find them really interesting. I also have the Mayo Clinic app and that is all factual - but only updates once per week.

@Contemplating: What a special moment that you had feeling flutters and DH being able to also feel so early! WOW! I am super excited for the day where I will get to feel these little ones!!!

2. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: thanks!
    @Contemplating: that is so sweet with the fluttering when your cat purrs! thanks for the app recommendation! @meadow: i'll check out the mayo clinic one. i had one on my old phone and cant find it/remember it, maybe it was android only? there was a brunette between mom and young grandma age who narrated the weekly video that included animations of baby.

-16w4d

3. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@pastemoo: are you thinking of the What to Expect app? That brunette sounds familiar. I also have and mainly use the Ovia app, but sometimes check the What to Expect app too.

@Contemplating: hope your nausea gets better in the 2nd tri! And so exciting you get to find out whether your baby is a boy or girl in a few short weeks! Even more exciting that you can feel some flutters already. i love the story about your cat purring

4. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Dr. Pepper: yay for a good 12w appointment!

@meadow: glad your announcement at work went well! How did you tell everyone, was it how you had been planning to? I haven't told anyone at work yet except for one friend, but I think I will be telling my boss this week and more coworkers in January!

@Mrs. Peanut: yay for a great heartbeat!! I totally understand feeling nervous about announcing. Most of our family and a lot of our close friends know by now and it's sort of a relief but I still kinda feel hesitant and nervous whenever we tell more people. I think it gets easier after the initial big announcements though! Good luck with your Christmas announcements. Btw love your name choices!!

I ordered my snoogle! Hoping it'll help me sleep better! Also my next OB appt is this Wednesday. Can't wait to see baby again and hopefully get a good pic to share here!

14w6d

5. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@MRS.PEANUT: Glad you're appointment went good. Hope announcing over Christmas goes good. I totally understand the personal questions discomfort. My favorite was "Were y'all trying?" Uh that's not ok to ask.

@PASTEMOO: I was starting to wonder where you were! If I were you I would do 19 weeks, just to hopefully skip a lot of the "in between appointment worries" How exciting that your DH will know the gender but you won't. My husband is a horrible secret keeper so he'd totally slip up within days, I'm sure. Can't wait to see if your DH can keep it a secret! AFM, I'm doing ok. Nausea seems to be letting up. Still getting sick, but it's been down to just once a day so that's nice.
    @CONTEMPLATING: I hope your nausea lets up soon. I'm not sure which is worse, nausea or actually throwing up. They both just put a damper on things.

I am officially in the 2nd trimester. Well going off my original due date. I can't wait to find out if they are changing my due date at my next appointment. Its getting confusing. I don't know if I'm 14w1d or 15w3d. I am excited to be out of the 1st trimester though, hoping this morning/all day sickness goes bye bye.
    Well ladies only 4 more days till Christmas which is crazy because it feels like yesterday was Thanksgiving.. Hope everyone has a good day!

-14w1d//15w3d

6. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: dh just bought me a snoogle too, but I can't use it until Christmas!

7. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

Yay for everyone who has had good appointments and announcements in the past week! I have been reading updates, but man, it would take me too long to go back and find everyone to individually tag

had my check-up this morning, super quick and nothing to it, but I got to hear the heartbeat and I'm past 13 weeks, so I feel like a huge weight has been lifted!!

Does anyone have facebook announcement pics to share or ideas to share? not sure if I want to do one this time.. I'm feeling private this time around.

Oh, and I'm updating my due date to the 23rd. The baby measured 2-3 days smaller than that, and that's what I've been going by, but the doctor left my official date as the 23rd so I'm going to start using it to simplify - I've basically been tracking my weeks two ways lol.

-13w4d

8. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

June 2016 mamas

June 1: pastemoo, Anne825, Contemplating, catomd00
    June 2: Maddux41506
    June 4: Mrs. Pink, BLA
    June 6: brownepiano
    June 8: MrsKRB, MCD919 ( ), Lately
    June 13: Purpledaisy ( )
    June 14: starlitsky ( )
    June 16: LittleGBee
    June 20: MMcAlli
    June 23: runnerd
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut ( ), meadow ( )
    June 25: doodlepoodle
    June 26: Ree723 ( ), Hazel27
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful
    June 28: Alba4, Dr. Pepper ( ), RKitty

9. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@pastemoo: I use Sprout for app

Also- I do feel it still but it's only when I'm totally still and quiet, so I'm focusing-- it's little flutters still, almost like being very faintly tickled from inside-- and its only for a couple seconds. I can't wait for kicks and hiccups- I always loved that and it was the thing I missed most about being pregnant!

My morning sickness has gotten WORSE the last 2 weeks or so... I'm hoping it's a sign that my Progrsterone has evened out so I can get off the pills-- with my daughter I was done at 18 weeks so that'll be nice if I'm able to go off at my next apt!

Also I forget to check my dates before I post haha

15w 6d

10. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: I use the Ovia app too on my android, but I'm pretty positive it's for Apple too. I like it. I got told by it the other day that my baby has fingerprints now so I shouldn't allow it to rob banks...

I had a 13week US this morning and the doc said everything looked great. I measured even farther ahead at 13weeks and 5 days. They haven't adjusted my due date yet... but I'm getting to point I'm think I won't make it to July like I wanted too.....

-13weeks

11. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Had my 16w appointment today, everything is good so far. As far as my low papp-a, my Dr said later in the pregnancy I.Will just need additional scans to make sure every thing is measuring ok. Scary, but nice that I will be monitored.

-15w5d

12. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Pink: I'm sorry about your MS, when is your next appt?

@RKitty: measuring ahead is better than measuring behind!

13. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: It was how I was planning. I baked cupcakes and iced them half blue half pink. I put them in a tinfoil tray and covered with tinfoil so you couldn't see what they were and just placed them on the lunch table saying I made something from a new recipe. When my friends opened them at first they were skeptical (I tend to bake sneaky things sometimes - like chocolate chip cookies with oreos inside) - trying to figure out why they were special. Then one of my friends who was in the "know" said - 'that's weird - you iced them pink and blue, but those aren't holiday colors.....' and after making comments about the colors a couple times there was some gasping and hugging and hooraying. So then as others filtered in for lunch I would offer them a cupcake and see how long it took them to figure out so it was just a fun revolving door type feeling with lots of excitement. Oh and after people figure it out they'd either ask which color I was having and I just said something simple like "oh I iced them with both colors because we don't know what they're going to be...." then there was another round of shock and excitement as they picked up on the pronoun. Oh it was the most wonderful office reveal!! Thanks for asking!!
    Good luck at your appointment on Wednesday - I was supposed to have one also on Wednesday but it got bumped to tomorrow with a different doctor in the practice.

@RKitty: I saw the fingerprint one too and thought that was funny. Also it prompted me to do research on twins - and my babies will have distinct fingerprints because apparently they aren't genetic. Fingerprints are formed from the "random" movements in the womb and their affect on the skin. Isn't that amazing! Blew my mind

Yesterday I was really beat (I pushed myself too far - was out shopping for about 3 or 4 hours for Christmas and ended with a 2 hour trip to the grocery store - which should have been about an hour but I think I was moving slow and kept forgetting things because I was tired.) While I did bring my water bottle with and packed snacks - it was just too much and I was so utterly exhausted when I got home. I cooked dinner and then couldn't stomach the chicken again (even thought I have successfully eaten chicken since around a month ago when I had my first issue with it). I just felt crummy all night. Today I properly hydrated and just felt like I had so much more positive energy - it was great.

The downside was receiving a bill for labwork from my last OB appointment because the doctor's office sent it to an out of network lab without telling me. So now I'm trying to figure out how to fight it - because I don't think its my fault or my responsibility to pay it. (Blargh)

A coworker brought me 5 or 6 of her maternity tops today and it was so exciting! I can't wait to start wearing them after the holidays.

-13w3d

14. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@pastemoo: Good suggestion! Thanks! We do have middle names chosen too. They are both family names. (Morgan for a girl and Alexander for a boy, although DH isn't positive about Alexander.)

@meadow: I hope so! Although it will probably be mostly small groups, so who knows what we will get!

@starlitsky: Thanks! We are in love with them too. Feel free to steal if you need some ideas!

@MMcAlli: That is the exact question we are expecting and dreading! The answer is of course yes, but I feel that's a little too personal to get into details about.

@runnerd: I'm so glad you can breathe easy! I saw your other thread about being nervous. We've definitely hit some major milestones! I think it's time to soak it in and enjoy.

@Mrs. Pink: Oh I can't wait to feel my LO!! I've been paying really close attention, but I think it's just too early for me so far. Exciting!!

@RKitty: I use Ovia too and also got that fingerprint message! I chuckled a bit at that.

@MrsKRB: Hopefully extra monitoring is just extra times seeing your precious LO! It's probably just a precaution. Keep us updated, though!

-13w3d

15. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: that sounds like it went over well and such a fun way to announce. I've just blurted it out to many people because I couldn't think of anything creative to say.

I have a photo of our stockings hanging in the stairway that I may post after Christmas. I feel less inclined to share this time but am also tired of trying to dress ambiguously.

I've been feeling some movement for the past few days! It's usually little flutters and some pushing. When I rock my toddler on my lap before bed I can sometimes feel the baby pushing back against him!

-15 weeks 6 days

16. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsKRB: January 5th! It's our gender scan too!

17. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@brownepiano: I can't believe that in two short weeks I could be feeling these little ones!!! Thanks for that hope!!!!

18. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@RKitty: aw how come you wanted to make to July? I certainly want pregnancy to be done early as healthy

@brownepiano: @Mrs. Pink: oh my gosh so ready for movement! That's when I really started to relax and enjoy my last pregnancy. I felt it around 18-19 weeks last time, so I have FX I'll feel movement at 16 weeks

I bit the bullet and posted a Facebook announcement tonight with LO #1 - I feel so exposed now, lol

-13w4d

19. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@MrsKRB: I agree! My family also likes to grow babies large so I'm sure that's part of it too!

@meadow: movements in the womb make the fingerprint design? That's cool! I learned something else new today.

In regards to your lab going to an out of network lab I had that happen once and I just had to call my insurance and explain. They then adjusted it an treated it as in network since the doctor who requested it was in network. So hopefully they can fix it for you!

@runnerd: Because if it's a girl it'll be the fourth girl in my maternal line to be born in July! And I think we're also all firstborns too, though I'm not positive about my grandma. And my mom and me are the only girls in the family the rest of our siblings are boys. (my grandma had a sister tho) So it just be kind of a cool happenstance.

20. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@RKitty: Thanks for the advice about calling insurance. I assumed automatically they'd push me back to the doctor's office. I'll try giving them a call today or tomorrow.

Thanks!!

21. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

For those of you that feel baby (or have felt baby in past pregnancies) - I know most describe it as fluttering, or bubbles, but I've been feeling light pinching feelings. Any idea if this could be baby? They're not painful, definitely not RLP (that HURTS, lol). My Dr asked me yesterday if I was feeling anything, but I wasn't really sure.

-15w6d

22. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MrsKRB: For me it feels like someone is poking or pushing from the inside. Then eventually I can feel fingers everywhere...

23. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@RKitty: gotcha!!! That is a really trend to aim for!

24. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: only a few more days until you can use your Snoogle!! I think mine is arriving today or tomorrow, although I could have used it last night... I was tossing and turning all night!!

@MMcAlli: whether you're 14w or 15w, you're still in your 2nd tri, right? Yay!!

@runnerd: glad you had a good appt!! I always feel such a sense of relief after every appt that confirms baby is okay.

@Mrs. Pink: Ahhh I can't wait until I can feel the baby move! Hopefully soon!

@brownepiano: lol fingers everywhere, how cute!

@MrsKRB: yay for a good appt and that you will be monitored more! Hopefully you are feeling less worried!

@meadow: aww I'm so glad your reveal was successful! I love how you did it!! Hope your appt today goes well!

@Mrs. Peanut: hehe thanks! I like your middle names too! We've been throwing around some names but I don't want to think too seriously about them until closer to June, in case new contenders pop up lol.

So yesterday I think I had food poisoning (maybe from movie theater popcorn on Sunday??) or a short lived flu. I started feeling nauseated in the morning and decided to stay home from work as a precaution. Good thing I did because it got worse by midday and I could barely get out of bed, except for when I was running to the bathroom. I was worried about dehydration but decided to wait a bit before calling the dr, and thankfully by around 6 pm I was feeling better and able to eat a little, although still really weak.

I'm feeling much better today but yesterday was scary and I'm glad I have an appt tomorrow to check that everything with the baby is okay!

15w

25. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: Morgan is a GREAT name if I must say so myself..... But I could be a little biased considering it's my name!

@meadow: Love how you announced to work. Too Cute!

@runnerd: I know once I posted on social media, I felt exposed too! Like now everyone knows. Eh.

@MrsKRB: I'm not sure I've felt any pinches, but you are further along than me. So maybe that's why. What I feel is like a almost a tickle on the inside of my stomach.

We are anxiously waiting for tomorrow. We are going to have an elective ultrasound at a place that says they can determine gender as early as 15 weeks with a 3d/4d ultrasound. I am so excited. However, I feel like if they say girl I won't be buying too many things until my 20 week anatomy scan at my doctor. Because you hear of so many stories. We are going to announce the gender to everyone at Christmas. No one will be expecting it because we've been telling everyone we were waiting till 17-20 weeks. So so excited.

-14w2d // 15w4d

26. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: that's scary but glad you're feeling better! I always panic when I get so much as a stomachache.

@MMcAlli: so exciting! I wish I could do something sooner, but I promised my mom I would wait for her to fly up from TX. 3 more weeks!

27. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MMcAlli: fun, good luck!!! We are planning to do an elective ultrasound around 16 weeks for gender, so early-mid Jan!

@starlitsky: yuck sounds awful, I would also be so happy to already have an appt after that!

28. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

Oh, and does anyone use Instagram much? I love to follow fellow mamas! my username is my real name so I can't post it here

29. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MMcAlli: yayyy can't wait to hear the results of your elective ultrasound tomorrow!! Are you hoping for a or ?

@MrsKRB: I know, I was starting to panic! It's scary! I'm still a little nervous about my appt tomorrow.

@runnerd: Yay for elective ultrasound in Jan!! I'm excited for more mamas to start finding out or !

30. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: UGH on food poisoning - that is rough!!!

@MMcAlli: Good luck tomorrow - can't wait to hear your news!

My appointment went well today. I got to hear both of their heartbeats. Nice and strong and clear. Made my heart melt My doctor said that my fundal height is measuring a bit ahead (I didn't catch the number...) but that is completely normal for multiples. He did mention that at their practice 99% of multiples are delivered via c-section. I was surprised since I've read so much about it not being definite until later in the pregnancy. So we'll see. I'm not opposed to c-section, I'd just prefer not to....you know?

31. Contemplating

coffee bean / 33 posts

@MrsKRB: it feels like a knocking against my abdomen, if I put my hand over my lower belly I can feel it better

32. Contemplating

coffee bean / 33 posts

@starlitsky: Oh no! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Have you tried rehydration solution? you get it from the pharmacy and it helps to rehydrate you, it has he right amount of salt and sugar in. Hope your appointment goes well.

@meadow: Glad you had a good appointment, I love hearing the heartbeat! I can't imagine hearing 2!!

@MMcAlli: Hope you have a good scan! Enjoy finding out! I can't wait till Jan.

@brownepiano: Yay for feeling movement!

@runnerd: I posted our FB announcement a few weeks ago, DH wrote a song for LO.

I've had a busy work week... so busy that when I got home I realised I hadn't gone to the loo all day! You know things are crazy when you don't feel a full bladder even with a baby jumping on it! I have been cramping since yesterday, I have to try pace my self in the midst of the madness. We are short staffed as 3 ladies have just gone off on Mat leave and all the prebooked leave... Hospitals are one place that don't slow down over the festive season. Rant over I have a big job interview on the 5th of Jan so I think that is playing on my mind too... big year ahead for 2016!

33. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@runnerd: I technically have Instagram, but I don't use it!

@meadow: did he say why he prefers to do c-sections?

@Contemplating: I work in a hospital too, but it's actually slowed down for us (thankfully), however I'm a dietitian not a nurse!

34. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

Well ladies, I am excited to share we are having a BOY! :))

35. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: yay!!! Lots of boys so far!

36. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

June 2016 mamas

June 1: pastemoo, Anne825, Contemplating, catomd00
    June 2: Maddux41506
    June 4: Mrs. Pink, BLA
    June 6: brownepiano
    June 8: MrsKRB, MCD919 Lately
    June 13: Purpledaisy
    June 14: starlitsky
    June 16: LittleGBee
    June 20: MMcAlli
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut meadow
    June 23: runnerd
    June 25: doodlepoodle
    June 26: Ree723 Hazel27
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful
    June 28: Alba4, Dr. Pepper RKitty

37. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@runnerd: I don't use it as much now that I'm not babywearing the toddler.... but I'll probably start again soon! or you know, just create a personal one for non babywearing?

anyways, it's @adventuresinbabywearing

38. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@meadow: some doctors def. try to push a csection for... everything. If they won't budge later... you could always switch docs? I think they err on the side of "what if one baby can come out but the other gets stuck" attitude but it's not always the case, if it ever is!

I'm def. not anti-csection... we're having a RCS this go around, but still, if you don't want one, and it doesn't turn out to be medically necessary, don't let them railroad you!

39. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MMcAlli: congrats on your little boy!

40. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@meadow: i'd advocate for trying labor and hopefully your doctor is on board! My friend who had twins had a doctor that left the option open right until the end, but she opted for c-section since one twin was breech

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee