Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

A weekend with no hives was a good one. I think it was anew permutation of a milk allergy. It always gets worse when I am pregnant but never that bad!
    We told DH's family really low key this weekend and mailed some pictures to my family. I always feel like we have to tell everyone in the right order and DH just doesn't care.

2. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Starting to feel a little normal over here! Less tired, and I don't feel the need to eat every hour lol. So excited, but a little nervous, for my appt tomorrow.

-11w5d

3. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

sorry i've been doing a bad job of staying up to date on this thread! hoping i can get caught up over the thanksgiving break!

had my second ultrasound today. everything still measured perfect, and looked healthy. it's a big relief bc my 2 losses were at 8 weeks. still trying to get more excited about things!

-9w1d

4. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@runnerd: very exciting! Glad to hear it. @MrsKRB: yay! Good luck!

5. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: that is rough, I hope you can keep the hives at bay!

6. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Contemplating: how is nausea now? I am getting better I think, still many dry heaves a day but I m averaging only one real puke a day now which is pretty great. Which meds did you try

-12w5d

7. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MMcAlli: Funny you should mention it - I had a new symptom tonight - I made chicken cutlets for dinner and couldn't get a single bite of the chicken down. No problem with the mac & cheese or string beans. But when the chicken was on my tongue I was gagging and had to run to the garbage can. I love chicken cutlets so I was very disappointed that I couldn't keep them down. I hope this isn't a perpetual chicken thing! I had a friend who couldn't even look at chicken when she was preggers!

MMcAlli - I'm glad you are finding ways to be productive when you're feeling well and giving yourself a chance to rest when you aren't. That is a good way to manage!

@brownepiano: That's good that you figured out the cause of the hives so you can hopefully avoid them. Stinks!

@MrsKRB: Good luck at your appt tomorrow! I have my first OB appointment tomorrow and I'm excited and have a pretty solid list of questions to bring - haha.

@runnerd: What a cutie!!!

I am so pumped for Thanksgiving this week - I also was thinking this weekend that I don't have to feel guilty when I stuff myself silly! How exciting!

8. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: I had that chicken aversion last time and it is coming back😞🍗

9. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: BOOOOO for both of us!

10. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@brownepiano: Yuck to the hives. Hopefully you found the reason & don't have to experience that again! Pregnancy is so fun!

@MrsKRB: Glad you're feeling better! Hope your appointment goes well today.

@runnerd: What a good ultrasound picture. Can see tiny arms. Congratulations! Glad everything is good!

@pastemoo: Glad things are looking up for you. Are you still on the B6 + Unisom?

@meadow: I have had a chicken aversion since finding out. Anytime I try to eat it, I gag. Which is crazy because I LOVE chicken. Hopefully this aversion doesn't apply to turkey too! I plan on eating anything & no guilt will be felt. I may look 9 months pregnant come Friday though. HA!

Knocking on wood as I say this, but I have been feeling somewhat better the past couple of days. I still gag randomly but haven't actually thrown up in a few days now. I am not sure if it's just a break or if things are looking up. I have been experiencing some weird tightness/discomfort in my lower stomach. It's nothing painful just a new feeling. I thought maybe it was a UTI but after talking to my friend (who has had two kids & countless UTIs) last night I don't think its a UTI. Maybe it's just everything growing/stretching.

Have any of you ladies bought any clothes or supplies? I honestly still don't feel like I'm really pregnant <You'd think the morning sickness would help reassure me. I thought about buying a few gender neutral items just to make it seem real, but then again I don't know if that would even help. Hopefully my U/S on Nov. 30 will make everything seem real. Especially since we be seeing a baby instead of just a tiny "peanut".

10w2d

11. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@catomd00: wanted to ask you how your cyst did after it was discovered (sorry if you already followed up); my doc called and set up another u/s bc apparently I still have a sizable cyst from ovulation she wants to monitor.

12. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@pastemoo: @meadow: @MMcAlli: thanks ladies!

@MMcAlli: I haven't bought anything for baby, but I have stopped getting rid of LO#1's stuff until we find out gender I am about to buy a pair of maternity jeans. It's ridiculous cause I totally don't need the full panel, but my jeans are killing me right now lol.

13. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: I bought a pair of maternity pants, and a pair of stretchy (non maternity) pants, and they are amaaaazingggg. My mom also bought some baby stuff, first grand baby! Lol.

@runnerd: the Demi panel is great, I am probably going to wear mine even when I'm not pregnant lol. The only problem is I will probably need to switch to full panel in a few months.

14. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@runnerd: I never liked the full panel. I got them because they were cheap but in the beginning it was overkill and in the end I was so itchy! I don't need a lot of maternity clothes since I can use what I have but I am definitely getting different jeans and I bought some leggings just yesterday.

15. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@runnerd: Get the demi panel jeans! I always like them more for the first few months of pregnancy. After about 20 weeks, they bothered me and then I had to switch to full panel. But the Demi worked in my 4 th trimester before I could wear my normal size pants again.

I too just bought some demi panel work pants since I can no longer button my fat pants.

16. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@brownepiano: @Alba4: I haven't tried the Demi, but I like the feeling of everything being held in and cinched up with the full panel

17. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Baby's heartbeat is strong at 150bbm! It's a huge relief, I was SO nervous today thinking they wouldn't hear a heartbeat. Im excited to start announcing to everyone now

-11w6d

18. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@runnerd: Aww! It looks like a baby now - I love when they no longer resemble a jelly bean!

@MrsKRB: Yay for a great ultrasound!! And yay for being just about out of the first trimester!

Ugh, I'm feeling so fat - I used to have great abdominals but after two babies, I think they have gone on permanent vacation I don't know if it's recommended or not but I'm trying to do planks every day just to keep a bit of the muscle tone there but I have a feeling it's a losing battle. I gave away all my maternity clothes, thinking we were done, (which was silly as we were undecided, not officially done) so I need to head out and buy some again. I prefer the under the belly pants though - the full panel drove me crazy!

19. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MMcAlli: Oh I didn't think about turkey --- that would be awful if I felt the aversion toward turkey too!!

@MrsKRB: I'm so happy your baby's heart rate was so perfect!

I had my first OB appointment today and it went really well - no ultrasound (slightly disappointed, but I knew going into it that it was a slim chance!) She did warn me not to eat too much on Thursday because of how much slower my digestive system is being pregnant. That was a slight disappointment -- I might take that on as a challenge

I'm thinking of doing some online shopping this weekend for some starter maternity clothes if there are good sales - that makes me excited!

-9w4d

20. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: I think planks are the one abdominal exercise that you can do

@meadow: just don't eat too much at one time. Frequent small portions should help with your digestion.

21. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@MMcAlli: I've also noticed tightness/discomfort in my lower stomach the last day or two. It's new and different I figured since there's no pain and other weird things are happening anyways that it's probably normal but if it gets worse I'll call my doctor. I also know part of it is me being 'backed up' and it sometimes relives after I finally get to go poo...

I plan to also watch out for sales this weekend for maternity clothes. I just have no idea what I'll need. I was hoping my boobs would go "boom" (as my husband keeps saying) before Friday so I could get some bras at Lane Bryant on sale but so far they're staying the same.

-9w1d

22. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@runnerd: I have had two ultrasounds since and it's still there and hasn't shrunk at all. I'll have another ultrasound between now and the anatomy scan. The doc wasn't concerned about it being cancerous, but said for now we will just watch it and discuss surgery in the second trimester if we get to that point. Basically just warned me to go directly to L&D if I ever have severe pain even if it only lasts a short time. Hope yours goes away!!

23. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MMcAlli: no, the unison tried twice, both on a Friday, both times slept all weekend. I can't afford that, so just b6. How about you?

@catomd00: sorry about the cyst, ouch! Does it bother you?
    13 w0d. Holy crap!

@RKitty: aww, mine went boom by 5 weeks. Do you know if your mom or grandma changed sizes fast or early? Also you can always get the stretchy ones for sleep on sale. @Ree723: I m found plenty of ab stuff in yoga. I did planks till forty weeks last time.

24. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: great news!

Ok so who sells non frumpy non old lady maternity clothes for work ? Bonus if they sell cvs or petite lengths

25. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: I'm petite size too. For work, I really like Gap perfect trousers and perfect boot cut - super comfy, and fit nice/don't look like they're maternity pants.

26. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@RKitty: you can't go wrong with tanks, basic shirts and pants (even for work you can make them dressy with open sweaters over them).

27. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Mrs. Peanut: @MrsKRB: I did the chin test and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but it says I'm having a boy.

@Contemplating: I like the idea of a boy first then girl too, but I would be sad if I didn't end up with any girls. I always imagined myself having a daughter. but then again I keep hearing how awesome having 2 boys is too... so I guess either way I'd be happy!

@meadow: love your announcement idea!! Let us know how it goes! glad your appt went well even if you didn't get an US.

@Ree723: when is your first ultrasound? update us afterwards on whether you have a feeling whether it's a girl or boy!

@brownepiano: how did your family react to the pictures you mailed?

@MMcAlli: are you ready to announce tomorrow?? yay for your ultrasound on monday, how exciting! It's quite momentous to see a baby instead of a bean/peanut!

@runnerd: @MrsKRB: yay for your scans going well!!

@pastemoo: hope your nausea continues to get better! for maternity clothes, i've placed a couple of orders from old navy and gap because they have such great deals and sometimes they have tall or petite sizes.

@Alba4: by 4th trimester do you mean after you gave birth, or did you mean 3rd trimester? I need to get a pair of maternity jeans... so far I've tried full panel and they were not that comfortable, although I have a pair of full panel black pants that I really like. I guess jeans are a different beast and I just need to keep trying them on until I find a pair I like!

@RKitty: I bought my regular band size in a larger cup but I feel like my boobs only grew a little and then stopped, so my regular bras still fit... maybe they'll get bigger in the 2nd or 3rd trimesters?!

@catomd00: hope the cyst shrinks or goes away soon so you don't have to have surgery! how are you doing otherwise?

that's funny that some of you are having chicken aversions because i'm actually craving it!! haha. only in fried chicken form though.

28. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

I had my pre-Thanksgiving ultrasound today! I was a bit anxious going in since my last US was 3 weeks ago at 8w, but thankfully everything looked great! Baby looked like a baby and even moved around a little!! In the ultrasound pic, it has one arm up near its face. Heartbeat was 160.

We'll be announcing to extended family at Thanksgiving tomorrow, and I feel like I can start telling more of my friends too, although I might wait until after my nuchal translucency US which is scheduled for next Friday.

@MrsKRB: please update my due date to June 14

11w1d

29. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

Well ladies let me recap my awful day.

I went for a run (something I have done 3-5x a week the whole pregnancy). A mile in I started to feel "wet" then suddenly I was sure I was bleeding and started to turn around, then the blood just kept coming and I was literally dripping on the sidewalk. Luckily DH was home so I called and had him pick me up. Got home and found I'd passed two blood clots 2-3in in size.

I was just in a state of shock, I had some awful bleeding episodes with LO #1, but nothing like this. I had just had an ultrasound on mon and then baby looked great. The on-call doctor got me in within an hour, baby was perfect even a day ahead on growth, wiggling, 173 heartbeat. No sign anywhere of the cause of the bleeding. So I am banned from exercise for the rest of first tri, and had me double my progesterone supplements hoping it will stabilize whatever happened. The blood definitely can from my uterus, but my cervix is closed.

I don't even know what to think. I'm honestly not that scared of losing the baby bc it was fine, but just shocked. I had a bad bleed with LO #1 at 13.5 weeks that landed me with high risk appts for the rest of the pregnancy. Hoping to avoid that. Gah what a day.

- 9w3d

30. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: @pastemoo: I'm going to check these gap pants out! I just need one good pair since it WAH 4x week

@starlitsky: so nice to get to see your sweet LO right before announcing! I needed to update my date too so I did yours

31. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

June 2016 Mamas
    June 1: pastemoo, Anne825, Contemplating, catomd00
    June 2: Maddux41506
    June 4: Mrs. Pink, BLA
    June 6: brownepiano
    June 8: MrsKRB, MCD919, Lately
    June 11: Purpledaisy
    June 14: starlitsky
    June 16: LittleGBee
    June 20: MMcAlli
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut ( ), meadow( )
    June 25: doodlepoodle
    June 26: Ree723 ( ) Hazel27, runnerd
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful
    June 28: Alba4, Dr. Pepper, RKitty

32. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@runnerd: thank you for updating the due date list!

sorry to hear about your awful day, how scary! I'm glad you got checked out and baby is doing okay!

33. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@runnerd: oh no! That's scary, I hope it is just a single incident.

34. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@starlitsky: my family loved getting the pictures! They arrived the day before they drove down for Thanksgiving so it was perfect. Except apparently my mom had already guessed because I had to tell her not to use milk in her cooking and she knows it only gets really bad when I am pregnant. But my mom has that knack of knowing things.

35. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@runnerd: that's so scary! I'm so happy everything turned out ok!

36. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: how cute!!! Baby looks like he/she is floating in a cloud!!!

@runnerd: oh wow! That is so scary!! I was holding my breath as I read your post.....I'm so happy that the scan afterward showed a healthy baby!! Fingers crossed for no more incidents like that!

@brownepiano: yay for the pictures working out well with your family!! I spent the day with my mom and grandma yesterday prepping for thanksgiving and my grandma is totally suspicious! So she brings wine/beer every year and called me the other day to ask what kind I'd like. So I gave her the antibiotic line. Figuring she's older she'll never get tipped off on that. WELL when my mom picked her up yesterday she flat out asked my mom about the antibiotics and if I was pregnant!! My mom deflected and so when she asked me in person I gave her all these details about the "UTI" I had over the weekend. Hoping that works!! After lots of snacking I had a pretty visible bump last night so I'm hoping the looser shirt I picked for today does a good job camouflaging it!! Hehe. I have such a great plan for telling her with my whole maternal side at Christmas and I'll be so sad if it gets ruined.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you all have "good" eating days! I am looking forward to all of you with big announcements today and can't wait to hear how they go

- 9w6d

37. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@runnerd: scary!!! So glad everything was ok with baby!

Happy thanksgiving all! Hope you enjoy your day!!

38. Mrs. Peanut

apricot / 347 posts

@starlitsky: Yay for a great ultrasound!

@MrsKRB: I'm so glad the heartbeat was good! It's so nice to hear, isn't it?

@runnerd: How terrifying! I did not think that story was going to have a happy ending, but I am so glad you and your LO are ok!

@meadow: I'm always cautious about using the antibiotics line because I think people will figure it out. I'm planning on saying I'm tired or on a diet and don't want to drink my calories.

I hope it goes well for everyone who plans to announce today! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

9w6d

39. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: gap has maternity, what? Thanks!

@starlitsky: I love old navy stuff 😊 And keep your fried chicken away from me lol.
    Yay ultrasound with waving arms!

@runnerd: scary and so glad you're ok! Did you feel normal during the run before that?

@brownepiano: aww cute! Aren't moms great like that? They just know things.

@meadow: lol you could always just say you are too much. I am going to a wedding next weekend and trying to dress down the bump so I got a wrap dress.

Happy thanksgiving mamas!
    -13w1d (so ami second trinow?)

40. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

Thanks ladies for the thoughts, I'm still shaken but trying to just take it easy and hope it was isolated event. Definitely has changed some of our plans for sharing with family soon. I have another ultrasound at 11w2d, so we will probably wait for that report.

@pastemoo: 100% normal, no crapping or anything.

-9w4d

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee