Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: yay for another good ultrasound! I can't believe you can see movement already ...wow!!

Sometimes when I'm looking at my profile in the mirror I think I see my belly move strangely. ....then I realized it's my breathing and it's just looks weird because my diaphragm is somewhere different. Haha.

@runnerd: yay!! Cute little taps

@starlitsky: we did make it to BBB!!! It was funny because we were literally the only people there. We focused on big things then I can work on little stuff on my own online and in store another day. My husband was really good, patient, and decisive! We picked chicco key fit 30 car seats. The sales person tried to push me toward graco because their seat is 7 lbs instead of 9. But I already was leaning toward chicco from my research earlier in the week. So when I was asking questions about safety she admitted how much safer chicco is for side impact and I was sold on my initial decision! I also want to get the joovy twin roo as a snap and go style for early on since it's so much lighter than a regular stroller and basically costs what the kits do to attach a car seat to the regular stroller. Now I am keeping my eyes open for a used one if I can find that instead. As for the stroller...I know it's expensive but I really would like the city mini double. It's narrow enough to fit through doors. It folds like butter. It's great quality. I also think it will be used a lot too. Between neighborhood walks and just going out with them anywhere (zoo and fun things or shopping etc). Amazon has the stroller for a lot less so I think that's going there.

Whew!! The store clerks were surprised how early we went and I was like....I had the itch!!! Besides with twins I feel like I need a good grasp on this stuff earlier

Getting ready for an inside day today. Snow is building up and the wind is howling like a champ!!!

-18w1d

2. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: so fun! We are going to head out to babys r us tomorrow. We are hunkering down today as well, kinda hoping for a good storm

3. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is staying warm. I'm in Chicago & a little jealous of those of you who will be snowed in today

It's been exciting to see everyone's updates as we reach the 20-week mark. I'm glad to hear everyone's littles are developing well so far! I had my ultrasound this past Wednesday. I was nervous bc I only had one other US at 7 weeks, but the baby looked perfect and everything seems to be developing normally, thank goodness!

Since I'm TG, I turned away when she took the sex/ gender pics at the end (DH had to work and couldn't make it). Then she left the room for like 15 minutes so I could undress for a vaginal ultrasound. Well my curiosity got the best of me and I peeked at the little pics on the side of the US screen. I saw 2 of the gender pics and I'm almost positive I saw boy parts.

We have an amazing 2 year old DS, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my hopes up for a girl. Please don't judge too harshly, but I've been sad ever since then. I feel guilty for feeling this way, but this is our last baby and I'm just so sad I will likely never experience raising a daughter. Just looking for some support.. I just wish I didn't feel this way

Here's a pic of this sweet little babe. 20w3d

4. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MCD919: awww - what a perfect ultrasound I think its normal to feel disappointed - let yourself feel those feelings. Hey - maybe you'll have little nieces in your life or friends' who have daughters that you can dote on! Then when your boys are grown, maybe a daughter-in-law will come into your life and fill the adult role of a daughter/friend

5. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MCD919: I think there are several of us on this board who had to take a few days to mourn over have 2 of same gender since we are planning to be done after 2 kids. It's normal!

6. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MCD919: what a cutie! I never understood gender disappointment, but I did have a bit of it when I found out we were having a girl. Think of all the fun those 2 boys are going to bring to you! Boys love their moms

Spending the snow day working in the nursery! Ill have to post pics later!

-20w3d

7. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@meadow: @runnerd: @MrsKRB: Thanks for your nice words. I do have 3 nieces that I am very close to, although they live a few hours away, and I am very lucky to have them in my life.

I guess it can be hard to understand if you haven't felt that way. For me, I grew up with a sister I'm really close to, and my mom passed away a few years ago. I always pictured myself having a daughter and having the close bond I felt in my family. I'm also very girly, don't like sports etc. However, I realized with my son that I enjoy doing all kinds of things with him, like cooking, crafts, reading, puzzles, trucks & cars, Legos etc. But I still can't help feeling sad for an experience I won't have, and I think it's a normal thing some parents go through.

8. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MCD919: I don't write about my disappointment in finding out the sex of my son in much detail. But I get it.
    And that's also why I'm not ready to find out. You'll be happy when he's here, but there is nothing anyone can say that will change that feeling that you get when you find out... and still have to be pregnant another 4-5 months.
    Sorry.

ETA: I didn't have a sister and the majority of my cousins (especially the ones nearby that we saw regularly) were boys, so I don't even have a good reason I had a preference at all. I didn't have grand plans for when he or she grew up or anything, but it was there, and it was real.

9. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@pastemoo: I didn't want to find out either! I should have resisted temptation and not peeked

I absolutely adore my son. I've also had previous losses, so I am grateful for a healthy pregnancy. I just think it's going to take time to get past these feelings. Thanks for your support, you ladies are the best.

10. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@MCD919: congrats on a healthy baby (maybe boy?! Not totally confirmed yet.) I'm sorry you're feeling disappointment, I totally would feel the same. Take time to adjust to the news because you know deep down you'll love having your two boys. Not having the chance to raise a daughter you hoped for is hard to deal with, but a bond between brothers is so special! They'll be best buds!

11. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MCD919: Hug.

12. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MCD919: I was definitely a little disappointed on the boy front too but I'm trying to focus on how much fun my lo will have with a brother. I pulled out some baby shoes for a picture and saw his old overalls and it made me excited to put them on another boy.

13. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: Hug.

14. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@MCD919: Don't be too hard on yourself - it is perfectly ok to feel everything you're feeling. You know you will love your new baby with everything you've got once it (he?!) arrives, so be kind to yourself now and let yourself feel disappointment for as long as takes, and then move on once it's passed.....because you know it will pass, whether it's in a few days, a few weeks, or once the little one arrives.

@meadow: Yay for shopping for baby gear!!! We have the city mini GT double and absolutely love it! We've been using it with our girls, who are 19 months apart, since they were 23 months and 4 months old, and have just loved it. So easy to maneuver, easy to fold, comfortable for the girls, and not at all as cumbersome as one would normally expect a big double to be. Our only downside is that we live in England, home of minuscule doorways and tight spaces, so we do struggle at times, but when we used it in America, it was a dream! We take it on a lot of country walks here and it handles the uneven/muddy terrain brilliantly. Seriously, I cannot rave about this pram enough

Alright ladies, I'm usually pretty chill about pregnancy related things but I'm having a bit of a niggling worry that is playing on the back of my mind. As I mentioned last post, I thought I was starting to feel a bit of movement a couple of weeks ago, but it's since stopped. As I have an anterior placenta and am only 18w4d, I wasn't too worried as I know it will take longer to feel movement (I had an anterior placenta with DD1 as well). However, two weeks ago, I had a spa weekend with my girlfriends from home. We had planned this months ago, long before I got pregnant, as I really only get back to the US every year and a half or so and we wanted to make it happen whilst I was home. Whilst at the spa, I did use the sauna (for about 4 minutes max) and was in and out of the spa pool (about 104 degrees Fahrenheit) in about 7-10 minute cycles, alternating with that and the cooling pool. I had in the back of my head that saunas and hot tubs aren't recommended for pregnant women, but I sort of dismissed it thinking my body would let me know if I was getting too warm and needed to get out. FWIW, I felt perfectly fine the whole time - no getting lightheaded or feeling hot or anything like that. But now of course, as I'm not feeling anything that resembles movement anymore, I am freaking myself out that I did untold damage from that one day of using the spa (it was a total of 90 minutes that we were in the spa/sauna area and that includes the time I spent out of the water or in the cool pool). The rational side of my brain says that the 'movement' I thought I was feeling was just digestion (side note: I had a tummy bug the night before our spa weekend that had a resurgence a few days later, so the 'movement' could have been a churning tummy/bowels, sorry for the TMI), but of course the worrying side of my brain is freaking out a bit. I have two weeks and two days until my next scan, and because I'm in England, all scans are done at the hospital, not at my GP's office where my midwife is based, I know there's no possibility of getting a scan before my currently scheduled one. I am waiting on my midwife to get back to me re the 16 week appt that had to be rescheduled because we were out of town, but I'm not sure she'll be able to get me in before the 20 week scan as she only has appts one day a week. Sigh.....I think I'm just being crazy but needed to get that off my chest.

Anyway, sorry for the massively long post! And thanks to everyone who has let me know which baby this is for them, I'll get that together in a list and post it soon!

15. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@Ree723: oh I'm sure you are fine. But I hate that worrying feeling. I know you can't get a scan, but hopefully next week or so you can get in and they will use a Doppler? I have super hot baths and know many people who use the hot tub while pregnant just for limited times. I'm sure all is fine! Hugs!

16. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: I'm sure you are fine! If you were feeling fine the whole time, than baby was too! I didn't feel baby for days at a time during weeks 18 and 19, it only just started ramping up. I know you feel worried, but just remember the chances that everything is ok is on your side!

17. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Ree723: I think it's normal to not feel baby at this stage, but if you are worried, definitely get an appt for Doppler.

18. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@Ree723: thank you And I have been taking baths, too, and my Dr said it was totally fine. I definitely get feeling anxious, but I bet everything is completely fine. My movement was also sporadic then, and didn't really pick up until closer to 20 weeks.

19. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Ree723: Thanks for the "thumbs up" for the City Mini Double! It's great to from real users
    Deep breaths about the movement/hot tub situation. I thought I felt something around 16 weeks and have really felt nothing since. I think its normally when we're excited to hope something we felt was movement but then either it was and we felt something early OR it really wasn't then we start to freak ourselves out. I hope you are able to get an appointment to hear your baby with a doppler if not an ultrasound. ::HUG::

The snow storm and being stuck inside this weekend helped me to put a serious dent on the blanket I've been knitting. Yesterday I worked on our registry for a couple hours online and had to consciously put it down at one point because I realized I spent way too much time looking at baby things!!! Haha.

So I've been taking bump pictures weekly (not the ones I post here which are just whenever I feel like it). I actually compared week 8 to week 18 yesterday and it was funny to see how much I have seriously grown while keeping in mind how much more growing I will do!! It's also funny to think back to that week 8 picture where I was certain I was showing .

-18w3d

20. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

Good Monday Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone survived house arrest due to the snow storm/blizzard. In Georgia we got about 2 inches but you would have thought it was 2 feet.

@Pastemoo: Awesome that your husband knows but you don't. From reading your post you are sticking to not knowing until birth, correct? What a good secret keeper he must be! It does add a little twist to Team Green & makes it that much more exciting!
    @Mrs.Champagne: Can't wait to hear if your boy feeling is right! Don't have too much longer!
    @MCD919: Gender disappointment is a real thing & nothing to feel bad about. By the time that little baby (possibly boy) gets here you'll be so in love.
    @Ree723: really wouldn't let your worrying get to you, I'm sure everything is fine! Hope you are able to get in with your Midwife just to ease your worry though!

I've recently learned that I need to cut out fast movements. Like sitting up or turning over/around. When I do I get some weird pains. I think it's just my stomach stretching. Besides that I feel pretty good. Hope everyone else is feeling good.

-19w1d

21. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MMcAlli: I have to be careful with fast movements too! I turned to someone sitting next to me a couple weeks ago and it was like I got stabbed then was sore for 12 hours. My OB laughed when I told her and said "welcome to round ligament pain". Oh that ish is not fun! Glad you're generally feeling good though!

22. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@meadow: Yeah, it is totally not fun. I read about round ligament pain, but wasn't very sure of what it was. Well now I know & lesson learned that just need to move at a slower pace. Can you imagine when we get further along? Something to look forward to......

23. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: @MrsKRB: @pastemoo: @MCD919: @meadow: @MMcAlli: Thanks ladies! I think you're all right and I'm being just a little bit crazy! It's so weird because I generally don't worry about anything pregnancy related at all, but this thought just popped into my mind and I haven't been able to stop ruminating on the lack of movement I feel. I heard back from my midwife and have my 20 week appt scheduled for the 8th of Feb, and my scan the following day, so only two weeks to go! In the meantime, I'm going to stop worrying about it and keep reminding myself that even with DD2, when the placenta was posterior, it wasn't until around 19/20 weeks that I felt movement, so 18w5d with an anterior placenta is not a big concern....

24. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: I was just looking at my first bump picture too! I didn't realize how small I was! Lol.

@MMcAlli: I've been getting that since my bfp! It's actually getting a little better now, so you might not be suffering forever!

For those of you who wore your previous lo's - did you use a stroller too? I'm hoping to wear her as much as possible, and I don't see myself using a stroller much, or at all, so I didn't know if it was a waste to register. I want a jogger, but I won't use that until she's closer to 1 because of the winter.

25. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: What about when she's at walking age and you go out - say to the zoo - and then she gets too tired to walk...or its crowded and you want to keep her contained.... I feel like a stroller is a great option for outings as a child is growing even if you don't think you'll use it in the infant stage.

But I'm a FTM too - so I don't have real experience....just thinking about times I've been with friends where a stroller was useful.....

(and PS - LOL about you also looking back at early pics ;))

26. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: I think it depends on your lifestyle. I wore my baby and used the stroller. I live in the suburbs of NYC, and so sometimes it was easier to keep the baby in a car seat and use the snap and go stroller. If I went for walks, I usually wore the baby. If we went to a restaurant I wore the baby. I used the stroller for quick errands.

If you live in a city, I think you'll use both a lot. Plus, once the baby gets heavier, you might want a stroller, especially if you are planning a day out.

Now that DS is 2.5, I rarely use the stroller unless we go into the city or if we go to a heavy walking activity (like a zoo).

27. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: we used our stroller for outings a ton with DS until we he started walking, then he couldn't stand to be contained. He never liked being in a carrier. Then once he was older he didn't like the stroller either - our child obviously has containment issues lol

@meadow: and like I said above, in theory yea it would be nice to contain our toddler during outings, but once he could walk, he has a strong-willed personality and won't tolerate the stroller for long, so it's easier to carry him and let him go walk than push an empty stroller.

28. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: @runnerd: thanks I'm glad I have you ladies to ask!

29. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

mrskrb: DS hated the carriers I had but loved the stroller. The carrier came in handy when doing things like apple picking but that was about it. If you want a jogging stroller eventually, you might want to just get one from the start. Baby should be able to go in the stroller for walks by about 3 months. If you are worried about the neck there are a bunch of neck positioners.

30. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: for walks by 3 months? what do you do the first 3 months? (I wore my son, so I legit have no idea).
    also... considering getting a jogger
    @Alba4: good point, city life is different
    @runnerd: "containment issues" lol. kids.
    @MMcAlli: i'm just sticking to not knowing till he accidentally tells me. i told him if he can't contain it anymore, his only out is an official reveal, like on pinterest. no party, but if he's going to "ruin" it, it better be fun. we'll see how it goes.
    same for me with the cooling it on fast movements. bummer.

@Ree723: fair, i only recently started getting daily movements--and baby is 21 1/2 weeks.
    @MrsKRB: we used the stroller less than a dozen times. it makes my husband claustrophobic and it was hard for me, with c section recovery, to grab it and unfold it from the trunk. we almost exclusively wear him, even airport, zoo, mall, going for a walk, hiking, riding the bus, around the house ... my grandma got a stroller for her house because she uses a cane, and the stroller was like her crutch. she liked it because she didn't need her cane.
    but we did get a used jogging stroller (now gone--boo hoo) and we did take him running in that stroller until maybe 3 -4 months ago (3 1/2 years old). also i still wear him when things get too crowded (farmer's market, museum, etc)--but for much shorter periods of time. I used to wear him at work like 8 hours/day, 3 days a week. Now I think I max out at 45 minutes.

I just cannot kick this virus. So gross.

21w 5d

31. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: until babies have decent neck strength they aren't supposed to be jostled. So until then they would need to be almost reclined. (Also if they are sitting too upright there is a danger of them falling over/forward). We got a stroller that our car seat could latch into. We started just sticking him straight in the stroller around 3-4 months. I think many jogging strollers have some sort of attachment system for the car seat.

32. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Ree723: I'm sure everything is fine

Everybody is talking about snow and blizzards and I'm sitting over here enjoying our warm snap of mid 50s! It's been nice but I know it will leave soon... but I don't want it too! (we normally are in the low 40s this time of year!)

This is my first human baby. But I'm one of those crazy cat ladies so this would be like kid number 9 currently! (we have 6 cats and 2 dogs) My poor critters are going to have their lives turned topsy curvy soon....

@MCD919: I'm still sticking to Team Green but disappointment is my biggest fear once the kiddo is born. I'm worried that I'll decide it's a girl or boy and then if it turns out I was wrong I'll be really disappointed. And from what I understand that's already a pretty emotional time so having extra emotions in the mix may not be a good combo! But I really want to have the mystery! And I love annoying other people....

33. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@brownepiano: yea I used a jogging stroller with car seat attachment until at least 6mo, but by then it was winter and too cold for walks or runs, so DS was about 8mo before I put him directly in the jogging stroller

34. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

So.... I am a team green drop out. We are having a BOY! I was 100% sure that I was having another girl. I am having a little bit of gender disappointment but I am warming up to having a boy. DH is actually mad at me for not being 100% excited about having a boy. I don't think that it is fair and that I deserve time to let it settle in. It's not like I have been crying all day or anything! I have just always pictured myself with all girls.

Besides that everything on the ultrasound looked good! Baby is measuring right on track! Exactly 20 weeks today. Half way!

35. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@Purpledaisy: congrats on a boy! What made you drop out of team green??!

You'll love having a boy, promise!

36. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Purpledaisy: congrats on your boy! One of each, what could be better?

37. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Purpledaisy: congrats on your little boy! I have a younger brother and love him so much!

38. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Purpledaisy: very exciting, congrats!! I think we are a boy month! lol

39. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

So, how is everyone doing with weight and exercise?

I am an active person when I'm not pregnant, and I don't eat well (sweet tooth), but I usually can do enough maintain my weight. So, when I'm pregnant I struggle so badly to eat well, since I can't out-exercise my eating!! I really had to scale the exercise back bc of my bleeding episodes. I took 4 weeks off, and I've been back at it for a month, but I've replaced my running with walking and elliptical. Anyways - I am exercising way more than I did with my first pregnancy, but still gaining a lot more than I thought I would. I gained a whopping 52lbs with LO #1 (I was on pelvic rest the first half of my pregnancy), and I really was hoping for 30lbs this time. I've gained about 9-10lbs so far at 19 weeks, but I'm really sad bc the past 3 weeks I've started gaining at 1lb/week rate. I was hoping to stay at the .5lb/week until the 3rd tri. UGGGGHHHH..

40. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Purpledaisy: Yay! And half baked! Woohoo!
    @brownepiano: Thanks for the info.
    @RKitty: Aww, so many fur babies!
    @runnerd: I've been out of exercise for almost a week due to this virus, but hoping to get back into it tonight. Mostly yoga. Same boat as you on weight. Gained around 50 last time (wasn't weighed the last week or two), I'm at 12 now, and considering I kept losing and regaining and losing in first tri, that's the only reason I'm only at 12, but I'm gaining fast right now and it's freaking me out. I really don't want to do 50 again.

-21w6d

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee