Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: I have a girl name and boy name picked out. Thankfully my husband - at least - so far has been okay with them. But they are my names and you can't have them. Nobody can have them! bwhahahahah

Though two of my friends have named their new dogs my girl name in the last month

2. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

The name discussion has begun, but we take forever. We literally only agreed on 1 name for DS1, so I'm sure we'll be in the same boat this time around. My DH doesn't care about middle names, but so far we agreed that the name needs to be a strong name that doesn't start with a D. Good luck to us!

3. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: he's going to be Landon (DH's #1 pick, my #7 pick);

I'm still mourning all the other boy names and girl ones I'll never get to use since this is our last!

4. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: super cute!

5. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

Saw a friend today who was certain I'm having a boy. I was pretty disappointed, actually, even though it means nothing, it was just a guess. I guess I'm really not ready to find out. Ugh.

-22w3d

6. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

Spending time catching up...

We still haven't agreed on a name, I told hubby I'd like to have it locked down within the next month or so.

I've actually lost everything I gained... From doing nothing. I started out ahead so it's not important for me to really gain-- but it's kind of weird to loose weight when I'm not sick at all...

The only excercise I really do is whatever movement comes with cleaning and chasing around a toddler and dancing around with her

7. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

DH and I agreed on two full names before the ultrasound. It was more like I proposed two names and he agreed to them. This is way better than last time when we figured out a middle name closer to 30 weeks! I'm hesitant to share because I don't want anyone who know us IRL to find out. But I'm starting to second guess our name now and don't know what to do.

21 w 4 d

8. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: fwiw everyone tells me I look like I'm having a boy, and it's definitely a girl, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

9. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Mrs. Pink: How strange. Glad you're feeling ok!
    @brownepiano: Same!
    @MrsKRB: thank you

10. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@pastemoo: it is really weird LOL-- but I'll take it! With #1 I gained about 15-20 (I don't remember) which is good for plus sized moms... and then lost an extra 10- but I gained the 10 back in the next 2 years LOL

I'm living in Lularoe leggings right now and classic t's..... my jeans still fit unbuttoned but the zipper area puts pressure on my c-section scar and I can't deal with that- that sucker hurts... I'm going to ask my midwife about it at our next apt (Tuesday) to be sure it's not something I should note.

I started a babylist to help myself keep track of everything I want to buy-- so much easier than having an etsy list, a target list.. etc. etc. I'm hoping when we get our tax money back that we can buy our carseat-- I found an great deal on a Maxi Cosi (it's bright pink as opposed to our preferred black, but whatever haha, we really like it with DD) but need to figure out if I can buy a tiny fit insert by itself first....

What carseats etc. is everyone looking at?

11. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Pink: I'm looking at the Chicco keyfit 30, I was originally looking at the Graco click connect, but I guess the Chicco has better safety ratings.

12. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Mrs. Pink: So, how do you walk around with your jeans unzipped? Belly band, or something else.

13. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Mrs. Pink: we still have our Graco snugride 35 that we will reuse for #2; so we have some time before we have to start shopping for new convertible car seats.

14. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Pink: @MrsKRB: I'm looking at the Chicco Keyfit 30 too. I started looking at the Graco because it was lighter, then saw the same thing about the safety ratings and was sold :-p.

I'm feeling pretty "big" tonight. We at dinner out with friends last night, and had a midafternoon lunch/dinner out today. After both meals I was FULL. Like bending was troublesome. HAHA. My skin is getting pretty translucent - there is a road map of blue blood veins on it!

15. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Mrs. Pink: we are using our graco snug ride 35 from DD. I liked it because it was light weight, and more head support than the keyfit. Also, the no re-three harness was amazing to have. I will never get another seat without it! I also didn't like that the chicco shoulder pads didn't come off. They always seemed to get in the way of a tight harness in the early days especially, and we never use them. I like removable ones!

16. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

We have the Chico keyfit 30 and liked it. Plan to use it again.

17. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

We will reuse the car seat we had for my son... Chico keyfit I think? Only goes up to 22 lbs though. Probably will get another diano radian rxt like ds has for the convertible.

18. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

How are you reusing your carseats? Don't you have your big kid in it? Or are you upgrading your big kid instead?

19. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@pastemoo: DD hasn't used our infant seat for a few months. Even then it was only in my Inlaws car. We switched her to a convertible around 6 months when she got too haven't for me to carry her around in it. I scored some good deals on convertibles over the holidays, so we will use the infant carrier with #2 to start for my car and my Inlaws and she can use the new convertible in DHs car.

20. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@catomd00: Oooooh. I'm planning on skipping the bucket seat and going straight to convertible. I sold my infant seat (super cheap)/travel system to a friend a while ago.

21. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@pastemoo: belly band! I'm short- so they go down below my hips even when pulled over my belly button haha

we're skipping the infant seat as well-- I am seriously a weakling and carrying the infant seat was hell. I'd rather wake the kid and put her in a ring sling for in and out of the car!

22. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: I've been using my belly band for my work slacks for while now. and occasionally with my jeans, but jeans finally hit the uncomfortable to sit in stage so I'll start using it regularly with my jeans now too. so far they've done a good job of keeping my pants up!

I'm also probably getting the Chicco Keyfit 30. But not set in stone yet.

23. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@pastemoo: oh I'm reusing the bucket! Will eventually buy a new convertible.

24. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Mrs. Pink: We have an Eddie Bauer 3 or 4 in one for our toddler that was our original register pick. We were handed down a bucket seat so we wanted something we could use as long as possible. When we looked in stores I liked that the strap height was easily adjustable. But it turns out it is a pain to adjust in the car because you need to face it head on. It's also been hard for me to install and the straps are hard to tighten. I'm not sure what I think about 3 in 1's now.

We got a used Evenflow convertible car seat at a kids consignment sale for DH's car. I actually like it a lot better!

We gave away our bucket seat so I'm going to look for a new one at the consignment sale this year even though one of ours we can technically use with an infant.

Sorry that's a novel!

25. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

We're skipping the infant seat and going straight to a convertible. We had only rented our previous infant seats (the ambulance service in Australia rents out infant seats for a fraction of the cost of buying one - it was great!) and thought about buying one for this baby, but have since decided against it. For a variety of reasons not related to the baby, we'll be switching DD1 to the preschool attached to the primary school on our street in September, which means we will obviously be walking every day. Her current preschool requires us to drive or walk three miles roundtrip twice a day, so if we kept her there next year, we'd definitely go with the infant seat, but now that we will be within easy walking distance, I'm thinking the infant seat is just not worth it...

We've already bought a new convertible for DD2 as her previous one wasn't Isofix (my mistake when ordering online!), and since our car only has two isofix points anyway, we'll use the three convertibles we already have once the baby arrives - two Britax (one isofix, one not) and a Joie (isofix). We're just trying to figure out the configuration as the three seats will be in a row in our five passenger car. Thinking of putting our then 4 yr old DD1 FF in the middle, nearly 2.5 yr old DD2 FF behind the driver, and newborn RF behind passenger. I think that will work best....maybe.....

26. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

Hey all. I've been so busy I haven't updated for a while. I had quite the scare last Monday. I carried something heavy for a pretty long distance at work. Then, when I was walking back to my office I had a contraction. A real, super painful, take your breath away, stop and lean against the wall contraction. At the time I was only 17w6d. I had finally stopped bleeding from my SCH and then that happened! Ugh! I had three contractions before they stopped and were just cramping. Needless to say, I have decided no more carrying anything heavy. No more contractions since then, so hopefully it was a one time thing.

I woke up yesterday with a cold. I feel like crap. Which really sucks because I have a HUGE job interview on Wednesday. My life is really testing my limits right now. It doesn't help that I cannot find a comfortable position to sleep in either and my hip is out of place and super painful.

Sorry for all the complaining. I really don't feel good. My 20w ultrasound is Feb 12- so a week and a half away! I can't wait to see baby!

-18w6d

27. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@pastemoo: @Mrs. Pink: @Ree723: the bucket seat got really heavy toward the end of using it, but oh my gosh, I couldn't imagine not using it in the first 6 months when you can get all those nice transitions from car to restaurant with sleeping baby

@Dr. Pepper: ahh sorry lady! glad it passed, it's always something with pregnancy!!!

28. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

so question - have any of you had cramping etc around this time? I am a little stressed out because I've been having some fairly constant dull cramping for the past few days, and I keep waiting for it to calm down.

I think I may have just overdone it this weekend. I did run/walk intervals for 3.5 miles both Saturday and Sunday, cleaned a lot, and helped paint the nursery, so maybe my body is just telling me to slow down?

-19w4d

29. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@runnerd: True, but I figure with three kids within four years, our outings to restaurants and the like with children are probably going to be limited for a while! We do have an infant seat (it belongs to DH's parents that they bought for the grandkids) we could always throw in the boot of our car for when we do go out to eat and need a place for the baby to sit/lay whilst out, but we probably won't actually use it as the proper car seat. For one, it doesn't have a base and would need to be strapped in with the seat belt every time, and two, it only has a three point harness, as is normal here in the UK.

As for the cramping, are you drinking enough water? I did find with my other pregnancies that if I was dehydrated, I did get a bit crampy. And my water requirements skyrocketed during pregnancy as well so whilst I thought I was getting enough, I obviously wasn't.... Hope you start feeling better soon!

30. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@runnerd: I've been cramping-- mostly when I think the baby is down there "messing around" LOL or when I have waited to long to run and pee? the top of my belly hurts more than anything-- there are times when even a little pressure is extremely uncomfortable.

Is anyone else (specifically 2nd time moms) already uh, leaking colostrum? it's just a few drops here and there but I get a lot of pain right before in addition to just being super sensitive anyways-- I'm hoping this means nursing will be better this time around...

31. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@runnerd: I'm not sure I would describe it as cramping but I've had achy pain low and under my belly. I get it most when I've been standing a lot or need to drink more. I usually just assuming it is my muscles getting tired! It always seems like every time I bring up various pain to the Dr they just say it is normal, so I try not to worry about it anymore.

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Dr. Pepper: I'm sorry just look forward to good things!!

@runnerd: I've had slight cramping, but like others said it's mostly if I've been running around a lot. Water definitely helps.

33. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Dr. Pepper: So scary! I'm glad everything settled down though!

@runnerd: I don't know what's normal or not... but I get some cramping from when I hold my bladder to long and then after i finally pee it cramps for bit after! And then due to constipation I'm getting cramps form that but no 'baby' cramps that I know off! I do have a friend who is have cramps and her doctor told her it was her uterus stretching.

@Mrs. Pink: No leakage! But my areola and nipples are way way darker then normal!

We had our twenty week scan today (Even though I'm 19 weeks ) And everything looked good and normal. Still measuring about 5 days ahead but the number didn't jump any higher at least! But I guess the baby wouldn't cooperate for some of the photos so we're doing another ultrasound on March 4th.

And then I had spent all weekend psyching myself up to stay Team Green Strong... And my Husband 15 minutes before our appointment was all like "YAY we get to find out today!" and I'm like . I told him I was fine either way and if he really wanted to know we could find out. So we (he!) decided that I could use him as scapegoat excuse to find out what we are having but I'd have to promise not to blame him for ruining it for me.

But we're having a boy! (gotta keep to the June Theme!)

And omg... I invited my parents along and my dad would not shut up about the Doritos commercial where the dad teases the baby with a Doritos during the entire time!(go watch it's pretty funny) The on our way out he made my mom show it to all the office ladies on her phone....

34. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

June 1: pastemoo (#2) , Anne825 (#1), Contemplating (#1) , catomd00 (#2)
    June 2: Maddux41506 (#1)
    June 4: Mrs. Pink (#2) , BLA (#2)
    June 7: brownepiano (#2)
    June 8: MrsKRB (#1) , MCD919 (#2) , Lately (#2) , starlitsky (#1)
    June 10: babybinks
    June 13: Purpledaisy (#2)
    June 16: LittleGBee (#3)
    June 20: MMcAlli (#1)
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut (#1) , meadow x2 (#1 & 2)
    June 22: Ree723 (#3)
    June 23: runnerd (#2)
    June 25: doodlepoodle (#2)
    June 26: Hazel27 (#1)
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful (#1)
    June 28: Alba4 (#2) , Dr. Pepper (#2) , RKitty (#1)
    June 30: Mrs. Champagne (#2)
    Tally: 4 girls, 9 boys, 5 Team Green

35. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: But an interesting one. I love the EddieBauer seat, but I don't want to try to fit 2 in my car.
    @Ree723: sounds like a good setup
    @Dr. Pepper: Hug. Rough week! Good luck on your interview and get well, soon.
    @runnerd: i cramp when i do anything too fast but i hurt a lot less this pregnancy that i did last time. last time 2nd tri i went to ER twice for severe pain that turned out to just be the baby.
    @Ree723: yes, less outings with more kids... but still, i prefer to wrap/hold the baby. if this is my last baby, i'm not leaving it in the seat this time--that i miss.
    @Mrs. Pink: interesting. i still get drops when i shower--never stopped since weaning over a year and half ago! nothing increased from that, but yes tenderness!
    @RKitty: oh, husbands.... sorry you had to find out with no prep, but congrats on your boy! thanks for updating the list

First Lamaze class tonight!
    -22w5d

36. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@RKitty: congrats on your boy!

37. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

My best advice for those of you researching car seats is don't just look online. Go to a store and try the features you think you want. Oh and try them sideways, not face on. And probably one handed too. Then decide what matters most to you. No one car seat is going to have all the features you want.
    Good luck! I don't miss those days. I'm perfectly happy to go to a consignment sale and buy whatever is available. I hate information overload!

38. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@RKitty: yay for a boy! was that what you were hoping? I can't remember!

39. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: Well... I had planned to find out then went back to not finding out... but I was just annoyed because I asked him like a gazillion times if he wanted to know and the answer was always no... until right before the appointment!

@MrsKRB: thanks

@Mrs. Pink: I kind of wanted a girl, but only if I managed to make it to July. Otherwise I really didn't care. Odd said boy anyways. (My husband's and I family run more male heavy then anything)

@brownepiano: Thats our plan this weekend! We're going to check out a few and mess around with them to make sure we like the chicco one the best.

40. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@Dr. Pepper: What a scare, hoping it doesn't happen again & your cold gets better before your job interview tomorrow!

@runnerd: Cramping? Not sure if it's cramping or what! I actually think it's braxton hicks I'm experiencing, because it starts off feeling like a period cramp but it doesn't just stay in my stomach it also moves to my back. My stomach also tightens up. Its not the most painful thing but its definitely uncomfortable. As others have said drink lots of water. Even though that means a million bathroom visits.

@RKitty: Oh husbands! Well congratulations on finding out it's a boy! :)) June is definitely a Boy Month.

My sister-n-law has the Chicco Keyfit 30 & I liked it well enough plus it has great reviews so it's what I went with. Already ordered & arrived this weekend. Quality is nice & now I'm just anxious to have this sweet Little Boy in it. :))

Anatomy Scan for me tomorrow. As I said ^^ I've been experiencing what I think are some Braxton hicks. I've been drinking lots of water & they're still coming and going. I will definitely be mentioning it to my OB. This being my first pregnancy I seriously don't know what's "normal" & what's something I should be worried about.

On another note, I can't believe it's already February. Just another month closer to June!

-20w2d

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee