Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@runnerd: I briskly walk for 30 min most days, I also climb a lot of stairs at work (I HATE the elevator). I was worried my weight would be out of control because the first 14-15 weeks, I was ravenous! Luckily my appetite is under control now, so knock on wood I will be okay in the end. So far I'm up ~12 lbs at 21 weeks.

2. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@runnerd: Exercise I am terrible at. I am really only motivated when I take a group class like Zumba and have friends. (Or to go for 3-5 mile walks during the summer in my neighborhood). So since I had to give up Zumba during fertility treatments, I couldn't continue it through pregnancy like I originally planned. My doctors will let me max out at 20 minutes on a treadmill - walking. So partially difficult to motivate myself to pack gym clothes and go after work when I can only do so little. Partially got really used to being tired during 1st trimester. I have gone for 3 workouts since pregnant and miss working out but know that I have to be careful with my babies. Last week I decided my new goal is once a week after work. Hoping to go tomorrow.
    For my job I am on my feet a good portion of the day - so I partially justify not going to the gym by that (which is bad I know!)

3. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@runnerd: Yeah, exercise and I have become estranged friends lately. I love working out when not pregnant and pride myself on usually being super in shape despite having a major sweet tooth and not eating the healthiest. Once I become pregnant though, that all goes out the window! I walked DD1 to preschool yesterday for the first time in ages and that three mile roundtrip walk, pushing the double pram, completely wiped me out for the rest of the day....and I have sore legs today. Lame.

I gained exactly 32 lbs with each of my girls, so I'm hoping to stay the same with this one as well. At 19 weeks though, I'm only up about 6 lbs, whereas with my last two, I was up about 15 lbs at this stage. I honestly think your body is going to gain what it needs/wants to gain during pregnancy, regardless of what you do about it, within reason of course!

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

June 2016 mamas

June 1: pastemoo, Anne825, Contemplating , catomd00
    June 2: Maddux41506
    June 4: Mrs. Pink , BLA
    June 7: brownepiano
    June 8: MrsKRB MCD919 Lately starlitsky
    June 10: babybinks
    June 13: Purpledaisy
    June 16: LittleGBee
    June 20: MMcAlli
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut meadow
    June 23: runnerd
    June 25: doodlepoodle
    June 26: Ree723 Hazel27
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful
    June 28: Alba4 Dr. Pepper , RKitty
    June 30: Mrs. Champagne

Tally: 4 girls, 8 boys, 4 team green

5. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@pastemoo: @MrsKRB: @meadow: @Ree723: I'm glad I'm not alone on the exercise front!!! makes me feel at least a little better.

@pastemoo: yes!! my #1 pregnancy fear (now that I'm past the first tri fears) is gaining 50+ again. every time I don't want to go to the gym or for a walk, I try to remember that is my motivation.

@Ree723: that is true! I wasn't exercising at all at this point in my last pregnancy due to pelvic rest, and I'm exercising nearly daily this time and still gaining the same amount as this time last pregnancy! my body has a mind of it's own!

6. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: I still can't believe how many boys we have vs girls! maybe all the girls are the team greeners! (although team green drop out purpledaisy disproves that theory )

7. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Ree723: yes!
    @runnerd: same! but last time was even MORE active than now, so so fit. and i didn't even eat a lot. i did lose it in 9 months but... still.
    and re: boys vs girls. i strongly suspect a girl ... could be wrong of course. I'm more surprised by how many June mamas we have, especially since there are way fewer in both May and July groups on HB.

8. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@runnerd: I know, so much blue! I have 4 pregnant friends right now and they're all having boys too! Something in the water

9. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

So Many boys! And around me it's been almost all boys born for the past two years!

Exercise and I aren't friends even when I'm not pregnant! For right now I'm just in daily survival mode trying to fit in everything I need to do for work while juggling being home most of the day with a toddler. I'm hoping once it gets warmer I can go for walks with DS 1 more and hang out at the playground again. I didn't exercise much last time and gained about 30 lb I think. I am one of the lucky ones who loses it in a month or two without trying so I don't stress about it.

10. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: @brownepiano: yea, when I was pregnant with DS1, my friends who had babies same year 5 of 6 were boys also!

11. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@purpledaisy: Congratulations on a boy!!!

I also can't believe our boy to girl ratio!

Exercise Exercise.... Eh. I was a strong gym go'er (is that a word?) before I got pregnant. I went 5-6 days a week for weight training & cardio. Since becoming pregnant I have maybe went 5 times. I didn't go at all during the first trimester so those 5 times have been recent. I am worried about weight gain, mainly because for the past few years all I've been about is keeping my body fat down so mainly it's just a habit to worry about weight gain.. I have gained about 6 lbs so far.
    I've been trying to eat healthy but occasionally I find myself with a sweet tooth for some delicious chocolate pie or a fast break candy bar. Yummmm. I do plan on getting in the gym more often to do some basic weight training & a little cardio before. A little is better than nothing....right?

-19w2d

12. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Ok, I finally got around to figuring out what baby number this is for everyone - if anything is incorrect, let me know and I'll edit it! I also changed my due date to go with my amended date - anyone else need a change?

June 1: pastemoo (#2) , Anne825 (#1), Contemplating (#1) , catomd00 (#2)
    June 2: Maddux41506 (#1)
    June 4: Mrs. Pink (#2) , BLA (#2)
    June 7: brownepiano (#2)
    June 8: MrsKRB (#1) , MCD919 (#2) , Lately (#2) , starlitsky (#1)
    June 13: Purpledaisy (#2)
    June 16: LittleGBee (#3)
    June 20: MMcAlli (#1)
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut (#1) , meadow x2 (#1 & 2)
    June 22: Ree723 (#3)
    June 23: runnerd (#2)
    June 25: doodlepoodle (#2)
    June 26: Hazel27 (#1)
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful (#1)
    June 28: Alba4 (#2) , Dr. Pepper (#2) , RKitty (#1)
    June 30: Mrs. Champagne (#2)

Tally: 4 girls, 8 boys, 5 Team Green

13. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@runnerd: ugh I'm sucking big time with exercise. We just moved a little outside of town and the only sidewalks are complete snow covered, and the only road is busy. So I'm basically just chAsing my toddler as exercise. I want to start something up but not sure what since I've done nothing.

As of my 16 week appointment I had only gained two pounds.. I lost some at first. I gained 28 last time and wanted to gain less this time since I started heavier (thanks to weaning followed by an MC and then pregnant again).

14. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

Something is wonky...I just notice June 24th is out of order on our list..... hehe......thanks to both @MrsKRB: for keeping it up to date and @Ree723: for adding child numbers....this will be so helpful!!

@pastemoo: I noticed too about how many of us there are when I was spying on our adjacent months!! September/October must be a good time to get lucky!!

15. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: haha whoops! You win some, you lose some

June 2016 Mamas

June 1: pastemoo (#2) , Anne825 (#1), Contemplating (#1) , catomd00 (#2)
    June 2: Maddux41506 (#1)
    June 4: Mrs. Pink (#2) , BLA (#2)
    June 7: brownepiano (#2)
    June 8: MrsKRB (#1) , MCD919 (#2) , Lately (#2) , starlitsky (#1)
    June 13: Purpledaisy (#2)
    June 16: LittleGBee (#3)
    June 20: MMcAlli (#1)
    June 22: Ree723 (#3)
    June 23: runnerd (#2)
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut (#1) , meadow x2 (#1 & 2)
    June 25: doodlepoodle (#2)
    June 26: Hazel27 (#1)
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful (#1)
    June 28: Alba4 (#2) , Dr. Pepper (#2) , RKitty (#1)
    June 30: Mrs. Champagne (#2)

Tally: 4 girls, 8 boys, 5 Team Green

16. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@meadow: how is this the first time I'm noticing your team green? I could never be TG but that stresses me out to the max thinking about 2 babies I don't know the gender of!

17. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

I'm over weight and struggled with it for a while... and part of the issues is exercise and me do not get along... Before I found out I was pregnant I was trying to get back into my yoga and hula hooping.... and then I was so exhausted/sick feeling that I kind of stopped.

I've been trying to walk now but I managed to pull a groin/upper thigh muscle and develop planter fasciitis on the same leg/foot so walking a lot can cause pain. Thankfully the fasciitis seems to be healing up but my groin one is driving me up the wall...

But I'm going to see if I can suspend my gym membership for a few months and use that money towards a local prenatal yoga class. (My gym offers yoga but not prenatal). And once the weather gets a little nicer pull out my hula hoop again.

I lost about 15lbs my first trimester and I've put back on a pound or two I'm still less then where I started! My goal is to hopefully stay the same weight right now through the second trimester and then keep from gaining excessive weight through the 3rd. But my appetite has returned and usually I can eat with out an issue so I need to make sure to make smart food decisions.

18. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: So I'm curious if there are more June babies because of people aiming for summer maternity leave. That was definitely planned here! Anyone else?

19. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: I didn't plan it that way, but it sure worked out nicely

20. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@brownepiano: We were trying for over a year so timing wasn't planned at all!

I looked too and I can't believe how empty July is! And how quiet the thread is too! I know late summer/early fall months always are higher baby counts in part due to the cold weather and shorter days...

21. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@runnerd: Haha......part of what makes it do-able is knowing they are identical. So we're either having 2 boys or 2 girls. Somehow in my head those possibilities are easier than the possibilities of one of each. I think the surprise is going to be so magical with twins! (Though the anticipation will be so "over" when baby B arrives - oh well, poor kid haha)

@RKitty: Glad your foot is starting to get better - UCK!

@brownepiano: Possible theory! I know we were trying for over a year and went into medical interventions. So while month 1 was all sorts of planned for timing of birth - I threw those plans out the window quickly when it wasn't that easy haha!!!

@RKitty: I know I've always heard about the excessive of babies conceived during snow storms! I wonder how many babies were conceived this past weekend in the East! haha.

22. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@brownepiano: June is actually horrible timing for us 😂

I was due in February and miscarried which would have been good timing. DH wanted to wait for a July or August due date but I just needed to try again right away. In hindsight, a July due date would also suck now that his work schedule has changed a bit. So we will deal! Lol

23. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@MrsKRB: everyone I know is also having boys!!@brownepiano: I'm super excited for a summer maternity leave! Didn't plan it necessarily, we had to wait until I would deliver after my 1 year work anniversary so I would qualify for fmla! Work wise it's not good timing at all but oh well, I can't help I got pregnant right away lol! I wasn't going to wait to try in case it took longer than that.

24. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@brownepiano: yea we didn't plan for June, I was pregnant for March and lost it, and got pregnant the first cycle after that

25. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Sorry lurker over here. I am a June 2015 mama and we had almost all girls! Just funny to see how many boys there are this year.

26. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

Thanks for some of the responses, I guess I was wrong!
    I had a surprise pregnancy before DS #1 which ended in miscarriage, and DS 1 was a surprise too. For some reason I still thought that most people planned out what they wanted and made it happen. Ha-ha. And I know plenty of people who struggle irl too, so I don't know why I thought that! Hugs to everyone who's had a long road here!
    A summer baby is great for us because my work follows the school schedule pretty closely and I'm self employed so I don't get paid time off.

27. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

Wasn't planned here, as others have said the first month of ttc was definitely planned but all the planning went away when we discovered getting pregnant wasn't going to happen just because we decided we were ready.
    Our little one will be smash between several wedding anniversaries & two of his three cousin's birthdays.

I did read somewhere or maybe everywhere that timing getting pregnant to prevent being "super pregnant" during the summer is ideal, however this cold weather makes me shiver & then I start gagging which result in me being or feeling sick. Ugh. I think I would rather warm(er) weather.
    Plus wearing all these sweaters & coats don't show off my bump, they just make me look chunky. (HA)

28. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Yeah, we didn't plan for this timing either.... DH's work is busy throughout the year, and I'm a SAHM so the timing from that perspective was completely irrelevant. This baby is due one day after DD1's birthday, two days before MIL's birthday, six days before SIL's birthday, and eight days before my brother's birthday, so definitely not ideal timing in that regard! I'm just hoping this one doesn't share DD1's birthday!!

If we had actually planned this and been trying for a certain time of year, we would have chosen to have an autumn baby. Kids here start full time school the September after they turn 4, which I (as a former teacher) think is way, way too early! My DD1 is meant to start at 4yrs 2 months old, full time, and now this baby will be the same. We're fighting to delay our DD's start, which is technically allowed, but they tend to make kids skip their first year of school then and go right into their second year, which is insane. We're currently fighting it, but if we had autumn birthdays, life would be so much easier as they'd start school at 4 yrs 11 mos, or 4yrs 10 mos etc, which is infinitely preferable to starting at barely four! Anyway, I'll step off my soapbox now but all that to say that having another summer birthday was most definitely not in our plan

On a different note, is anyone finding themselves exceptionally clumsy lately?! This happened the last two times as well, but it seems worse this pregnancy! I am constantly dropping things, running into things, and just being a complete butterfingers - I'm trying to focus more when I do things like unload the dishwasher, but it is still like a comedy of errors. Anyone else?

29. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: so funny you should say that, last week my friends were saying they knew they were pregnant because they kept dropping things. I'm always quote clumsy, but it's definitely intensified! I don't know if it's because all I'm thinking about is baby, or because my equilibrium is off or something!

30. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: I hear you on the sweaters, so frumpy!

31. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@brownepiano: This baby wasn't planned! But a summer baby & birthday will be nice!

@Ree723: Omg I'm glad I'm not the only one because I'm so clumsy during pregnancy! Last time I remember bumping into everything and dropping things like dishes a few times

Re exercise... I was definitely better about going to the gym, Zumba, and walks last pregnancy. This time around, I mostly walk for exercise (we live in a city), but finding out in October as the weather was getting colder, along with 1st trimester nausea= lots of laziness I gained 28 last time, and I'm pretty similar so far this time, maybe a couple of pounds up. Trying to be good with food choices, but it's hard!

32. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@meadow: Thanks! And I bet this fall will Oct/Nov will have a spike in baby births on the East Coast!

I can't say I'm more clumsy then normal... but I'm more forgetful! For example it's pretty much a daily occurrence for me to dish up my cats breakfast and then wonder why a minute later they're still begging.... only to find their food still on the counter. I also have issues thinking of words sometimes and totally use the wrong word when talking, but it might start with the same letter at least!

33. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Eko: That's pretty funny!!

@MMcAlli: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sort of excited that I won't be huge huge in the summer heat

@Ree723: I definitely have the "dropsies" lately. Didn't really think it was pregnancy related since it has no relation to my center of balance.....but now that I see all of you ladies are experiencing it - maybe it is!! HAHA

34. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@RKitty: You're not alone in mixing up & forgetting words. The other day I was having a conversation with a co-worker's daughter about her first semester of college & when it was time to leave I told her I hope her next "trimester" in college went better. We both just laughed.

@meadow: Yeah, I say that I would prefer warm over cold... now. I will probably be taking that back come May when I'm 9 months pregnant & it's 100 degrees outside. This weekend they are saying it's suppose to be upper 60s, so I will definitely be enjoying that. Last weekend snow and this weekend Spring weather. Whatever, I'll take it.

35. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

My first son was born at the end of Aug and it wasn't easy enduring those hot summer months. I'm excited to have a June baby this time around!

36. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@RKitty: ugh I feel like I have major pregnancy brain. Yesterday I was texting a friend and she told me the name she likes or a boy but her husband doesn't like it. About 5 minutes later I asked her "what's your boy name?" And she retold me. I was like OMGGGG I swear I was paying attention. I even told her I love the name and we might use it for a third boy if we have one one day. Then it totally slipped my mind. Lol.

37. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Ladies, have we talked names??

Anyone have their names decided? Ideas?

38. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: 99% sure she will be Reilly Claire! What about you, any ideas?

39. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: I am getting super forgetful....like I'll sit at my desk and start thinking about what I need to do and before I even get to item #2, I forgot what I decided item #1 was. It's scary!!!

@MrsKRB: Very pretty name!

@Mrs. Champagne: Oh boy...I totally need to get going on thinking of names.....but I'd rather research gear haha. My husband and I have only talked silly names at this point. We really should buckle down. We have an hour each way car ride this weekend - maybe that can be our travel discussion.

I'm feeling pretty pregnant today. It's funny how it seems like my belly has changed overnight. It's so solid feeling and my belly button has this weird muscle starting to poke out that moves when I laugh or walk. HAHA. I also find it strange that I have gained this "volume" in my belly, but other than bumping into counters when I stand too close, I sometimes forget that its there!

Today I had my hand resting on my upper belly and I was still and thought I felt some movement within (not from the outside, but maybe someone kicking at my hand). Then I realized I just ate lunch and was basically putting my hand on my stomach. Oh well.

40. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: this is going to sound awful but I hate naming babies! It's so daunting. dHcsne up with a name that I like so at least we have a viable option. I've looked a little but hate all names so will prob default to the one DH chose. I feel bad about not giving it more thought! We won't officially choose until she's born though. Front (only?) runner right now is Caroline.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee