Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: yes! Just 4 more months!!

@pastemoo: how did the Lamaze class go? I'm still undecided if I want to take one.

2. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: my husband thought it was dumb, i think it's worth while. i mean it's not like super valuable every minute, but it's nice to have time to focus on us and the baby.

3. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Dr. Pepper: Oh my gosh - What a scary day you had!!! I'm glad that you are feeling better! Good luck with your interview tomorrow - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

@rummerd: I get a little bit crampy if I am not drinking enough or if I hold my pee too long (like others said!)

@Rkitty: congrats on a great ultrasound and congrats on your little boy! How wonderful

@mmcalli: good luck at your scan tomorrow - yay!

I booked an appointment for next Friday to visit the daycare center I think we'll use. This way we can get on the "list" but more importantly get our hands on the price list. Better bet I'm going to ask about any sort of discounts available (sibling/twins/anything :-p). I also got information at work today about our Flexible Spending plan for Dependent Care. So I am feeling productive in that department.

Those of you setting up registries - are there certain items you think you and DH will purchase instead of registering (or at least before publicizing the registry)?

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: we are buying mostly things for the nursery and clothes, but are trying to hold off as much as possible until after my shower for the completion discount we are touring a daycare this Friday!

5. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

My scan went good today, our Little Boy weighs a whole pound & looking healthy.. My doctor officially moved up my due date to June 10th. so next time our list is updated can you please change my date TIA :))
    As I have mentioned I've been having what I believe are mild contractions/Braxton hicks, my doctor said to be on the safe side I am going to have some test ran next week to see if I am at risk for preterm labor. Have any of you moms had this? Said it is a two part test, he will examine me & then I will have a transvaginal ultrasound. He mentioned checking my cervix length(?) and a few other things I can't recall now.

-21w5d

6. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@meadow: Go you for being super productive :)) As for registry, we are buying everything for nursery & some clothes. We plan on registering for a few big things (high chair, pack-n-play, etc) just because our family asked us to. I have been informed I will be having two showers, one in March & one in April. So after those are done we will go out & get whatever else we feel like we will need. :)) What are you thinking about buying & not putting on your registry?

7. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MMcAlli: I'm sorry that you are worried. I didn't have that test that your Dr. mentioned, but because of my complete placenta previa, I'm at risk for preterm labor. That is why I'm on progesterone, and why I have regular TV ultrasound scans to check my cervix and to see if my placenta has moved. Luckily my cervix is still long. I think if your cervix starts to shorten, that is a sign of labor, and then other precautions are taken.

A good friend of mine was at risk for preterm labor since her first baby was born premature. She had progesterone shots and eventually went on modified bedrest when her cervix started to shorten. She still carried that baby to full term and had a great delivery!

I'm sure all will be fine! Better to know either way.

8. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

Hey all! I'm done with my job interview! I survived. I got lots of good sleep last night (luckily) and my cold is a little better, but still here. I got through the interview without having to blow my nose and only a few coughs. Now I can focus on getting better and waiting for my anatomy scan next Friday- 1 week 2 days away! No more cramping or anything strange going on with baby lately. I feel him move every day now so that is super reassuring.

-19w1d

9. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: cool! Have fun at the daycare......is it a chain or local one?

@MMcAlli: yay for baby looking so great ☺ I'm at risk for preterm labor purely because of the twins....so I know at my 20 week they are going to begin measuring the length of my cervix. All I've found online is that is transvaginal ...and they'll monitor to make sure it doesn't shorten like @Alba4: said.

@MMcAlli: I was thinking we should buy some of the bigger things like maybe the cribs & mattresses because I'm starting to feel greedy looking at the list....

@Dr. Pepper: so glad to hear your interview went well!!! And you didn't have to blow your nose! Awesome

Anatomy scan one week from tommorrow. ...I'm crazy excited!!!!!!

10. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Dr. Pepper: Yay! And get well soon! When would that job begin?
    @meadow: I put EVERYTHING we will purchase on the registry. I will not buy without my "completion discount." No one even has to buy anything off your registry for you to get the completion discount! I am not intending to have a baby shower or sprinkle or anything and not expecting any gifts--or, rather, I am expecting that any gifts will be purchased based entirely on the gift giver's tastes and have nothing to do with wants/needs, but more on what makes that person happy. MIL will buy clothes, mom will buy books, etc...

@MMcAlli: I didn't realize that they would change due dates this late in the game! Does this mean that if you go "post dates" you now have an earlier limit to the last day they will let you stay pregnant?
    Also I had that test--or something like it because I had lots of contractions after a car accident at 28 weeks. I don't remember much about it though. I was pretty freaked out because I was still in a lot of pain at that point and wasn't really paying good attention. And my boy wasn't born till 40 weeks.

June 1: pastemoo (#2) , Anne825 (#1), Contemplating (#1) , catomd00 (#2)
    June 2: Maddux41506 (#1)
    June 4: Mrs. Pink (#2) , BLA (#2)
    June 7: brownepiano (#2)
    June 8: MrsKRB (#1) , MCD919 (#2) , Lately (#2) , starlitsky (#1)
    June 10: babybinks, MMcAlli (#1)
    June 13: Purpledaisy (#2)
    June 16: LittleGBee (#3)
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut (#1) , meadow x2 (#1 & 2)
    June 22: Ree723 (#3)
    June 23: runnerd (#2)
    June 25: doodlepoodle (#2)
    June 26: Hazel27 (#1)
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful (#1)
    June 28: Alba4 (#2) , Dr. Pepper (#2) , RKitty (#1)
    June 30: Mrs. Champagne (#2)
    Tally: 4 girls, 9 boys, 5 Team Green

11. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@meadow: we have a really tiny amount of things we will need since it's #2 and the same gender... but I used baby list to make a list of things I want and then plan to provide info when asked specifically (people in my family ALWAYS ask- even with 2nd babies)- it seemed like a happy medium in the "register vs don't register" argument!

this is what I have-- and right now it's basically a reminder of what I need to get haha- notice how I have 2 colors of carseat- mostly to watch the prices

https://babyli.st/babyr2?view=guest

12. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@Alba4: @meadow: Thanks ladies. I did some research yesterday. They will be measuring my cervix as you two are having done & apparently he will take a swab & send it off to be tested for any amniotic fluid to see if it's leaking. I'm a little nervous but hoping everything will be fine. I of course read some scary stories on google too. Eh. I won't be doing that again.

@pastemoo: Yes, I was surprised he changed it too, considering last time I went in his Midwife told me they don't change due dates. However, he was saying since all but one of my ultrasounds & measurements were saying 40 weeks at June 10th he felt obligated to change it. He didn't want me to go to June 20th & actually be 42 weeks because that can raise some risk factors. So we will just see.

I can't believe we are at 9 boys & 4 girls. Maybe all you team green's are having girls to balance it out. :)) Can't wait to hear about every ones upcoming scans!

-21w6d

13. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MMcAlli: Step away from Google!!! (Easier said than done obviously)

For those on 2nd and 3rd children.... Are you registering for anything? My mom asked if I planned to, and I immediately said no. She was saying that people will send gifts and it's nice to have a little guidance. I'm still unsure if I feel comfortable...

14. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Alba4: I am just to keep track of the things I need. Although I did put some things on there that I'd like but I'm not sure we'll spend the money on if we are given them. (Like an overstuffed rocking chair and some A&A bibs). I figured having one would help me remember and the completion discount might give me some leverage with DH to get some stuff that are wants not strict needs.

15. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

@pastemoo: I don't really know when it would start. It is a higher up position at my current job. I've only been here 4.5 years, so I doubt I'll get it, but I can dream and show them that I am interested in more. It would probably be near the end of February that it would start!

I am going to register, but as @pastemoo: said, I plan on only using the registry for the completion discount. I am having a second boy- both of them being June babies (technically the first was supposed to be a May baby, so this one will probably not come out until July!), so I don't really need much of anything.

16. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Alba4: we aren't registering. I do have an Amazon wish list though to keep track of things we need. If anyone asks I'll point them that way but it's more expensive thins (double stroller, Carrier, pump stuff). Our girls are only 2 years apart so don't need much.

17. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

I am struggling to keep up with this thread!

Just wanted to update that we are having a girl placenta is low but not covering my cervix, so they will do another ultrasound to make sure it moved. So pumped!

18. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: yay! We needed another girl! Congrats!

19. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

June 2016 Mamas

June 1: pastemoo (#2) , Anne825 (#1), Contemplating (#1) , catomd00 (#2)
    June 2: Maddux41506 (#1)
    June 4: Mrs. Pink (#2) , BLA (#2)
    June 7: brownepiano (#2)
    June 8: MrsKRB (#1) , MCD919 (#2) , Lately (#2) , starlitsky (#1)
    June 10: babybinks, MMcAlli (#1)
    June 13: Purpledaisy (#2)
    June 16: LittleGBee (#3)
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut (#1) , meadow x2 (#1 & 2)
    June 22: Ree723 (#3)
    June 23: runnerd (#2)
    June 25: doodlepoodle (#2)
    June 26: Hazel27 (#1)
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful (#1)
    June 28: Alba4 (#2) , Dr. Pepper (#2) , RKitty (#1)
    June 30: Mrs. Champagne (#2)

Tally: 5 girls, 9 boys, 5 Team Green

20. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

My belly button is starting to pop/flatten, it's so weird!!

-22w1d

21. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: YAY on having a girl -- and double yay on your placenta moving out of the way....WEEEE!!!! Fingers crossed it keeps getting better

@MrsKRB: OH my gosh - mine is well on its way to flattening.....it is SO SO weird. I keep touching it in the evening realizing how shallow it is......strange!!!

22. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: haha I find myself touching it ALL day, I must look so weird!

23. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: congrats on your girl!! Pulling all the girl weight for the second half of the month!!

24. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: ME TOO! @meadow: I can't get over how weird a flat belly button is. Mine seems extra weird because it's pierced.
    -23w1d

25. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: finally another girl! Congrats!!

26. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Yay! Another girl! Congratulations! Is girl what you had predicted or is this a shock?

@MrsKRB: Oh, mine is too! So so weird! It hasn't completely popped out or become flat but it seems everyday its getting closer. I find myself touching mine several times a day, just because it's so odd feeling. Makes me feel less weird knowing I'm not the only person playing with their belly button. HA! :):) @meadow

@pastemoo: Mine was pierced but I took the ring out. It's crazy because where my piercing hole is now is not the same where it was before. Like its above my belly button. If I still had my ring in it would look like I just drunkenly pierced my belly button but missed by about 1/2". Are you going to try to keep your ring in the whole time? I took mine out several years ago & my hole just never grew up.

27. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@MMcAlli: I kind of assumed boy. But deep down thought girl? I wasn't sure though. I told everyone I thought boy, because I didn't want people to assume I wanted a girl or something. Lol.

Basically, not shocking to me! But a lot of people thought for sure I would have a boy.

28. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Congrats on your girl~

I know there's been chatter about registries but I was curious about baby showers....

What's the standard for baby showers? I've been asked several times when mine is and I've just said don't know yet. Is it normal for me/the parents to host a party? Nobody has asked about hosting/running the party. Is there somebody who traditionally hosts the party? I know for my best friend I hosted one of her baby showers. I just have no clue and I don't want to be rude and gift grabbing seeming!

29. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@RKitty: I don't know about tradition but with my first, my MIL and sil organized a shower with DH's side. My mom and the women from her church (where I attended growing up) did one. I've also done one for close friends.

Do you have family near by that you could ask to do one? I didn't really have to initiate anything so I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that.

30. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty: I have no idea. I did nothing and ended up not having one, which in retrospect was weird to have neither shower nor sip n see. But I had recently moved far away and didn't know what else to do.

Maybe next time someone asks, say "oh, is that something that I should do?" and then puts it on them to explain what the social protocol is in your area.

31. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MMcAlli: Yeah, i've never taken it out for more than a day, other than the 5 days at the hospital when my son was born.

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@RKitty: my mom is hosting mine, she also hosted my bridal shower and I'm not sure either is proper etiquette but oh well

33. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@RKitty: the custom where I live is that family members or friends usually throw a shower. My in-laws threw one for DH's side of the family/friends and then my mother threw one for my side of the family/ local friends. The in-law party was co-ed and my mom's shower was all women.

Usually you don't throw your own party. That does seem gift grabby.

My Jewish friends never had showers. They waited until the baby was born. Some had a bris and others had a sip-n-see/ baby naming type of party. Gifts were given at those.

Sprinkles seem to be a thing now. My SIL's mom planned a casual no-gift get together for baby 2. My BFF just asked if I wanted one, since she wants to organize it. I said maybe, only if it was super intimate (just close friends), and at my house due to my modified bedrest. It would be nice to celebrate baby #2.

34. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@brownepiano: I do have my immediate family close by. Most of my husband's family is close by as well but there are so many divorces, marriages, and general soap opera-ness I have to tread careful to avoid offending anyone! I was thinking of asking my mom but wasn't sure if that seem rude.

@pastemoo: Moving to where you know very few people makes sense why you might not end up having one, I hope you have one this time around though (if you want one)! When people have asked I've tried to leave it open ended and hanging but so far nobody has picked up on it!

@MrsKRB: My mom is a very likely candidate! I know with Bridal Showers traditionally it's Maid of Honor who hosts it, but I've never heard of a tradition for baby showers!

@Alba4: See I thought being the host would seem a little bold/gift grabby. But I just wasn't sure!

In Jewish tradition it's considered bad luck to acknowledge a baby in any form until it's born. This is because bringing attention to the baby could also make dark spirts/evil eyes/etc notice the baby and cause misfortune.

I was raised Jewish and did actually debate that for a while. But my husband isn't Jewish, and his family is where I've been getting the most questions about a baby shower!

35. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: @MrsKRB: @MMcAlli: I love all the belly button touches - makes me feel so much more normal!!!!

@RKitty: I have been to several where it was one or both of the grandmother-to-be's hosting.

We had a weird snow "storm" this morning - by 11am the sun was out and melted everything. I made it across the parking lot safely this morning but a couple steps from the door to work I stumbled and fell. It was in slow-mo and I feel like I had so much time to think about how I was falling. I landed on my knee then rolled to my back with the impact. Didn't really get hurt (from a non-pregnant perspective) but called my OB just to be on the safe side. They gave me symptoms to watch out for but since I haven't experienced any of them yet, I'm probably okay. It was weird because my intuition was very much screaming "you're fine". My husband told me I'm not allowed outside without bubble wrap from now on. HAHA.

Still not feeling anything notable in this belly...I wonder if the anterior placenta of baby A is also blocking baby B's movements. I'll get some more info at my ultrasound on Thursday. When I called the OB about my fall - the nurse said to monitor how many kicks I felt today, and I was like ummmm - I don't feel any normally :(. Hah.

I picked up a "husband" pillow and am excited to sit up in bed tomorrow morning (I tend to still wake up before 6am on weekends but my husband doesn't. I want to enjoy the last <20 weekends where we can get out of bed together even if we wake up hours apart....so I stay there and read or browse HB or read other random things on my phone.). I figure the pillow will also help make a good setup for midnight breastfeeding at some point too!

My city mini double stroller went on clearance last night so I just bought it myself. The deal was amazing and I wanted to make sure I was able to get a color one instead of black. So if anyone is looking at the city mini - check BuyBuyBaby to see if you can get one for cheaper than normal! My double was on sale for I think $150 off!!

-20w0d

36. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

No belly button, I am a genie.

37. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty: I'm Jewish, too. Also married out. That is another part I suppose. @meadow: anterior placenta! With my son my husband felt him at like 23 weeks, now we can see this baby move from outside at 23 weeks (posterior placenta). It is crazy!

38. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: haha! And that's pretty nuts about the difference between the two placenta babies!!

39. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: haha! Cute belly ring!

40. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: congrats on your girl!!

@meadow: eek sorry to hear about your fall but glad you're okay! and yay that you have an ultrasound coming up to check on the babies. as for movement, if you'll recall I also have an anterior placenta and just this past week (at 21-22w) have started feeling more regular movement, so I'm sure it'll happen soon for you!

Things have been pretty busy at work for me and we are also looking to buy a house (currently renting without a washer/dryer in unit, not ideal for baby!) so that's been taking up a lot of my time. I started a registry on Amazon but it needs some refining before I make it public. I also don't want to start thinking about the nursery or buying baby stuff until after we figure out our housing situation.

Oh and I put myself on the waitlist for my company's daycare. It's right across the street from my office so it would be amazing since I could pop over to breastfeed during the day, but unfortunately the waiting list for infants is super long, almost 2 years! And priority is given to infants who have siblings already in the program. So I've resigned myself to waiting until LO is 2+ lol. Until then I think we might have my MIL help out during the week but haven't figured out specifics yet.

I still don't have an obvious baby bump! I think I'm showing in that my stomach is rounded and bigger but it doesn't look like a bump yet. I'm kinda excited to pop but also nervous about not being able to hide it anymore...

22w3d

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee