Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@Madyetbeautiful: yay for a boy. I love love love having a boy. So wild

For names I got an app called nametrix that I like. And I like nameberry and swistle (Google swistle baby names and her blog comes up)

2. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Madyetbeautiful: congrats on your boy! As for names, I don't really have any good resources. I just kind of keep my eyes and ears open and jot down names I like!

3. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: good luck today! I mostly feel my baby when I'm sitting/laying down as well, although in the past couple of days I've been able to feel her while doing activities which is pretty weird and cool!

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

June 2016 Mamas

June 1: pastemoo (#2) , Anne825 (#1), Contemplating (#1) , catomd00 (#2)
    June 2: Maddux41506 (#1)
    June 4: Mrs. Pink (#2) , BLA (#2)
    June 7: brownepiano (#2)
    June 8: MrsKRB (#1) , MCD919 (#2) , Lately (#2) , starlitsky (#1)
    June 10: babybinks, MMcAlli (#1)
    June 13: Purpledaisy (#2)
    June 16: LittleGBee (#3)
    June 24: Mrs. Peanut (#1) , meadow x2 (#1 & 2)
    June 22: Ree723 (#3)
    June 23: runnerd (#2)
    June 25: doodlepoodle (#2)
    June 26: Hazel27 (#1)
    June 27: Madyetbeautiful (#1)
    June 28: Alba4 (#2) , Dr. Pepper (#2) , RKitty (#1)
    June 30: Mrs. Champagne (#2)

Tally: 5 girls, 10 boys, 5 Team Green

5. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Madyetbeautiful: another boy! Boys are definitely fun, but so much energy.

For names I've found that if I can narrow down what kind of name it helps. So either by language group, or number of syllables, or common vs not, or letter beginning or ending. Good luck!

6. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: I've always heard that the baby moves more when you aren't moving because your motion rocks them to sleep the rest of the time. Plus it's hard to pay attention to movement when you are active. Enjoy the kicks while they are still little!

7. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MMcAlli: Hope your appt goes well today!

@meadow: yay for scan today and yay for movement!

@Madyetbeautiful: congrats on your boy!! Also wow you are tall! How's your bump coming along?

@MrsKRB: thanks for updating the list!!

My SIL offered to host a shower for me but she can't do April so we settled on May 1 (I'll be 34.5 w). I hope that's not too late! Have you ladies picked a shower date yet?

8. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: Mine is April 16, I will be 32 weeks!

9. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: that's perfect!

10. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@meadow: YAY for ---finally--- feeling movement! I know you've been waiting for it. I hope your U/S goes good today!

@madeyetbeautiful: Thanks for the kind words. :)) Congratulations on finding out you are expecting BOY. So exciting! I do hope he finds a new punching bag, I am sure ovary/cervix kicks & punches do not feel too great!

@starlitsky: I am in the same boat. I have a shower on March 26 & another on April 30, which I'll be 34 weeks for as well. Hopefully it'll still give us time to get everything organized & get what we still need but we didn't receive at the shower(s).

My doctors appointment went good today. Cervix length was good & I will get my swab results tonight. I go back in 3 weeks for my sugar test, which I'm not excited about because people make it sound so nasty. What did you ladies think of it?

Hope everyone is having a good day & not sure if I have any #TGITers (Thank God it's Thursday) in here, but tonight all the good shows come back on. How to Get away with Murder, Greys, Scandal, so on & so on. Gives me some entertainment for my lazy nights. :))

-22w6d

11. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: I don't watch Scandal, but YES to Grey's and HTGAWM! My Thursday nights have been lonely

12. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MMcAlli: My glucose test is coming up too. Another appointment to set up! I didn't think it was terrible, but definitely not the most fun part of pregnancy tests. I think I'll take my toddler this time to distract me. The taste and the sugar crash is the worst part.

13. Madyetbeautiful

coffee bean / 30 posts

Thanks for the naming tips - will def come in handy!

@MMcAlli: Glad your apmnt went well! My glucose test isn't until April (unless they have concerns at one of the apmnts), so have ages left to look forward to that one. Only having it as I'm participating in a study around B vitamins and gestational diabetes (in two minds currently about it - hate needles and they can never get blood).

@Starlitsky: Haha, baby's Dad is taller so heaven knows how big baby will be! Bump is coming along well, but more 'spread out' top-bottom than neat and compact. No shower set as yet - am the first of my friendship group to start a family, so that type of thing isn't really on their radar as such. Is it acceptable to throw your own rather than someone else hosting?! Not a clue when it comes to baby shower etiquette!

We bought gorgeous second-hand cotbed and nursing chair last weekend, but not in a big rush yet to buy much else (we're planning on a combo of new and 'nearly new').

Little bit awkward in work atm - held off telling my manager/team until c.18 weeks. However, my manager is a bit of an idiot (single, middle-aged male git) - he's gone off on hols and neglected to tell his seniors etc. Another couple of ladies have since announced and they keep getting funny/nice comments from the big wigs, while I just get odd glances at my stomach. Difficult to say anything outright without landing my manager in it right before my performance review season. Oh well, he'll be back soon enough...

@Brownpiano: That's a really interesting theory about our movement rocking baby to sleep!

14. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MMcAlli: Glad your cervix length checked out fine! I had the glucose test early on and it was fine (although I failed lol). The drink was really cold and that helped. Hope yours goes well! About the lateness of the shower, aside from not having enough time to buy remaining items afterward, I'm worried that I might deliver early, and I'll probably be huuuge (and feeling uncomfortable) at 8 months!

@Madyetbeautiful: My bump is spread out and not compact either! I think maybe it's because I have a long torso. I still feel I look like I just gained a lot of weight in my tummy vs. being pregnant. As for throwing your own shower, I think previously it wasn't considered proper etiquette, but I've heard that it may be acceptable now? I think you should go ahead and do it especially if your friends or family aren't offering.

I've told my managers and a few close coworkers but not anyone else yet at work. I think people might be starting to suspect. I'm planning to tell a few more people after my next appointment, which isn't for a couple of weeks. And then eventually I'm sure I won't be able to hide it anymore.

23w1d

15. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: thanks for keeping up the list!
    brownepiano: i heard the same about rocking! baby kicks like crazy when i sit down for a lecture. i love it. great name tips!
    madyetbeautiful: sorry about work, that is pretty rough. hope it is better at your review! for names, i did a lot of googling "baby name websites" plus books, movies, many generations ago family names, and then i made this thread on hb and it solidified that i'm not really totally out of left field with names on my list: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/finding-rare-baby-names

and i second hand! got an arm's reach mini cosleeper with 2 sheets from a local mom--very excited about that. i still have a bunch of stuff i want/need. plus i just have this unshakeable feeling that this baby is a girl and needs a cute baby girl outfit and headbands... and some of (her?) own books for (her?) library.

starlitsky: how do you do it!? i am already some giant rollie pollie right now!

Eta the leg and foot cramps have started.
    24w2d

16. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@starlitsky: and @pastemoo: I can still hide it too if I really want to depending on what I am wearing. But if I wear anything super tight it is pretty obvious now that I am pregnant. Most of the people I work with know at this point but I suspect not all.

I've had crazy back pain lately. Sometimes it is ok, just tired by the end of the night. Sometimes it is enough to put me on the couch for most of the day while trying to watch my toddler (who thankfully has finally decided he can actually play by himself). I am worried that it is going to hamper my work plans, since some of the things I do very obviously aggravate it. I already had a plan in place to slowly phase out of my various tasks, but now I'm not even sure that will work. I'm bummed because it wasn't this bad last time! But I also did not have a toddler to get in and out of the car and begging to get picked up.

17. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@pastemoo: @brownepiano: I've avoided tight tops and since it was cooler weather here for a while, I was able to cover up with scarves, loose sweaters, and open cardigans/jackets. But now it's starting to warm up and I'm getting bigger, so the cat will be out of the bag soon.

18. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

I can hide my bump at ALL, even with bigger sweaters. I get at least 1 comment a day. I'm loving it though, people are SO much nicer to you when you're pregnant, haha!

@brownepiano: I'm sorry about your back maybe a heating pad will help?

19. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@madyetbeautiful: glad you had a good scan! Sorry baby is punching you in awkward places!! I have been using your trick of breathing in suddenly to try and prompt movement every now and then

@brownepiano: I've heard that too (about movement while walking around vs. being still) and it makes so much sense!

@MMcAlli: @MrsKRB: Thanks -- our scan went really well! Babies cooperated mostly (baby A was a bit stubborn for a while, then the tech decided it was because my bladder was too full. When I emptied, things went smoother. Babies are still growing right on schedule for the size of singletons. Made me really happy because I was worried I was doing something to cause them to be too small or low fluid; but both were deemed "all good".

@pastemoo: I've had leg cramps wake me up most nights the past week.

Does anyone feel like their rib cage is sore? There are some days I get home from work and have to remove my bra ASAP because I feel like I'm going to bust out (not boob related - but that my rib cage is growing!)

When I was at my regular OB appointment Friday, there was a bit of a delay after I was in the exam room. While sitting on the table by myself baby B started kicking me pretty regularly - about once every five minutes. I realized I could feel it from the outside! It was amazing. Then I found I could instigate kicking if I put pressure on my belly in the spot where I was feeling kicks. I giggled outloud in a room by myself at how funny it was. DH keeps missing when I feel kicks. He isn't patient enough to just sit for a few minutes to wait for it to happen. Soon!

-21w1d

20. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: yay for feeling them on the outside! Try just having him have his hand on your belly while watching tv or something, he's bound to catch something how can you tell which is baby a vs baby b? So cool! No rib soreness here, but when I sit down or lay down I cough like something is hitting against my lungs/diaphragm, weird!

21. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: At my ultrasound they showed me where the babies are positioned. They are in a "double hammock" at the moment. Baby A lying across my lower tummy and baby B along the upper part. Baby A has the anterior placenta so movements are more muffled. Baby A seems to kick or punch on my left side...low just above my underwear while B kicks at the crown of my belly on the right side just below my ribs. It's fun to now know who is who. While they can move around some, the tech explained that they will always be upper vs lower because of where theit placentas are attached. Cool right!

22. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: really cool!!

23. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: how cute!! Imagining your babies lounging around in a double hammock

24. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: aww!

When is everyone going for a hospital tour? What does your tour include?
    Ours is tonight (early, I know!).

-24w5d

25. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: Wow! My doctor said to wait on the hospital classes (which include the tour) until 7 months. I'm itching to go earlier......but it's probably better for my husband to go closer to actual delivery.

26. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: we're on week 3 of 5 for birth class. no one told me when to go. of the couples there, only one is less far along than me. i think the range on the first day was 20 weeks to 29 weeks.

27. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: wait, hold up.... even with twins? don't you want to get them over with so that even if them come early you have been to all the classes?

28. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: they give a hospital tour at the end of my birthing class, we are doing an 8 hour one on March 5. I'm a little worried that it's too early (I'll be 26 weeks), but it was either that or 36 weeks.

29. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@pastemoo: we're not doing a tour. I work at my hospital though so I've seen the unit in passing. We didn't go with my first (different hospital) and don't think we missed out on any necessary info. My sis said on her your they just showed you around, told you where to go when. You arrive and what sorts of things they provided during your stay. I kind of feel like a tour would be more helpful when deciding which hospital you want to go to, not after you've already made a decision where you'll go!

30. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: Hah - I know! The hospital says 28 - 36 weeks is their recommended window. I asked at my doctor appointment in January if we should plan to go earlier because of the risks that twins can come early and my OB was still said to plan to go around 7 months. I just checked on my hospital's calendar and they only have classes mapped out through the end of March. I wish they had them for a couple more months so I could see what our options are.

@catomd00: Several of my friends said the hospital tour wasn't worth it. I know it will be for me because knowing things ahead of time (including where we will go and what it will look like) helps me to stay calm.

31. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Are any of you starting to have hip pain when you sleep? This didn't start until the 3rd trimester with #1. Wish I could take prenatal yoga... It helped so much last time😥.

32. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Alba4: I have had some but not too bad yet. I started looking up prenatal yoga videos Online but haven't had time to try any yet. I really need to though!

33. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@pastemoo: Thanks for the reminder I need to look into a hospital tour! We did one with our first as I wanted to know exactly where to go and what to expect, and I was so glad I did! I would not have wanted to be stopping to ask for directions to triage whilst having contractions! The hospital for DD1 was specifically a mother's hospital, so it was all very straightforward, but still, glad I did it. I didn't do a tour with DD2 (different city, different hospital) as I fell at 32 weeks and they made me do a CTG for an hour in the delivery suites to make sure baby was ok. That was at a normal hospital and after that visit, I was confident in where I was going etc.

Now we're in a new country so will obviously be at a new hospital, and as it is absolutely enormous, I definitely want the tour to know exactly where to go, where DH can park short term, what doors to go in, which lifts to take etc! Definitely don't want to get lost in that massive hospital whilst in labour!

34. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

I don't know if a hospital tour is in with our birthing classes or not?! If not, it's not a big deal. Our Hospital has a whole separate section for Labor & Delivery, so there isn't much to tour. I have also been honored to see three births at the hospital so I'm pretty familiar with the place. I'm sure I will still be panicking come time though. Tour or no tour. LOL

@Alba4: Hip Pain? Ouch. I don't think I've experienced any of that?! Is it just from being in one position for a long period of time? I hate that you're already experiencing it.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Mine has been a little boring, which I'm not complaining about. My bump is just growing & growing. I'm also feeling stronger movement this week. Some powerful kicks/punches.
    Also my boobs. Wow. They grew over night. I don't want to buy any nursing bras, just yet, since I'm sure this won't be their last growth spurt. So I'm going to hunt some cheap new bras to get me by.

-23w4d

35. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: yes I've been having it for awhile when I sleep, my snoogle helps a little but I wonder if it's my mattress?

36. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Hi!

I had an echocardiogram on the baby today because of the 2 vessel cord. Everything looked fine. The genetic person said I don't have any risk for increased genetic issues and since the heart and kidneys look good it's just an isolated case. I'll likely need extra monitoring to ensure growth as sometimes babes with this can be small. Feeling relieved

37. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: yay! What great news!

38. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: yay! And a little extra monitoring isn't a bad thing

39. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Alba4: The past couple nights I've woken up just plain old sore and uncomfortable. I have been sleeping for a little over a week with a plain ol body pillow. I have it between my legs, then belly resting on it....and head snuggled onto it. It is pretty comfy (in fact I was noticeably uncomfortable the one night I was too lazy to put it into bed) however I'm waking up just "ugh". @MMcAlli: I do think some of mine is from lying in one spot. I never knew how much I'd miss rolling over at night!!

@Ree723: I agree a tour is a good idea!!!!

@Mrs. Champagne: YAY - such wonderful news. And I second @MrsKRB: extra monitoring is great!

40. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Great news!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee