Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

2. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: I like the teal one! I guess it depends if you want zippers or snaps.

3. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@pastemoo: I keep wanting too!

I don't have any summer newborn girl stuff leftover so it'll be a fun excuse to buy!

I want this one with short sleeves I think? and I'll get little pink newborn baby legs to go with

4. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: Think I can get away with one of each? haha. Or one in NB that zips, then the snap one in 3m size.
    @Mrs. Pink: cute!!!

5. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@pastemoo: I'd buy them all haha-- I have zero resistance when it comes to baby clothes... I've done well this go round... but only because we still have so much hanging around!

I'm not sure if the glitter on my pick is a good idea is the only reason why I haven't bought it yet LOL

I know I'm saving for one of these sets too...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/261409682/personalized-baby-hat-and-swaddle

6. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: I'd go with snaps.

DS fit in NB for a few weeks but anything tight irritated his umbilical cord and made him bleed a little. So we pretty much had him in 3 month looser stuff and we felt bad about zippers. I'm not going to buy NB stuff for that reason.And the NB outfits we brought for hospital pictures didn't even fit!

7. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@brownepiano: mine fit in Newborn for almost 2 months... some things got a little snug long ways but she wasn't much more than 11lbs at 3 months old so we lucked out!

8. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: that's why i think just one, just for the photo leaving the hospital... everything else in 3m. but one thing in nb isn't unreasonable, is it?

9. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Wow! I wish DS had fit in NB longer because he didn't get much use out of a lot of clothes. I guess you can never tell.

10. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: Definitely not! I actually hope our nb clothes from last time will fit this time because i still love them. Do they have any without feet? Length was more our issue than anything.

11. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@pastemoo: cute! I like the zippered gray one

We have been slowing buying items here and there because I got rid of all LO1's clothes up to the 9 months size (oops!) I'm not sure that anything I bought is bring home worthy though.

Our first was in newborn for probably 6 weeks!

12. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@brownepiano: my kid is tiny still... This was at her very late 2 year appointment almost 2 weeks ago 😂

13. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

My son was 8lbs 3oz when he was born and he still wore newborn size for about a month!

I'm trying not to buy too much clothing since we have plenty of clothes from DS 1 as well as hand-me-downs from my nephews. But I already caved a bought a kimono style outfit from Old Navy(it was free using my CC points!)

14. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Ironically DS has been on the small side since about 6 months. Not that small but in 30% pretty regularly. It was just those first few months!

15. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@brownepiano: it's so hard to guess whether the next one will follow the same track or not! I want to start buying diapers a head but I'm so hesitant

16. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Mrs. Pink: aw she is a wee one!! F has always been 25% and we just had his 18mo appt (at 19 mo) and he is 32" and 22lb 13oz - just almost exactly the same size

17. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: about 1/2 have no feet!

and my mom warned me that we wouldn't fit nb for more than a minute, so i skipped them and don't have any.
    i did keep all the baby stuff!

18. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Madyetbeautiful: My SIL has named her two kids after her Paternal and Maternal Grandmother's maiden names. And their newest girl's middle names are the baby's grandmother's middle names.... I'm not sure about her older son (he's a stepson for my brother so I don't know that much about her naming process for him!). It's resulted in some unique names kind of cool that kept a trend for the kiddos.

I don't see anything odd about using a last name as a first name either. Most people don't call people by their last name typically. If it really bothers people they'll end up coming up with a nickname for him anyways... And it'll be kind of cool way to honor your side of the family since the maiden name kind of disappears for many families.

@Dr. Pepper: @brownepiano: Thank you for the tips I've add some of the link to check out and/purchase. I've been eyeballing the Blueberry Simplex All in One Diapers. I liked them in the demo and the gal teaching the class said it was one of her best sellers. She also mentioned starting a "Love it Or Leave It" Program where you get like 20 diapers and you keep your favorites and get reimbursed for the ones you don't like. Thankfully I keep most of our bathroom and cleaning stuff to organic lines and everything I use so far as been diaper safe so that's good news.

@pastemoo: I like the green dinosaur one... in fact i might go get one...

I haven't been buying baby clothes really... I'm figuring I'll get quite a few as gifts and I picked up a giant trash bag of 0-3 month old baby clothes of a FB group for $60. So I already have a stash now!

But I've been able to avoid buying clothes mostly by staying out of the baby sections!

We're hoping to go get our car seat this weekend. A friend is giving me an expired seat so we're trading it in to the Toy's'r'us trade event to get 25% off a new one!

19. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: super cute! I would buy them all, but I have no self control

Case in point: none of these are even hand me downs lol

20. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: oh my! Are you having a shower too?! You will have one well-dressed baby!

21. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: Yes, my shower is in April... things got a little out of hand, haha.

22. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsKRB: we have 4 or 5 totes of clothes almost all of which are UNDER 9 month size 😂

I am in a Facebook A+A buy sale trade group and they're doing a group buy in- so I bought my first set of swaddles- we skipped them last time and tried the Velcro sacks- my kid hated them so I lent them out... And I have no clue what happened to them 😂 If anyone wants in, I can post the groups link!

I got my sister in laws infant seat (still good, no accidents) for an afternoon of babysitting too-- we didn't keep ours last time so it's nice to have another one given to us- hopefully nugget will be more compliant than her sister and we won't need to buy a convertible for awhile!

23. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: I think it is so fun to buy baby girl clothing. I don't blame you. 😊

24. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: LOL. Nice. I bought 3. Probably the wrong 3, and DH won't tell me what to keep and what to return and what to size up because he knows the sex--which means he DOES think they are not neutral. Argh.
    I picked the dino one, the red one, and the white one with two giraffes (in size 3m). It is literally the first new clothing I've bought for baby.
    @Mrs. Pink: I'll take the link, please!
    @RKitty: I know, the dino is SOOOO cute. Tell me it works for a girl, too? With a dino headband thingy? like this https://www.etsy.com/listing/197872996/girl-dinosaur-headband-dino-bow-dinosaur?ref=market... maybe i can even make a dino bow, and get either a headband, or a clip to make it a clip on bow tie....
    or velcro for a hair thingie that isn't on a string....

25. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@pastemoo: the easiest way to get the post with the info to pull up is by typing "March 1st" under "All Posts"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/422677987794975/

26. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: omg. With that hairband or a similar one it be adorable for a girl! Green is gender neutral colors anyways. I want that headband for myself!

27. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: that would be really cute with the headband!

28. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: wow, so impressive! Baby girl clothes are sooo cute, I don't blame you! Love the pink hangers too

@pastemoo: that dino headband is adorable!!

@Mrs. Pink: I love the glitter! Why do you think it might not be a good idea?

I've only bought one shirt for baby so far. We did receive a couple of onesies for him for Christmas from SIL. I'm sure I'll be getting more clothes at the shower, and my friends have started offering hand-me-downs so I'm not too worried yet. I figure I can supplement after the shower and even after he's born (yay online shopping).

29. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@MrsKRB: haha so much stuff! Love it!

I've got a few things so far - we won't have a shower or anything this time. And all of our newborn sleepers from ds are fleece because he was a march baby. So I think I need some lighter ones for a end of June baby. Also all his 0-3 month clothes are warm (will be summer this time) and all his 3-6 months clothes are shorts and t shirts (will be fall and winter this time).

He had a lot of white and grey i was planning to reuse because it would be cute for a girl too. But I guess I'll just have to shop I'm sure some items will end up working out ok down the road.

30. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Love seeing all the pics of everyone's baby clothes!! I am sort of regretting being TG again as I want to shop!!! I stopped in our local baby store yesterday morning and the girl clothes were just so darn cute, I really wanted to buy so many things! But of course I can't so I just had to look. It was never this tempting in Australia as the clothes weren't all that cute and were ludicrously expensive anyway (Australia has a crazy high cost of living - living near London is cheap comparatively!). But now in England, we have so many cute baby clothes options for reasonable prices and I WANT TO SHOP! I told DH I want to pay for an optional scan to see the gender but he's having none of it....sigh.

To be honest though, my mom goes so crazy buying clothes that up until this past autumn, I had only ever bought a handful of outfits for either one of my girls - the rest were all bought by my mom or given as gifts. She's already bought several newborn and 0-3 outfits for a boy and several for a girl (I think five of each) and she'll bring them out when she visits in April, so we'll have gender specific going home outfits, but I'd still like to be shopping now so I will just live vicariously through all of you!

31. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Ree723: I'm TG and shopping... I may just get some headbands and keep the receipt.

32. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@starlitsky: I honestly don't know haha

I thought maybe if it flaked off it could get in eyes--- but at that stage they're not really picking at clothes....

33. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Mrs. Pink: I think glitter on clothes is ok! Glitter on gift wrap and greeting cards on the other hand is the devil!

34. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Alba4: post the old navy outfit!

@brownepiano: Why did you feel bad about zippers? Did it irritate the umbilical cord?

35. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@starlitsky: they made his umbilical cord ooze. Not really bleed but enough to really look uncomfortable and make us worried about healing. Anything tight did it too.

Since we're having a June baby this time I think he'll just live in a diaper and maybe a loose inside for a while. A friend offered me all her summer baby boy clothes so I am trying not to buy anything extra. I actually hate having too many clothes! I feel this urgency to have him wear all of them before he grows out of them.

36. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

My first thought when logging on this morning was "WOW, I don't think I've seen our June Board so busy" took me a little time to read & catch up. :))

Cravings: @MRSKRB - I am so jealous you are able to find a good watermelon, I've been craving them but every one I buy is gross. Any tips for picking a good one? I have not had many cravings. I am still experiencing lack of appetite on most days.

Linea Nigra: I haven't gotten mine yet. I am surprised because I am brown headed with medium complexion. I do look like a fur ball on my stomach though. I've always had blonde hair/peach fuzz but since I'm pale it looks darker & it makes me very self conscious.

Shopping: @pastemoo - I have not bought a coming home outfit. I'm still unsure if I want him to just come home in a sleeper or buy a cute little dressy outfit. Decisions Decisions. I love seeing I'm not the only one who has a closet full of clothes already. Fortunately I was given two totes full of baby boys clothes plus I've bought some new stuff that I just couldn't pass up as well.

@brownepiano: I am so with you on ready for warm weather. It was 65 here on Friday, so I was outside walking & sitting. Definitely enjoyed it.
    @Dr.Pepper: Glad your 20 week scan/appointment went good. At my 20 week anatomy scan, my little guy was at exactly a pound. Which I was like "What? My email said he was only suppose to be at --- weight" the tech just laughed & said it varies and for me not to worry! Ps. Luke Harry has my vote. :))
    @Alba4: Glad your appointment went good!
    @Pastemoo: Hope your test results came back good. PS. I'll let you know next week if any of the other flavors are any good. I will be going with any flavor besides orange. LOL
    @Ree723: Sciatic Pain does not sound great. I heard laying on your left side can help. I hope it lets up soon!
    @Mrs.Champagne: Hope you're feeling better this week!
    @Madeyetbeautiful: Love Love Love the name Wyatt!!

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with the High Risk OB (I have a heart condition so I've been having to see him) not sure what he is going to do. I feel like it's a waste of a visit, but whatever!

Hope everyone has a good week!

-24w3d

37. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: I don't really have a tip! I've been buying the 'personal melons' they are about half the size of a regular watermelon. They aren't perfect, but it hits the spot!

38. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MMcAlli: I hope your appt tomorrow goes well!

I have an OB appt on Wednesday. Can't wait to see the baby again! I feel like it's been a long time since our last appt even though it was just a month.

24w5d

39. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MMcAlli: right, 2nd tri, the calm set in, so here we are writing and shopping.
    same with the fuzzy tummy... i remember that from last time too. i wish i could remember when i got my linea nigra last time!
    passed the GD test! antibodies are behaving.
    @MrsKRB: yum!
    @starlitsky: fun!

40. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@pastemoo: congrats on passing the GD test!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee