Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@MrsKRB: I will have to pick up some of those smaller ones & see if they hit the spot. :))

@starlitsky: Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. 4 weeks is like 4 years in pregnancy.

@pastemoo: Yay for passing your GD test. I'm ready to get mine out of the way.

My appointment went good. Little Guy is weighing 1.9 lb, putting him in the 90th percentile in size, according to my Ovia App average size is 1.3 lb.. I was released from my high risk doctor.... finally! So one less thing I have to worry about.

On another note, has bathroom breaks in the middle of the night been getting more frequent for anyone? I was usually just getting up once a night but now I'm 2-3 times. I know I am suppose to drink lots of water but goodness.

-24w4d

2. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MMcAlli: 4 weeks really does feel like forever! although at the same time, I can't believe I'm already almost at 25w! i'm curious how much our little guy weighs now. yay for being released from your high risk doctor.

24w6d

3. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Okay.... weird question of the day!

My areola are darker... which I know is totally normal. But in the mornings when I wake up they're almost their old color and most nights by bedtime they're way darker then they were. I was going to ask my doctor at my next appointment but I was curious if anybody else ever experienced the shift in colors.

4. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: good luck at your scan tomorrow!!

@Pastemoo: congrats on passing your GD test!! YAY

@MMcAlli: Yay for graduating! I'm at about 1 - 2 bathroom trips per night. There was a point where I was getting up more often. One night this weekend I was up like 6 times - but I think it was more that I woke up uncomfortable and thought it was needing to go to the bathroom so I dragged myself out of bed and didn't really go. Hah.

@RKitty: That's interesting. Mine are pretty much the same color all day. I was shocked how early in my pregnancy they changed. (Like, less than 7 weeks I think....) But since they have just stayed at their larger diameter and darker color.

Not too much new here. I go back to the high risk OB this Thursday to measure my cervical length. This is exactly 2 weeks after the first measurement - so I'm hoping for a good result! Babies are kicking up a storm when I sit still for a while (mostly evenings at home). I get an occasional kick during the day - but I am moving around so much they are usually calm/asleep. The kicks are magical and I love them. I love the first kick each morning - its like "hello little one!"

Love seeing the clothes you are all picking out! So cute!

I haven't bought any clothes. I figure I'll wait until after my shower in April and figure out any sort of coming home outfit closer to my due date. I figure then I'll have a better idea how big the babies are getting.

-22w4d

5. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: I love the kicks too! Hope your appt with the high risk OB goes well!

@RKitty: Hmm I haven't experienced shifting colors but I'm sure it's normal! Our bodies do such strange things during pregnancy. Let us know what your doctor says.

6. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: I haven't really needed to pee in the middle of the night, but I always feel like I have to pee when I'm up and walking around!

@RKitty: I don't think this has happened to me? But I haven't really noticed!

@meadow: I do that too in the morning! Good morning baby girl! haha.

7. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: good luck at your appt!
    @RKitty: no idea, but mine are huge, like size of a small coffee cup lid ... i want a reduction so badly right now. ugh.

How is everyone feeling?

started throwing up again and today and yesterday feeling just... weird, like kind of generic cramps (not period like, just... a general state of "yuck") and I feel like I just ate Thanksgiving dinner --but it's constant for the last couple days. And I feel enormous.

Grumpy, I'm just a big old grump!

-26w

8. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

I can't keep up ladies! Just going to try to jump back in here

@pastemoo: ugh throwing up again? Poor thing!

I just feel tired, fat, and blah!!! I'm thinking about going to get a spray tan and a pedicure just so feel better about myself! We bought about $200 worth of baby stuff off Amazon with some tax refund money so that made things feel more real and exciting!

-23w0d

9. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: I'm sorry

I'm starting to feel really achy - my back and hips/groin. I don't feel huge yet, but I can't imagine how enormous I'm going to be in 10 weeks! I'm up 20 lbs (4 lbs in 1 week???), and while it's all in my belly I'm freaking out.

-25w1d

10. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@pastemoo: oh no! Feel better!

Things good over here.. 22 weeks today and feeling fine. Over a cold and starting to get a big bump.

11. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: My areolas are huge too so I feel for you. I'm figuring they'll look more normal if my boobs ever go "boom". I will be asking my doctor about the shifting colors though, not to worried about right now... figure it was just a weird thing!

I'm also a bit more grumpy too, I use my horn in my car like crazy now... ... and I still fight with a lack of appetite, but no nausea.

Also if you all aren't aware Toys'r'us is doing their trade in event this month. If you trade in baby gear (car seats and such) you get 25% of new baby gear. And if you open a Toys'r'us cc you get 15% of your entire purchase. We go a chicco travel system (stroller and car seat) and a Halo Bassinet (you can't use the 25% on the Halo though ) and it worked out to getting about $200 dollars off. (So pretty much we paid full price for the Travel System and got the bassinet for free!)

12. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: Ugh - sorry you are pukey - that is NO fun!!!

I had my appointment with the high risk OB today....This was a follow up to check on the length of my cervix to determine my current risk for pre-term labor. Apparently my risk levels are UP. So for the rest of the pregnancy I will need to be on prometrium (whomp whomp) to help me not go into pre-term labor. I will do anything for these babies, don't get me wrong, but the day I stopped taking endometrin (around Thanksgiving).... was a freakin' holiday! I'm not excited for all leaking and grossness is my panties again. Luckily this is a once a day dosage and I can take it at night, so I'm hopeful I won't have to do the pantyliner 24/7 thing - because let's just say that wasn't pretty.

In other news my babies are kicking up a storm and I love it I'm going to see some family this weekend from out of state and I *might* drink some fruit juice to instigate kicking so hopefully my aunt can feel these LOs.

-22w6d

13. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: oh no! time to invest in some better panty liners?
    but yay for kicking! can you tell which one is which? do you know their positions?

thanks everyone!
    rkitty: thanks for the heads up--i have a crashed one in the basement that i was saving for exactly that!

14. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@meadow: oh shoot! Why is your risk up?? Hoping that helps them stay put and using them at night helps prevent leaking too!

15. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@meadow: I feel your pain re: the suppositories. They aren't that bad though.

16. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: Better pantyliners? Are there ones that will make me feel less swampy? Haha. With the other suppositories (which were 3x a day) I had to wear the pantyliner 24/7 and just felt like my lady parts never got to breathe. If I'm missing something - please please share! I have the kotex light days liners.....

I can tell which baby is which. I know their positions.....One baby is always going to be lower left and the other upper right (according to the tech at my 20 week appointment). I also can tell them apart because baby A has an anterior placenta - so this baby's kicks are muffled feeling where as baby B has a regular placenta and the kicks are just like "wa-bam". If that makes sense........

@Mrs. Champagne: My risk is high because my cervix is shorter than they like it to be at this stage. A short cervix puts one at an elevated risk for preterm labor. I *think* this is because as you are in the third trimester and are getting closer to delivery your cervix shortens. This is part of why they check your cervix as you near the end to see progress....(before dilatation...) Correct me if I'm wrong second time moms..........So mine being on the short side now is not so great. It's not doomsday - but not great.

@Alba4: Have you used ones shaped like a capsule or a bullet? The pharmacist said he is going to compound them and they will be the bullet kind. They look "icky". Haha.

17. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@meadow: ah gotcha that makes sense! I'll keep my fingers crossed no more shortening happens until it's the perfect time for them to come out

18. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Thanks! My fingers are crossed too

19. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@meadow: yes, they look like a bullet. I get them from a special pharmacy that makes compounds. I've been taking them nightly since 12 weeks. I wear pads over night only because I'm paranoid of bleeds, but I wear panty liners during the day. It's annoying.

How cool that you can tell the difference between the babies already! I can only imagine how it feels to have two in there at once!!

20. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: oh no, at least you can take something to help, even if that something is icky! How many weeks is your goal? I don't know what's normal for twins!

21. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@pastemoo: Yuck, sorry you're sick. Hoping it passes soon!

@runnerd: I'm just feeling blah too. I went & got a pedicure last week, it definitely helped. I've been contemplating a spray tan because having that golden glow always makes me feel better . Only downside is since I'm using oils/lotions everyday to -hopefully- prevent stretch marks I know the tan won't last nearly as long.

@meadow: Ugh. Sorry your levels are up. Hopefully this new medicine won't be as messy as the previous ones you were on. If fruit juice doesn't work, try a donut. I had a one a few nights ago & it really got my Little Guy going. I couldn't believe how much he was moving. Not sure if it was a "I hate donuts" or "give me more" movement, but either way husband & I were laughing at how crazy he was going. Like others have said, I can't imagine what two feel like. Such excitement feeling them move though.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's suppose to be sunny & warm here in Georgia, so my butt will be outside. :))

-25weeks (just 15 more to go. ahhhhhh.)

22. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: Thanks! 38 weeks is my max (Like they will induce if I were to make it to that day....) 36 is not unlikely for twins.....but earlier than that starts to get scary IMO.

@MMcAlli: I've been wanting a pedi lately!! I think I'm going to go after work one day next week Tonight after dinner the babies were quite active. The kicks felt pretty strong, so I pulled my shirt up to see if I could watch from outside. First thing I noticed was that the side to the right of my belly button was pushed out far-ish and when I touched it, it was harder....based on where the kicks were, I think it was a butt. It was mind blowing. Then while I was watching I started seeing several kicks from outside. It was SO SO cool!!!! I feel like I hit milestones with these twins really rapidly. Two weeks ago I started feeling things and now I'm already at the alien stage!

One weird thing is that the past two (maybe three) nights my left foot is swollen. I know swelling is a normal part of pregnancy - namely 3rd trimester. But this seems really weird because its only one foot :-p. I'm going to see how things go this weekend then maybe call my OB on Monday and ask what she thinks.

-23w0d

23. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: I'll ask around. I used to use luna pads when the plastic ones got swampy but they're pricey. Why don't they just make maternity panties that have a little more cotton? ugh. call OB about one sided swelling! any pain or redness in your calf or behind your knee?
    @MMcAlli: pedicure!!

24. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: no pain or redness....I had my blood pressure checked Thursday and its great (120/78) so I'm not super worried about pre-e .... but its just weird. Thanks for the tip about the luna pads...I'll look into them!

The leaking wasn't too bad last night......compared to what I dealt with before! One thing that is inconvenient is the meds are in a pink casing. So when I look at my panties I see pink and get startled - like "oh no spotting!" So I guess that is just something to get used to.

My MIL came to visit today for a bit and she was shocked how much I've grown in the last month Funny the babies slept her whole visit and there were no kicks! We did go for a 2.5 mile walk which was really nice to get out and moving. We walked slowly and at my pace, but it was nice!

25. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@meadow: @pastemoo: the longest shortest time podcast keeps doing an ad for some sort of pee-wicking underwear

26. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: I wonder if the pharmacy can make then in a different color? Like... blue or purple or something obviously not blood....@runnerd:

27. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@runnerd: interesting..........

@pastemoo: After lots of drama, it turned out I was supposed to not have the compounded version and have a capsule version of the med. So it is a commercially manufactured "pill". So the color is what it is.......After using it for a couple days, it is actually not that bad. The "leaking" is pretty limited to overnight. And now I'm used to what the pink looks like. If I was leaking pink all day - that would stress me out. It also looks like I can get away with wearing the pantyliner overnight...and maybe for a few hours in the morning - so things shouldn't get so ....er...."swampy" as with my first go-around with progesterone supplementation!

Happy Leap Day ladies!

28. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@meadow: I'm with @pastemoo, I wonder if they can make it in another color. My Little Guy always seems to be asleep/not moving when we are around people. They always unwelcomingly place their hand on my belly and ask "Is he moving?" Like I'll tell you if he is moving, please take your hand off my stomach. I'm not sure if I will ever be comfortable with the random belly touches/rubs.

Well something new happened this weekend, my boob (just one LOL) leaked. I went straight to google to see if this was normal, apparently it is. My mom said her milk never came in & that is why she could never breast feed... So maybe it's a good sign. Besides that nothing new going on with me.. Friday I have my Gestational Diabetes test which I am so ready to have done.

Hope you all have a good Monday!

-25w3d

29. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: Oh, yay!

Happy leap day! February still gets the shaft. Shortest month even with an extra day.

@MMcAlli: Eee! Good luck. Drink the drink like you're chugging a beer. Faster is better. Put it on ice.
    Also I'm leaking, too. So different from last time.

Tomorrow is 3 months to my due date, but still a week and a half till 3rd tri? Seems kind of ... off to me.

-26w5d

30. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

Also gear wise: should I set up a separate gear thread, or ask here? I'll do both...
    Babies R us, last day for the trade in is today. I bought a car seat (one, still need the other one) yesterday.

31. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MMcAlli: yea I've had a leaking incident a time or two already

-23w4d

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: Ive been waiting for any signs of breast milk, but nothing yet. I really hope breast feeding goes well for me! Good luck on your glucose tolerance test, mine is next week!

@pastemoo: yea, the dates don't make sense. I like to think the 27th week is the 3rd tri

33. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

I've fallen behind on this thread again, sigh! I hope everyone is doing well! Some of you are almost in the third tri - so exciting!! I hit 24 weeks on Wednesday and I'm really excited for that milestone! Baby has been moving a ton lately and DH is finally feeling it, so it's nice to have that little bit of reassurance that all is ok every day.

All has been mayhem here lately - we're having a major kitchen renovation/conservatory conversion/wall breakthrough done in our house right now so we're staying with my ILs for a month. Fortunately, we get along really well, but a month is a looooong time to be out of your house when you have a 3.5 yr old and a 24 month old!

@MrsKRB: I had nothing during pregnancy with either of my girls but successfully BF them for 13 and 14 months respectively so hopefully it's the same for you too!

@MMcAlli: Ugh, people and their unwanted touching! Who thinks it is ok to randomly touch someone's belly?!

@meadow: That doesn't sound fun but at least it sounds as though the leaking isn't as bad this time as it was earlier in the pregnancy!

@pastemoo: I'd be happy with a gear thread - we got rid of nearly all of our baby stuff so I'm in the market to buy gear again this time (much to DH's dismay!). We need a single pram so I'm just about to order the City Mini GT - we have the double and LOVE it (like seriously absolutely love it) so we're going to get the single as well. Still loads of things on my shopping list though...

~23w 5d

34. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MMcAlli: I haven't had any leakage yet, but my breasts are huge (for me). Seriously, they are MUCH bigger this pregnancy. I had a hard time breastfeeding ( my son had a posterior tongue tie and a very tiny mouth) so I'm hoping this means my supply will also be better than last time!

So I got my first weird comment... Our neighbor is in his late 50s, single, never married, no kids, and he stated, "So you are due any day now." Nope, only 3-4 months to go. I know not to let these comments get to me, especially from this guy, but I was a little disheartened😢.

35. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MrsKRB: I think I had a big jump in weight too since the last time I went to the dr. But I read somewhere that the baby was supposed to go through a growth spurt somewhere around 20 weeks, so it made sense.

I don't feel big, but my muscles are really starting to complain and I'm still having back pain. The Dr just said to do pregnancy exercises to strengthen all my muscles (back and shoulders). I am having a hard time fitting it into my schedule even though I really need to!

I have mg GD test next week. They tried to give it to me in the office the last time I went in, but I didn't know I could do it there and I didn't have enough time to stay for the whole thing.

25 w, 6d (I got super excited when I realized I've hit 6 months. It makes me feel better about back pain and finally looking pregnant.)

36. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Alba4: seriously - unless they are familiar with pregnancy (recently pregnant or around pregnant people) - people either think you are just fat or the baby is coming tomorrow! Lol. There is no middle ground.

37. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@runnerd: LOL, right?
    I got the same! a month ago I could still hide it, then suddenly "you're due any day!"

38. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: ugh, I'm gonna punch the first person who says that to me. I'm sorry

39. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MMcAlli: OH my gosh - funny you mention leaking! I was getting ready to shower the other day and looked at my nipples and noticed yellow gunk in the "crevices" - it reminded me of the crusty things that you get in your eyes when you wakeup sometimes? (I PROMISE I'm not dirty!!!) Of course, I also googled - and it said it was possibly colostrum leaking! I was excited and weirded out at the same time! Good luck at your GD test!!

@MrsKRB: I'm hoping breastfeeding goes well also. I'm nervous about feeding two, but want to put my best foot forward trying!!

@Ree723: I've seen the City Mini's on sale this month a lot -- check BBB - I think they are 20% off through today! Glad to hear you *love* your double! So far, I've been enjoying driving it around the house on occasion hahahaha

40. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@pastemoo: I asked my friend if the drink was like "shot" quantity or "chug" quantity. I could do a shot so much easier. LOL. However, I have not chugged or shot any drinks in a while. Did they allow you to eat before your test? They gave me a print out of what not to eat, which is pretty much everything. Yay for only 3 months left. I cannot believe it's already March!!

@pastemoo & @runnerd: Glad I'm not the only one leaking. I've read some ladies can leak a whole bunch. Mine hasn't got there....yet!

@MrsKRB: I wouldn't worry too much about not leaking. My SIL has successfully breastfed two babies & she said she did not leak any.

@Ree723: Yay for hitting 24 weeks. I was more excited when I hit 25 weeks for some reason. Now I'm ready for 30 so I will be in the single digits. :))

@Alba4: Ugh. People seriously amaze me. My favorite has been "Wow you look like really pregnant today!" I'm not even sure what that means. Maybe I'm just taking it wrong?! The other day I was asked "Are you feeling ok? You look like you just threw up." I couldn't even come up with a response to that one. Just walked away.

@brownepiano: Sorry your experiencing muscle soreness. I hope the exercises help. Anytime I'm uncomfortable I take a hot shower and/or use a heating pad. Our poor bodies.. Ps. I love that I am now 6 months too. I agree it makes you feel like "Ok its ok to be feeling this way"

@meadow: Do you shower? TOTALLY kidding. I experienced the crusty stuff a week or so ago. Just wait till its liquid, talk about being amazed but weirded out. Just blows my mind how our bodies work.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee