Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@meadow: Wow, congrats!!! I forgot that your twins were meant to be identical; what a surprise to have one of each now! Hope you're settling in ok and recovery isn't too bad!

@brownepiano: Oh how annoying! Hopefully they turn into real contractions soon!

@Alba4: I've never taken EPO but I'm sure it can't hurt! Not sure what the cost is, but if it's not too expensive, might as well try it...

@runnerd: Great to hear you're making progress! I've never had a cervical check prior to being in active labour (they just don't do them as standard practice here) but I would be kind of curious to know if I am dilated at all....

I am so incredibly cranky right now. My poor girls, I just snap all day for the smallest irritation I seem to recall getting increasingly irritable the closer I got to baby time when pregnant with both girls, but this seems too early for that. I'm also feeling super resentful towards DH - he put leftovers away last night but didn't cover them with cling wrap so our fridge was stinky this morning. That was enough to completely set me off in a foul mood... The resentment I felt though (resentment because he went to bed early last night whilst I cleaned the rest of the kitchen, watered the garden and lawn, cleaned up the playroom, and changed over the laundry) was so overwhelming I was in tears half the morning. I feel like a legit crazy person sometimes! Ugh, I'm so ready to be done!

~38w 2d

2. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Alba4: well guess who went to the grocery store and left with a bottle of evening primrose oil??

3. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@runnerd: ha! Love it! Hey, it can't hurt!!

4. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@brownepiano: No metal mouth right now... but when I was really sick a while ago I couldn't taste anything and wasn't eating. It was horrible! I hope you get over it quick!

@MrsKRB: Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking but I google skills were failing me.

@meadow: Congrats! That must of been such a surprise! Little Miracle Babies indeed!

I'm so glad cherries are in season here... I've eaten so many of them... Any one else having last minute cravings?

5. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@ree723: I get the impatience! My toddler was taking really long naps and wouldn't let his on own. Now all the sudden his naps are super short and he gets up whenever he wants! It is horrible timing.

@rkitty: I've only wanted fruit. Watermelon and grapes have been on sale here so it's been perfect.

6. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: Yes, I hope we both don't make it until Wednesday!

7. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: I'm sorry Hopefully that means baby is right around the corner!

@RKitty: Tons of fruit, and fruity ice pops!

8. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@brownepiano: @MrsKRB: I think we all crave fruit because of the high water content! I'm excited all our local farmers markets are open now but it's still early in our local season so we have strawberries, raspberries, cherries, and apricots. Watermelon is popping up but it's not sweet yet... I just bought one and was so disappointed. But I just picked up 5lb of cherries!

9. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@RKitty: I'm eating so many cherries too! Yum!

10. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@RKitty: peaches and strawberries! Can't get enough!

It's so weird to think that this could be the last weekend pregnant for a lot of us! (I mean I'll probably still be pregnant next weekend since I'm just 38w2d, but still!) trying to get cleaning done this weekend, and spend time doing special things with our son since we only 1-3 weeks left just the 3 of us!

11. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

Exciting!
    I am so into fruit now, too. Watermelon cherries pluots peaches... Heaven. I need to go buy the store out of soft cheese

12. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@runnerd: tell me what you think, I did it for almost 2 weeks and then gave up

13. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@runnerd: This will be our last weekend of just the 2 of us! We spent the day restaurant hopping and walking around, trying to soak it all in! I'm starting to get really nervous!

14. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: how fun!!!

15. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

Ladies how exciting with all the June babies! I haven't been posting but been keeping up. Can't wait to see more of these precious babies!

16. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: happy weekend!

17. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Nearly halfway through the month - how many do we have still hanging out here?! I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking around until at least my due date, so another week or two....

I had my growth scan and monitoring of the baby today as my GP was concerned about size last week. Baby is measuring pretty much spot on the 50th percentile and estimated birth weight right now is 7 lbs 9 oz, which is perfectly fine with me! I'm not feeling as though labour is imminent any time soon, and that's OK as I still have loads to do!

Hope everyone else is feeling well and/or doing well with their new babies!

18. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Ree723: me me, I'm here! I wish I had your attitude that I expected to go to or past my due date. I instead am convinced I'll have the baby about 2-3 days before my due date.

-38w4d

19. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@Ree723: I'm still here too! I'm still 2 weeks & 1 day away from my due date. It's hard being due at the end of the month! I hope I go early like with my son, because I'm not really mentally prepared for a July baby!

How are the very pregnant ladies holding up? The waiting is killing me, mostly because I'm not working!!

20. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: still here although not much longer to go!

Induction scheduled for tomorrow night, figures I need help to get pregnant and I need help to give birth totally relaxing today, no moe old wives tales as they totally don't work!!

40w5d

21. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: Oh wow!! Good luck tomorrow!!!!
    I had some similar thoughts recently when BFing wasn't working. How I needed help to get pregnant, help to deliver (c-section), and I was feeling like a failure at BFing. I just wanted one part of the journey to feel natural.

Enjoy your last day of piece and quiet! Can't wait to hear about your LO.

22. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: yay! Tomorrow is so close!

23. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@runnerd: I just jam-ifed 20lb of strawberries so I'm facing strawberry burn out.... but still chowing down on the cherries!

@Ree723: I think I'll be here till the end of the month too! We've been progressing but nothing to indicate labor is close. And honestly I'm not really at the point where I'm like get this baby out! He can stay till the end of the month and I'll be fine with it.

@MrsKRB: I feel you! I didn't even think about that, our guy need convincing to be conceived... so I wonder if he'll need convincing to be delivered!

24. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

@MrsKRB: so exciting!! Definitely rest up today!

25. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: you're right about the wives tales. 40+6 is a great day to have a baby! Good luck!

26. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: happy induction wishes!! can't wait for your report back in

27. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: good luck with your induction tomorrow!! Hoping it goes smoothly and quickly (or at least faster than mine lol). You will meet your LO soon!

28. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MrsKRB: aw good luck! My first was a scheduled induction but my water broke that night. Good news is you'll see your baby soon!

29. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@ree723: my baby's here but I'm hanging out cause this newborn likes to try to sleep all day (despite our best efforts) and eat all night!

30. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@brownepiano: oh silly baby!

31. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Just came back from my 38 week appointment. My growth scan indicates that baby boy is 8 lbs 14 oz, but the tech though more realistically he is closer to 8lbs 10 oz. Still, big boy!

Good news is that I'm 3 cm dilated, which is progress from last week's fingertip dilation! Maybe all those Braxton Hicks have been doing their work! I think she stripped my membranes, although she called it "helping me along". I now have some back pain and cramping. Fingers crossed that this means baby will make his debut soon!!

32. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Alba4: wow, so nearly 3cm in a week? that's awesome!!! FX that you have good luck in the next few days. I would be very scared if I had that baby weight estimate since my first was 6lb7oz lol.

I have an appt tomorrow morning and hope I get such good news I'm also going to ask my doctor if she does membrane sweeps and her opinion on whether I should get one.

I feel like I'm floundering over here. I know I have no reason to be hoping for labor every day, but man, I spend all day thinking maybe tonight I'll go into labor! lol. been having daily cramping for the past few days, and last night I had what I think is the first time I'd call it a "real contraction" (pain that was in back and wrapped around to abdominal then faded vs. just cramps), and of course I got all excited, and it only happened once. boo!

-38w5d

33. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@RKitty: I've been eating tons of cherries lol

Post pregnancy "milk making" cravings FTW 😂

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: wow! Big boy! Sounds like he's ready to come out though

@runnerd: It's hard not to think every twinge is 'it!' It's like the TWW all over again!

35. Madyetbeautiful

coffee bean / 30 posts

I'm still following along in the background. Very excited for the ladies who gave already had their little ones!! Looking forward to joining them, though unsure it will be soon - feels like being back at the very beginning and 'symptom spotting' again.

@Alba4 - my little (big) one is measuring along similar lines, 7'5oz at 36 weeks, continuing along a similar trajectory at today's midwife apmnt.

38+2

36. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Madyetbeautiful: Yes, with the symptom spotting! I did that for probably 3 weeks.
    @Mrs. Pink: yup, so many cravings! way more than when pregnant.

37. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Alba4: i was 3cm the day labor started ! (with membrane sweep)

38. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@Alba4: Oh wow, your baby is growing well! And exciting that you're already 3 cm! Hope the membrane sweep does the trick!

@runnerd: You're so close, I'm sure all the cramping etc is working its magic and hopefully you get good news at your appt today!

@Madyetbeautiful: Yes to the symptom spotting! Every time I pop to the loo, I'm checking for any sign of imminent labour, and I'm constantly monitoring my bump to see if it seems particularly low etc! It's such a weird feeling knowing it could be any time now!

Last night was the first time I had the 'maybe labour is coming soon?!' thoughts - just random pains and lots of BH, but more than anything, my bump was so, so low! It's gone back up a bit again this morning, and I'm clearly not in labour, so obviously doesn't mean anything! My labour started in the exact same way with both girls, so I am absolutely convinced it is going to be like that this time too - both times I had the tiniest bit of the bloody show in the morning, followed by super mild contractions later in the day, then proper labour started overnight, and baby born the next day. I am convinced it will be like that again so I feel like I'm totally unprepared if it's any different this time!

I hope it's the same though and we have plenty of notice as DH commutes into London every day for work and the quickest he could make it home would be an hour and a half, and that's if all the stars aligned and there was no traffic or train delays. Our hospital is another 35 minutes from our house going further away from London so really, it would be a couple of hours at least before he could get there if it happened whilst he was at work On the plus side, my SIL, who works three minutes away from our house, has already asked her boss if she could leave at a moment's notice to take me to hospital if needs be and that is all fine - the other option was for my FIL to drive me, how awkward would that be?! I mean, he's great and I do think the world of him, but being in labour, driving 35 minutes with my 71 yr old, very British FIL, would be a whole new level of awkwardness I don't want to experience! Ha! Anyway, hope it's a non-issue regardless!

Hope my other late June mamas are doing well!

~39w 0d

39. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@Ree723: You just made me giggle with the vision of you getting driven by your fil to the hospital! Good news is that it sounds like you have a plan!

My husband doesn't work as far away as yours, but DH is nervous about me getting to the hospital in time! My mom watches my DS today, so we've asked her to stay the night just in case (I think I'm having my bloody show )

Part of me hopes my labor will be similar to DS1 (I delivered under 48 hours after membrane sweep), but this pregnancy has been so drastically different that I'm expecting the unexpected!!!

40. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Alba4: ooh sounds like you're getting close! Hope your LO makes his appearance soon!

@Madyetbeautiful: good to hear from you!!

@Ree723: glad your SIL is so close... Your FIL driving you does sound awkward!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee