Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 Postpartum Thread

1. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@runnerd: I was also considering buying a compression belt since my tummy feels weird when I sleep on my sides. Any suggestions? I have the belly bandit in my cart, but it is kind of expensive.

2. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@runnerd: I thought about getting a belly band of some sort, but wasn't sure if I could bc of my section incision.

@meadow: No I haven't swaddled. The swaddles I got aren't tight enough so he just breaks free. I just ordered some of those PODS though to try. I also ordered a cosleeper for our bed to see if him being closer will work. Fingers crossed. I've been sleeping in a recliner (since he won't sleep on his back & im not comfortable with him sleeping on his stomach while I sleep so I just hold him all night) but I am starting to miss my bed.

Oh the hot flashes, gosh! I literally don't even use covers at night bc I just stay so hot.

3. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MMcAlli: I use the Velcro swaddlemes - seriously the single baby products I can't live without. He is instantly perfectly still and sleepy once swaddled! (And we are awful at swaddling with just a blanket)

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: try having him sleep with warm sock filled with rice and wrapped in an article of your clothing! I can't remember where I read that, but I think it tricks the baby into thinking he's sleeping with you.

5. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MMcAlli: my doctor said I could wear a belly binder even with the csection

6. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@MMcAlli: I let DD nap in her belly and she has such good head control at his point, I'll probably let her do it at night soon:

7. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

Is anyone else's LO experiencing skin issues on the face like peeling and bumpiness (baby acne)?

Also he seems to be going through a growth spurt... wanting to feed every 1-1.5 hours during the day! I feel like he's constantly on the boob!

8. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: ditto to both your comments!!

9. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@catomd00: that's my little guy, he has great beck control. I'm going to try the pod swaddle & if that doesn't work I'll just give in & let him tummy sleep. He really just hates being on his back.

@starlitsky: ohhhhh same here. During the day I feel like I'm just a milk making // feeding machine lol. I was feeding just from one side but that is no longer enough, he has to have both in one session.

Are y'all pumping yet for a stash? I haven't yet but was curious when you're suppose to pump? Like after every feeding? & for how long?

10. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MMcAlli: as soon as my pump comes I'm going to pump once in the morning or evening every day probably for a week. But since I only work pt I just need a little extra to start. Last time I always pumped when I missed a feeding and pumped more then I needed pretty easily until about 8 months so I stayed ahead of it.

11. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@MMcAlli: with DD1, I started pumping once/day, usually in the AM, around 3 weeks. I had a good stash built up when I went to work. I just pumped right after her morning feed until I was totally empty. If I pumped more than that, I'd start making too much, and it was uncomfortable for both of us.

12. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: Must be even harder with 2! How are you holding up? Are you doing anything for the peeling/bumpiness?

@MMcAlli: I totally feel like a milking/feeding machine! Add in diaper changing and I feel like that's all I do during the day lol.

13. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: I am putting some moisturizer on legs & feet occasionally but arms & hands & face I'm leaving alone so they don't accidentally eat the ceam. Just looks sad...but it's normal

Two is quite a challenge. Feeding is much more scheduled rather than on demand....but then they don't always wait to be hungry. It is so sad to feed one baby while the other screams and try not to rush the baby on the boob. I had been sneaking in a pump session or 2 per day...but the past two days I haven't had the 20 min between feedings to do it!

I love my two munchkins .... and look forward to when they entertainment eachother and twins become easier than singletons 😉

14. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: Sounds so hard! Hugs.

As for pumping, I pump once a day at 8pm or so, trying to get a stash for when I go back to school in 4 weeks.

Newborn sleep is weird. I swear she sleeps almost all day. I wish she would sleep this well at night--I know she would if we were completely cosleeping/bed sharing, or if she stayed in the swing all night--or even on her belly. I hate making her sleep on her back. Every tummy time I'm trying to see what she thinks about rolling over.
    Managing my 4 year old, I feel like I'm sending him off on his own all the time. I feel bad about it.

15. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: I feel like I spend most of my time feeding a baby or trying to get him to sleep. Once he did get to sleep he sleeps for a really long time and I have to wake him up to eat. My mom has been helping out but I'm worried for my 2 year old once she leaves because getting him down takes so much work!

16. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: same here, I'm either trying to get her to sleep or trying to wake her up!

I feel like I should be doing so much more with her!

17. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

Ok so my breasts are warm to the touch and sometimes feel like they are on fire between feedings. Anyone else feel this way? Not sure if it's cause for concern or just due to BFing.....

18. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: I haven't had that happen. If they're really swollen, it could be a sign of mastitis though. Any other symptoms?

19. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@meadow: do you feel achy? I got mastitis day 4 postpartum when my milk came in. My breasts were hot and I had plugged ducts. Also, I broke out with a rash on my breasts. Call your dr and they will prescribe you some drugs.

Ladies, have you had to take care of your newborn and older toddler solo yet? DH goes back to work tomorrow. My mom will be here on wed but there is a good chance that thurs, fri, and sat, I'll be flying solo with 2 kids. I'm feeling nervous!

20. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Alba4: no solo parenting of both yet beyond the time it takes my husband to run to the store or take a shower lol. Next Wed will be my first solo day when he goes back to work. I'm nervous but less so than how nervous I was before baby got here and I could see he wasn't acting jealous of baby (even though he is a tantrum mess over lots of other things).

21. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Today is our first solo day - but I only have dd, no older kids! So it's not bad at all, just not sure what I'm supposed to do with her

22. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@runnerd: I'm more concerned about getting my toddler out of the house! I can do this! Will probably go to the local park just to get out.

23. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Alba4: DH goes back to work next week but I've had some solo days and half days already, including two solo bedtimes. It was fine, But DD is really helpful and independent so she does well playing solo. I'm more nervous for next week though because I'm starting to do some work from home since I have been bored lol. Thankfully my Inlaws are always willing to help!

24. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Things are going good so far. Haven't been solo yet but I'm only 4 days past my c section and don't have child care so my mom is helping for a while since I can't lift my toddler.

Things are going well. Milk is in like crazy and I'm so engorged. Might have to pump tonight for some relief. H is a good baby so far. Eats well and sleeps well for a newborn! Hopefully she stays good and this isn't a fake out!

Hope everyone else is doing good.

25. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

I've just been solo in the mornings waiting for my mom to wake up after my husband goes to work and even that is overwhelming! I have another week and a half of help and then that's it. I'm scared! My toddler has so much energy, so we will have to get out a lot.

26. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

My hubby went back to work last week so I've been solo for over a week now! It's tiring and hard to get anything done because baby has been wanting to eat more often (growth spurt?) but it's getting easier as I'm getting used to it. It must be a lot harder with a toddler in addition to a newborn!

I need to figure out how to use my solly wrap so I don't feel trapped in one place while baby sleeps on me!

27. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: lol yes L has been such a good baby, and I am fairly well-rested - so scared it's a fake out since he's just 5 days old

@brownepiano: I feel ya!! My toddler is high energy too, so I will be doing way more outings than I want to or we won't survive

28. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@starlitsky: I have a boba wrap, but I haven't tried it yet! Everyone seems to love their solly wraps tho!

29. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@starlitsky: find a BWI group near you! and youtube!
    i my wraps!!

been out solo with 2 kids a few times. not too bad but my big kid is 4 and he's pretty wonderful.

still at 3 week pp, having some pain from birth, but trying to keep up with my to do list (which does include "smell the baby" like 500x/day).

have had a few sad sad days (for no reason) after 2 1/2 good weeks. hoping it is just a few days

30. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

The birth month thread reminded me, did our Facebook group get off the ground or are we just hanging out here? I forgot to do anything about that.

Being up at all hours with a baby that needs to be held upright for his food to digest gives me lots of free time. Just at night. I'm not sure how to get stuff done during the day anymore though. My kids have been giving me a double nap but I've been sleeping every time!

31. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: I feel pretty good at 2 weeks but still have back pain and cramping if I try to do too much. Try to take it easy!

32. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@runnerd: take what you can get! The first week felt like a weird vacation for me. Then my toddler's sleep went to crap. Now we're on the other end of that thankfully,

33. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

I've had a few solo days. I was a little overwhelmed with just a newborn, kudos to you with a toddler too! Y'all are rockstars!! @starlitsky: I need to figure out my Solly wrap too for the same reason! My little guy doesn't like to be put down so I'm not able to get anything done until the very rare moment he'll lay somewhere else.

I was wondering about the Facebook page too!

I've slowly started pumping. In the mornings after he feeds which right now I'm barely getting anything bc he empties me. I've also pumped a few times & let his Daddy feed him. It blows my mind how my body makes just enough for his needs. I hope pumping after some feeds will get me making more though so I can build a small stash.

34. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MMcAlli: if you can wait an hour after he eats and pump consistently at that same time for a few days, your body will think it is another feeding and start making more milk at that time.

My pump is coming tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to using it!

35. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: @Alba4: not achy ..... I think it might be the real you long BF sessions lately.....40 minutes back to back on 2 hour cycle. Going to try using my cool gel packs today to calm things down...

@Alba4: I've been alone with the twins for partial days but not full days yet. Sometimes I'm like "bring it on"....then I remember what it's like taking care of one baby (say feeding....) and the other is crying and I can't do much to soothe and I'm glad to have the second set of hands....I keep reminding myself that these babies are going to grow up with a strong understanding of sharing and patience and I'm not terrible for making them take turns with me 😛.

@MMcAlli: agree ....mega kudos to the second time mom's on here....I can't imagine doing all this with a toddler!

So BF has been on and off a struggle for me mostly related to latch. Yesterday I found a YouTube video that hit home for me...so I wanted to share with you all in case it benefits someone else. I don't love the lady in the video or understand why she's out of breath....but the whole vigorous attaching thing was what I was missing. I saw the LC do it when they helped but no one really said I was supposed to...I thought they did it because it wasn't their b! Haha.

Babies hit 4 weeks yesterday & their 40 week due date was this past Friday! It's crazy to think how long and yet how little time they've been part of our life here!!

36. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: lol omg that video had me LOL! That woman is goofy but I definitely learned a lot and will be trying some new things today. Thanks for sharing!

37. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: @MMcAlli: yes! There's a few of us on the FB now, in think I have admin privileges so you can email me at Kelley.Breyer at gmail dot com

I've been feeling really bad for dh, when he comes home dd is usually fussy and can only be calmed by me.

38. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@MrsKRB: what do you need just my email for the fb add? If so its m.vaughn513@gmail.com

39. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: I'll try that video.

40. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

So my little guy is almost 5 weeks old & during the day he wont go any longer than 1.5-2 hours in between feeds. At night he will go around 3 hours. When do they start spacing day feeds out?

Side note I'm breastfeeding

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee