Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 Postpartum Thread

1. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Ree723: I can't imagine keeping up with 3 either. Starting tomorrow I'm all alone with my 2. I'm not sure how it will go.

@meadow: I think my baby's nails grow faster than my toddler's!

2. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

Everything is OK. Baby is still eating every 2-3 hours, even at night. But last night was the first in a while that he wasn't up for hours trying to poop so I think we are headed in the right direction. He's gaining weight like crazy. I'm curious how much he'll weigh when we get his shots next week.

3. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: So this might seem gross to some people, but I've been biting dd's nails! It's SO much easier than trying to cut them, and I haven't had any scratching issues!

DD was a nightmare during the day yesterday, fussing, crying and fighting sleep - but she slept amazing last night, fell asleep at 10P and woke up at 3:30, 6:30 and 9a. Unfortunately my boobs didn't like that and I woke up in a giant puddle of breastmilk!

4. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@brownepiano: yay!!!!

@MrsKRB: not gross.......I have bit a nail or two......but still worry I'll bite their finger!! Haha

Got all of little girls nails after the last feeding...felt very successful!!

Awesome on her sleep!!! Wow!!!! I also leaked through a beast pad yesterday when I was feeding a baby...it was so weird!!?

...kudos,to all the second and third time moms....I don't know you all juggle that!!!!

5. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

Soooo I'm 7 weeks PP tomorrow and pretty sure despite EBF AF is returning. I've had light spotting ranging from brown to red the last 2-3 days. With DD1 it didn't come back until 8 months! I'm so mad. I'm not sure if it's because DD has been sleeping 7-8 hours at night this past week or what?! I'm not happy though. DH is over the moon and like so we can get pregnant again?! Lol umm nooo!

6. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@catomd00: boo! Though at 2 days shy of 6 weeks pp I'm still bleeding lochia.....any chance thats what you're seeing?

7. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@catomd00: yeah I'm with meadow, I am one day shy of 6 weeks PP & I'm still bleeding. It's very very light but still bleeding. I wish it would stop already.

8. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@catomd00: Or maybe still lochia? I hope! Have you been more active?
    almost 5 weeks out, still bleeding, too.

9. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: Ari gained 2lbs 5 oz in the first month!
    We are also still up every 45 min to 2.5 hours.
    For the razor sharp baby nails, I used scissors from a pocket knife, or I tear them, they seem to start peeling a lot.

10. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

I've found this is weird to most people but I've always used scissors on my nails so it is easy for me to cut my kid's nails with scissors too.

I survived my first solo day! I'm glad i had help do long because today didn't feel like too much of a big deal. Except a cluster feeding baby is making it hard to get supper ready even though my husband took the toddler out when he got home.

11. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@meadow: @MMcAlli: @pastemoo: def could be since I was spotting on and off right up until almost 6 weeks (7 weeks today), but it just seems different! Either way, now I'm scared I'm fertile regardless so we will see be using POM! DH didn't even remember that we didn't use BC for the first few months after we had DD1. Definitely don't want a spring 2017 baby!

12. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@brownepiano: congrats on surviving!! I have been so lucky DD1 has been so easy to get down for her nap and she is out for 3 hours and I can get DD2 down for a large portion of that so I have free time! I've been WFH a little but I get so mad I have to do work instead of relax lol.

13. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

Almost made it through my first week. My MIL is taking toddler this weekend cause DH has to do some stuff at work over the weekend.

I'm still amazed at how much my baby will sleep if I hold him, but I can't hold him all day. He is starting to go down for naps better though.

14. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: I was coming here to say the same thing. I'm having such a hard time with naps, the only sure fire way to get her to sleep is putting her in the k'tan but I definitely don't want to start that habit!

15. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MrsKRB: I've been working on figuring out his wake times but it still seems so hit or miss. But he'll sleep on me without fail. My husband has a hard time getting him to sleep too so it's all up to me most of the time.

16. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

I'm having the same problem of baby wanting to sleep on me ALL day and night. Just in the past couple of days he started taking some naps in his swing. And I'll totally admit that dh and I hold him all night. Seriously, we just lay back on the couch and sleep like that😁. But trying to put him down usually only gets you 5-10 mins before he's crying.... Newborns!!!

17. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: do you have a carrier? Better day sleep for A means better night sleep, so if carrying her is the only way to make her sleep... I will@Purpledaisy: can you sleep together in bed? Or that is not enough?

18. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: I have a carrier. I use it as a last resort or if we are out of the house. He gets pretty heavy pretty fast to use it all the time. I've been working on getting him to sleep in his bed and making progress over the last two days.

Witching hour seems to be 6-8 pm, he's so tired but just can't get to sleep, even when I'm careful not to keep him up too long.

19. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

It was very freeing to be cleared at my 6 week pp appointment!! I picked up my babies in their car seats and felt great!! So now I can go out without a chaperone 😛.

DS has another diaper rash. This one has,been around a week. Very red in his,crack area. This time the desitin doesn't feel like it's helping. I'm going to pick up some triple paste tomorrow at the recommendation of a friend. I feel bad for this poor guy!!

20. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: yay for being freed! Poor baby

21. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: Yay! My pp visit is tomorrow. Looking forward to being cleared!

Poor boy. Rashes are the worst!

22. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

Baby has only slept on me today! I looked up the wonder weeks out of desperation and sure enough there is one at 5 weeks. That explains the grumpy day. I'm hoping it doesn't last all week!

23. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: enjoy your freedom!

24. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: yay for your 6 wks appt!!

@brownepiano: That's tough. Hope LO sleeps normal again soon! Though I can't help but to say - enjoy the Itty bitty baby snuggles.

25. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: today my MIL has my toddler, so I can actually sit on the couch holding a sleeping baby and watch Netflix. It is a nice change of pace! I watched a LOT more stuff the first time. Now it's a luxury😉

26. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

I am with all of you, my little guy will only sleep soundly if someone is holding him. My husband says I've spoiled him. Blah. Last week was also my first week back to work & my little guy gets to come with me BUT I've been wearing him all day & didn't even try to lay him down to prevent a fit for the whole office to hear.. I've got to work on him sleeping in something besides someone's arms though, I literally feel like I hold him 24-7. I ordered a magic sleep suit & a meters wedge for his crib that's by our bed in hopes theyll work until he's old enough to sleep on his stomach (bc that he will do)
    We've also been diagnosed with GERDs and put on Nexium since Zantac didn't work. He's been on it for 3 days & today has been the worse day yet. I've heard 6 weeks is the peak of newborn fussiness & im praying that is true & we are turning a corner.
    Being a parent to a fussy baby isn't easy. But I know it'll be worth it.

27. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

My baby (5 weeks) has been wanting to be held all the time too! And is super gassy lately and prone to spitting up so I've been extra vigilant about burping and keeping upright after feeding, which is definitely harder/more tiring on us. I did finally figure out the solly baby wrap which has been a lifesaver in giving me more mobility during the day, but when he's awake and holding up his head in the wrap, I need to support his head with one hand and that limits what I can do while wearing him lol.

28. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

Same with wanting to be held all the time/getting way more sleep when held! I oblige because a better day of sleep begets a better night of sleep for us.

Also, now I have no clue where I even posted this...
    who is having trouble with spit up? A few babies here with GERD already, like... 3? Anyone else with other spit up concerns?

29. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: I have debated reflux with DS many times. Then I find reasons to think his spitting up is normal. More often than not he is a happy spotter. I think it comes down to an immature stomach sphincter.

Today we were back to more normal feedings...so that was a relief. I had about 20 min between children to get up, go to the bathroom, get a snack,.....it was nice!!

30. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: same her, I'm super neurotic about making she gets good naps in because I know then we will have a good night dd has been spitting up a lot too, I was actually going to ask the ped today. I don't think it's anything to be worried about because she's not crying, but sometimes it seems like a TON of spit up.

31. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: ditto on the quantity part!!!

My ped said,to worry if it was like the exorcist! Haha

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: haha ok good to know!

33. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: yeah? I feel like it's time to call . My son spit up till 14 or 18 months? I'd like that not to happen. He clearly had digestive issues with recurring anal fissures from constipation from 8 months to just over 2 years... So I worry about her gut too. The volume of spit up is insane. Like 4 or 6 on a row of a constant stream. Ugh.

34. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo:

35. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

Does anyone use a baby milestone type app? During pregnancy I liked my weekly updates with Ovia & wish there was something for now....

36. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: Wow, that is pretty extreme!

Our reflux issues seem to have calmed down and he's finally getting more efficient at pooping so he isn't up for hours at night anymore because of that.

Last night we tried a dream feed with a bottle while i pumped so I can build up a stash, but he woke up instead of staying asleep.

37. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: The Ovia app continues with baby updates, but it's not really a milestone app. I also downloaded the wonder weeks app which will pretty much tell you when they will start to do things (like smile, or grab toys).

38. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Hi ladies. Sounds like everyone is doing well. We had our monthly well visit and L is a hefty 12 lbs!!! His biggest issue right now is finding a new formula for supplementing, since the organic Similac is making him crazy gassy. I'm still pumping, which I guess is going well, but it makes me a little crazy. I'd like to at least give him another month of my breastmilk. Taking it week by week!

39. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Does anyone else's baby cluster feed like crazy at night? DD is on the boob from about 8-20 every night with no break. It helps her sleep well, but I'm nervous that I'm creating a bad habit!

40. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@MrsKRB: it's totally normal. I just go with it and hope for a longer stretch of sleep. She'll grow out of it soon.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee