Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 Postpartum Thread

1. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: my baby wears either sleepers or onesies all the time! I find it easier than dealing with pants lol. Where is that one from? Cute!

2. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@brownepiano: ok we do onsies too with no pants...I was gifted several sleepers and think they are too warm to wear with a swaddle at night....and no swaddle pod would = lots of flailing and waking up....so I was confused. They probably make more sense for tummy sleepers.
    Sorry baby is difficult to get down......but glad you got a little break by pumping!

@MMcAlli: makes sense in your sleeping arrangement. I don't have an answer for your LO wanting to be held...on days I'm by myself my kiddos don't have a choice if I'm feeding one baby.....sometimes the other HAS to cry and self soothe. I can't say I'm in the CIO camp....but this just is what it is. I wonder if you let him be for 5 minutes if he would get comfy without being held?

@starlitsky: Google Image search. Haha....I think it was carter's though!

3. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: they make more sense in the fall/winter when you want something warmer without tons of layers get to a diaper. Ds1 lived in sleepers but he was a feb baby. This guy even just sleeps in a onsie, no swaddle or blanket. It's been too hot here, and we don't keep our ac too cold.

4. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@ mmcalli: my first hated being put down because he liked seeing everything, so I held him a lot. This guy spends most of his awake time on a blanket. He gets grumpy about it sometimes but my toddler is usually in his face so he has plenty to look at...
    I think some of it is personality and some of it is like @meadow said, if they have to, they will get used to a certain amount of not being held. You just have to be ok with him getting a little grumpy. I wouldn't leave him crying for 20 min but 5 min while you go to the bathroom won't hurt him.

5. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MMcAlli: @brownepiano: agree about the 5 min vs. 20 min!!

6. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MMcAlli: Do you have a swing? That is where we put the baby during the day for naps. We are lucky that he will sleep well swaddled in his crib or pack n play at night (makes for an easier transition to crib later. DS1 napped well during the day in a rock n play. Do you have any of those items?

@meadow: The baby sleeps in those zip sleepers at night when it's cooler. I feel like it gets chilly with the AC. During the day I have him in short sleeved onsies and pants or one-piece rompers. It's bee super hot here in NY, and since I wear him while running after my toddler, I try to dress him in light clothing.

My toddler was pretty easy yesterday when I had the boys solo, so maybe we are finding our groove! Or maybe he just had a good day! Lol.

7. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Alba4: thx.... and yay for finding your groove & having a good day!!!!

8. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: has the being held thing been happening for awhile? DD was doing that during her last growth spurt, but she's been better this week. Carriers are definitely a lifesaver!

@meadow: she wears one under her woombie at night, but we keep our room pretty cold. During the day when it's hot she's just in a onesie, or just a diaper if it's super hot

9. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

Yes, the being held has been a thing since he started having reflux maybe around 2 weeks? He is now 8 weeks. I do have several options for him to sleep in (bouncer, swing, glider, rock n play, etc etc.) I'm just going to start sitting him in it & letting him cry a little hoping he will grow to like them. I think once he is able to sleep on his tummy he will be able to sleep in the crib. He loves being on his tummy ( I think it's a reflux thing?!?!) but the doctor says he can't till he can roll over on his own. So impatiently waiting. lol.

I was thinking we should all post our L&D Story, if you haven't already or just post it again, I never did because I didn't have a moment but I would love to hear every ones now that things have calmed down a little. What does everyone think? Just something for us to read during these feedings & such. Nothing beats a good Delivery Story though either. :))

Happy Monday!

10. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MMcAlli: I like that idea...I've been dragging my feet on typing it up and made at myself because details are fading......this would be a good motivator!! Should we do a separate thread so they are all together?

11. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MMcAlli: I jinxed myself. Baby wants to be held all day today!

Yes, let's start a birth story thread. I never wrote it down either and I don't want to forget the details!

12. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@pastemoo: we are doing so great over here minus the SPD! I'm getting 6-7 hour stretches out of DD regularly, big sis is doing amazing and physically I feel great (other than the SPD.) DH and I DTD for the first time a week or so ago and the lady parts were great but the SPD made it so painful. In seeing an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow, so hopefully he has some ideas to help since PT doesn't seem to be helping any more...

13. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@meadow: we are big on sleep n plays! Every night and pretty much most days if we aren't leaving the house. They're just so easy and convenient! Plus, our house is always freezing thanks to DH!

14. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MMcAlli: I like the idea of birth story. I didn't write down my last one because I wanted to forget it! But this time was much better.

LO has been sleeping on his stomach since 2 weeks because I couldn't get him to sleep any other way and with a toddler he couldn't just sleep on me all the time. He would sleep in a carrier some but it would kill my back after a while. Shh... don't tell the doctor. Plus side is he's really good at lifting his head up now and can almost do a push up when he's really mad!

15. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@catomd00: Wow! That's awesome!

I hope they can do something more for you.

16. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

Last night was the first time with just two wakings, 4 hours apart. It was awesome! Last time I never understood pumping and having DH do a feeding, since pumping was annoying and it was faster to feed him myself. But this time I've started pumping at 8:30 and having DH do the first feeding (around 11 pm) so I can have a longer chunk of sleep. I feel human again! I'm not sure about DH though, lol.

17. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@catomd00: wow what is your secret to such long stretches? Are you BFing or doing formula or both? I hope you can get some relief for your SPD soon!

I'm starting to see 3 hour stretches vs 2 hours but I'd love to get longer intervals soon!

And yes to birth stories!

18. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: we started a bedtime routine, I also cluster feed in the evenings (1.5-2hr difference instead of the usual 3). DD slept from 9-4a last night (I fed her at 215, but she was sleeping). We also try and keep naps short during the day, and keep her busy with loud noises and lights. Honestly though, she was a pretty good sleeper from the start so it might just be a temperament thing.

I like a birth stories thread, I would love to read yours! I posted mine in the birth thread, but I can repost it

19. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: what is your bedtime routine like? I think I'll try cluster feeding. So do you feed her every 1.5-2 hours even if she doesn't seem hungry yet? That's amazing she slept from 9p-4a!!

I think my baby has reflux so I'm thinking that might be preventing better sleep.

20. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: that's possible, have you tried having him sleep on an incline? We do bath, pajamas/swaddle, book, breastfeed, rock to sleep. She's a good sleeper once we get her down, but it's really hard getting her to fall asleep! Yes I breastfeed her even if she doesn't act hungry, she will never refuse the boob

21. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: thanks for the schedule info! I'll give it a try. I haven't tried having him sleep on an incline yet (we don't have a rock n play) but I will look into it!

22. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

23. MMcAlli

cherry / 154 posts

@brownepiano: Oh, really? My husband has been begging me to let our little guy sleep on his stomach, but I'm a worrier. Of course everyone keeps telling me "my kid slept on their stomach. it was "the way" whenever they were born and they are just fine" I asked out Ped & he didn't even hesitate just gave a straight NO when I asked him. Our little guy has great neck support though so I may give it a try soon. Ps. Yay for more sleep & less wakings. :))

@starlitsky: You can always put something under the crib mattress to incline it a little, I just put a blanket rolled up under my little guys. Even though he will not sleep in his crib he does lay there throughout the day to look around & such..

24. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MMcAlli: I figured that's how a whole generation did it (my parents). I know it's changed because of SIDS but I also know they don't actually know what causes SIDS, just correlations. But you have to do what you are comfortable with.

25. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MMcAlli: Maybe just start with him napping on his stomach, so you are there to watch?

26. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Is anyone else dealing with baby acne? DD's is so bad

27. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@starlitsky: I think she's just a decent sleeper! I'm BF but try and load her up during the day. I think it helps that she doesn't take a pacifier so nurses a lot more during the day than my first did!

28. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MMcAlli: I'll try the rolled up blanket! For now he's been sleeping in our bed but I want to start having him nap during the day in the crib.

@MrsKRB: yes to baby acne! Ours started around 3 weeks and is just now going away at 6 weeks, although we still have some flakiness and a few bumps. I made sure to wipe his face with a damp washcloth every day and was putting a bit of breastmilk on to spot treat but I heard it just goes away on its own with time.

Anyone dealing with cradle cap? DS had a dry, flaky scalp and a smelly head. We used coconut oil and combed/brushed away the flakes and it helped immensely!

29. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@catomd00: you definitely got lucky with a good sleeper! Mine doesn't take a paci either and nurses a lot during the day but still wants to eat every 2-3 hours during the night.

30. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@MrsKRB: not this time. Just some flaking skin on his scalp. I try to remember to brush it more and give him baths occasionally. Ds1 had it really badly. His pictures for a few months were terrible! The Dr had us put hydrocortisone cream on it to clear it up.

31. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: I'll try putting breastmilk on it!

32. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@MrsKRB: breast milk worked great for my sons baby acne. Dd is just started to get a bit so I've been spraying her face as well haha.

33. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

DS has flaky skin and minimal acne on his brows. I've been using breastmilk to help clear it up.

I bathe this baby so much less than my first!!!

34. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Alba4: Baths only happen about once a week for my guy. It's actually hard to fit them in! I'm looking forward to throwing him in the tub with his brother someday.

35. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

I was starting to get somewhere with a schedule and then we hit the 6 week growth spurt. The funny thing is, I am starving too!

I got cleared by my dr today. I have a plugged duct that I need an ultrasound for, but that's it. It's weird because it doesn't really hurt but I can't get it to go away. He said it should clear up when I'm done nursing.

36. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@brownepiano: Do you have the Lansinoh Therapearl ice/heat packs? They help me clear my clogged ducts and you just pop them in the microwave and into your bra. Super easy and effective!

37. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Alba4: I do have those. Maybe I'll have to try them again. I'd really like to clear it up and not have to pay for another ultrasound. I gave up on the massage in the shower because it was just making me sore.

38. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@brownepiano: glad I'm not the only one who is at about 1 bath per week!! Hah. I do wash their faces daily to catch any spit up I missed but fitting in baths is definitely no where near daily for us!!!

Think I'm going to work on transitioning to cribs in the nursery this weekend away from PNP in the living room...... wish me luck!!!

Taking a drive up to meet my DH's aunt today. (~30 min away) If I go to her, I have more control over how long the visit lasts & don't feel like crap for the state of messiness in my home...hah. FX it goes smoothly & not too much crying.

39. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

We got a 5 hour stretch last night! Woohooo! I feel great.

@meadow: good luck. Travel can be tricky, but you can do it! Just dropping my older son at school yesterday was a challenge. I finally got everyone in the car and Ds2 wanted to eat of course!

40. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Alba4: yeah...I'm going to back to back feed....hop in car...drive uo...then prob time to BF again!! Haha

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee