Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 Postpartum Thread

1. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: @MrsKRB: I've been feeling nostalgic too!! Throughout October I kept reminding my husband of the dates of our retrieval, transfer, positive beta, and ultrasound where we found out about the twins!!! So fun and happy!!!

Crazy to think how much has changed in the last year!!!

2. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: aww, so sweet!

3. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

So how were the holidays everyone? Our LO'S had fun seeing family (even if sleep & naps got all wonky for 3 days straight) and they started to figure out tearing the wrapping paper (then immediately trying to eat it -haha) I have enjoyed being home with them extra and especially not making/washing bottles!!!! Yipppee!!!!

DS has started sitting much more solidly the past week and DD is starting to pull herself up. She has gotten up onto her knees a few times. DD isn't crawling but can get around really well with a combo of scoots and falling down ...wiggling...then sitting up in a new spot. It's quite amazing! Last night she decided she wanted to practice pulling up in her crib a couple times so we need to lower that today. This morning I woke up to her sucking on the rail! How long do you think sleep gets messed up learning a new skill like pulling up? Are we in for weeks of her popping up.in her crib? Or is it usually a quick thing and I shouldn't write off getting some semblance of sleep?

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: dd loved the wrapping too! I should have just gotten her a box of paper for Christmas she's sitting up pretty well, but she hates to and instead has been crawling around everywhere (army crawl, but tries in her knees). Also, sleep has been awful for us for quite awhile so I'm not sure about your question

5. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Hi everyone! Happy New year! The holidays were great and it was so nice to have some time off. The baby is doing great and he is our gentle giant weighing on at 23lbs at his 6 month appointment! He's starting to scoot and sit up, and loves to interact with his big brother. He started solids about a month ago and is enjoying veggies. Sleep isn't great here, and we've started to sleep train. Only 2 hard nights and he seems to get it! It looks like his bottom teeth are about to break through any day.

Hope you are all well and that your babies are happy and healthy!

6. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: agree on the paper!! Haha

@Alba4: exciting about the teeth!!! I was so pumped when DDs first tooth broke through and told everyone from my mom to her daycare teachers to my coworkers. Everyone thought I meant a legit tooth and my mom laughed when she looked in DD's mouth and saw just the pointy parts peaking through...hah

7. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

J just hit 9 months yesterday! He's got two teeth with more on the way any day now. Climbing everything, we had to put a gate on the stairs because he is obsessed with them and getting faster at escaping. Sleep is fine, and eating is fine. He is really into screaming right now but other than that so fun.

How are your babies?

8. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@brownepiano: LO turned 9 months this weekend. He is getting around (inchworming) and rocking a lot. He can pull himself to a squat. He has 4 teeth already (top 2 broke through yesterday). Sleep is great. He's so fun! He's still huge and moving into 24 month clothing. Official weight-in is tomorrow at the pediatrician.

How is everyone?!

9. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Alba4: wow, 24 month! I have J in 18 month but it's mostly because of cloth diapers. We're still waiting on the top teeth. Any day now!

10. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

@brownepiano: @Alba4: so great to hear updates from you guys!

Things are going pretty good over here. Baby N has definitely been a pretty high needs baby from the beginning. For the past month or so sleep has gotten much better and he's been taking one decent nap a day. Big improvement even though he is still super needy during his awake time.

We had his 9 month check up last week and he's 16lbs 3oz and 26 inches. He's little but so is his big sister. He's in size two diapers and wears a mixture of 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes. He has two little teeth on the bottom that popped through at the beginning of this month and it looks like another on the top will be coming though soon. He's almost crawling but not quite there yet and can go from tummy to sitting all by himself.

I am still exclusively breastfeeding and that's going great. However, he HATE food! He hates purees, oatmeal, puffs, anything! He will suck on a chunk of cantaloupe but if a tiny piece breaks off he acts like he's choking until he can spit it out. His ped doesn't seem concerned but I am a little bit.

11. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: wow! We are barely in 9 months, mostly 6 months!

@Purpledaisy: have you tried soft finger food? Did never took to pureees with me.

R is crawling, standing and cruising on furniture and can hold herself up for a solid 5 seconds, walking is just around the corner! She never stops!! I never got a cuddly baby we hit the 9 month sleep regression hard and have been up every 2 hours for the past week 😩

12. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Purpledaisy: that sounds tough! I've never had a baby that hated food.

@mrskrb: I hope the sleep goes back to normal soon!

13. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@Purpledaisy: try not to worry, especially if your pediatrician isn't! DS was not super excited about food for the first week we tried, but he quickly loved it! Now we're on to chunky food!!!

@MrsKRB: I remember saying the same thing about DS1. I didn't feel like he was cuddly. I think they are so excited about their new mobility and they are so curious they don't have time to cuddle. My DS1 became cuddly again when he got older. Now, he is still a mush at 3.5.

So great to have everyone check in. I'm glad that thebabies are all growing well!

14. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

Hi mamas!! How are you?

15. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

Hi all!! Somehow I missed the activity recently on this thread - which is funny because I had been thinking of you all and wondering how your babies were doing!

DD and DS are doing great - they continue to amaze me with all their "twinness". The way they interact is remarkable. DD has become fascinated with "handing" things to me or DH lately. The past few days I have noticed DD or DS handing EACHOTHER toys! Which is super cute.

They both still only have 2 bottom teeth but I have had multiple occasions where I thought the top teeth were coming in! Not yet though!

They are doing great with food - we did BLW and they LOVE peas, blueberries, pears, and meat! It is fun seeing their favorites emerge. I am still trying to figure out how BF fits into all of this. I think I am so worried about keeping my supply up that I am nursing them too much during the day for their age (every 3 hours... when awake).

They are doing well at daycare - they moved about a month ago into the next class. This is going really well!

DD has stood for up to 45 seconds on her own, cruises around the furniture like she owns the place, and loves to walk (run really!) with her fisher price zebra walker. DS doesn't stand on his own yet, but is quite good at crawling and proud of himself when he walks with the walker. I think DD is really close to walking.

DD and DS are one week shy of 11 months - time flies! DD is about 19 lbs and DS is about 18. They are wearing 9 month clothes and 12 month PJs (mostly because that was the first set we had with grippy feet!)

16. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: I'm the sane with feeding on the weekends, she could probably go 4-5 hours between feeds but I try to keep it at every 3 hours because I'm so obsessive with my supply! I guess I can probably relax a little though since I have less than 2 months to go!

Most of you are on the Facebook page so you know all about Reilly, but she's taking steps unassisted and will be full on walking any day now. She's eating about 3 meals per day of table/finger food plus lots of BM, weighs about 18 lbs and is in 6-9 month clothing.

17. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: wait... can I join the FB page?

18. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: yea! I just need your email

19. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: That's so excited about Reilly walking!!!!! DD has taken one or two steps and I'm so excited for her!!!!! I can't imagine the excitement you have!!

20. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: I love watching my kids play together! When it doesn't turn into fighting. My 3 year old has figured out that his brother likes playing hide and seek. It's really cute.

J is walking a tiny bit! He will just let go of the wall and walk off toward a toy he wants but face plant halfway there.

We're in almost all 18 month stuff, which is all too long but the 12 month bottoms don't fit over his cloth diapers.

21. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

Hi everyone! We are coming up on 1 year this week! I can't believe it!!! I thought 1 year updates would be fun!

DS is crawling all over the place. He can get any where he wants and loves to crawl through tight spaces. Almost nothing makes him happier than banging 2 toys together like he is clapping them. He loves to walk with walker toys or along the furniture. He says mamma and dadda pretty intentionally and talks up a storm especially in the car. He seems to have officially outgrown his MSPI which is awesome and he loves eating. Sometimes I watch him mix flavors on his tray and his facial expressions are so cute! If I take out the swiffer he gets really excited and basically demands to play with it. Yesterday he got really possessive over it and even tried to hold it while in the highchair!!! It was extra funny because he is usually very chill about toys and if they get taken away by his sister....but the swiffer was his!!

DD is walking like a champ! She can get anywhere in our house she wants to go! She also likes tight spaces and we realized she can shimmy behind the couch now....time to block that off! She's been more picky about eating lately and throwing more food on the ground than I appreciate. She does love hummus and oatmeal so I often have to share when I eat those. She also says mamma and dadda. I also can hear her trying to say "hat" when she puts things on her head....which is really cute. DD has a bit of a tantrum problem and has several dramatic episodes each day (not long....but certainly an episode)! She also hits her head on things like the floor or wall or me when she is upset. That breaks my heart (and sometimes hurts me when she clips my face or collarbone!) I'm hoping this ends soon.

They both love music and light up when we turn on the radio or a toy that makes music. DD will even do a little booty dance if I dance to the radio!

We are in the process of weaning. I feel like this is uncharted territory after a year of building and maintaining my supply!!

What's new with everyone else?

22. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: happy birthday to your 2!! Reilly is walking/running around like crazy. She loves to eat and has been eating 3 good sized meals plus lots of BM still. I guess I should think about weaning soon but I don't want to haha. I thought she was high maintenance, but we just got back from a beach trip with 2 other babies and I've learned that she's pretty easy going! She's very sweet, and loves anything active.

23. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: happy almost first birthday!

We've been working on weaning DS since about 11 months (because I am so over it). I'm down to only one feeding but just realized that if I drop it now I'll probably get my period back just in time for our family vacation! So, we'll be hanging on for a little longer.

DS is walking, climbing everything, so much fun. He's also very stubborn and already throws little tantrums when he can't go outside or it's time to get his diaper changed.
    He knows a few signs and uses them some. He also can say mama, dada, and bye/hi (they sound the same). He eats really well, except he doesn't like cold food. I have to heat up his milk for him to take more than a sip. He's still so messy and drooly all the time!
    Sleep is good. He likes to fight bed time often but it's getting better. I think we are on the tail end of a sleep regression.

He's on the line where some days he's seems like such a toddler and other times he's still a little baby.

24. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: Ahhh! 1 year!! We're about a week away, too. :o

I can't believe it. She is so close to walking, crawling faster, saying some words, and not sleeping AT ALL. She is wonderful, other that the not napping and waking up at night. She is cuddly and loving, and she and her brother get along so well.
    She is very food motivated. Dealing with a lot of constipation because she only has two teeth and so a lot of the finger foods are not so great on her tummy.

25. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

So nice to hear about everyone's babes !

Baby L turns 1 in @ 2 weeks. He is a very strong and big baby (32lbs). Because of his size, he seems to have grown up so quickly! He is so close to walking (he uses his walker, your hands, and is letting go to balance), but no steps yet. He eats all table food and will be 100% on cow's milk this week. He has a hearty laugh and loves to play with his brother. Sleep for the most part is good, although he tends to be an early waker. He says Mama, Dada, and what I think is "more". He is just a lovable guy and I'm looking forward to having my summer off with my boys!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee