Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 Postpartum Thread

1. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: that gives me hope! We're having a couple of family members split the week watching him for now, with the plan to get him into a daycare when he's around 1. I'm hoping DS will accept the bottle when he figures out I'm not around!!

2. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: glad today was better! Does your DH do drop off?

@starlitsky: we are actually on if now (BF in the back seat at the moment in fact!! Haha) will report back next week how it all goes

3. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: glad to hear Day 2 went better. The transition is always the hardest, but it gets easier, I promise!!

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: yes he does. It's actually easier on me this way, I don't have to leave her there I can just pretend she is still at home! Haha.

5. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: yeah...that is awesome!!!

6. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

Everyone ok? How's it going?

7. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@pastemoo: hi! Yes, it's been quiet, which I hope is a good sign.

All is well here. DS is now 3.5 months old. He's super mellow and just a content baby. He's a big boy, just moving into 9 month clothing. Sleeping is fine (1 wake up at night). He is so smiley and likes to giggle and coo. It's so fun to watch my sons interact with each other. My heart is full!

8. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Alba4: very similar here. DS 2 is a pretty smiley, happy baby. He loves talking to us and shoving everything in his mouth.

We still have so much drool. Sometimes i use bibs and other times I just give up and change his clothes. If he's wearing a bib he often tries to suck on it.

9. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: good luck today!

We are ok over here, getting used to daycare! Dd hasn't been as smiley lately, so of course I feel like she's mad at me. In reality, we are in the middle of wonder week 4, so that's probably why. She is napping terribly, but sleeps great at night so I'm just going with it!

10. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@starlitsky: We survived our trip. Only a handful of tense moments. No one died! Wound up only giving the babies one bottle of pumped milk (they should have had a second at the ceremony but DH forgot bottles and had removed the nipples from the diaper bag that morning that would have fit on the medela pump bottles.) I BF the twins in "bRest Stops" in 6 different states in the back seat.

Extra bonus - DH still like eachother. Haha.

Since returning home nap time has gotten worse and we are back to at most 3 hour stretches at night. I don't know if it is coincidence with the 4 month sleep regression or if they got SO used to motion napping in the car. In either case, that is now my project to fix. Also, coming up with a legit bedtime routine and more of a set schedule for our days. Whew. I have my work cut out for me!

Working on eliminating dairy and soy from my diet - a few days in and DS is MORE gassy and not sleeping well. Hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel!

11. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: You and DH still like each other. LOL. This is the sign of a great trip!

12. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: Yes, baby girl is eating all the bibs. And grass. My husband is mad because I had to do some easy yard work and she kept crying in the swing, so I put her on a beach towel on the lawn and she ate some grass. And he's all like, "HER FIRST SOLID FOOD IS GRASS!??!?!?" and I'm like, uh, she wasn't crying, and you got peace and quiet. I couldn't add "don't eat grass" into the mix and have it all still work.

13. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: yay you survived!! Lol at bRest stops! We are going through the 4 month sleep regression too, and we are in the middle of Leap 4, and I just went back to work last week, AND I think he's teething, so needless to say we are experiencing a lot of challenges right now

@pastemoo: Grass as first solid food made me LOL! 😂

14. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo: ha-ha! That's a good one. We haven't had anything other than cloth going in his mouth but With a big brother who likes to help I definitely have to keep an eye on him!

15. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@pastemoo: lol second child problems!

16. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@catomd00: Yes!

PS Sleep regressions suck.

17. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@pastemoo: hahaha!!

@meadow: so glad you survived and you still like your husband. Haha. I usually want to kill DH after just the packing portion of a trip.

Things are good here. H will be 4 months in 2 more weeks. She is a fairly good baby... But definitely requires attention!!. When ds was a babe he would be so content to sit in his bouncer/car seat/stroller for quite a while and preferred that to being held. Dd is the opposite. If she is fed/not tired she is ok to sit alone for a bit, but really loves to be held. She has her best naps in the carrier.

She's sleeping (usually) pretty well at night. Usually a 7-8 hour stretch and then another 3ish hours. But then sometimes she throws me for a loop (like last night) and goes down at her normal time (8ish) and is up at 1 and 4 and 730 for the day, instead of just 4ish and 7 for the day.
    Oh well, can't complain!! Although I think at this age ds was sleeping consistently 10ish hours.

She naps pretty horribly for the most part. Today was like 45 mins on her crib, 20 minutes in DHs arms, maybe 30 mins in her crib, and then like an hour and a half in the carrier. It's hard because we are always on the go with our toddler that she is lucky to even get one nap in her crib. When DH is off and we are sticking around home he will lie beside her for her afternoon nap (when ds is also napping) and replace her soother a bunch and she will have a great nap. Usually if it's just me home and ds is having his nap I let her have a boob nap!

We are still ebf and she gets one bottle of pumped milk a day (right before bed). I'm not sure how much she weighs now. She was 11-9 at her two month appt. she's a peanut compared to ds who was 13-11 at the same age. She would probably weigh a lot more if she didn't spit up constantly!

Sorry for the novel. Haven't updated in a while!! Hope everyone is doing well do we have an fb group?

18. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: yup, email me at gmail.com

19. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: my dd is the same! Always need to be held or played with or she screams haha.

20. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: HAHA about the grass - that is too funny!

@Mrs. Champagne: How much do you give in the bottle before bed? I have no clue how much to give since I BF 99% of their feedings.

@MrsKRB: In your line of work...do you know anything about soy lecthin?

We are doing well over here...twins are talking to each other either when we sit them up facing one another....or when they are lying down and think no one is watching. Sometimes I'll put them in the pack n play and grab a glass of water and when I come back they are chatting up a storm---until they see me. It's like they are telling secrets. It is adorable.

Everything goes in their mouth at the moment. Everyone I see keeps saying teething. I honestly think they are just exploring the feelings of their mouth. DS was sucking on something (maybe his tongue?) for a few days and making the funniest faces.

We are trying to figure out a bedtime routine and its hard. Very hard to go from nursing to sleep to PJs, nurse, story, bed. Both nights we have tried I have given up and gone in to nurse one or both twins to sleep.

21. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@meadow: I give about 5 ounces in a bottle before bed right now. But I think it's a growth spurt. She usually just has about 4. For a feeding in the day if I am gone and DH does a bottle it's like 2-3 max.

My lovely little sleep loving child has been getting up earlier sometimes for a night feeding. Wondering if it's the 4 month regression starting. It's honestly not bad but she's never woke up more then twice in her life, and it's been just 1 or 0 wake ups for weeks, so a couple times lately when she is back to getting up twice im so tired.

22. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: my guy has been doing the same. Most night he sleeps all night or wakes up once. But this week he's had a few nights of up twice. He seems to go back to sleeping when his growth spurts are over.

23. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: sure, what about it? That's so adorable that they talk to each other! Same over here with putting everything in her mouth, I don't think it's teething either!

@Mrs. Champagne: we've had awful, awful sleep the past 2 nights (she's 4 months on Sunday). The last time she slept really bad it only lasted a week, I hope the same thing happens this time!

24. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: ok cool...my mom thinks I'm crazy when I do a 2oz bottle during the day....but she FF me so I keep explaining how different it is!

@MrsKRB: so my ped asked me to omit soy along with going dairy free. I see soy lechtin in Sooooooooooooo much food, so I asked her if that counts and she had no clue. I'm avoiding dairy due to a possible milk protein allergy with DS. The ped said 50% of kids with a milk protein allergy also have trouble with soy.

25. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@meadow: adorable that they talk to each other!

My DS just started sleeping through the night this week! It's awesome! I know that sleep goes through good and bad stages, but I hope he is a good sleeper like his big brother.

My DS takes 6-6.5 oz at a time, so I'm glad that he finally feels full enough to last through the night!

He also constantly has his hands in his mouth. I remember thinking my first son was teething, but he didn't get his first tooth until 9.5 months!

26. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: so with an allergy, it is to the protein of a food. Soy lecithin doesn't contain any of the protein (or very, very little of it), so it's generally co suffered safe for allergens.

27. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: cool...thanks for that info!! That makes me feel much more comfortable!

28. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

So what does your LO wear to daycare? Sleep n play? Pants & onesie?

Trying to decide what to stock up on in the next size...

29. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@meadow: She usually wears pants and a onesie, and I send her with a bib on since she spits up a lot. Otherwise, they change her clothes a million times, which means more laundry.

30. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: pants and onesie or a non-onesie shirt. She usually comes home in different clothes though because they change her if one thing gets on her clothes 🙄

31. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

Holy 4 month sleep regression. Our naps just keep getting worse. Night wake ups so far are not bad so i hope he gets it all out during the day. This feels like it's lasting forever though

32. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@futuremama: @MrsKRB: thanks!!

@brownepiano: fx that night sleep stays good for you!!

33. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

How often do you trim your LO's nails? I am feeling lately like I need to do it daily!!!! Which is nuts!

They are scratching up a storm this morning and Saturday I cut them good!

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: I bite her nails! I feel like I do it everyday or else she scratches all over hr face. I also file them a lot so they're not jagged.

35. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: ok glad your doing it just as often!! Nuts...right?!

36. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: I wish mine grew as fast

37. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: LOL!! Same! And baby A's nails grow so fast, and they are so sharp.

38. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: I do it about once a week. I try to remember to do both boy's when I do mine but tends to forget till they are absurdly long.

39. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: I have to trim every day or every other day, or else he will have scratches on his face. He has 2 right now

I just found out a friend's wife is due in June and it made me kinda nostalgic!!

40. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: aw! Yea, this time last year we were getting ready to announce our pregnancy!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee