Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

Baby girl (name edited) was born at 10:39am today! She was 7lbs 12oz and 19.5 inches! She has been nursing like a champ and sleeping off and on. She has so much hair! My CS went really well and I'm having no pain. DH has been so adorable with her and I love watching it!

2. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: thank you for the well wishes! Things went great and I've been cuddling and nursing my baby girl all afternoon!

3. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: @tequiero21: haha I totally didn't wash the clothes again! They've been packaged up and are only going to get washed again soon anyway after DS2 wears them.

@bookwormmama: congratulations! Such a cute name ☺ good to hear you are having no pain. Mine is definitely better than last time but I'm still taking some mild painkillers.

4. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@bookwormmama: congrats! I love that name too and so happy things are going well so far.

5. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@bookwormmama: woo hoo!!! Congrats!!!!!

6. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@bookwormmama Congratulations! What a great name!

7. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@kitty: thank you! they gave me a shot of pain medicine directly in the muscles (I think it's a newer procedure) and it has been awesome! A lot less pain than with DS!

@Mrs. Pajamas: @tequiero21: @msmilkshake: thank you!

8. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@bookwormmama: Congratulations! Welcome P!

9. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@bookwormmama: congrats! I missed the name, but so glad everything went well!

10. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: congratulations! Glad everything is going well!

11. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Baby C has generally slept well (for a baby) but was up crying and complaining and of course nursing from 11:30 to 4 or something crazy last night *yawn*

12. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@MrsF: I'm definitely not looking forward to waking up at odd hours. hope c adjusts his schedule soon!!!!

13. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@MrsF: my DD2 definitely has Day/night confusion. She sleeps like an angel during the day and I struggle to wake her to feed. Then all night long she wants to be held and nurse all night! We spent about an hour at the Dr today trying to do a weighted feed. My milk is definitely in today and so I'm hoping/wondering if this will help her sleep better tonight.

@bookwormmama: congrats! I hope your recovery goes well!

14. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@newlypregnantlady: it's so hard I always feel pretty anxious during this newborn period and a lot of it is definitely sleep related. I find the good thing about having your second plus is that you know that this truly will pass. I hope today is a better day

15. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@newlypregnantlady: @MrsF: we had a similar first night here. P wanted to nurse ALL night...I think she was literally on the boob from 8pm until 3am. Every time I'd think she was done she would protest and cry afterwards, so I'd put her back on. I think she just wanted to suck so we gave her a package like 4am and it helped me at least get an hour stretch of sleep. She slept all day yesterday, but actually slept last night too. She didn't want to be put down though, so DHand I took turns holding her and sleeping.

@winniebee: @MrsStar: @MrsF: @newlypregnantlady: thank you! She is super sweet and cuddly!

16. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

I had a rough second night last night. P kept acting like she wanted to nurse, by anytime I'd get her set up she'd fall asleep after like a minute. So I would try to lay her back down in the bassinet, then she'd act like she wanted to nurse after 5-10 minutes. It was a lot of up and down and twisting and then I started having a terrible menstrual cramps. And I was super tired from only a couple hours of sleep. My DH was sleeping and I wanted to get him some sleep so I could get a good chunk next. My incision area was hurting and I was having terrible cramps, so after the nurse gave me my meds I broke down crying. I'm guessing some of it was hormone related because I don't think the pain was tear worthy. It was rough, but after the pain meds and a 2 hour stretch of sleep I felt a lot better. I got another 2.5 hour stretch with her on my chest this morning, so hopefully that helps overall.

We are going to go home today! A big part of me wanted to stay until tkmorrkw, but I miss DS and he misses us. Plus my mom is exhausted I guess lol. I'm super excited to introduce them to each other!

17. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@bookwormmama: oh gosh sleeping in the hospital is nearly impossible...no wonder you've been struggling! Being at home will be so much better. Good luck!

@MrsStar: any more signs? Who's next?

18. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: I'm really hoping we get more sleep at home! She loves sleeping curled up on my chest and I've taken a few daytime naps with her on my chest. I just woke up from one!

My milk is definitely coming in...I never got
    super engorged with DS, so I'm hoping to have a similar experience, but I'm definitely starting to feel firmness that is getting slightly uncomfortable.

19. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: @bookwormmama: hospital sleeping is the worst! They're always like "make sure to rest and get some sleep" and then every 45 minutes someone is coming in to poke you or the baby!

I hope everyone is able to get some rest!

20. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@newlypregnantlady: exactly! How can anyone sleep with all those interruptions? @bookwormmama: I could never sleep with dd on me so I'm glad that's an option for now. Keep us posted on the transition home and the intro to ds!

21. Mrs.Hawk71

cherry / 172 posts

Just wanted to say congratulations to the few of you who have had your sweet little babies!! I've been terrible at posting but have been reading and following along! I'm 4 days away from due date and so far no signs of labor besides lots of lower pressure and some braxton hicks.... here's to hoping! Hope everyone is hanging in there.....

22. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: still pregnant at 40+5! Having some regular cramping at the moment but don't want to call them contractions just yet since there's no peak. But, he's going to be born some time soon, right? Right?!
    I was convinced this baby (#3) would be early but instead this is my longest pregnancy!

23. winniebee

@bookwormmama: the second full night is always the worst for us! I remember DS2 was awake wanting to nurse and farting all night on his second night. Hang in there!

24. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@MrsStar: hang in there...he will definitely be born soon. Have you discussed induction at All? My dd was born at 40+6 so I can empathize for sure!

25. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: nope, just trying some of the natural induction methods. We won't discuss induction until my 41 week appointment. I was induced with my first so I don't want to go down that route unless absolutely necessary. About to have a bath (at almost 1pm in the afternoon!) And see if these cramps continue through

26. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

Hello ladies,
    There's so much I have to catch up on so I just want to Congratulate any mums here with new babies first of all. I'll read back through the pages to find out exactly what's been happening.
    I've been silent because I went into premature labour at the end of March. With slight bleeding at 26+1 days gestation I was sent home from the hospital and told there was nothing to worry about so when it happened again the next day I assumed I'd be sent home again and these very minor bleeds would be just something I'd have to get used to in the third trimester. When the examined me that second time, they discovered I was already 4cm dilated and told me the baby would be born that day. In complete shock, I was given a steroid injection and wheeled up to the labour ward. We managed to hold on for a few days so my son was born on March 24th at 27wks gestation. We've had so many scares and a gruelling time in the final few weeks trying to convince the nurses that he was ready to be taken home. I ended up moving back into the hospital and breastfeeding him for two and a half weeks which was horrendous as I had to live in another part of the hospital but anyway we made it home at 35+6 weeks, and Gwilym (He was 'male infant' for 3 weeks as we hadn't gotten round to thinking about names yet!) weighed 1.86kg/4lb 1oz. It's been absolutely amazing being home with him and being reunited as a family and we've just taken our time trying to sort out a room for Gwilym. He is a little milk monster right now and is just guzzling every hour to 2 hours and now weighs 2.1kg/4lb 10oz.

It's been hugely emotional challenge but we're so grateful that Gwilym was discharged without any medical conditions or concerns, even after dealing with an infection,collapsed lung and a brain bleed. God is good. I'll try and attach a pic if I can.
    I've wanted to fill you all in a few times during our NICU journey but I forgot my hellobee password and was just too exhausted to spend the extra 2mns to reset it, sorry!

Love, brand new mama Tubbs xxx

27. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

And here he is now...

28. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Tubbs: congrats! So glad to hear he is doing so well! He is adorable

29. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@Tubbs: omg mama what a journey indeed. I'm so so relieved to hear he is safe in your arms and at home. Thanks for updating us and keep us posted on his and your progress at home.

30. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

I just caught up reading from page 24

Congratulations new mamas!

31. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@Tubbs: congratulations, he is beautiful! So glad all is going well after a scary start

Phew, first night home from hospital I must have had about an hour sleep. Got the room temperature and burping technique adjusted so last night was much better. My milk came in on day 3 this time vs day 7 (!) last time which is a major relief.

32. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Tubbs: so handsome!!!! So glad for a great outcome.

In hospital now, waiting for csec...

33. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@Tubbs: He is so adorable! I am so glad that he is doing well and you are all home!

34. winniebee

@Tubbs: wow you guys have been through so much already. I'm so glad to hear that he is doing well. Best wishes for a smooth road from here! He's so cute!

35. winniebee

@tequiero21: Good luck!!

36. winniebee

37 weeks! Had my weekly appt and am still 1.5 cm dilated but now 60% effaced and soft. He seems rather cozy in there...Group B positive which is annoying but nothing I can do about it.

37. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Tubbs: wow, what a scary beginning! I'm glad you guys made it through the NICU and are finally home together! He has gotten so big and is adorable!

@tequiero21: good luck, I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Can't wait to hear updates!

38. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@winniebee: @bookwormmama: thx ladies!

Had my baby girl at around 8 this morning. I think she's using me as her pacifier. Fourth baby and i still need a refresher lol. Finally can move and feel my legs. I think that's the worst part of having a csec.

39. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

We came home yesterday...we opted out of the 3rd day stay because I was healing so well and our son missed us. I was really worried he would be a handful and so I kinda wanted to stay the extra day, but my mom and DH convinced me it would be fine. Well yesterday went about as bad as I feared. DS loves his baby sister and was so excited to see her, but I wasn't worried about that aspect. He was insane though. Bouncing off the walls and wasnt listening to the boundaries we set up around me and the baby . He kept jumping on the couch and me and forgetting about being gentle, but not listening when we told him not to jump. I ended up in tears (I think a lot of it was hormones) because he was being so overwhelming. Then my dad and sisters showed up right
    In the middle of his craziness. I was super stressed and couldn't stop tears. Then P had an explosive poop up her back all over her take home outfit, haha. It helped lighten the mood a bit for me. DS had a rough bedtime, but slept fine. P did really great all night and slept in her bassinet a lot. I fell asleep nursing a ton though, so I didn't get as much good bed sleep, but we both slept a good chunk this morning. My feet have had a ton of swelling and last night after falling asleep in the chair nursing one foot got super swollen and uncomfortable. Luckily it went down a bit and is feeling better.

We all woke up in better moods and DS listened a ton better this morning. He kept asking his dad for his "Baby P" this morning and was so happy when we came out. She held his hand and the excitement on his face was the best thing to witness. I know we will have lots of ups and downs, but I am at least feeling better than last night ( I was regretting coming him early, which made me feel even more awful and upset). I feel so much more emotional than I remember feeling last time. But I'm also feeling a lot more cramps and stuff too, so maybe I'm just more sensitive to the hormones this time around.

40. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: I was GBS positive both times, but got to avoid the antibiotics this time because of my c/s. I hated the antibiotics last time...they burned! At least you have the end point with an induction date since this little guy seems like he's in it for the long haul compared to your others!

@tequiero21: congratulations! My RCS was so strange and different from last time! I walked in to the OR and got the spinal put in and it all felt so different from an epi with a spinal block. P used me as a paci all night the first night...until we gave her one at 4am because she didn't really want to nurse, she just wanted to suck on something! Thankfully I packed one because my hospital didn't have any to offer! Good luck with the rest of the day!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee