Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@bookwormmama: ugh sounds like a tough day but you have a good attitude and remember everything is a phase. I'm sure I'll be reaching out to you for advice on how to tackle the home transition with a toddler and newborn soon enough (ugh but it feels like i'm never giving birth! 39+1 today)
    @tequiero21: congrats on baby girl! thanks for the reminder...i'm putting a paci in my hospital bag! the ones they offered us when DD was born were totally not newborn-appropriate. I'm totally nervous about nursing a newborn again...there's so much holding and latching that will be foreign. Fingers crossed! Good luck with recovery and transitioning home. How many days will you stay?

2. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Tubbs: Oh my goodness - congratulations! You've been through so much and your little guy must be such a fighter! He looks so beautiful and healthy

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@tequiero21: Congratulations!

@bookwormmama: That sounds like a tough first day home Adding other children to the equation definitely makes some of the emotional stuff harder, in my experience - particularly with the hormones! Glad that things seem to be going better today

4. jape14

pear / 1586 posts

I have also been reading along but doing a terrible job of posting (so hard to do on a fast-moving thread like this one on my phone!!) but congratulations to all of the mamas with new ones who have arrived!!

@Tubbs: so glad to hear that you made it through the NICU and he is doing well!!

We are finishing up a major home renovation this week (finishing out our 3rd floor) and now I have 2-3 weeks to get the nursery together. I'm 38 weeks today - 1cm dilated but not effaced at all - so hopefully baby girl can stay put for a few more weeks like her big brother so I can knock out this to-do list!

5. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@tequiero21: Congratulations!

A couple days past the due date and getting very impatient over here. The arrival of mid-Atlantic summer is also making things very uncomfortable. Making myself a list of things I can do today to keep myself busy. Have a NST tomorrow to check that he's still doing ok in there, but maybe he'll make moves before then?

6. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

I have about 500 chigger bites and a rash. Up all night with it. If you don't know what a chigger bite is, google. Basically the most itchy type of bug bite ever. And they are all over my back and down my butt crack. I'm losing my mind.

7. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: oh my god, I'm so sorry!! I had a couple chigger bites as a kid, but I can't imagine that many and being 37 weeks pregnant. Ugh. I don't remember a lot about how you deal with it. Is there anything you can do for it? Or is it just wait it out? I hope you can find some relief asap!

8. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: @MrsF: the afternoons and evenings have definitely been harder, but better than that first night. He's great in the mornings, but my parents are still here and tend to come over in the afternoon, so I think he's looking for attention. They also take home out for an activity in the morning and he hasn't been getting great quiet times, so I think he's exhausted and just acting out because of it. I think once it's just the 4 of us he will calm down a bit. He's been very helpful with P in the mornings (getting diapers, giving her her paci) and he's always so excited to see her in the morning!

We have newborn/family photos this afternoon. Im nervous about getting us all ready and out the door in time haha! I'm really hoping DS does ok! I love our newborn pics from DS and I'm super excited to have some more full family photos!

@msmilkshake: last week was really hot by us and it made me pretty miserable, so being past your due date in the heat must be miserable! Sending labor vibes! Come on baby!

9. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@winniebee: omg you poor poor thing! I was just about to post that I've been up since 3 with a runny nose but I have no right to complain compared to that! There's got to be some anti-itch cream you can take? Or load up on Benadryl and take the morning to nap? Good luck!

10. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@BookWormMama: Thank you!

@winniebee: Oh no! That sounds so miserable! I hope you can find some relief.

11. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@jape14: I'm impressed that you're renovating at this point! I hope your baby girl stays put if that's what you'd like

@msmilkshake: Ugh - so hard with the heat! Good luck!

@winniebee: Oh my gosh that sounds like a nightmare Can you take some Benadryl at night at least?

12. winniebee

I had a little scare yesterday. I went in for an extra ultrasound b/c I feel like baby boy has been a little less active lately. He didn't score well on the ultrasound (looked good, but she couldn't get 3 big movements out of him and he wasn't doing practice breathing). So I got sent to L&D for monitoring. An NST, another ultrasound where he scored perfectly, and then another 2 hour NST and I was sent home. It was extremely stressful and I was in panic thinking something was wrong...it turned out okay in the end though. The hospital was also able to give me something stronger for my chigger bites/rash and today overall I'm feeling much better. I think I could've pushed for induction yesterday but I'm only 37 weeks, am barely dilated, and the rash just needs to be gone before baby boy arrives. Hopefully soon though...

13. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@winniebee: oh No! How scary! I'm thrilled for you everything worked out but still...

I had my 39 week appt yesterday and it looks like this baby is staying put for a while which is fine but I'm also soooo ready to get this show on the road. I was only 0.5cm dilated but 60% effaced.

14. jape14

pear / 1586 posts

@MrsF: I have thankfully not done any of the renovating myself beyond making decisions and online shopping! The timing of the project wasn't ideal but at least it's like 99% done now

@winniebee: sorry for the scare, but glad to hear everything is okay!

15. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: Oh my goodness you must have been terrified - I can't wait until this baby boy is in your arms, so I can't imaging how you feel! So glad that he's doing well and that you're more comfortable with the rash

@jape14: Still! I find that stuff so stressful even if I'm not doing any work

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: I hope things get moving for you soon!

17. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: oh I'm so sorry you had to deal with that scare! I'm glad everything worked out, but that is not something you need to deal with! I guess the medicine is a positive outcome from that scary situation! I'm glad it's feeling better!

18. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

P slept like a rock last night. I mean she still got up every couple hours to eat, but she would definitely make some or move around and end up back asleep. My DS would always wake up after a little peep or movement, so I have been getting up...only to realize she is still sound asleep! She slept an almost 4 hour stretch this morning!

We had newborn pics yesterday (and she was awake for half of them), so I wonder if she is just tired from all the excitement!

19. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@winniebee: so glad it turned out well. Haven't googled chigger bites yet but I don't think I want to! Hope it clears up soon!

@Mrs. Pajamas: goooood luck!

Ugh. My nipples are beyond sore. Like someone poked a knife and twisted it. I can see why people give it up. My baby is definitely a sucker. Milk finally came in this morning. Pretty quickly, prolly cuz she kept sucking like a champ.

20. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@bookwormmama: how'd the photo shoot go? Can't wait to cash in my Mother's Day present - family photo shoot. My hubby hates photoshoots so he offers them to me as presents lol. I'll take it!

21. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@tequiero21: nipple shields are a lifesaver

22. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@msmilkshake: good luck w nst!! Hope baby comes soon!

23. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@tequiero21: I think we got some good pictures! P was a breeze, but my DS was a big pain. We got some good pictures of him and baby girl, but once we started on the family ones, he stopped listening and kept running around like crazy. I couldn't do anything to control him because of my incision, so my husband was super frustrated by the end. They butt heads a lot and I'm usually able to step in and help alleviate the stress, but I physically can't right now, so they are both having a difficult time. They had to go out to the car and apparently my DS cried the whole time and wanted to try again, so we gave him a chance to come back in, but he just ran around again.

I had a feeling he was going to be difficult because the time was later afternoon and his afternoons have been rough. But our photographer was really understanding and sweet and tried to help corral him a bit since she knew I couldn't.

24. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@tequiero21: I use things called "nipple shells" they are hard and have air holes. They keep clothing off my nipples and help the air out after feedings. I wore them with DS too. They are kinda weird looking under clothing, but apparently they make silicone ones now that might look more natural!

Medela TheraShells Breast Shells https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006Q561G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Szuqzb93W4280

25. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

Baby was looking happy as a clam on the NST, I have another one on Friday and then they'll induce Sunday night if he hasn't made an entrance!

26. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@msmilkshake: glad everything looked good /!: congrats on having a definite end in sight!

@winniebee: I'm so glad everything looked alright! How scary!

DH was back at work this week. DS was up to 8 lbs 10 oz at his 2 week on Monday, and I was feeling pretty good about how I was handling the adjustment to three. Then I woke up this morning to both girls having thrown up, and my mom (who's local and would normally help) is at urgent care with a sinus infection this morning. DH is working from home and trying to help me keep the girls away from DS. Fingers crossed!

27. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: Glad you got some good sleep last night and that your photos went well!

@tequiero21: @bookwormmama: Another vote for the nipple shells! I had some damage on both sides in the beginning and one is taking a long time to heal but the shells have been great for keeping it away from touching anything - much more comfortable.

@msmilkshake: Glad the NST looked good!

@rattles: Oh what a nightmare! I'm already super anxious about DH going back to work on Monday but that would put me over the edge!

28. Mrs.Hawk71

cherry / 172 posts

Just checking in! Had my 40 week appt today and discovered my amniotic fluid is super high. (28cm) has anyone had any experience with this? Baby also didn't do well during the 25 min nst scan so I had an ultrasound done to check movement and fluids. That was good besides fluid. I'm just worried and can't wait for her to be here and healthy. We have a induction scheduled for Friday morning.

29. Mrs.Hawk71

cherry / 172 posts

@winniebee: Sounds like my morning today! Glad everything checked out ok. It's hard not to worry...

30. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@rattles: hope the girls are better soon!

@bookwormmama: @MrsF: thx ladies! Will check out!

I know I should be a pro at this, but now I'm thinking her latch isn't good...

I think we are decided on a name. I don't know if it fits her but my hubby didn't feel like our first daughters name fit her for awhile....

31. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsF: I was thinking of you when I woke up to it! At least we've had a little time to adjust before I had to reject C's request for snuggles!

@tequiero21: thanks! Is there a chance she has a tongue or lip tie? My first and third both did/do, and it can make it hard to get a deep enough latch. I agree about names, fwiw. I always have second thoughts about names once the baby is here, even when I know I love them and that they'll fit eventually.

32. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: I didn't have high fluid levels, but a girlfriend of mine did. Fwiw, she delivered a few weeks early but there were no complications and her LO was just fine!

33. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@winnie13: how are things since getting good home with the twins?

34. winniebee

@tequiero21: BF experiences vary so much from kid to kid. I hope you are feeling well!

35. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@bookwormmama: o man! I know how stressful it is to not be able to help your son. Poor baby. Thank goodness for an understanding photographer! Good tip too, book earlier sessions. My kids get beyond rowdy toward the afternoons because they refuse naps...

36. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: It's so hard worrying about all of this stuff. Wonderful that you'll have baby safe in your arms on Friday!

@tequiero21: Yeah - I feel like I should be a pro by now too (and everyone sort of acted like I should be in the hospital) but I still found myself on the phone with the hospital LC looking for advice about my wrecked nipples last week. As you know - early breastfeeding days are so hard

37. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@tequiero21: @MrsF: I'm so glad you both are being honest about breastfeeding this time. I had an awful time with dd that resolved itself eventually so I've been feeling super confident about it this time. But I'm glad to know I should still expect it to be hard. Ugh...

38. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: I think there's a learning curve with each baby - they've never done this before and your body still has to adapt each time. That being said, I had a much easier time with #2 than I did with #1 and I feel even more confident with #3. I know a lot more, including when to ask for help before things get bad! And having experienced breastfeeding a child who's got the hang of it when it's actually enjoyable makes it much easier to push through the newborn days.

39. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@MrsF: thanks that is reassuring. I definitely feel I know the real signs that things aren't going well this time but I won't beat myself up like I did the first time. I nursed dd to 22 months so I know I can do it. Still...it was really heart breaking those first 2 weeks and I never want to go through that again! Hope things are better with your older 2!

40. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@tequiero21: yup my son doesn't nap anymore either and the shoot was at the tail end of his usual rest time. I didn't really have a say in time because her shared studio had a busy week and there is a short time frame for newborn photos. Oh well! I wish it had gone smoother, but it wasn't terrible... and she got some good pictures!

@tequiero21: @MrsF: @Mrs. Pajamas: I've had some nipple damage and overall uncomfortableness I don't remember with DS. I keep worrying maybe she's not latching well or emptying the breast enough. But then I realize we came home much later with him than we did this time, so it's hard to remember some of the painful things I dealt with with him because I was in the hospital longer and had more help overall!

P had a weight check/first appointment yesterday and is already an ounce above birth weight! And our pediatrician felt her abdomen for the cyst and said she didn't feel anything significant...so it's possible it has resolved already! She still wants us to take her in for an ultrasound in a week or two. She has another appointment in two weeks and thankfully my in-laws will be here so they can watch DS!

@Mrs.Hawk71: Good luck tomorrow! I hope everything goes smoothly!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee