Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

I'm pretty torn on when to announce. I'd like to do it at Christmas but I'm fairly sure I'll be showing at Thanksgiving. I did just lose a bunch of weight so maybe I can just pretend I'm just gaining it back. But I'm pretty sure my SIL is pregnant and I'd like to annouce after her. She's been putting of TTC for school and has had some losses. So I'm not sure how to deal with that.

2. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@GreeneB2: Welcome! Congratulations And yes, I too also feel enormous (third kid here) - major bloating, I guess?

@combatlibby: We have sort of told people slowly. My sister got married last weekend and I was worried I would be a mess with morning sickness so we told my parents and siblings beforehand. We'll be with my husband's side of the family for Thanskgiving so I'm assuming we'll tell them then (at this rate I'm assuming I'll have a hard time hiding it by then). The rest of our family and good friends probably after 12 week ultrasound. I didn't say anything on social media until about 20 weeks with either of my kids and that felt right for us so I'll probably stick with that. We'll see!

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@YogiBeachWife: That wine label is adorable!

4. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@combatlibby: We will probably quietly share with close family at Thanksgiving. We should have our NT results before Thanksgiving, which I'm very thankful for. I do think it would be a challenge to hide it. I have a small frame, and I already can't fit into most of my normal clothes. I can't imagine that I won't be in maternity clothes by Christmas (or maybe even Thanksgiving).

5. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

How is everyone feeling?

I'm still feeling pretty terrible most days. I threw up the other day again and have been gagging most days. I think my nausea gets worse at night, but I'm starting to wonder if that is more heartburn and it just feels like nausea. I have been very tired too. We had family pictures at 9:30 this morning so I had to be up at 7...I have been sleeping in until 8:30-9 most weekends! I ended up taking a 1.5 hour nap today. I almost never nap because I have to do some independent contractor work during DS's naps, but I just needed the sleep today. I was falling asleep on the couch!

I have my ultrasound/appointment on Tuesday morning. I think I will probably ask about safe heartburn medications to see if that helps me feel better at night. DS is super excited to see the baby on the TV. I'm nervous something could go wrong, but less so than I was with my DS. I think it's because I feel so crummy...but it could just be that my mind has less time to dwell on those feelings...

I think the nausea is making this pregnancy drag. I feel useless, tired, sick, and crabby all day long because of it. It makes me kinda sad because I loved my first pregnancy and I'm wishing this one to go by faster

6. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

I feel like I've been pregnant forever and it's only been a week I feel ok just some mild nausea here and there and having terrible break outs. Also really out of breath when exercising and my uterus seems to have a very good memory and has puffed out immediately. My first ultrasound isn't for 2 more weeks - so long!

7. winniebee

@bookwormmama: pregnancy wit a. Toddler or toddlers is just not very pleasant. Life goes on there is no indulgence!

8. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: seriously! I feel like I've been pregnant for months and it's only been like 4,5 weeks since I found out.

I have been really out of breath too. I struggled with that a lot with my first pregnancy. Like I was 6 weeks and struggling to hold a conversation with people. I started taking Zyrtec again at 8 weeks and it helped. But it got really bad again at the halfway point, I was waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I couldn't breathe. It actually ended up being related to heartburn...so weird! Once I got on meds I generally felt so much better. I'm not sure if the same thing is happening with me now though, but I'm hoping heartburn meds help me overall.

9. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@bookwormmama: ugh, feels like I've known months too. I'm only 7 weeks! I feel sooo crappy. I can't wait to get out of the first trimester.

I have my first us two weeks from Wednesday, but sooo nervous. That was the week my first stopped growing.

10. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

I'm feeing pretty awful. I'm on Diclegis but still vomiting at least once a day. Plus the meds are $80 a month! And last time I had ms until about 22 weeks so I'm worried.

I'm still having trouble with water. I'm just forcing it down but it makes me feel so nauseated I have to just lay down. I feel so bad for my toddler. I'm actually glad she's pretty young, though, because I can just let her run around the apartments courtyard and that's tons of fun for her.

My husband and I know we want a lot of kids but pregnancy is so rough on me.

11. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: I hope the heartburn meds help and that your ultrasound goes well! So exciting that your DS will get to see the baby too

@winniebee: right? I think this is the first time that I've gotten a before 4 weeks and OMG it's taking forever!

@newlypregnantlady: I feel like the Diclegis isn't helping me at all but I can't stop taking it because what if it would be worse without it! Have you seen this coupon? There's a link on this page to a coupon that cuts it down to $40. Still not cheap, but better!
    https://www.diclegis.com/en/savings-and-resources/save-on-diclegis

12. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I feel like a first trimester zombie. I want to much to have a fun Halloween today (it's my birthday too!) but I'm so miserable Eight weeks today and it feels like about hundred years... First ultrasound on Wednesday so I'm hoping that if we see a healthy heartbeat at least my spirits will be up!

13. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@bookwormmama I too am feeling super crummy, very tired of almost throwing up on anyone/everyone near by.

I am so in awe of all of you with little ones at home, I'm struggling as it is, and I get to leave the children in my life at school. You rock!

@MrsF Happy Birthday! I hope the ultrasound goes well!

Happy Halloween everyone! Going to nurse some seltzer and hand out candy.

14. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@bookwormmama: still in the morning sickness fog over here. If I'm not throwing up then I'm lying on the couch. The tv is on all day everyday pretty much to keep the kids amused. I know this is all worth it but man is it tough to deal with when youre in the middle of it.

I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow (time is going both fast and slow for me) and I'm hoping my morning sickness will magically disappear at 12 weeks - it lasted until 26 weeks with my second
    This is our last baby so I'm definitely trying to make the most of this last pregnancy!

15. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@MrsStar: I know what you mean! Just this year I had this realization that I was finally starting to feel normal and like myself again. After a rough pregnancy, adjusting to being a mother and SAHM (and living on one salary) and moving, I had been under this survival cloud for a long time. Then this year the skies cleared and for some reason I was like, "okay time for another baby!"

@MrsF: thank you for the link! I'll check it out. You'd think my insurance would be more interested in a pill that will keep me out of the hospital!

One thing that's been amazing about ms is that the bond between my daughter and husband has gotten so much stronger. If he's home I basically don't exist to our daughter and I know he loves it. It's so special to see them really bonding because they're spending so much more time together.

16. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

We had our ultrasound and appointment today and everything looked great! Baby is measuring right on track (might have measured a day ahead) and the heartbeat was 173! Very similar to my DS's heart rate...it was always high! DS loved seeing the baby and the ultrasound tech even printed him his own picture to have

17. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: That's wonderful! Congratulations on a great appointment

18. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@bookwormmama Yay! How wonderful!

19. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

@bookwormmama: that's great news!
    I'm just feeling drained at the end of each day and just want to crawl into bed which means my marking piles of student books are just piling up 😔 I have to be thankful though as I've not had any nausea symptoms yet - just tiredness that almost floors me by 2pm each day.

20. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@bookwormmama: nice! So nervous about mine in two weeks!

21. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Tubbs: The exhaustion is insane. I'm in bed right now - most nights by 7:45 right after putting the kids down. I'm not getting anything done either!

22. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

After about a week of shock and surprise, I guess I'll be joining the June boards

EDD: June 26th

How far along: 6 W 1 D

First child? Nope! DS is 3.5 and DD will be one next week. Breathe, breathe.

First doctor appointment: Nov. 11th to POAS and confirm pregnancy (umm, it's #3, I know the drill) I'll make my first ultrasound and more in depth appointment after that.

Any symptoms so far? mild cramping and a little extra tired

Who have you told? Just DH so far, but my sister is coming to visit this weekend. I haven't decided if I'm going to tell her yet, but she'll definitely know something is up if I don't have wine with her.

23. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@JennyG: Congratulations! Welcome

24. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Just got back from my dating ultrasound. Baby measured exactly where I expected (8w2d) with a nice heartbeat I won't have my first appointment with the NP for another month because of Thanksgiving and then my NT scan is scheduled for 12/1.

25. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

Hi All!

EDD: June 30th

How far along: 5w 5d

First child? Nope - dd is 3 years old

First doctor appointment: Nov. 22nd. Can't come soon enough

Any symptoms so far? fatigue and swollen/tender boobs. Also more frequent bathroom breaks, especially at night

Who have you told? My husband and my mom.

26. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@MrsF: great news!

27. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

Super happy to finally join a due date board since joining hellobee!
    Location: Just moved home to the Bay Area, CA about a week ago (FYI moving across the country in the first tri with a 2 year old is not for the faint of heart!)

EDD: June 18th/20th

How far along: 7 W 1 D

First child? No! DD just turned 2 this past Friday

First doctor appointment: Had my dating ultrasound this past Friday. I go back for another one on the 18th

Any symptoms so far? OMG so f'n exhausted and starving all the time. It's a full time job to keep up with my hunger!

Who have you told? We did IVF so the IVF bees know, plus obviously DH, my parents and some friends who have been on this journey with me since the beginning.

28. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: Yay!!! So glad to see you on here! The exhaustion is pretty intense for me too!
    @BeatlesFan629: Congratulations!! So exciting! @bookwormmama: So glad to hear everything is looking good and measuring right on track!!!
    @msmilkshake: Tell me about it! I'm in awe of these mommies with little ones running all around! I feel bad for my kinders! I sit so much more now! The exhaustion is no joke!
    @JennyG: Yay! Congrats and welcome!!

Had my second u/s with the fertility doctor and I was officially released today! They are growing and look healthy and strong! We got to hear the heartbeats! It was the best sound in the entire world! Baby A was wiggling like crazy and Baby B was upside down!! It was just so cool!

29. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@JennyG @Beatlesfan629 @MrsPajamas Welcome!

@Tubbs Tell me about it! Report cards are due next week, no idea how that is going to get done.

@Winnie13 Right?? I'm like, guys I know we are in the midst of the post Halloween madness, but I NEED you to chill. Also, hooray for active twins!

30. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: Oh man. I can barely put one foot in front of the other right now. A cross-country move might have been the end of me! I bet you're glad that's behind you.

@Winnie13: Sounds like a great appointment! How far along are you? I didn't see any movement on my u/s today so I'm just curious.

31. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

Beatlesfan629: welcome! I know it's hard to wait for that first appointment. I just want to start the official process, meet the midwife team and finally talk to someone about the pregnancy properly. It will then feel real.

Jennieg: hope you can think of a excuse for refusing that wine this weekend if you do want to hold out longer on telling your sister. I know there's certain people I just can't lie to so I'm glad that school is so busy, I know I won't be scheduled to meet any of my friends until the very end of November. Good luck!

Mrs.pajamas: congratulations!! Hope the settling in/transition to CA will be easy after you've done the physical hard work of moving house.

Winnie13 & mrsf: so pleased the scans have shown exactly what you need to see - I'm so excited about hearing that heartbeat for the first time!! I think I'll be an emotional mess ha!

Msmilkahake; ah I hate how long it takes to write reports! I had a parents evening tonight which was quite 'full on' but at least it's just one night of extra work - reports take me way too long! It's hard because all colleagues moan about the stresses of 'pinch point' moments in the term when there are extra duties/responsibilities but I just want to shout out: "but I need to sleeeep!!" Good luck with getting everything done next week xxx

32. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@MrsF: I'm 8w4d! It was so funny because I was just reading to DH about how the babies are moving a lot now and we might see them move on the u/s! Baby B was not moving at all... I just knew the baby had been moving because baby was upside down! So, I think we were just lucky to see Baby A move! How far along are you?

33. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@Tubbs: I was an emotional mess!! I didn't sob like I did at the 1st apt., but there was a solid stream of tears when I heard those heartbeats!! When is your first apt. ?

34. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@JennyG: @BeatlesFan629: @Mrs. Pajamas: so excited for y'all!

@MrsF: thrilled to hear your scan went so well!

@Winnie13: how wonderful! I love that they're palling around in there!

35. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

I hope you guys don't mind, but I thought I'd take a stab at putting together a list of us all to make it easier to keep everyone straight. Feel free to edit or update!

June 2017 Mamas

June 3: Iced Tea (#2)
    June 6: GreeneB2 (#2), rattles (#3)
    June 7: MrsStar (#3)
    June 8: MsMilkshake (#1)
    June 9: NewlyPregnantLady (#2)
    June 10: Lilybean (#2), Tubbs (#1), Winnie13 (#1)
    June 12: MrsF (#3)
    June 13: BookwormMama (#2), MissKriss19 (#3)
    June 15: Mrs.Hawk71 (#2)
    June 17: Tequiero21 (#4)
    June 18: Kitty (#2)
    June 18/20: Mrs. Pajamas (#2)
    June 21: Mrs.Joy (#2), MrsT927 (#2)
    June 23: combatlibby (#2), math.nerd (#2), yogibeachwife (#1)
    June 26: JennyG (#3)
    June 30: Beatlesfan629 (#2)
    July 3: winniebee (#4)

36. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@rattles: Thank you for making the list! Love it!

37. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

@rattles: thank you! As I was writing my last post, I was thinking we def need a list! Helps to see who's done this all before and who are the newbies ☺
    @winnie13: 😀 I can imagine! My first appointment is on Tuesday - it's the 'booking appointment' so it's just to register, meet the midwife team, answer general health q's and get my info pack so i don't have a date for a scan yet. I can't wait to get some dates in my planner so can look forward to each milestone.

38. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Winnie13: I was 8w2d yesterday for the scan. We're right in it together

@rattles: thanks for the list - it's great to have such a big group

39. winniebee

@rattles: thank you!

40. winniebee

@BeatlesFan629: @Mrs. Pajamas: congratulations and welcome!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee