Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Iced Tea: That's such a horrible feeling And trying to feed the other kid(s) is brutal. Hopefully it's short lived this time!

@msmilkshake: Yay for a great ultrasound!

@Mrs.Hawk71: Congratulations! Welcome!

2. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@msmilkshake: congratulations on a great appointment and heartbeat! How exciting!

@Mrs.Hawk71: @Tubbs: Welcome and congrats!

@MrsF: Sorry to hear it's a tough week. I hope you feel better soon! If not, the unisom/B6 is helping with my nausea. Maybe it would help yours too?

Tough week over here... The girls are still sick, and I landed myself in the ER for stitches after my crockpot liner broke as I washed it. (Side note: I was washing it after trying to make a pork shoulder and finding the meat had gone rancid. Rotten meat, lots of blood...perfect for a queasy stomach ) I'll have stitches for 10 days and of course can only take Tylenol. But hey, no nerve damage, and my mom was able to meet me so my sick, pajama-ed kids didn't have to stay with me at the ER.

3. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

Hey ladies. Glad to see everyone's updates! I had my dating ultrasound and now I have a due date! June 9th, whoo! And I got to see the heartbeat, so exciting! I'm measuring 6w8d.

I feel seriously awful from morning sickness. I got a prescription for Diclegis but my insurance requires a special authorization and it's a whole issue that's making me exhausted. The B6 is definitely helping but I'm having a really tough time. I feel like such a bad mom to my 15 month old. My husband has been picking up so much slack, it's crazy.

And I've been so emotional! I literally cried yesterday because there were so many dishes. And while at a parenting class a fire alarm went off and the loudness of the alarms just had me wanting to cry! Ugh I forgot how changed i become while pregnant. I'm so glad it's Friday and I'll have help with the baby for two whole days.

Does anyone have a game plan for getting enough water? I'm finding it so difficult because I know dehydration makes ms worse, but drinking water makes me nauseated.

4. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@rattles: man that's rough about the ER! I'm notorious for breaking dishes in the sink so I'll have to remember to be extra careful.

I've actually got the crockpot going right now. It's the first time I've actually "cooked" in two weeks (I say "cooked" because I literally just poured BBQ sauce over frozen chicken and then turned on the machine, and made some rice).

Forget freezer meals for postpartum, I should have made freezer meals for morning sickness!

5. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@newlypregnantlady: congratulations! Glad the little one is growing perfectly! I try and make myself drink water in bed before I get up, and I'm finding seltzer (LaCroix) easier to drink in the afternoon. Colder seems easier as well.

6. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@newlypregnantlady: hey, that's totally cooking! I agree about wishing I had a freezer meal stash!

7. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@newlypregnantlady: My pregnant self hates plain water too. I do best with diluted juice (cranberry is currently working for me); full strength seems gross but diluted is working. Sometimes I mix in sparkling water instead of plain. And sometimes I can drink diluted ginger ale. In a previous pregnancy, weak tea was my go-to but it's unappealing this time.

I'm also using good ice from the grocery store, which helps make drinks a little more appealing. Hope you can find something to drink.

8. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@math.nerd Aww thanks! It is a great job, but not an easy one.

@Tubbs Welcome! So great to see you here!!

I am also all about the seltzer for water intake when normal water is not going to work out.

9. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: oh no! That sounds so awful. I hope the pain is getting a little better. Were they have to give you anything while they did the stitches? Or you just kinda had to deal with it?

@newlypregnantlady: I apparently have serious thirst issues during pregnancy. During my first one I was drinking like 150 oz a day and I wasn't getting more than an 1.5-2 hour stretches of sleep because I was peeing so much. My OB told me to drink more during the day, but it never helped because I just wanted more. What I did do though was put alarms for every two hours on my phone. I needed to finish my water bottle by those two hours. I was trying to get in 125 oz by 6pm I think so I would drink less at night. It didn't really help my overnight issues all that much, but maybe you could set them as reminders to drink water? I like the ideas of adding a little juice/doing seltzer waters. Or maybe add some fresh fruit? I have been so thirsty this past week and it's harder to remember to drink water, especially when I'm out with my son, so I might have to set the alarms again!

10. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@rattles: Oh that sounds like such a horrible week! I hope that your kids and your hand are both doing better and that things are looking up! And yeah - I might have to start taking some meds. Is the unisom making you exhausted?

@newlypregnantlady: Congratulations on the great ultrasound! The rest of your post I could have written myself I hope you're feeling better soon!

11. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Ugh you guys - I'm miserable right along with the rest of you. I'm just so nauseous 24/7. Not throwing up yet, but I'm sure that's just right around the corner. This has lasted until about 20 weeks with both of my kids - which is of course so depressing right now. I've been getting in to bed right after putting the kids to bed - so about 7:45 and am still exhausted all day long. My husband has been picking up all the slack so I'm just generally feeling like a bad mom, bad wife, etc.

I know that this is all worth it and a sibling is the best gift that I could gift to my kids, but it's hard to keep that in mind...

Thanks for listening!

12. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@MrsF: The unison and diclegis made me more tired for a few days, but after about a week, I don't feel any sleepiness at all after taking the pill; I'm taking the max dose (4 diclegis per day), and actually have more energy now that I feel less hungover. Haha. I would give it a try. Btw, it took about a week or more for me to see a big improvement in the nausea. The effects are cumulative, not immediate.

13. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@MrsF: I have let a lot of things go at home. I don't clean much. My LO watches Daniel in the mornings instead of us playing outside. My husband started pushing me to get a part-time nanny, so I asked if I was doing a bad job. He said he just thinks I should take a break because I'm making another human. Don't forget you're making another human. Be kind to yourself.

14. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: an alarm is a good idea. You just reminded me that I did that with my first pregnancy! I had to drink one quart by noon, and then a second one by 3pm. Then another before bed.

I'm going to drag my butt to the grocery store today and hopefully find some kind of beverage that doesn't taste weird and disgusting.

I'm also finding the B6 is helping with my ms but because I'm still fairly nauseated I'm having way more cravings. Right now I really want some tomato soup. And earlier this week I could not eat enough fried chicken. It's crazy how fast my cravings change.

With my first pregnancy I felt so awful all the time I never wanted to eat and would just choke down whatever my husband put in front of me.

I'm also down 5lbs which isn't much but isn't encouraging.

15. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@Iced Tea: my house is crazy right now. Just about the only thing that's clean is the toilet and that's because I sit in front of it all day! I'm in total survival mode.

16. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@newlypregnantlady: Survival mode is the right term, for sure. I just hope it ends sooner this time. It lasted until 23 weeks before.

17. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

Hi ladies, I guess I'll join

EDD: 18 June 17

How far along: 6 weeks

First child? 2nd. LO1 is 14 months

First doctor appointment: next week!

Any symptoms so far? Nausea just set in and I'm having some dizziness.

Who have you told? Just my husband.

Has anyone else had the dizziness/lightheadedness? I had low blood pressure and iron last time but didn't experience any actual feelings of dizziness. I can't decide if I need to eat more sugar, drink more water, start taking iron again, or something else? I'll ask my OB next week but it's caught me off guard a few times, especially being so early.

18. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@kitty Welcome to the group! I've head a little bit of dizziness, especially if I get up too fast.

I'm with everyone on feeling a little miserable, the nausea continues and I have all sorts of other delightful gastrointestinal symptoms. Then yesterday my husband got in a car accident. He's fine thank goodness, and I wasn't in the car, but we think that the car is probably totaled...which is causing no small amount of financial stress, ugh. I'm just so thankful he's fine, but oh my goodness. What a day.

19. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

I’ve been a little MIA and I totally blame it on exhaustion!! By the time I get home, I’m just completely zapped! I even went to bed around 8:30 the other night!!! Jeez!! I’ve still just been really nauseous and burpy (so gross). No real sickness yet, which I’m thankful for!

@MSMILKSHAKE: Aw, just precious!! It’s just so awesome when you can actually see it! It just makes it all feel so real! So scary about your husband and car! So glad he is ok and that you weren’t in the car!!

@TUBBS: Congratulations and welcome!! This is baby (well babies) number 1 (and 2…hehe) for us too!

@MRST927: I’ve been craving carbs bad too! That’s all I want when I’m not feeling sick!

@MRS.HAWK71: Congrats and welcome!! So exciting!

@NEWLYPREGNANTLADY: Aw, I’m so sorry you’re so sick! That’s just miserable! I totally understand about the exhaustion though! When I get home the last thing I want to do is cook!

@KITTY: Welcome and congrats! I’ve had 2 dizzy/lightheaded spells and that was really early on. I think right after 4 weeks. I haven’t had it since. They are pretty scary though! Definitely talk to your doc about it!

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Iced Tea: I'm glad that you got used to the diclegis after a while! I'm going to call my doc tomorrow and get a script for it. And yes - my house is a total mess too and my kids are watching too much TV too. You're absolutely right though - we're doing important work here!

@newlypregnantlady: I think I'm eating more this time too, even though I'm so nauseous. I lost a lot of weight last time but this time I'm not sure. It's like I always think that some magical craving that pops in to my head is going to make me feel better....

@kitty: Congratulations and welcome! I had some serious dizziness in the very beginning but that seems to have calmed down a bit.

@msmilkshake: Oh I'm so sorry about the car accident. Glad everyone is ok but still horrible.

21. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsF: I found it took two days to not feel like the unisom was knocking me out and five days to feel like I wasn't as nauseous and exhausted. I hope it works for you too. Be kind to yourself in the interim!
    @kitty: congratulations and welcome! I have had dizzy spells with all of my pregnancies. It was worse with my first, but I've had once or twice in the last few weeks.
    @msmilkshake: so sorry about the accident and extra stress! Glad to hear your husband is okay at least.

22. lilybean

coffee bean / 25 posts

EDD: June 10

How far along: 7w2d

First child? Second

First doctor appointment: First official appointment will be in November. I need to reschedule due to some insurance hiccups.

Any symptoms so far? Morning sickness that is managed with B6+Unisom. Fatigue. Moodiness. Bloating.

Who have you told? Basically everyone.

23. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@lilybean: Congrats and welcome!! I'm a Florida-bee too!!

24. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@lilybean: congratulations!

@rattles: thanks for the encouragement. Remind me how much you're taking? I know the dose varies and I think they probably didn't have me on enough to make a difference with my last pregnancy.

25. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsF: I'm taking one unisom at night and 50mg of B6 three times a day. I don't think it would have touched the nausea I had with my last pregnancy, but it's helping this go around!

@lilybean: congratulations and welcome!

26. lilybean

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Winnie13: @MrsF: @rattles: Thank you for the warm welcome I very much appreciate this sense of community.

27. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

@lilybean: a fellow June 10th mama! Welcome! X

28. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

A quick question: which doctors appointments/scans would you expect your other half to attend? My husband and I both work in schools and it's always tricky trying to request leave and arranging for supply cover but would he be able to be there for the first scan? I don't know what generally happens... thanks for those of you who have done this all before! X

29. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Tubbs: my husband came to every appointment for our first, but he worked in a building connected to the hospital I had my appointments at and his boss didn't mind if he walked over for 30-60 minutes every few weeks. I think this time he's just going to come to ones that will have an ultrasound (like the first, 12 weeks, 20 weeks and any others we might need). He's not as close to the hospital now, and we have a toddler this time, so he might take off work to watch him. We haven't made an official decision yet though. I would plan on having him come to the first because they ask a lot of health history questions and it would probably be easier if he were there. Also, he'll probably want to see the baby if you have an ultrasound!

@lilybean: congrats and welcome!

30. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Tubbs: With our first DH definitely came to every ultrasound, but I'm not sure if he came to any regular appointments. With #2 he came to the 12 week US and the anatomy scan. He is going to come to my first US next week, mostly because he's working late every night this week so he's due a late morning! I hope that he can come to the anatomy scan as well. He works really far away so it's hard for him to come but it's nice to both be able to see the baby and I like knowing that he would be there if any issues were found on the ultrasound.

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@bookwormmama: my DH will be coming to the first appt, and probably the anatomy scan. Basically only ultrasound appts!

32. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@kitty: @lilybean: welcome!

@Tubbs: my husband can't always come, but he tries to be there for the big ones. 12 weeks, 20 weeks.

33. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

Thanks! We might try for him to leave work 20mins early to come to the first meeting if he can get away with it without having to really explain why. He won't mind asking for time off work to attend the ultrasounds but it seems too early to have to tell our bosses yet! X

34. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

@bookwormmama: that must have been so nice to have him there at every stage of the journey!

35. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

@mrsf, mrsbrewer, tequier021; I'm only just getting my head around the timeline of ultrasounds so thanks for your advice. I have the first meeting with the midwifery team on Nov 8th so I suppose I'll get dates of future meetings/scans then and it will be easier to plan for. Best wishes for those of you with appointments in the next few days! X

36. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

So.... I think I may be out 😔 Before bed last night had some cramping and bright red blood. Still cramping overnight with blood. Calling the OB first thing.

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MrsBrewer: oh I'm so sorry I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best

38. Tubbs

olive / 67 posts

@mrsbrewer: so sorry that you have to worry - I really hope you get positive news and reassurance from your OB. Will be thinking of you over the next few hours! X

39. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsBrewer: Thinking of you!!

40. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

I'm not sure if I should join this thread or the July thread. But July hasn't been created yet, so...hi! My due date based on LMP is early July - historically, I deliver 2 weeks early so I probably would end up as a June mama anyways. We had a late term loss with our last pregnancy and I am terrified to do this again, but really want to bring a third child home with us, so trying to be strong.

EDD: 7/3

How far along: 4 weeks, 2 days

First child? 4th -- DS1 is 4.5, DS2 is 22 months, and DS3 we lost 18.5 weeks into our pregnancy.

First doctor appointment: 11/14 - getting in for a dating scan.

Any symptoms so far? Mild nausea, waking up to pee at night, and bad taste in mouth. All started a week ago!?

Who have you told? Husband, hellobee friends, and two loss moms I know in real life.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee