Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm kinda hoping boy again (lots of logistical positives, but I also think I would be totally happy with only boys), but I really have no idea. I wanted a boy when I was pregnant with DS, but I totally convinced myself he was a girl before my anatomy scan because I didn't want to be disappointed. DH's cousin used our girl name on his daughter born a couple months ago, and I absolutely loved it, so I'm a little broken hearted over that and hoping I don't have to find another girl name so closely to losing my old one. Someone said we should still use it, but they'd have the same first and last name and it is not super common, so it would be too weird for me!

2. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@Winnie13 I teach 3rd! I love them, but they sure do take it out of me.

@MrsStar That's so cool you got to see that! I am getting so anxious to have my appointment.

3. mrs.joy

apple seed / 1 posts

I'm a new Hellobee member, although I've read the blog for a while. I finally took the plunge to join--mostly so I could participate in this due date board. I'm looking forward to connecting with other June 2017 mamas!

EDD: June 21st

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? No, I have a 17 month old daughter already.

First doctor appointment: Scheduled for this Friday. With my last pregnancy, I had to take progesterone through the first trimester, so I’m going in early to determine if that will be the case this time as well. Sadly, my former OB is no longer in the area, so I’m going to be trying someone new. I'm hoping for a good fit!

Any symptoms so far? Mostly just lots of fatigue, which hasn’t been helped by the fact that I’m recovering from a cold and my daughter is in the throes of teething (canines!)

Who have you told? My husband and I looked at the pregnancy test results together...but no one else knows yet. We just found out yesterday, and we're hoping to share the news soon.

4. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsBrewer: 3 kids in, and I've yet to have a gut feeling about gender! It would be neat to have a little boy, but I would also be happy to have a whole mess of girls! We've always been Team Green in the past and we'll likely do the same this time.
    @mrs.joy: Welcome and congratulations!

I had my first ultrasound today, and the baby had a great little heartbeat of 152! I'm so relieved! I'm measuring almost a week behind, so my due date was pushed back to 6/6, and it's looking likely we'll really have a little June bug!

5. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@MrsF: Yay! That's so exciting!
    @MrsStar: So awesome you got to see the yolk sac!
    @rattles: That's amazing!! Congratulations!! @mrs.joy: Welcome and congrats!! So exciting!
    @msmilkshake: They really do! So much time and energy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
    @mrsbrewer: I truly would be thrilled with either, but I secretly would love a girl! I know DH would love a boy! We would really just love if it's one of each!

6. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@mrs.joy: welcome and congrats!
    @rattles: yay for good news!

We told DS tonight. I wrapped up some big brother/new baby books. He didn't seem all that excited until we handed him an apple seed and told him that was the same size as the baby...he carried it around saying it was "his baby"

7. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@rattles: Oh how exciting! Seeing the heart beat is so awesome

8. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: Too cute I'm so excited to tell my kids (probably not for a while though).

9. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: I would have ideally waited until my first appointment, but my DH really wanted to tell him. And it was kinda hard to keep the secret around him. We won't see any family/close friends until Thanksgiving since we live a state away from most of them, so we figured it would be "safe" to tell him now since he can't really blab to a lot of people!

10. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@rattles: yay!! I'm so looking forward to my first us!

@bookwormmama: I'm so dying to tell my daughter, but I know they will blab to everyone at school, church, etc lol.

11. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: that is just the sweetest! What a cutie!

12. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

Yay, first appt booked next Thursday. no us though. They do it week 7 or 8 for viability...

13. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@tequiero21: Mine will be at the end of week 7 - yay for the first appointment though!

14. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

Sorry for my absence; I haven't been feeling well. Welcome to all the new members!

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow (due date is June 3 now). Had the first ultrasound yesterday and saw the heartbeat! My daughter (19 months) pointed it out right away on the screen.

I've started Diclegis for severe nausea. I also have so many food aversions. It's sad. I'm sleeping like crap because I wake up at least once an hour all night long with waves of nausea. I can't wait to feel human again.

15. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Iced Tea: I'm so sorry about the nausea I was so sick with both of my kids that I just keep waiting for things to fall apart this time. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Wonderful news about the ultrasound and the heartbeat

16. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Iced Tea: yay for great us! Hope u feel better soon.

17. combatlibby

coffee bean / 45 posts

EDD: 6/23/17

First child? Second child. We have a 19mo son.

First doctor appointment: not scheduled yet, but my OB typically schedules for 10 weeks along. Right around Thanksgiving week.

Any symptoms so far? Nope. Just got my BFP without planning to even test today. Took four Wondfos then opted for the CB Advanced to check weeks. I had a false-positive last cycle, which was reflected in the CB weeks being 1-2 when they should've been 2-3 weeks.

Who have you told? My husband and my two friends that know we were TTC. They're both expecting, due in March and April.

18. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Iced Tea: congrats on he heartbeat! I hope the nausea lets up soon!

@combatlibby: congrats and welcome!

19. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@combatlibby: congratulations and welcome!

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Anyone else having insomnia? I don't remember this with my first two - definitely not in the very beginning. I have this memory of being to sleep so easily (the only good thing about the first tri for me).

My sister is getting married today, we've been looking forward to this day for SO long and I have hardly been able to sleep lately. I'm going to be working on 3 hours today

21. combatlibby

coffee bean / 45 posts

@MrsF: sorry about your lack of sleep. My friend is 10wks and going through the same thing. She has since hopped on the essentials oils wagon and is diffusing lavender. I had a lavender room spray when I was expecting my first, but then again I still slept pretty well without it. I hope you find relief somehow!

@icedtea: I have a 19mo as well!

22. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@combatlibby: yay welcome and congrats!!!

@MrsF: o no! Yeah it's been a lil hard to fall asleep. Hope you get some rest and bursts of energy! Congrats to your sister!

23. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@Iced Tea: So sorry you're so sick!! That's so exciting about the heartbeat! So cool!!
    @tequiero21: Yay for making an apt!! Hoping all goes well and you like this doc!
    @bookwormmama: That is so precious!
    @combatlibby: Yay!! Congrats!! So exciting!
    @MrsF: So sorry!! Hoping you can get some rest soon!! How did the wedding go??

I'm just counting down the days until my first U/S!! I'm just praying for a strong, healthy heartbeat! Wednesday can't come soon enough!

24. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Winnie13: I'm excited because I heard he was good and in nj, it's hard to find a good obgyn. I canNOT wait to hear whether u have twins.

25. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: I have had a few nights where I couldn't get to sleep. I'd be so tired/ready for bed, but then toss and turn for at least an hour, sometimes more. DS woke up the other night at 3am and I had trouble getting back to sleep. I randomly remembered that losing my phone in July meant losing my notes, including all my notes about DS's milestones that I never got around to putting in his baby book, which made my insomnia worse Maybe you can get a nap in before the ceremony/reception? I know how hard that can be with family weddings though. Good luck!
    @Iced Tea: sorry to hear about your nausea! Hopefully you can get it under control and then it passes quickly!
    @combatlibby: congrats and welcome!
    @Winnie13: I'm so excited for my appointment too! I still have to wait until November 1st though!

So how did everyone tell their DHs/older kids? I don't think we had this conversation and it's always fun to hear the different stories! I found out 9 dpo after DH had left for the gym/work already and was taking my son to the Crayola Experience for the first time with some extended family members that were visiting. One of the things you can do is create your own label for crayons. When my extended family was busy I secretly made a Big Brother crayon and after they left later in the day I had my son give it to DH. He was super surprised and happy! The crayon even has the date on it, which is really awesome to have!

26. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@MrsF: I have been having a really hard time getting to sleep. I've even been taking Unisom as part of my morning sickness routine and it's only helping a very little bit. I also really don't remember being so awake at night with my first pregnancy. I remember sleeping for like 12 hours a day.

27. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: that is such a cute crayon! I literally just texted a photo of my pregnancy test to my husband. He went into work early so on the day I got a positive he wasn't home!

28. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@bookwormmama: I wish I did something cute but I just showed him the wondfo and he didn't believe it. He finally believed it a few days later when I got the words pregnant.

29. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: that crayon is the cutest! What a fun and unique keepsake!
    @tequiero21: @newlypregnantlady: I just showed DH the test with my oldest. He still teases me about how shaky my voice sounded as I called for him by his nickname

This time the girls and I went to the store while DH was at work and picked up a copy of Jimmy Fallon's Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA. We left it on his dresser. I put them in "big sister" shirts (which he didn't notice). While changing, he found the book and thanked me for thinking of him. Then a few minutes later it was clear it clicked - he came back in holding the book with a big grin and asked, "really?!" When I confirmed, he yelled, "we're having a baby!" DD heard him and came running in to ask if God had put the baby in Mama's tummy now. (She's been asking for another baby for a while.)

30. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: haha that's great! I was going to put DS in a big brother shirt (I bought it a few months ago when we started trying), but while we were at the Crayola Experience I realized it would be so fun to give him the crayon, so I quickly made it with DS when no one was looking and hid it in my diaper bag, haha!

@tequiero21: if he had been home, I probably would have shown him the test ASAP too! It would be hard for me to keep/hide that secret for very long!

31. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@rattles: That's just precious!! @bookwormmama: I love that crayon! So cute!! @tequiero21: Thank you!! Me too!!

I had this cute idea to tell DH by putting a daddy onesie in a gift bag and giving him a gift "just because", but the whole IVF thing changed things a bit. I POAS and ran out of the bathroom screaming "it's a squinter!" 😂😂 The cuteness was thrown out the window when DH was looking at the stick under a flashlight! 😂😂

32. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

You guys all have such cute stories! We actually have a lot of hand-me-downs from family so my LO has worn "big sister" and "little sister" and "little brother" clothing a lot, even with her being an only child, LOL.

33. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@newlypregnantlady: most of my son's clothing are hand-me-downs from the family I used to nanny for. I always passed on the brother clothing...mainly because they were all "little brother" and there was no possible way for him to be a little brother...although I guess he could have worn it and we could have claimed our dog as his older brother

I think I am starting to get hit with waves of nausea. I feel like I have been sick all day today! I picked up some preggie pop drops today at Target...they actually helped a lot with my first pregnancy nausea (which was very minimal), so I am hoping they help this time too!

I feel like I have been pregnant forever! I feel like it's strange to just now have nausea, even though it seems to be right on track with "typical" timelines. It's hard to remember I'm not even 6 weeks! Anyone else feeling like that?

34. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@newlypregnantlady: I had never put DD2 in a big sis shirt, but it was a handmedown from her sister, which I think is why DH didn't think anything of it either, ha.

@bookwormmama: I definitely feel like that. I found out about this pregnancy earlier than my others, and since they pushed my due date back by a week, I've been 6 weeks for 2 weeks already! It feels ridiculous to have poas almost a month ago and to still only be 6 weeks.

35. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Winnie13: lol flashlight. That's hilarious. I was trying to look at all angles near the sunlight haha.

@newlypregnantlady: haha my kids have all worn hand me downs too.

@bookwormmama: I keep gagging and dry heaving. Munching helps. And drinking water.

36. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

For anyone that's suffering, I've had full blown morning sickness for about a week now and I started a Vitamin B6 and Unisom regiment this week and I think it's really helping a lot.

I had really bad ms with my first pregnancy and while I'm not working 12 hour days this time around, I do have a 15 month old. I'm actually semi-functional and able to eat foods. I even did a half-assed vacuum today!

37. math.nerd

apricot / 253 posts

Ok - I'm tentatively jumping in!

EDD: 6/23/17

First child? Second child. We have a 2.75 yo son.

First doctor appointment: not scheduled yet, but I should call my OB soon as I had complications with my first!

Any symptoms so far? Nope. Fingers crossed it stays that way!!!!

Who have you told? Just my partner in crime - my husband.

I'm totally freaked out. I mean, we were trying but it took over 18 months to get pregnant with my son. This was the first real shot. I had lots of complications with my little one and some serious and scary PPD. I just can't believe that I'm signing up for all of this again!!! I know it's the right thing for my family, but I'm plain terrified. On the other hand, I'm equally terrified that this one won't stick and then I'll feel guilty for not being more excited. UGH. Fun, right?

I'm excited to hear how excited you all are and I think it'll get me excited too! Congrats all!

38. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@combatlibby: @tequiero21: @Winnie13: @bookwormmama: Thanks ladies. The wedding went wonderfully and I did pretty well on adrenaline, despite not getting any sleep. I wish I could have had more than a few sips of champagne (particularly before my toast!) but oh well

39. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: that's adorable I woke my DH up to show him the test before I left for work... nothing cute this time! We haven't told our kids yet. My four year old is going to be blabbing everywhere so I'll wait until I want the world to know!

40. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: I've been pretty nauseous too. Snacking a lot or having hard candies has been helpful at this stage. And yes - it feels like forever. I can't believe I'm only 6 weeks today.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee