Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@Winnie13 Yay for another first time person! Congratulations!

@Tequiero21 Congratulations!

2. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'm queasy and a little lightheaded and I'm only 4+2. I had to stop my daily migraine meds cold turkey when I got my BFP though, so I think that might be making me feel a little sick.

3. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Winnie13: Congratulations! Welcome!

@tequiero21: Woohoo!

4. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@msmilkshake: @MrsF: thx ladies!

5. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

Hi everyone! Congrats to all the June '17 moms so far! I'm cautiously joining here as well! I was pretty active on my birth month board with my first son, but kinda stopped posting after he was born (although I still check in and read the boards on a regular basis). I have known since last Thursday, but I had the tiniest amount of pinkish spotting (just enough to see on the TP after wiping, but never any on a panty liner) on two different days (the last time was yesterday morning) which kinda worried me because I didn't have any spotting with my first pregnancy. But I took another test this morning and it was super dark so I'm hopeful that's a good sign and the spotting was just related to hormones/extra blood flow.

EDD: June 13th

How far along: 4 weeks 1 day

First child? Nope, my son was born March '14...he's just over 2.5 years old.

First doctor appointment: November 1st! Just a couple days before my birthday I have an ultrasound first and then my intake appointment will follow the ultrasound. It will be a new doctor/hospital since my son was born in Iowa and we moved to MN last year.

Any symptoms so far? I had a couple days of nausea and dizziness before my BFP. I have had some light nausea in the past week, but nothing terrible. I'm mainly feeling a lot of bloating and tired. I was really bloated with my son too and had minimal nausea, so I'm hoping I get lucky with this pregnancy! I have had some heartburn, which I had pretty bad with my first pregnancy as well. I showed really early with my first pregnancy, so I'm curious to see what happens with this one! I had a c section with my son, so I have also been feeling some pains in my scar, especially on the edges.

Who have you told? Just my husband. We are thinking about telling our son next week some time.

6. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@tequiero21: girl, I still don't understand how you had the time or energy to MAKE that 4th baby 😂 Good for you. Hahaha!
    (I'm being a creepy lurker).

7. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: welcome! Congratulations

8. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@SweetiePie: haha now that it happened, I think it's starting to hit us and we're like, it's going to be so hard going to the park with four! Or what are we going to do about car seat arrangements? What were we thinking?! Lol.

9. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome. I'm definitely excited to be here with you all... still in shock! I went in for my 2nd beta and it was 3,677!!! Thank you Lord! This is definitely getting real! U/S is officially 10/19!!
    @msmilkshake: Yes!! This whole first baby thing is quite exciting and overwhelming all at the same time!
    @tequiero21: It's really real when the digi says so!! So excited for you!
    @bookwormmama: Congratulations! So happy for you! I've had a bit of spotting too, and it totally wigged me out as well. I'm thinking it was a good thing though!

10. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: welcome and congrats! I've had spotting too, and my doc saw me earlier than usual to check my levels. If it continues and you're nervous, maybe give yours a call? All of your symptoms sound so promising though, so I bet everything is just fine!

11. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF : @rattles: @Winnie13: thanks ladies! Congrats to you all as well! DH has been googling the spotting and trying to reassure me. I know a lot of people deal with it, and every pregnancy is different, but it is hard to see when I never dealt with it last time! I haven't spotted for a couple days now I think, so I'm hopeful it's behind me. I really didn't see a lot at all, but any red can be scary to see! If it does get worse at all I might call to see someone. I don't really have an established OB yet since I've only lived in my current location for about a year, but hopefully they'd be willing to get me in to see anyone if I need it!

12. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: I basically had to go to a whole new practice because I just moved and they were pretty open to letting me see whoever.

But I'm not thrilled with the hours of this new practice (the last appt of the day is 3pm!). Plus it's a much larger practice. My last OB delivered 90% of his patient's babies and with this practice it's just luck of the draw. I'm kind of thinking of driving the 40 minutes to my old practice but I'm not sure if that's crazy or not.

And I scheduled my first ultrasound for 10/19! I'm excited!

13. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: @newlypregnantlady: I have a new doctor for this pregnancy too. We've moved to the burbs since my last baby, and that labor was so quick that I am worried I wouldn't make it downtown in time if this one went the same way. (Which of course probably means I'll be in labor for days this time )

14. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@rattles: you made me realize I should map out the different hospitals!

And the hospital that I delivered my first LO in is only like 6 minutes further away than the hospital my new practice uses. This is giving me a lot to think about! With my last pregnancy I switched mid pregnancy because I hated my OB (I felt like they were overcharging me). Then I found one I absolutely loved and I kind of want him to deliver my second baby. But all my drs appts would be pretty far away. And my new practice delivers in one of the best children's hospitals in my area. So I'm conflicted to say the least!

15. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@newlypregnantlady: I delivered my first son at a university hospital. I loved the care I got, but it was a luck of the draw on who delivered me. I actually got really lucky and one of my doctors did my c section because she was working that day. It the grand scheme of things it wasn't awful to have another doctor possibly deliver me, so I am going with a university hospital again. It will be interesting to see how different this one is!

@rattles: it kinda makes me sad I won't see the same doctor for this pregnancy because I loved my doc! But I'm also interested to see how things will change with a new doc!

We had a very interesting night...we are out of town and DS split his lip open, so we had to go to the ER and get his lip stitched up. It was actually at the hospital my son was born at so they had a lot of his information already, which was nice, but of course our first ER visit is while we are out of town! And the small/hot room made me feel super nauseous, so I'm freaking out about my baby and trying not to throw up. It was a long night!

16. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@rattles: Same thing here. I delivered both of my kids at the hospital where I work but I moved mid-pregnancy the last time and the distance definitely made things stressful! Luckily I didn't go into labor at rush hour but having to go in for NSTs every couple of days at the end made for a lot of driving. I'm changing my OB this time and will deliver at a closer, smaller hospital.

Looks like I won't meet the new OB until after 12 weeks though - I feel a little strange about that...

@bookwormmama: Oh man - that sounds like a rough night I hope your little one is feeling better!

17. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

Oh man I just got news my urine culture came back and I need to take antibiotics. So now I'll be super paranoid about thrush while I breastfeed my 14 month old. I guess luckily I'm totally asymptomatic for UTI?

Anyone have any advice? If I weren't pregnant I'd be downing Kombucha but I'm a little worried about the alcohol content (from what I understand it's about the same as a non-alcoholic beer). I do have tons of yogurt though, so me and the LO will be getting lots of probiotics.

18. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: thanks for the reassurance. In general I'm not too picky with doctors and I think if I have a fairly normal pregnancy I may try to stay with this new practice. Hopefully they're all nice.

Although I already seem to have absolutely astounded them all that I'm pregnant and nursing and am just going to listen to my body and LO1 when it comes to weaning. I'm totally open to tandem nursing but I know sore nipples can be a problem during pregnancy, so I'm also open to weaning if things get too uncomfortable. I feel like I'm being reasonable but they all seem weirdly uncomfortable with it. But maybe once I meet more of the doctors things will change.

19. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@newlypregnantlady: not the same, but I had to take antibiotics when I was nursing my twins and I pumped and dumped.. :T my only concern with tandem nursing is that babies are supposed to get colostrum... do the boobs know which to produce? I don't know... good luck with the new practice! I'm still trying to find one ugh.

20. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@newlypregnantlady: Sorry about the UTI! Glad you don't have any symptoms though! That's a plus!

@tequiero21: Hope you find one soon!

@bookwormmama: That just sounds awful! Hoping everyone (including mama) is doing better!

21. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

How's everyone doing/feeling?

22. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@newlypregnantlady: I had the same thing (symptomless UTI), and I finished my antibiotics today without any thrush! My DD is only nursing in the mornings though, and I don't know if that matters.

@Winnie13: I am so exhausted! I don't know if it's the pregnancy alone. I suspect the progesterone supplements are exacerbating the problem. No nausea yet, though it didn't start until 8 weeks with my last pregnancy.

23. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@rattles: Glad you managed to avoid thrush! What a pain.

@Winnie13: I'm exhausted - but I also worked overnight last night I've been queasy and tired in general though. I went this morning for a serum hcg and I guess they'll schedule an ultrasound based on the result - so anxiously awaiting that! How are you feeling?

24. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Winnie13: ugh still looking for an ob... getting a lil gaggy here and there but other than no period, no symptoms...

25. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Winnie13: woke up with some intense nausea today, it's currently 8.40am so I'm going to attempt to have breakfast so see if it helps.
    Have my first ultrasound later today! Will be finding out if I'm a May or June mama!

26. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsStar: how exciting! Keep us posted!

27. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@rattles: that's great to hear! I'm about 30% through with my pills. Did you do anything to prevent thrush? I've been eating yogurt and giving my LO probiotics.

@Winnie13: today is definitely my worst day so far. Bad nausea, headache, super tired. I feel so bad for my toddler, and she's such a sweetheart! She keeps bringing me books to read to her. Thank god DH is coming home fairly early today.

Last week I bought fish for us to eat for dinner and we need to eat it today! I'm already dreading the smell.

28. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@winnie13 I have had a rough couple days with the nausea and exhaustion. I'm an elementary school teacher and keeping up the energy/not vomiting on the little people is such a challenge haha.

29. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@rattles: Glad you're not having any nausea yet! The exhaustion is probably a mixture of both! Progesterone suppositories are pretty rough! I've been pretty blessed to have little to no symptoms on the PIO besides a literal pain in my butt! Lol! I'm about to switch to the gel (so over getting stuck in the booty every day), so I'm wondering if I'll have any other symptoms!

@MrsStar: Ugh, so sorry about the nausea! How did the u/a go? So exciting!

@MrsF: Did you get your HCG level back? Overnight?? What did you do? Pregnant and all nighters?? No wonder you're exauhsted!

@tequiero21: Sorry about the OB! Hoping you find one soon!! Still no good recommendations? Hoping the nausea stays away!

@newlypregnantlady: Ugh, so sorry!! That is just rough! So awesome DH coukd help you out today! What a sweet little pea! That's just precious!

@msmilkshake: No fun! I'm sorry! Hoping everyday isn't like that! What grade do you teach? I'm a K teacher and I just love it! We've had tons of hurricane days, so I haven't had a real full day with the exhaustion that's hit!

AFM, no symptoms really. I have some cramping, twinges, and pressure. Other than that... maybe some exhaustion (at the end of the day) and some waves of gas/nausea. As much as I don't want to be sick, a part of me wants to feel pregnant! It's hard for me to even believe I'm pregnant... especially with no "real" symptoms. I keep reminding myself though, totally blessed to not be sick!

30. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I'm feeling ok. Really tired. I try to take a nap everyday with my LO, even if it's just a quick 30 minutes. Other than that a little queasy, but not horrible.

31. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@newlypregnantlady: just yogurt parfaits for breakfast, but that was more coincidence than intentional, tbh. I hope the fish didn't make you nauseous!

@MrsF: overnight? You're a hero.

32. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Had my ultrasound! Not quite as far along as I thought (but have only had one period since my daughter was born 14 months ago so I wasn't sure about cycle length etc) but saw the yolk sack and measuring 5 weeks 5 days. Need to go back in about 10 days to check and get the due date then

33. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Winnie13: No results from the hcg yet. I think it will take a day or so for the labs to get to my dr's office and then they will contact me. And yeah - I'm a nurse in an ICU so I work overnight about 2x/month. Totally not fun while pregnant, but I got through it with both of my kids so I guess I will this time!

@MrsStar: That's exciting just that you got to see the yolk sack! I'm so eager to know that there's something there and this isn't in my mind

34. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@MrsStar: sooo jealous u got an us already!!! I really need to make an appt with someone.

35. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsStar: awesome! So it sounds like you will officially be a June mama?

Sorry I've been MIA...we were out of town over the weekend and I've been trying to get back into our normal schedule. I haven't had a ton of symptoms, but I have been feeling really run down the past couple days. It's hard to get moving and I just crash at night. I have also been really irritatable...every little thing drives me crazy! I also haven't had a very big appetite. Nothing sounds good to me and I feel like I can go a very long time without eating. It's the polar opposite of my first pregnancy! I ate all the time! But I am only 5 weeks and I remember being starving later in the first trimester so there's always time for things to change!

DS's lip is looking much better, but I did have to take him to the doctor yesterday because he (most likely) tore out a stitch a little early. Luckily he didn't need more stitches and there's no infection, so now we just wait for it to heal. I had to cancel family photos on Sunday because of his lip. Luckily I won a session with another photographer later this month, so we will still get pictures at least! Thanks for all the good thoughts! He's definitely not letting it slow him down!

36. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Alright for fun, what gender do you think your baby will be?

I have a DD, and this is my second pregnancy, so I think this one is a boy! Although DH is convinced that it's another girl! For the record though, he thinks we are only going to have girls hahaha.

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: Glad your DS is feeling better!

@MrsBrewer: I keep going back and forth! I've been saying that this baby will determine whether we are a crazy boy family or a family with one crazy boy (My daughter is cautious, verbal and princess loving while my son is sweet, and snuggly but very physical and definitely keeps us on our toes!!)

38. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I just got a call from my new OB's office that my bloodwork (hcg) came back good! I don't know the actual number but it was enough for them to schedule me for an ultrasound at the end of week 7 (10/28). I'm so excited!

The woman who called was very nice and repeatedly encouraged me to call any time, day or night with any concerns. I always feel kind of silly calling in the first trimester - I mean it's not like they could actually do anything if something were wrong - so I thought was really nice of them to emphasize that.

39. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@bookwormmama: glad your sons lip is better! How fortuitous that u won a session w another photographer!

@MrsBrewer: I predict a girl for me!

@MrsF: woo hoo! I really need to book an apt... well, find a doc!

40. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@bookwormmama: looking like EDD is June 8 so definitely a June mama! Will get it confirmed when I go back for a follow up ultrasound (which I should be 7 weeks 5 days then)

@MrsBrewer: I have no idea on gender so far! We have 2 girls already so I don't mind which we get. Hopefully my gut feeling will kick in soon so I can predict

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee