Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 moms!

1. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@trixi: Wow, Congratulations!! That’s crazy how quickly your labor progressed and I’m glad you were able to make it to the hospital!

@nwm: Looking forward to hearing an update from you soon!

Baby B and I are doing well. I can’t believe she’s going to be 2 weeks old tomorrow! We had a weight check at the pediatrician’s office this morning and she’s back to her birth weight which was great news! She’s been getting longer stretches of sleep at night, which her parents appreciate. Hope all the other mamas are doing well too!

June Mamas
    Babies Welcomed:
    5/31 - Csross217 (#2) Baby C
    6/1 - Ms. RV (#2) Baby G
    6/7 - Sunflowerbee (#1) Baby B
    6/19 - Trixi (#2)

Due Dates:
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

2. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@nwm checking on you and sending you good vibes!

3. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: thanks!! Nothing happening yet. My blood pressure was a bit high at the doc yesterday but all my blood work was normal. I go in for another blood pressure check Monday. In the meantime I felt super nauseous for a few hours today and I really hope that’s a sign things are moving along! Hope you and little girl and fam are doing great!

4. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@trixi: Congrats!!!!! So happy for you!! and glad you made it to the hospital in time that was one of my greatest fears this time around! Hope all is well!

@nwm: Thinking of you! I'm sorry you're feeling nauseous but I hope it's a sign that things are progressing!! Keep us updated!

5. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

well ladies, went in for a blood pressure check yesterday and was dilated 4-5cm (and bp was normal thankfully)!! the doctor did a membrane sweep, i ate a bunch of spicy noodles and walked around a bunch...and here i still am! just trying to balance my extreme impatience and anxiety against my desire to let this little girl come in her own time and have faith in the process working by itself (setting the membrane sweep aside). my son was late, i was late, my sister was late...there should really be no surprise i'm late again! the doctor did say given how dilated i already am i have the option to induce basically anytime...my next appointment is thursday morning, so i think if she hasn't come by then i'm going to pull the eject button and go for an induction. i want this little lady here before june is over!

hope you all & your babes are doing great!

6. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@nwm I’ve wondered about you and checked the board a few times to see if you had baby news! The first membrane sweep didn’t work for me either but that second one sure did! Maybe doc will do it again for you Thursday and then also schedule induction? Can’t hurt right!!!
    You will have a baby in your arms before you know it, but I totally get the anxiety and impatience!! Well all be watching for an update. Sometimes when you schedule the induction baby gets word and comes on their own!!

7. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: Let us know how your appointment goes today! Fingers crossed for you and I hope you get some newborn snuggles very soon

8. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@nwm we are going to take the silence as a really good thing! We hope you are finally getting your new baby snuggles. Update us when you can!

Other new June mamas..anyone breastfeeding break out their pump yet? I feel like it’s so early ( LO is 10 days old) but my parents will be visiting this weekend while husband goes to a family wedding and I’m thinking I need to do a big grocery run...feeling like I am gonna need to pump a bottle already to leave behind so I’m not as anxious about leaving her. When did you start pumping on top of bf-ing?

9. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

Yes, Baby A is here!! She was induced last evening (doctor went to strip my membranes again and said “there’s nothing left to strip!”) although I was already starting contractions naturally. She came super fast and only missed sharing my birthday by 2 hours! We are so glad she’s here!

10. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Congratulations!! So glad to hear that your baby girl is here! Glad it was a quick delivery and happy belated birthday to you too!

@trixi: I pumped for the first time a couple days ago just to practice using my pump for the first time. DH fed DD her first bottle and it went well! I’m also curious about how other moms are incorporating pumping with breastfeeding to build a stash or have bottles so others can feed the baby. Do you pump after LO feeds? How many times a day do you plan to pump? DD seems to be going through a growth spurt at 3 weeks old so I’m curious how and when to start pumping throughout the day.

June Mamas

5/31 - Csross217 (#2) Baby C
    6/1 - Ms. RV (#2) Baby G
    6/7 - Sunflowerbee (#1) Baby B
    6/19 - Trixi (#2)
    6/28 - Nwm (#2) Baby A

11. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: Congratulations!!!!!! I'm so happy that Baby A is finally here!!

@trixi: I'm going to break out my pump soon. Last time, we fed DD her first bottle when she was about a month old. I was worried about nipple confusion since BFing wasn't coming easy for us. This time around, DS is nursing like a champ and I'm sure I could have given him a bottle before now.

@sunflowerbee: I'm going to start pumping to build up a freezer stash before I go back to work. My plan is to pump once a day after DS nurses. That was enough last time, but we'll see what my production is like this time around! I might need to do it after 2 or 3 feeds.

DS is 1 month old today!

12. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

Congrats @nwm !!!

@sunflowerbee I pumped today for first time. I fed lo then put her down for a morning snooze and took a long shower. Pumped for about 15 min after that. I knew LO would probably be good for at least 2-3 hours so I pumped in between that stretch. I got about 3 oz so I think that’s plenty fo have on hand for me to run errands tomorrow. I will probably incorporate pumping once or twice a day once LO gets on a better schedule and start a small freezer stash. I don’t want to be connected to my baby plus the pump so I’m going to try not to stress. I don’t want a deep freeze full of milk but would like to have enough to get out of the house here and there!! I’m already feeling cabin fever.

13. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Now that all the June babies are here, how is everyone doing?

DS is 5 weeks old now, and is so, so, so much easier than his sister was at this age. I was fully prepared for another colicky baby, but he's just very laid back. He's eating and sleeping amazingly well, which is so nice after struggling for so long with DD.

As for me, I had pretty severe PPD/PPA last time around so I'm keeping a close eye on it. I've had a little bit of the baby blues/irritability, and am nervous about DH going back to work next week, but I think I'll be ok this time around without meds.

On another note, we're doing the 3 day potty training bootcamp with DD this weekend! We stocked up on juice, treats, and big girl panties. Wish us luck.....

14. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@csross217: so glad to hear DS is easier at 5 weeks! I remember that being a real low point for my DS so that is a true test. Hope you continue to keep the PPA and PPD at bag too. DD is just over a week old now. For me, the first few days definitely felt easier than the last time, but it has been a rude reminder how hard breastfeeding is...after a few days of sore nipples, working constantly to get my supply up, pumping, supplementing, etc., it definitely started to wear on me. I think we’ve started to turn a corner though and the pain is a lot better so I’m hoping we continue on a positive trend.

Good luck on the potty training, report back how it goes!! I have been considering doing this with DS in a couple weeks.

15. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: I'm glad to hear bfing is getting easier! I totally forgot how painful it was in the beginning. DS had a crazy strong latch right in the beginning that tore me up, plus engorgement was super super painful this time. Things are much better now though!

I'm sure I'm going to jinx it, but potty training is going awesome! We are doing the oh crap method and we've had very few accidents and even took a trip to the store yesterday. She's been dry for naps and even woke up dry this morning!

16. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@csross217: i just want to send you my heartfelt kudos--LO1 has been super resistant to the notion of potty training so i think i may flake out on trying to do it. i just don't think i can handle a major battle while we're trying to get on track with just managing two kids at once!

how is everyone doing? admittedly we are using a baby nurse M-F and my mom has come to stay with us M-F as well, and that has been SO helpful. things feel a lot more manageable now...although i have trouble seeing how exactly we get from here to somehow being able to handle these two on a 2:2 or 1:2 basis : ) hope everyone else is adjusting well!

17. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: Potty training went great! She caught on very quickly and we've only had a few accidents.

Things are going well here. DS is already almost 14 pounds! He has his 2 month appointment today. DH is back at work, which has been difficult since he works 12 hour shifts. I'm trying to find time to get out of the house and do things for myself, but that's been hard. My mom is helping out some when she can.

How is sleep going for everyone? DS sleeps great at night, a 5-6 hour chunk, but his naps only last about 20-30 min during the day we went through this with DD too and I know they'll lengthen on their own in a while, but I feel like all I do all day is try to get him to sleep...

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee