Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 moms!

1. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@trixi: Congrats on already being dilated and effaced! It sounds like you're making good progress!

@csross217: Keep us posted on how your appointment goes on Thursday!

I have my 39 week appointment tonight and it's our final doctor's appointment, which is so crazy! I wasn't dilated or effaced last week so I'm hoping that baby has made some progress. My doctor said the head was higher up than he would've liked it to be at my appointment last week and he could actually push up on it and bounce it, which definitely did not feel good! I'll update you guys on how tonight's appointment goes!

I've also been battling a cold for the past 5 days that my lovely coworkers passed on to me, so I'm ok if baby wants to continue cooking for a few more days so I can hopefully beat this cold and get my strength up. Being sick and 9 months pregnant has definitely not been fun, especially when it comes to sleeping.

2. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: wow, that is crazy! that is a lot of progress! i go in for my 36 week appointment today, but not holding out a lot of hope that i have made any progress (and a kind coworker last week commented that i am still carrying high, which, thanks for that). much as i am getting very ready to not be pregnant anymore, i am happy for baby to keep cooking for a few weeks more so we can get ready and she can hopefully get bigger (and thus, hopefully, less fussy

@csross217: um--membrane sweep without telling you?! eesh! keep us posted on thursday. i did not have a membrane sweep last time even though i made it to 40+4, i'm honestly not even sure if my practice engages in them vs. just scheduling inductions when they think you've gone too long. do they hurt? i realize this is a silly thing to say when you're about to give birth, but they seem pretty invasive.

@sunflowerbee: wow you are getting so close! hope you have had some progress but not too much so you can get a few more days of rest!!

i actually had work slow down considerably last week and realized that a lot of my pregnancy fatigue issues were caused by...lack of sleep. duh. glad i am having a little time to catch up before the real sleep deprivation kicks in.

3. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@sunflowerbee everything can change in a day so don't get too frustrated! Let us know how it goes this week.

I also woke up with a sore throat today and a stuffy nose. LO was stuffy all weekend so I'm sure I caught it from him. Summer colds are the worst, especially super pregnant. I agree I need a few days to feel like myself again before baby comes! Go away cold.

4. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@csross217: I meant to comment that that's crazy that they did a membrane sweep without telling you! I asked my doctor about them and he said he doesn't typically like to do them because he knows they're uncomfortable and there's not definite research if they'll actually help. His practice would rather schedule you for an induction date at 41 weeks, to at least have the date on paper, and then hopefully you'll give birth before the induction date.

@nwm: I've also had a ton of coworkers (and my MIL) tell me that I'm still carrying pretty high. My doctor said that he's delivered 15,000+ babies and the only way to tell if the baby has dropped is to do an internal exam so everyone commenting on the location of your belly are full of it, haha.

@trixi: Thanks for the reassurance! Yes, I've heard that you can not be dilated at your appointment and then go into labor and quickly dilate that night or the next day! I just wish baby would RSVP on when he/she plans to arrive so I know how to plan, but everyone keeps telling me it doesn't work that way, haha.

Oh no, so sorry to hear that you're under the weather too. I totally agree that summer colds do suck and adding pregnancy on top of it sucks even more. I hope you feel better soon too! And happy belated birthday too!

5. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

So many appointments coming up! I can't wait to hear from everyone how they go! It's so crazy that we're all finally at the end

@sunflowerbee: Ugh, let's hope baby holds off until you recover from your cold!!! I had them back to back all winter, and had nightmares about pushing out a baby while having a head cold

@nwm: Yes, he didn't tell me he did it until afterward... I was pretty upset. He was a visiting doc and my practice doesn't usually do sweeps until 39 weeks so I was not expecting it! I wouldn't say it hurt (since I didn't know it happened), just felt uncomfortable like a normal cervical check. I already told my doctor that I don't want one this time unless I ask!

I was SURE that I would have made progress at my last appointment since baby boy is really, really low and I've been having crazy uncomfortable BH for the last few weeks. I had DD at 38+4 so I guess I'm just anticipating that I'll be earlier this time!

6. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

done with my appointment! really pleased because baby is measuring at 30th percentile now (i'm increasingly convinced it's all about who is doing the sonogram, but i'll take it), still head down (DS had flipped breech around this time last pregnancy), otherwise doing really well. i'm 2cm dilated but the doctor confirmed the baby is still pretty high. she said that if i went 40 weeks last time, i probably will go 40 weeks this time, but also said "we usually tell second timers to be ready anytime" so not a lot of useful predictive information, haha! i'm just glad everything's looking good with the little one!

7. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Glad to hear your appointment went well and that's great that you're already 2 cm dilated!

My appointment went well last night. I'm still not dilated but I am 50% effaced, so making progress. My doctor discussed needing an induction and possibly needing to start cervidil the night before the induction if I'm not dilated to help open my cervix. He said I can come in on Monday, my due date, and have my cervix checked 1 final time to see if I'll be dilated, so I made an appointment for Monday.

Do any of you STM have experience with cervidil or inductions? Any tips or advice?

8. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: that sounds like good progress! will they induce you if you are not dilated more by your due date, or wait a little longer?

i was induced because my labor started with my water breaking, and it was pretty yellow with meconium (though i think they follow the same protocol for water breaking either way). so i went right into the hospital and they started the process with cervidil. i don't remember it having much noticeable effect, although i think they may have told me i went from zero to at least some contractions on the monitor. i mostly just watched a movie and tried to sleep. then they started with pitocin, and after an hour or so on that i was definitely feeling the contractions.

i went in open to an epidural but thinking i would go for as long as possible without one. i started throwing up at one point and ultimately decided to go for the epidural and i'm so glad that i did. i did have to push for a long time but honestly i just felt so much better after the epidural that i didn't even mind. my son seemed to get a little bit stuck because of the shape of my pelvis, but ultimately was born the first time the doctor used a little vacuum to help pull him out (the more modern equivalent of the forceps), although she claimed she barely needed to use it at all.

it's hard to know exactly what effect the induction medication had on the whole process (except, obviously it kickstarted contractions!), and whether i would have needed the epidural or pushed for as long without being induced, but overall i had a very good experience. i was in labor for about 15 hours, only probably 8 or 9 of which were uncomfortable (maybe less), and was able to have a vaginal birth, which was my chief goal. so i wouldn't necessarily say that i have tips, but i think it can be a very helpful option! i managed to avoid some of the risks of induction that my birth class video warned about but i don't think any of that was under my control

9. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: They'll induce me if I go about a week past my due date. I also found out last night that they don't do inductions on the weekends. Depending on my progress at Monday's upcoming appointment, they'll let me know when they'd like me to schedule the induction.

Thanks so much for sharing your induction birth story! It sounds like it was a very positive experience and it's great that you were able to have a vaginal birth.

10. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: i did kind of write a novel, didn't i?! sorry about that. hope it's helpful. sounds like you have a good plan in place.

11. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

Well, another thing off my list, I just ordered my breast pump. My best friend had her baby this morning (3 days before her due date) and although I'm not due til June 22...I am feeling like I better get my butt in gear! I went with the Spectra 2 this time. I had a Medela last time with no complaints and do still have it up in the closet, my coworker said she had the same with her first, and has the spectra 2 this time and loves it more--and she pumps for over a year, so I figured her suggestion could be trusted. I did a bit of google-ing and then just ordered it. I'm tired of researching

Did you guys order pumps?

12. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@trixi: I LOVE my Spectra! They are really, really quiet and I never had any issues with suction, etc. I had a Spectra 2 with DD and pumped 3x a day for 14 months. This time I got the new model that has the option of being battery powered. I'm in the car a lot for work, so it'll be nice to be able to use either power source.

13. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

So, things might be happening Woke up at 2:30 this morning with some mild contractions. At my regular appointment at 9 AM I was 2 cm and 50% effaced. Contractions have been getting stronger all day and I'm currently in L&D for monitoring! Waiting for the doctor to see if I've made any more progress.....

14. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@csross217: Wow, that's really exciting! Keep us posted on your progress. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

15. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@csross217 WOOHOO! baby time! speedy and safe delivery vibes headed your way!!

16. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@csross217: oh my gosh!!! exciting! good luck & keep us posted!

17. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Connor is here! Born at 10:04pm last night with a little help from the vacuum. He weighs 9 lbs 3 oz at 37w3d Such a little sweetheart and nursing like a champ!

18. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@csross217: Congratulations!!! So glad to hear Connor arrived safely! And wow that’s a good sized baby!

19. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

WOW mama great work!!! Congratulations!!! Guess you are just under the wire to be a May mama after all

20. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

Welcome baby Connor! Congrats!! @csross217

Everyone else get excited today is June 1st....BABY MONTH!

21. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@trixi: I can't believe it's officially June and time for all these babies to be born!!

@Ms. RV: I wanted to check in to see how you're doing and feeling? Hope all is well!

June Mamas

Babies Welcomed:
    5/31 - Csross217 (#2) Baby Connor

Due Dates:
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/22 - Trixi (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

22. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@sunflowerbee: Thanks for thinking of me! Currently being induced. I forgot how boring labor is!
    @csross217: Congratulations!

23. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@Ms. RV Good luck with everything! We'll all be sending you good thoughts!

24. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: good luck to you!!! hope everything goes super smoothly. we'd love to hear when little guy gets here & how you are both doing

25. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: That's so exciting and best of luck!! Can't wait for your update on your baby boy!

26. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Baby G arrived last night. He has been transferred to the other hospital where they are continuing to evaluate him. They report he is pink and feisty. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will get discharged today. I lost a little extra blood and I can't empty my bladder.

27. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Ms. RV: Congratulations!! I'm so sorry that you're stuck in the hospital for a little while longer sending positive vibes to you and Baby G!!

28. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: Congratulations on Baby G!! I hope you’ll be discharged soon and will be sending good thoughts for your new little one!

29. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

June Mamas

Babies Welcomed:
    5/31 - Csross217 (#2) Baby Connor
    6/1 - Ms. RV (#2) Baby G

Due Dates:
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/22 - Trixi (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

30. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: congratulations!!! Welcome baby! Pink and feisty sounds like a fantastic report hope all is well with you and you can get out soon.

31. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

We are home and settling in! Baby C has been napping and eating well, and up about every 1.5 hours at night (though he did give us a 3 hour stretch early this morning!).

DD is doing so well with him, her first words when she saw him at the hospital were "My baby brother! I love youuuuuu!" She's being so gentle and loves to sit next to him and hold his hand

32. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@csross217: so glad to hear you guys are settling in so well! Have had a weekend full of more final prep and starting to feel butterflies that we’re going to have another baby around soon.

That is literally my dream scenario for the first sibling meeting so sweet!!! Great job big sis!

33. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: hope you and los are doing well! Sending you good thoughts!

34. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@csross217 Such a sweet memory! Better write that down in the baby book!
    2 June babies here...3 more to go! yay!

Had my 37 week check Friday, I am at a 3 now and still at 80%...DR said she will probably see me at my 38 week appt. These last few weeks are gonna be full of anxiety and waiting!

35. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@csross217: Aww that's a perfect first sibling interaction! I agree that you should definitely document that. Glad to hear you're settling in and back home.

@Ms. RV: I hope you and Baby G are both doing well!

@nwm: Sounds like you had a productive weekend prepping for baby. She'll be here before you know it!

@trixi: Glad to hear your appointment went well and congrats on the further progress!

Welp, today is officially my due date...and still no sign of baby. I know of 3 babies that were born over the weekend (in addition to the 2 in our group!) that were all due after me. I am more than ready to meet our LO but I'm convinced he/she just doesn't want to come out! I have a final doctor's appointment today to do one more internal cervix exam to check to see if I'm dilated or not and then discuss scheduling my induction. Either baby will come on its own or it'll be here by this weekend. My DH and I enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home and realized it was our last weekend before we become parents!!

36. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@sunflowerbee
    Girl I was in the same boat with my first, everyone was having their babies and I was sitting there pregnant for 5 days over my due date. It stinks and it's frustrating. I am preparing myself to be there again even though I'm dilated, never know.
    Baby will come out ONE day, just stinks that you can't be in control. Let us know how your apt goes today. Sometimes when they set an induction date, baby finally comes the day before! that's what happened to me!!

37. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@trixi: Haha thanks for being able to relate with your first baby! When I complain that the baby's never going to come out, my DH reminds me that it HAS to come out at some point, haha. I really wish these babies would be kind enough to RSVP on when they expect they'll arrive. Yes, I'm hoping that having an induction date scheduled will kick baby into gear!!

38. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: @trixi: same! by the time i got to my due date last time around i was D-O-N-E. i had said i would work right up to the end, but i decided on my due date i couldn't work one second longer and just announced i was out on leave (luckily after a three day weekend he showed up on the next biz day and i actually did make to "the end" technically after all!). i feel your pain. hopefully at least knowing the baby will be here before induction will help you know the wait won't be endless, which it somehow feels. let us know how appt tonight goes!

i thought after that i was doing a better job setting mental expectations for this pregnancy, but i will tell you that when i'm sitting here the only one without a baby on june 23 (my due date) and after, i will be one unhappy camper

@trixi: glad to hear your appt went well! hope for both of us the next few weeks fly by

39. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@nwm & @sunflowerbee I tell you what working up until your due date can be frustrating--or like me last time, a few days late! I already had two people say to me "still here?" this morning. I kindly reminded them I was only 37 weeks. CMON PEOPLE, don't push it already. I will have to take many deep breaths and get through the next few weeks!

40. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: OMG i know, i have several clients who at the end of every meeting are like "good luck!" i'm like dudes, i'm going to see you again next week.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee