Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 moms!

1. trixi

olive / 62 posts

Oh my goodness @sunflowerbee and @nwm I also tested for low iron with my glucose testing and they asked me to start iron supplements! SO weird! I just bought them yesterday but haven't taken any yet. I will take start today. I wonder if I notice any difference too in energy etc.

2. csross217

kiwi / 525 posts

@trixi @sunflowerbee @nwm Another low iron with glucose testing over here! I've been anemic on and off for most of my life, and was during my last pregnancy. I started taking iron supplements about a week about but haven't seen much difference in my energy level unfortunately

Things are good over here! Feeling baby move all the time, with lots of BH. I feel MASSIVE and just don't imagine how my belly can possibly get any bigger over the next 10 weeks! I feel like I'm the same size now as I was at the very end with DD. We've been nesting a little and just got DD moved into her big girl room so that we can redecorate the nursery for DS. I still feel like there is just wayyyyyy too much to do though!

We've narrowed it down to 2 names and have only shared them with my mom and best friend. We didn't decide on DD's name for sure until after she was born so I'm thinking it'll be the same this time! I love both names and keep going back and forth on my favorite.

Question: What does everyone think about children having the same initials? One of our top names would give both LO's the initials of EMR. The names don't sound similar at all though so I don't feel like they are too matchy-matchy, but what about having the same initials? Is that weird????

3. nwm

apricot / 272 posts

oh my gosh ladies i can't believe everyone is anemic, oh dear! @csross217: sorry it hasn't helped you--i definitely am not exactly a bundle of energy right now, but i was running so low on energy that i really just noticed an increase in my mood. and i had told my husband i thought i was developing restless leg syndrome--apparently that's a symptom of anemia, and that has thankfully abated some, though in my experience it was more annoying than anything.

definitely sympathize with feeling like there's so much more to do! i just cleared out a bunch of space in my son's dresser since we don't have space for a second dresser in their room, and goal for this week is to get the closet space cleared out too--fortunately the kids' room has a huge closet, so much so that my husband and i use it for overflow, so we're going to try to get rid of that stuff so baby girl has half the closet to herself and we should really have more than enough storage once that is done.

we are holding off ordering the crib i want until our amazon registry completion triggers. DS1 (2 years 2 months) is still in a crib and we are considering if this is the right time to convert his crib into a big boy bed. despite being very mobile and kind of a risk-taker, he has not figured out that he can climb out of his crib yet, so we have been really hesitant to convert him to a big-boy bed, since we suspect he will be up all. the. time. that said, he's definitely getting old enough and maybe if we switch him over now he'll take us seriously when we teach him you have to stay in bed once you're in? have the second timers all moved your older kiddos into beds vs. cribs already?

@csross217: i don't think same initials is weird! sounds cute

4. trixi

olive / 62 posts

@NWM We moved our son to big boy bed just before his 3rd birthday. He too did not figure out he could climb out so we didn't push it! He did reallllly well when we did transition him. We talked up being a big boy a ton and let him pick out a new blanket etc. Because of this, 2 yr, 2m might not have worked for us as he would've been too young to get the conversation maybe? I wanted to wait until right before his birthday so we could say things like "big boys are 3 years old, big boys sleep in their own big boy beds!" and make a big deal about it.

@csross217 I think same initials is really sweet. Only thing I'd ever worry about is monogrammed stuff, or if they put their initials on stuff ever, like school projects etc. But that is a super small concern. GO WITH IT if you love it!

We have two names in the running, and still considering others. We aren't sharing with anyone until she's here-- but I think since HB is pretty anon I will share with you ladies! Opinions please!

Genevieve Catherine
    Nellie Nancy

Genevieve Catherine
    Pros: Genevieve is DH late grandmother's middle name, & a special great aunt to me was Catherine (or Aunt Kate)
    I think a nickname like 'Vivi Kate' (pronounced Vivvy) is really cute.
    Cons: Our friend and neighbor has a little girl who is 2 named Genevieve. It's getting to be a popular name I see on lists too.

Nellie Nancy
    Pros: Nellie is my late grandmother's name, and Nancy is DH late grandmother's name.
    Our last name is VERY common in our area, (like Smith!) I think there will be a very small chance of her sharing Nellie with anyone else since it's not very popular.
    Cons: Since our last name starts with an N, her initials would be NNN !!! Is that odd?
    I feel selfish using my grandmother's name, when I know I have several other female first cousins that were close to her too. However, they are all around my age and not even in relationships, so I don't think they are thinking baby names soon. But still feel the guilt for some reason!

Does anyone read Swistle baby names blog? I am considering sending her our options and seeing if I get a reply, I love her advice!

5. nwm

apricot / 272 posts

@trixi: ok this is seriously weird bc my first name is nelly and my mom is nancy!!! i am completely unable for that reason to give you any type of objective input into your name selections haha!!!! FWIW, i love having nelly as a name (people very often spell it nellie, including my own relatives, so i think you are making the right call on spelling though i like my own and haven't been willing to change it and you are definitely right that it's fairly unusual and doesn't seem to be reemerging on any popular names lists. i do come to the name a bit differently because i have an even more unusual first name that is my full/formal name. everyone who knows me calls me nelly, but i have the full name on my work email, business cards, etc. i really love my full first name, i think it's beautiful and i like that it's unusual and slightly gender ambiguous, but i will say that it causes a ton of confusion when i tell people i go by nelly, since no one has ever heard the combination before (even though it's way closer than, for example, dick to richard, at least that's a nickname combo most people are familiar with).

so i guess that's a vote for nellie nancy, although i also think genevieve catherine is beautiful--you can't go wrong.

6. csross217

kiwi / 525 posts

@nwm: We won't be moving DD into a big girl bed for a while. She's 2 (birthday this weekend, OMG!) and hasn't tried to climb out despite being a little spider monkey. We ended up buying another crib for DS. Luckily they are both convertible so we'll use them for toddler beds as well when the time comes.

@trixi: I'm partial to the name Genevieve! So pretty and I haven't seen anyone else with that name, at least in my area! Nellie is really cute as well, and I love the idea of using family names (DD is named after my maternal grandmother).

So, my best friend works at an MFM and snuck me in over the weekend for a scan. Now I'm TERRIFIED because DS is measuring in the 97th percentile and is already 5 lbs She tried to make me feel better by saying that he probably just went through a growth spurt and will slow down over the next few weeks and everything will even out, but all I can think about is potentially birthing a 10 pound baby!!!! DD was 7 lbs and labor/delivery was really fast, so what if it goes too quickly this time around and I can't get an epi.... I'm totally freaking out! Trying to figure out how to bring it up to my OB at my appointment this week.....

7. trixi

olive / 62 posts

@nwm here I am looking for unbiased reviews and I'm asking Nelly about Nellie LOL! I keep going back and forth, I have a feeling it will be one of those two names, even though we still consider others here and there, we always go back!

@csross217 I bet your friend is right though, baby probably had a growth spurt right before that! Don't stress! They are always a bit off on the measurements I feel like too! Don't worry if you can't get an epi if baby comes too fast, that's exactly what happened to me the first time around with my son and I actually HOPE this time is the same as far as speed and ease! It was quick and yes, painful, but SO FAST. Then the pain was over and gone!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee