Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 moms!

1. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Dr. Pepper: Good luck! It sounds like you have reason to be hopeful.

2. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Hi All! It's been quite a while since I've been active on here, but wanted to join in even though its early!

EDD: June 11, 2018

First child? No, I have an (almost) 18 month old daughter.

Any symptoms? Just a few so far. Bloating, trouble sleeping, tinges of nausea.

Who have you told? Just my daughter Going to tell hubby tonight. Then waiting until after my first dr's appt to tell family.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Honestly - scared. We had only been NTNP for a few months and were almost thinking about going back on BP and waiting a bit longer since DD has been pretty difficult lately. I'm also just nervous about the pregnancy in general. I breezed through pregnancy and L&D with DD and am soooo scared that it'll be the complete opposite this time... But above all, super excited for DD to be a big sister!!!!!

3. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@csross217: Welcome! I have an almost 19 month old daughter so I feel you on the difficult stage.

I also had a really easy pregnancy and L&D with my first so I guess we'll both see how things go the second time around

4. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@skinnycow: Thanks! I thought that I'd feel more prepared this time around, but I can't help thinking the worst....

Also, just called my OB and I can't get in until next Friday! Boo...

5. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@csross217: Welcome and congratulations! Good luck at your appointment next week.

6. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@csross217: Welcome and congrats! I think it's funny that you told your DD before DH, haha. I hope everything goes well with your appointment next Friday!

7. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/6 - Skinnycow (#2), Dr. Pepper (#3)
    6/11 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/16 - Karenbme (#1)

Appointments
    10/19 - Sunflowerbee, Skinnycow
    10/20 - Csross217

8. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Dr. Pepper: Fingers crossed for good results today!

9. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

Update: Level today was 598. Up from 320 on Monday. Which is doubling time of 80 hours. Today is 29 DPO, so 598 is crazy low. But according to beta base- still possible for a successful pregnancy.

Current plan: redo lab again on Monday. Lab again Thursday and an ultrasound then an appointment with my doctor.

Praying for a positive outcome with all this. I would hate for it to be this drawn out- hope/no hope/hope again- and still have a poor outcome.

10. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Okay... I am in.

EDD: June 9, 2018 based on LMP June 10 based on ovulation

First child? 2 yo DD

Any symptoms? Nausea... almost always. Dizziness. Heavy boobs if that makes sense? Tiredness.

Who have you told? A lot! A couple coworkers, my therapist (haha), and all of OH's family knows because we told his parents and they spread the news. And my doctor's office... which I see Nov 14.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I don't know. Worried. Last pregnancy and post partum was rough emotionally. I am sooooo happy to be pregnant again, but I hope it goes better this time!

11. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Dr. Pepper: That's good to see that your levels are still increasing and are supported by Beta Base. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the additional labs will bring good news!

@Ms. RV: Welcome and congrats! Where in Western PA are you? I live in a suburb outside of Philly and went to school at Pitt.

12. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/6 - Skinnycow (#2), Dr. Pepper (#3)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/11 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/16 - Karenbme (#1)

Appointments
    10/19 - Sunflowerbee, Skinnycow
    10/20 - Csross217
    11/14 - Ms. RV

13. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@sunflowerbee: I live about 20 miles east of Pittsburgh in Westmoreland County. I went to Pitt, too! What suburb outside of Philly are you in?

14. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: That's so funny that we're both Pitt alumni! I live in Bucks County, about 45 minutes outside of Philly.

15. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Dr. Pepper: Praying you get a positive outcome also! I'm sorry you've been in limbo.

@Ms. RV: Welcome!

16. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Ms. RV: Welcome! It seems like a few of us are comparing this pregnancy to our last and worrying/hoping that things will be different! I struggled pretty badly with PPD/A last time and am trying to set up a good network of supports this time around so that I can get help quickly if I need it.

17. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Ms. RV: Welcome and congratulations!

18. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Anyone else feel like they are "showing" already? The bloat is crazy this time around! Already having to wear baggy shirts. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it another 5ish weeks without people at work noticing!

19. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@csross217: Yes!!! It's a serious problem this time around... I have no idea how I'm going to hide it from work also. Between doctors appointments and my belly I'm sure people will suspect.

Last pregnancy I didn't tell work until 14-15 weeks pregnant and I had zero bump.

20. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@skinnycow: I feel like I'm already getting side-eye about the super baggy dress I'm wearing today.....

21. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm also wearing a super baggy dress today lol. I pulled out my maternity pants yesterday... my normal ones are so uncomfortable!

22. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@csross217: Yes! I measured my waist over the weekend and it was 3 whole inches larger than what I would have expected, and that's not even where most of the bloat is. This is my first time around, so I'm definitely not in the "things happen faster with the second pregnancy" camp, but definitely feel you on the bloating. I have 100% moved into fat pants/maxi skirt territory.

23. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@karenbme: Oh man, I'm not even going to measure my waist. It would probably be depressing! I had pretty extreme bloating with my first also so don't feel bad! If I remember correctly the bloating died down at the end of the first trimester (but of course you start getting an actual bump shortly after that).

24. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@skinnycow: @karenbme: I am not bloating that much, yet... but last Friday I seriously wanted to burn my jeans. I wore a pair to work and they felt so uncomfortable. Like a wool sweater on a summer day. Talk about a weird pregnancy symptom.

25. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@Dr. Pepper: How did your labs go?

26. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

@Ms. RV: The level was 1030. Up from 593 four days prior. So it didn't even double in 4 days. Another level Thursday, followed by ultrasound and an appointment with my doctor. Hoping to have more (good) news then.

27. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Dr. Pepper: I'm glad it's still going up. Praying you get good news on Thursday!

28. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

How's everyone doing? I have my first appointment tomorrow afternoon and I'm so anxious. I'm still having zero symptoms other than bloating so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) confirming that everything is okay.

29. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@skinnycow: I'm doing well. I've been insanely tired this week and have been dealing with some stomach cramps that usually come at night when I'm trying to fall asleep. I am also looking forward to my appointment tomorrow night! I can't wait to see the baby on the ultrasound for the first time and hopefully get to listen to a nice, strong heartbeat!

30. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@skinnycow: Pretty good, still insanely bloated and low level nausea most of the day. I'm seeing my doctor on Friday! It still seems totally surreal and I'm hoping that after seeing the doctor everything will feel more real.

31. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@skinnycow: Hang in there! When I made my appointment I talked to the nurse about false positives, and she told me that if my period was a week late and I had a positive test things like ectopic and molar pregnancies are so rare that I can be nearly 100% sure that it's a viable pregnancy and even tell parents/close friends if I wanted to before the appointment.

Otherwise things are good. At the end of last week my body decided that it needs a nap from ~11-1 every day, which works great for my work schedule (sarcasm). And my dreams have been bonkers recently. Not the sex dreams that everyone says you're going to get, but just really vivid, kind of surreal dreams mostly about creative things (ex. directing a photo shoot, planting a garden).

32. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I had my first prenatal appointment today. Everything looked fine and baby had a 114bpm heart rate but was measuring a week behind my calculation. My doctor didn't seem to be concerned but I am because I know when I would have conceived. He scheduled another ultrasound for 10/31 solely to calm my nerves - he's not worried at all.

33. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@skinnycow: Congratulations on the good results! I know it's hard not to worry if things aren't exactly what you expected, but the doctor sees this stuff every day, so if he's not worried, I'm sure you're baby will is fine. It's super early and biology isn't always exact and is different for everyone. It's nice that you get to go back again soon, to get some reassurance. But for now try not to worry, mama.

34. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@skinnycow: Glad to hear everything looked good at your appointment yesterday! That's also good that you'll have another u/s in 2 weeks to see how baby is measuring.

I also had my first ultrasound last night and everything looks great! My EDD based on my LMP is 5/31 but based on when I ovulated, I believe it's 6/4 which would put me at 7+3 yesterday. The baby measured exactly 7+3. My doctor said since it's +/- 5 days from my original EDD, they'll keep my date as 5/31 but made a note in my file. The baby's heartbeat was 147 bpm. I have another ultrasound scheduled for 2 weeks to due an updated date scan, and then one in 4 weeks when I'll be just shy of 12 weeks.

Seeing the baby, receiving the print outs of the sonogram pictures, and hearing the heartbeat yesterday made it all feel really real! My DH was also so excited during and after the u/s.

@csross217: Good luck at your appointment today!

35. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@karenbme: Thanks - feeling much better about everything today!

@sunflowerbee: Glad everything looked great yesterday! The first ultrasound is so amazing! Can you change my due date to 6/13 the next time you update the list? I also have an ultrasound on 10/31 and another appointment on 11/22.

@Dr. Pepper: I hope everything looked okay yesterday

36. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@skinnycow: It really is so amazing! Your due date has been updated!

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/6 - Dr. Pepper (#3)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/11 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/13 - Skinnycow (#2)
    6/16 - Karenbme (#1)

Appointments
    10/20 - Csross217
    10/31 - Skinnycow
    11/2 - Sunflowerbee
    11/14 - Ms. RV, Sunflowerbee
    11/22 - Skinnycow

37. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@sunflowerbee: Congratulations! It's cool that the u/s confirmed the date you had in mind.

I'm so jealous of you ladies with earlier appointments. My doctor wouldn't see me until at least 8 weeks, and then in order to find something that works for both my and DH's schedules we had to go to 8+6 (11/10). Waiting for the official confirmation feels like an eternity!

38. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@karenbme: I think 8 weeks is pretty typical! I saw my OB at 8 weeks with my first pregnancy but for some reason they scheduled me for 7 weeks (or at least what I thought was 7 weeks) this time.

39. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@karenbme: Yes I agree that 8 weeks is usually the norm. My doctor's office had me at 8 weeks yesterday by my LMP. Hopefully 11/10 will be here before you know it!

40. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@karenbme: Last pregnancy, my doctor didn't see me until 12 weeks! They are seeing me at 10+3 this time for some reason. Maybe because I am pushing 35?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee