Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

While I really can't complain with the side effects of the Clomid this cycle, at 7 dpo, I'm not putting much stock in this month. My temps
    never got "super high" and are already s.l.o.w.l.y. on the decline. I'm due for AF on the 28th. Somehow, I still have watery CM and my cervix is medium and soft-ish. WTH?!? 😢.

For anyone more talented at BBT tracking than I (which I expect would be many of you), please, look over my data and offer some advice. (I Ov'ed on the 14 and had a slight fallback dip which is normal for me). Affixed - FF and another with LH tracking. Thanks in advance.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Aria: At least there is still time to get a BFP

@skinnycow: You never know, you still have time to get one :). I always wonder how early I would have got a BFP with my son if I was actually paying attention because I didn't test until I was 6 weeks pregnant.

@Kaohinani: I have charted a lot but have never been very good with interpretation. :\

My OB got back with me and said to continue taking my prednisone as prescribed and to get ahold of him if I have any other variances from normal. Hopefully this is the random thing I needed to finally get pregnant.

I have an autoimmune disorder, and I read where women with autoimmune diseases were on prednisone and finally got pregnant. I don't know how much stock to put into internet anecdotes, but it gives me some hope

3. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: I've heard clomid can mess up your bbt temps so I wouldn't put too much stock in what they're doing. Mine are also kinda bizarre this month so maybe it's just the change in weather?

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: @Mamabear87: Thank you. Hoping the Clomid is the cause. I'm just frustrated and today has been weird. πŸ˜‚

@Sams Mom: IDK you have an autoimmune disorder as well! (Not that it is exciting or anything for two people to have ADs.) Besides that, fibro, and seizure disorder, I also have a bee allergy and a wheat allergy so I am EXTREMELY familiar with Benedryl, Pred, and Epi-Pens. With that stated, I NEVER knew that tidbit about Prednisone and fertility... I learn something new everyday! Lol.

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis, bleh... But I've been tested for the common family ones like rheumatoid and diabetes and am clear of that for now! I was stung by a bee for the first time 5 years ago, my hand swelled up for a couple days, then went down, and then swelled up again a couple days later so my doctor at the time was like hey, this might be worse next time... So fast forward to this weekend and I get stung by the yellow jacket and I'm freaking out (thankfully no serious reaction beyond swelling, heat, blister, pain and itchiness. (My husband has an epi for shellfish so he could have stabbed me if it came down to it). I get the prednisone and then decide to google and freak out because it says it can affect ovulation and what not.

TL;DR I freaked out for no reason, won't die from a yellow jacket, and there is a small hope that this might affect something enough to get me a BFP

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: You are too funny! πŸ˜‚. All the crazy with the bee-sting excitement and THEN getting yourself worked up over the Prednisone ... You deserve your BFP!!! P.S. "Dr. Google" does it to me too. Lol.

Besides Fibro (an autoimmune disease), I also have SjΓΆgren's syndrome (AD#2) which causes ungodly dry eyes and a dry mouth/throat along with Raynauld's phenomenon (* terrible circulation in the hands and feet ... which, itself, is on the registry of autoimmune diseases πŸ€” Go figure! Lol). I am the ABSOLUTE healthiest "sick" person you will ever meet. πŸ˜‚ Rofl

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Have you got your results from your Betas yet?

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Ok this is going to sound silly but can anyone point me (provide a link) to instructions for tracking ovulation and BBT. In the past I’ve just recorded periods on Glow app which then predicts your ovulation. When we get ready to do our frozen embryo transfer, my RE wants me to take OPKs. I’m not sure if I need to start right after my period (in case I ovulate earlier than predicted) or if I just test OPK before I expect to ovulate.

Thanks!

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I use Fertility Friend, it has a ton of articles about temping and tracking. As far as OPKs since you're post loss, I would use OPKs once a day at least starting right after your period.

As far as links for BBT are you wanting links for a thermometer or just pointers?

10. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: found a thermometer. Looking for pointers.

11. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@yellowbeach: I second Sam's Mom's recommendation for Fertility Friend. I believe the app also sent me a PDF called Charting Your Way to Conception when I signed up. This goes into great detail about BBT charting and was very helpful.

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: The highlights are, same time everyday, at least 3 uninterrupted hours of sleep (if you do shift work as a doctor it might be a pain), if you're a mouth breather it's best to temp vaginally, and entering it into an app like FF will pinpoint your ovulation and set your coverline for you.

If you already know all of this, I am of no further use to you because that's all I know

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@yellowbeach: if you're looking to use temping to pinpoint when to transfer it might be a waste. Bbt can only tell you you ovulated after it has already happened

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@yellowbeach: and I would just buy a giant pack of the cheap opks, wondfo or easy@home, and take one every day until they start to look darker and then twice a day

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: Have you had better luck with easy@home OPKs or Wondfo? I think I like the easy@home OPKs more, and the Wondfo HCG more, but I don't know if I just had a bad batch of Wondfo OPKs. It's so much easier to buy them in the combo packs.

16. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: I've only used easy@home. I have a whole box that I keep considering gifting to one of you ladies but then the crazy comes out and I'm like what if I want to use them πŸ˜‚

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: hahahaha! I even tried the Wondfo extra wide "Baby Dust Method" gender swaying blah blah blah (I thought the wider strip would be more clear)... I just keep going back to the easy@homes

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: i haven't even heard of those πŸ˜‚ I've just been wearing my ava and making sure we have sex a decent amount. After the last 3 months were both just grateful I'm not having daily panic attacks. And we won't be doing any interventions now since clomid and Femara can both cause anxiety so fingers crossed!

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I just need to pull the trigger on the Ava. Maybe next month *this has been said for months*

20. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@yellowbeach: If you want to use OPKs in a way that makes really certain you don't miss your LH surge you're safest testing starting 5 days before your earliest plausible ovulation. Earliest plausible should be total cycle length minus 16 days. Once you have a positive OPK, ovulation should occur within the next 48 hours. Some people ovulate really quickly after the LH surge, others a little slower.

You'll usually get a big dip in your basal body temp within 24h on either side of your ovulation and then temp rises afterward. You can't confirm ovulation occured until you have that dip followed by 3 days in a row that are higher than your prior 6 temps.

21. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

Do Wondfos get indent lines? I know I've seen them on FRERs. I have a major case of line eye and I see something but I think it might be an indent? Or I'm imagining it? I can't get a clear picture or I'd post one.

22. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Aria: I've gotten evaps on wondfos before. Is there color to the line?

On the one I took this morning I feel like I can see where the line is supposed to be but it doesn't look pink.

23. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@skinnycow: I can't quite tell, it's so faint! It showed up within the 5 minutes though, so can it still be an evap?

24. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Aria: It may be positive if it was within five minutes! Hopefully it'll be darker tomorrow

25. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: no no this is all good and helpful. As you mentioned, not quite sure how to handle the shift work thing. Also sometimes keeps us from being able to BD at the right times too. But at least that’s not required for an FET

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: shift work and scheduling sex, it's just so romantic! My husband's old department rebid shifts like every 4 weeks so I never knew if he'd be home when he needed to be thank God his new department only rebids once a year.

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@lilyofthewest: the dip isn't necessary, I don't get one. You're just looking for a sustained temp shift

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

For those new to charting BBT, here is some (perhaps) useful information: (see affixed)

I hope you find it helpful. πŸ’œ

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: How are you holding up, hun? Any updates on your betas?

30. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

11dpo and didn't test today because I'm trying to avoid the mind games. I'm planning to test tomorrow morning. If I'm not pregnant (and I'm pretty sure I'm not), next month I'm definitely not testing early again... it's such a rollercoaster.

My boobs have been hurting today but I know that's also a PMS symptom. I've never had symptoms before a BFP so I don't know why I read into everything.

31. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Aria: Did you test again today?

32. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@skinnycow: I took a Wondfo this morning and it’s still super faint so I just took a FRER to see if anything pops up.

ETA: Holy crap. I must have a bad batch of Wondfo or something because this is not squinty. I am in complete shock.

33. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Aria: That is way positive! Congrats!

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Aria: Keep us posted and share pictures!

@skinnycow: it's so hard not to look into everything!

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Aria: Wondfos aren't as sensitive either! Congratulations lady!

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

June POAS Dates

SamsMom: 6/2
    Megpie: 6/4
    LBARN: 6/8
    Chuckles: 6/8
    LAZB: 6/10
    Baby7378: 6/11 ish
    Queen of Hart: 6/14
    AFC061018: 6/15 ish?
    Dr Pepper: 6/17
    MILPA: 6/18
    JessieMuller88: 6/20
    Aria: 6/24
    SkinnyCow: 6/24
    DC Yoga Bee: 6/25
    MrsScallop: 6/25
    SamsMom: 6/26-?
    MDF106: 6/27
    Star Lit Sky: 6/28
    Kaohinani: 6/28
    MamaBear87: 6/30
    RDHBEE: 7/2
    MegPie: 7/4

Best of luck to everyone!

Chuckles BadgerMom Aria

Congratulations Ladies!!!

LAZB Jessiemuller88

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Aria: Congratulations!!!! πŸŽ‡βœ¨πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ. That is a mighty-fine BFP line! πŸ’•

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: 3dpo now and no veiny boobs, I don't have any of the usual post O progesterone side effects this time. My ovaries are still kind of sore which is odd for this point in my cycle... :\

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Aria: congrats!!

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you for getting back to me on that! This has been a freakishly mild cycle for me as well. I still have the veins. Lol. I had some cramping yesterday, and more of a "pulling" feeling today (8 dpo). Progesterone fluctuations while on Clomid vary so much! Incidentally, I got a temp spike this morning. If it holds, I could go triphasic but, with such a mild cycle this month, I'm not holding my breath. Heck, I haven't even started plotting my first POAS date, although 10 dpo would probably be the earliest. Lol.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee