Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

I can't believe it's quad screen time here--I feel like we just started the NT process.

@Mrs. Rabbit Good luck tomorrow!

2. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

Am i the only one who doesnt know what a quad screen is?

NT went well today! Baby was completely still the whole time. It scared me a little but the hb was great and the doctor said he/she was probably sleeping thats a good sign of things to come, right? since i had so many early appointments this one was kinda late, so my next appointment is my anatomy scan in 5 weeks! Eek!

A little disappointed because with lo#1 we found out the gender at 12 weeks. I asked the tech today and she said she would lean more toward girl because she couldnt see anything, but that she couldnt get a good view. So who knows haha. But i definitely got spoiled knowing so early last time.

3. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I didn't know what the quad screen was either, I had to google it. It's the blood test you get around 16 weeks.

Glad to hear about the good appointments today!

4. Mrs. Lion

@Aria: interesting. I had a blood test today (the finger prick dot one) and will have another at my next appointment at 18 weeks. But i dont have a 16 week appointment. Hmm...

5. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I only know about the quad screen test since complications came out of it last time for me. Otherwise, it as just another blood draw and appointment. So awesome you got to see the baby!!! I last saw mine at 6 weeks, so week 19 can't get here soon enough. I had four ultrasounds last time before my anatomy scan, so this just feels like it's dragging on forever!

6. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Glad the NT went well! And I'm amazed that you knew gender at 12 weeks last time! But you're giving me hope that something will be visible at my appointment on Friday. I'll be 15w1d!

7. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Yay for a good scan!

My NT scan went well! We also found out the sex! I'm sharing with family and friends later today, so I'll update after that

8. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

I'm popping in to say hello again. I've been keeping up with the updates and I'm thrilled that we all seem to be doing so well! I'm late to this one, but we announced to our family and friends on FB and the picture was a hit! It was our dog with a pile of pregnancy books and my husband photoshoped a book cover for a play on the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Soooo nerdy.

@Mrs. Lion: I'm so jealous you found out at 12 weeks! We have to wait until 19-ish weeks and I have a countdown set. I can't wait!

9. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: That's so exciting you found out the sex already! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

@AnneBird: Glad your announcement went well! Your picture sounds cute!

10. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: Ahhhh so cool! You just saw it on the ultrasound?? Now I am getting REALLY excited for us to all find out the sex!

@AnneBird: I love a nerdy-cute announcement!

11. Mrs. Lion

@AnneBird: haha it was the silver lining for a super scary experience. Lots of level 2 ultrasounds for a SCH, os we were able to confirm really early although this time we wont be finding out until much later and our families and friends are driving us nuts with the speculation. As if their guesses or my "preference" are going to change anything.

@mrs. tictactoe: so exciting!! Im happy for you!!

12. mrs. tictactoe

@loopedd: Yep! I kept asking her how sure she was and she said 100%! My husband still has his doubts, but I remember him asking if Liam was "still" a boy all the way up until I delivered and he saw it for himself.

13. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: SO cool. Can't wait to hear the outcome!!

14. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: so excited to find out what you are having!!! I think it's a !!

15. Mrs. Rabbit

@mrs. tictactoe: Heeheehee I'm giddy for you! So awesome that you found out so early.

I scheduled my anatomy scan for Sept. 17, and they said I can FaceTime with my husband, so hopefully we can get his schedule to work out! We're going to find out, but not tell family until Sept. 22 when i'm in town. That's going to be a long five days of keeping a secret!

I also have to do an early glucose test within the next week Because I'm overweight, and because my daughter was born pretty big, they just want to make sure. I'm crossing everything hoping I pass.

16. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: aw i hope face time works out!! Boo about the glucose test. I hope it goes well!

17. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Rabbit: Aww that would be so cool if his schedule worked out.

18. mrs. tictactoe

It's a girl!!!

19. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: hooray! A baby sister! How wonderful!

20. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: Yay!! Congratulations!

21. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: YEAH!! Congrats!! So so exciting.

22. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: Congratulations, mama! Now we have one of each on the board!

23. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: Congratulations!!!

24. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: congratulations on your girl! That's so exciting!

Hope everyone is feeling good! We're just moving right along so quick it seems! I can't believe I'll be 17 weeks in a few days! It's going by much faster this time I think.

25. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: congrats!!

26. Mrs. Lion

So a 3year old boy at the ymca this am (i was working in the nursery) asked me why my belly was so big. So glad i could tell him it was because there was a baby growing in there instead of just telling him i eat too much chick-fil-a

27. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Lion: lol oh my word. I think that's my one fear about being around little ones. I'm kinda thankful now that my daughter's young enough to not know what's going on. My friend's three-year-old daughter told her (pregnant) mom: "I know your belly's getting bigger, but why is your butt getting bigger, too?!" AH! (Totally laughed out loud when my friend told me that!)

28. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: oh man. Kids.

29. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

I think swedishfish is gone, and she was mostly maintaining this list. So maybe we can just take turns updating when there's new info? Can't wait to see more and !

February 2015 Mamas
    February 3rd: LilJane (#2)
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1)
    February 6th: Swedishfish (#2 ), Mrs. Coral (#1), Mtex14 (#1)
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2)
    February 8th: Caitlanc (#2)
    February 9th: MrsB2012 (#2)
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2), ndepet (#1)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2)
    February 13th: TheFixIts (#2 and #3)
    February 14th: Aria (#1), AnneBird (#1)
    February 15th: Baby2Feb15 (#2)
    February 16th: Kbee (#1), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1), Callalillylove (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1)
    February 18th: GreeneB2 (#1)
    February 19th: Loopedd (#1)
    February 20th: Lone Palm (#2)
    February 23rd: Dagret (#2), maddyz (#1)
    February 24th: Mrs. Tictactoe (#2 ), cmomma17 (#2)
    February 25th: Sugarmammary (#1)
    February 26th: Abdubbs (#1 and #2)
    February 27th: MsMiranda (#2), Mrs. Lion (#2)
    February 28th: Beanie132 (#1)
    March 1st: Intotheocean (#2)
    March 8th: scg00387 (#2)

30. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Lion: @Mrs. Rabbit: Oh my. Little kids scare me with their brutal honesty!!

31. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: yay! Congratulations! So exciting to know so early!

32. Mrs. Rabbit

just wanted to update that my doctor's office already called back with the results from my quad screen test that I took yesterday. They came back NEGATIVE!!!! Huge sigh of relief She said no further testing is needed. Happy dance over here! Now just have to worry about the glucose test next week.

33. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: yay!!

34. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Congrats!! Great news

35. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

Morning all! Any fun Labor Day weekend plans??

Had an appointment this morning but no u/s, so no sneak pic of the baby's bits Scheduled anatomy scan for 9/16, but....

I think I'm pretty set on switching practices so I can deliver in NJ. It was partly thanks to the thread earlier this week about having a private hospital room post-delivery! I'd currently deliver at Columbia/Presbyterian and I've heard horror stories about the place. I kinda want my first L&D to be as calm and relaxing as possible - plus I don't love my male OB. So I made an appt to start seeing a new female OB in NJ in 4 weeks. It will require a lot more driving to appts but the hospitals in Northern NJ are like spas compared to NYC... so I'm excited, I think!

36. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@loopedd: I think I would probably look for a new OB too if I was uncomfortable with mine or my hospital. I just watched some documentary on labor/births, and they mentioned that sometimes labor can stall if the mother doesn't feel comfortable with the people around her. Best let that not be something to worry about!

This weekend (3 days, woo hoo!) I'm going to a baby shower, a bbq, and then Monday cleaning up my house and getting it ready for a little party we're having next weekend. I'm exhausted already just thinking about it! But it will all be fun stuff. I'm heading to Babies R Us to do my gift shopping during my lunch break

37. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Circusbee: Ooh that makes me feel good about the decision, too! We have enough to worry about!

Your weekend sounds perfect! I think baby shopping for others is even more fun now, too

38. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@loopedd: Oh it's totally more fun now! And starting, like, yesterday I have a tiny visible bump, so I finally feel like I'm allowed in baby stores!

39. Mrs. Lion

@loopedd: ooh i would definitely switch! The hospital where i delivered was amazing and it is worth it if you can make it happen!

40. Mrs. Rabbit

@loopedd: As someone who recently switched, I say go for it! I'm sooooooo happy at my new place. I also heard horror stories about the original place I was supposed to deliver at, and now I have a calm piece of mind about the new place.

No labor day plans here. Heh...I kinda didn't even know it was labor day weekend until I saw the news this morning. I'm so out of the loop and ready for this deployment to be over!!

I could've sworn I was going to feel a kick last night. I could feel the baby moving, so I was just waiting and waiting and...nothing. Come on, baby!!! Mama wants to feel you move!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee