Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: congrats! What a relief!

2. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Yeah!!! You deserve that celebration. Congrats!!

3. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Yay!! Congrats!

4. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

Just an FYI, I don't think this has been posted here yet. The Britax free ride event is in September!

For the US Mommas
    Get ready for the stroller event of the year! The Britax FREE RIDE EVENT is coming to the USA September 20 – 28. Get the details here: http://bit.ly/RrMWU6

And for my fellow Canadian Mommas
    Get ready for the stroller event of the year! The Britax FREE RIDE EVENT is coming to Canada September 5 – 18. Get the details here: http://bit.ly/1qkYwgL

Unfortunately for the US bee's the Canadian one is much better as you have a choice between 2 strollers and the US one you only have a choice with 1 stroller.

5. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@MrsB2012: whoa thats a great deal! Bummer that i need the double!

6. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: yay! That's awesome that you find out right away.

7. mrs. tictactoe

@MrsB2012: Thanks for letting us know!

@Mrs. Lion: I also was planning on getting another single, but not that one - it's so expensive!!

8. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@Mrs. Detour: @loopedd: @Circusbee: @mrs. tictactoe: Thanks, ladies! Definitely happy about that. I passed during the last pregnancy, too, but you never know with each one. Now I won't have to worry until the next time I take it—third trimester, right?

I'm starting to think about my anatomy scan (two weeks away). Are you guys doing any type of gender reveal for family/friends?

9. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: I'm not sure how we will tell family yet. Here, the techs aren't allowed to tell you the gender. You have to make a separate appt with your dr who will tell you. ( They don't do them in the office either, so it's especially annoying!) I think that Dh and I will get the Dr to print the report and then we will go to dinner and read the report together. Last time with B, I just put together a small box with a dress and a pair of cute shoes. Maybe we will do something similar to tell family this time too?

10. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

So last night I experienced a new pregnancy symptom... It started as acid reflux that I could feel in my throat, especially when I tried to lay down to go to sleep. Then it progressed to heartburn in my chest and then wrapped all the way around my chest to my back and just hurt and burned so badly around the total circumference of my chest. I actually sat up in bed for maybe an hour just crying because I just wanted to go to sleep Eventually I fell asleep sitting up and then when I woke up awhile after that I could lay down OK. Heartburn is not something I've ever really had to deal with, does this sound pretty normal?

11. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Circusbee: Oh that sounds AWFUL! I know some ladies on here have mentioned heartburn, but this sounds particularly atrocious. Will you try any OTC heartburn meds? I've had a couple of occasions where Tums worked magic.

12. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@loopedd: All I had last night were expired Tums! I see the midwife on Friday, so I'll definitely bring it up them, but hopefully this won't be a recurring issue It definitely took me off-guard.

13. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

@Circusbee: This may be too late, but I've been advised by doctors that expired Tums/Alka-Seltzer are OK to have if you are in a pinch because they aren't the type of drug in which dosage is an issue.

14. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@AnneBird: Thanks! After asking Dr. Google in the middle of the night, I did take one, but then I felt really guilty... you are making me feel better!

15. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Circusbee: Yuck, that sounds terrible! I hope it doesn't become a frequent thing!

I felt the baby move last night! I've been feeling little pops that I thought were the baby for a few days now, but I just wasn't sure. Last night it was squirming around like crazy for 10 minutes and there was no mistaking it. Such an awesome feeling!

16. Mrs. Lion

@Circusbee: usually expired meds aren't really bad, just not as effective. I keep tums with me at all times! They work wonders (plus, extra calcium!)

17. Mrs. Lion

@Aria: yay for squirmy baby!!

18. mrs. tictactoe

@Circusbee: Oh, that sounds awful!

@Aria: the best feeling!!!

I told all of my students yesterday, so now everyone in my life knows. I had a great appointment yesterday, heard the baby's heartbeat, and found out that my doctor does VBACs! I thought she didn't, but she brought it up and apparently she delivers at a different hospital sometimes and they allow them, so she does them. She was so supportive and nice about it. I'm just so happy. I am still waiting to hear back from my insurance company about an appeal to see another doctor who does them, but I might just stay with the one I've been seeing because her office is close to my work and home, whereas the other one is pretty far. I am not opposed to a repeat c section, but I really just want the option to try for a VBAC if I go into labor on my own.

19. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Aria: Oh that is so awesome. I cannot wait to feel the baby!! It's got to be soon, right?? That thing is like 4 1/2" inches already!!

20. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

so i'm concerned about the lack of my weight gain. I never in my life thought i would say that sentence! I'm not trying to offend anyone so please don't take it in that fashion. I have lost 5 lbs max and i'm just concerned that even on the nausea meds i'm not feeling any different in terms of what i want to eat or how much. Does anyone have this issue, if so did you do anything different about your diet. I want to be gaining...again never thought i'd say these words! lol

21. mrs. tictactoe

@Beanie132: What does your doctor say? Early on in my first trimester, I lost a pound between appointments and they said if it continued, we would need to talk about anti nausea meds (I never took any) and other ways to help me gain. Now, I don't have that problem

22. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Beanie132: Has your doctor expressed concern about it? I still haven't gained any weight (I'm 16w3d) and my doctor hasn't mentioned anything about it. I think it's pretty normal to not really gain anything at this point, especially if you're still not feeling well. I do hope you start to feel better soon though. Not wanting to eat anything is the worst.

23. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Beanie132: I have only just started gaining a little bit (up 3lbs now from pre-preg weight), so at my last couple appointments they were aware that I was first losing weight, and then had just gone back to 0. My midwife was not concerned at all at that point, and seemed confident my body would catch up later with no problem. I would definitely talk to your doctor/care provider and see if they are concerned at all. I think there are probably a lot of variables, so many women see the weight gain start and stall at different points in their pregnancies. Maybe your doctor will have some other suggestions?

I tend to eat more often in the mornings between the time I wake up and lunch, maybe every 2 hours? Then in the later part of the day I don't eat as frequently, and I am still definitely struggling with eating healthy. This has just been what works to keep the nausea to a minimum for me so far. My midwives are also having me keep a food diary to bring to my next appointment to discuss. Maybe keeping a record of what you're eating for a few days to discuss with your care provider would help?

24. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

@Circusbee: @Aria: @mrs. tictactoe: thank you ladies. I appreciate the feedback. the doctor didnt seem overly concerned last week when I told him. Im just fearing if im not gaining then the baby isnt gaining, which is somewhat irrational i hope.

25. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

I had an appointment this morning, but it was pretty boring. Just took some blood. I did get to hear the baby's heartbeat though, which is always good. Also, I got to schedule my anatomy scan for October 2nd. I can't wait!

26. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Aria: That's what my last one was like -- boring! The heartbeat is always amazing though. And it's gonna get crazy with anatomy scans around here soon enough!! Nice to have that to look forward to.

I have been having some serious moody days that it's taken me a while to realize are probably hormone-related, on top of just general pregnancy fatigue and ups and downs! Poor DH has gotten the brunt of it this week. Gonna try to be mindful and be a little kinder when I can!

27. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

I also had an appointment this morning that went well! I got my flu shot, heard the baby's heartbeat (140-150 bpm), was given a "way to go, things look great," and scheduled the anatomy scan for 9/25! Just 3 weeks from today, and I'll be 20 weeks exactly. We're so excited!

28. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Ok so I *think* I just felt the baby move!! I felt the same thing yesterday around this time but it's so faint that I didn't believe that's what it was. I don't know! I hope that's what it was!!

29. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Circusbee: Yay, how exciting! I had so many moments of "is this really the baby?" before I KNEW it was the baby.

30. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Aria: Yeah!! I was trying to describe how it felt to my coworkers and it was really hard!! It's kind of like bubbles or maybe like an erratic heartbeat just above my pelvic bone. It's all the way in the front, and that's what makes me think (and hope!!) that it's the baby!!

31. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

@Circusbee: I also *think* I felt the baby move last weekend, and totally agree its so hard to describe!

So I was playing on my phone/FB'ing on the couch (with the dog belly up cuddled next to me) when it first happened, and so I excitedly called my husband over because, totally momentous! The baby is moving! and said: "I think its either the baby or gas-- I can't really tell."

So my husband dutifully drops what he is doing, comes over and, as soon as he reached the couch, the dog burped the loudest burp.

A week later and its still making me giggle!

32. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Circusbee: @Aria: So jealous of you guys feeling movement! I am willing him to do something I can feel (besides what I think is my uterus and other parts stretching out constantly!).

@AnneBird: Love this!! At least you know it was gas for one of you

I'm counting the minutes til 5pm... so useless today. I've been SO tired this week!!

33. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@aria @circusbee Hurray to baby movement! I've started to feel baby a lot more the last few days. On Wednesday, I felt the movements on and off all day, so much more obvious than before. It was so weird! And I've noticed that if I turn my music up in the car, baby moves. Baby likes to boogie?!

It's good I've had that positive thing to focus on because I've been feeling like absolute crap this week. My nausea had been slowly fading but came roaring back. Last night I tossed my cookies repeatedly. It was awful. I've been exhausted as well, possibly because I did too much packing for the move. There are so many things I needed to do this week for the new place, like getting internet and finding a midwife, I just haven't been able to get done. My husband won't be joining me here for two more weeks, so I'm really on my own.

My belly is getting bigger and feeling tighter. I bet my husband will be shocked when he sees what changes three weeks have made! Sadly, I've also noticed my thighs and behind getting bigger. I wasn't expecting that so soon. Hopefully he only notices the baby bump.

34. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

Just had my 16 week appointment! I've only gained 3 pounds, which the doctor said was normal since I was sick a lot of the first trimester. My anatomy scan is scheduled for 10/3, we're so excited we can barely wait!!!

35. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@GreeneB2: Woo hoo!! I just had mine as well! Baby's heartbeat was exactly the same as it's been, and my uterus is almost to my belly button. My anatomy scan is scheduled for sept. 26. I am SO. EXCITED.

36. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Circusbee: @Aria: @AnneBird: @Iced Tea: Yay for feeling baby movement! It's so exciting!

@GreeneB2: @Circusbee: Glad your appointments went well! Not long and we will have a huge list of Boys or Girls!

Things are flying by here! I'll be 18 weeks on Monday and I can't figure out where the last 18 weeks have gone! I'm feeling pretty good, but B is going through a rough time sleeping. Out of the 5 days I worked this week, 4 of the nights she was up for 2 hours. I don't get home from work until 945pm and then have to get up for work at 515am, so when she's up for 2 hours, that makes for very little sleep! I'm off for 5 now so I'm going to try and figure something out. I have a sleep book I haven't read so I'm going to try and find some suggestions there. I think it's teething though
    My boobs are getting huge. Like my nursing bras don't fit anymore! I was working last night and I was wearing a tshirt with scrub pants. This 94 year old lady came up to me and said, 'that shirt sure fits you nice!' and I said, 'oh, is that because it shows off my baby bump?' and she said, "No, because it shows off these milk jugs!' then proceeded to grab both my boobs and giggle them! I almost died haha. At least it's not just me thinking they're growing haha.

2.5 weeks until my anatomy scan!

37. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Iced Tea: Ugh, I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. I hope it goes away soon and you get a break.

I'm so excited about all the upcoming anatomy scans! I can't wait to find out what everyone is having!

@MrsB2012: Yeah, I bought myself a new bra a few weeks ago. Best decision ever. I went up a cup size, and I didn't realize how badly my last one fit until I got one in the right size. And I can't believe that lady grabbed your boobs!! I would have freaked out.

38. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@MrsB2012: Wow, that certainly was a frisky old lady! I have no idea what I do if someone grabbed my boobs! I would have been speechless.

39. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@MrsB2012: Hahahahaha that is amazing!! You must be exhausted but at least you have good stories to show for it Agreed new bras are key. I got some on Saturday and it has made a world of difference, I had no idea!

One of the moms at the school I work at just came in for a meeting and brought me a gift - a pair of baby Uggs! I am dying. So cute!

40. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

Oh my, I've missed so much!

@AnneBird: @loopedd: Congrats on boys!!

@mrs. tictactoe: Congrats on your girl!

How exciting that some of us are finding out the gender! Can't wait to see about everyone else. We find out a week from Tuesday on the 16th, and I am seriously bursting with excitement!

@Mrs. Rabbit: hooray for passing your glucose test I bet that's a huge relief!

I still haven't felt any movement yet (I don't think...), so I'm jealous of all of you who have! Hopefully soon.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee