Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

Have you all heard of or tried Coobie bras? I saw some in Classifieds (they had already been snatched up, unfortunately), so I started doing some research. I found one for $15 on Amazon, with Prime shipping, and I had a gift card, so I thought I'd try it. I'm in LOVE. They are one-size-fits all & claim that they will grow with you throughout pregnancy. They aren't marketed just toward pregnant & nursing mamas, which is interesting! They unhook at the straps for nursing later on, and it's just so so so so so comfortable. I've been uncomfortable in all of my bras (sports bras included) for a couple of weeks, and I don't ever want to take this Coobie off. I'm going to get some more, and there seem to be a lot of coupon codes to save $20 on 3 when you buy from Coobie.com. (end commercial - but for real, I LOVE this thing!)

2. MsMiranda

pea / 9 posts

@HeartAbandoned: That's so funny you mention that- I was just looking at buying some Coobie bras! Are they supportive enough? The only thing holding me back from buying them this morning was the concern that they wouldn't be supportive enough and there would be sagging issues.

3. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

I clearly shop too much and spend too much time at Target, but.... if you have the Cartwheel app, all Liz Lange Maternity Apparel is 20% through Sept. 13!

4. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: ugh! I just bought some stuff there yesterday and didnt check cartwheel!

I finally broke down yesterday and bought some warm weather maternity clothes. I had been surviving with non maternity yoga capris and one pair of maternity jeans and couldnt take it any longer! Targets maternity t-shirts are on sale might go get a few more since they are 20% off too! I had been holding off because i am only a mo th off from when i was pregnant last time and i will be pregnant theough the winter. But i just couldnt handle looking like a frump any more!

5. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: I got some maternity leggings and a long-sleeve shirt at Target with the cartwheel discount! Love getting things on sale.

6. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Lion: @Kbee: I'm tempted to go back and get another sweater. I'm wearing it right now (it may be hot and gross outside, but we keep it cool in the house), and it's so comfy I want more! I wish their new dresses had a little more style to them...they seemed to blah at the store.

7. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: @Mrs. Lion: There's also a new mobile coupon for $5 off a $25 Liz Lange purchase (text BABY3 to 827-438).

8. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@MsMiranda: They aren't as supportive as an underwire, but they are so much more comfortable that I don't care I don't feel "saggy" in them, really, but also not as "perky" as an underwire. I was a 36 C/D pre-pregnancy (I haven't measured lately to see what I am now. I'm a little scared to know... )

9. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

I ordered this shirt a few weeks ago and it just arrived and I LOVE IT. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5804&vid=1&pid=143932112 It makes me feel so cute - and that's hard to do right now.

@HeartAbandoned: I need to check those out! I hate bras right now.

10. Mrs. Rabbit

@mrs. tictactoe: Oh, that shirt is adorable, but darn-it, they don't have it in my size Maybe they'll get it back soon.

I bought some cropped leggins from target, but they fit weird in the crotch and now I'm sad. the full-length ones I had last time from there were fantastic. Maybe I just need to grow into these.

Does anyone have a Bravado bra? I was thinking of getting fitted for one, since I've heard good things.

11. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: Thanks for reminding me about ON maternity, I didn't check the site for a bit, and they have a ton of cute stuff!

I remember being 12 weeks and complaining that nothing fit... well now truly nothing fits and its a pain. Someone please remind me of this wonderful time 2 months from now!

12. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@AnneBird: I placed a big ON order over the weekend with 20% and I JUST noticed that today everything on site is 30% off with the code SAVEMORE. Maybe I need more??

How is everyone doing? It's starting to cool down here and I can't wait to wear all these cute clothes we're all stocking up on. Other than that I feel like I'm in a boring phase. No "fun" symptoms to complain about at the moment and no real news... just waiting to meet my new doc next week!

13. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

Has anyone gotten clothing from ASOS Maternity? Just wondering if anyone had tired their stuff before i order.

14. Mrs. Rabbit

For those of you feeling the baby, where about are you feeling it? I'm feeling this one SUPER low, like below/near my belly button. Last time around this week she was high—her first kick was almost up by my ribs. I'm guessing it's just where everything's situated this time?

15. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Just spent way too much money at Motherhood because I got so sick of my clothes and really just need a comfy pair of jeans... in doing so I made 2 discoveries:
    1. The Target jeans probably just suck because the full panel was super baggy in the front where the denim meets the panel so they look bad... but none of the Motherhood jeans had this problem!
    2. This pregnancy seems to be affecting my impulse buying... I might have to go through my purchases very carefully tonight and decide what to return.

16. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: Cute shirt!

@loopedd: I know I can't wait for it to cool down. I just bought 3 sweaters from H&M but I haven't been able to wear them yet! Oh, btw, I bought my ticket for the baby shower thing! I'm so excited!

@maddyz: I've bought clothes from ASOS before, but not the maternity ones. It's not standard American sizing, so just make sure you check out the size chart. They have a good return policy though, so it's not too big a deal to return something if it doesn't fit. They have cute stuff!

@Mrs. Rabbit: I feel the baby kick down low too, below my belly button.

@Circusbee: Buying a higher quality pair of jeans is SO worth it. I had the same problem with a cheap pair from H&M, and it was so frustrating! I spent way too much on the new pair, but they are amazing. They are the best jeans I've ever owned in my entire life, haha.

17. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Aria: Oh good I'm so glad you're going! I bought a couples ticket last week, I figured DH can carry things We will have to meet up to say hello at least!

18. ndepet

pea / 24 posts

hi all!
    just wanted to let you know although I dont post, I do keep up with the board!

question for people either feeling the kicks / 2nd time pregnancies: this early on (17 weeks wednesday) is it normal to feel kicks consistently and then maybe not feel them... I don't think I felt them yesterday or today.. is this normal? trying not to worry..

19. Mrs. Rabbit

@ndepet: No actual kicks for me yet, but I am feeling the baby. I'll feel it move for bursts at a time and then nothing for hours or even a day or so.

20. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@loopedd: It's cooling down here too and I'm so exciting about it!

@maddyz: I've been checking out ASOS too. We have a wedding next month so I was looking at dresses. Was wondering the same thing about the sizing

@Mrs. Rabbit: I feel it low. Usually on the left side below my bellybutton

@Circusbee: If we had a Motherhood, I'd be buying way too much too. Unluckily for me, we don't have a single maternity store here so it makes buying things tough. I don't like buying on line as I like to try on first

@ndepet: I feel my kicks on and off. I think it's probably because they're still so light that we just don't notice it all the time. I don't think I'd be worried at this stage considering so many people don't even feel kicks for weeks yet

21. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

after all this talk of maternity clothes, I went and looked at motherhood maternity online. FYI.. buy one get one free on all sale items! I got 2 shirts, a pair of jeans, and a pair of pj's haha. For $88 with shipping! Not bad!

22. mrs. tictactoe

@maddyz: I got a dress from ASOS maternity when I was pregnant with Liam. I liked it, but it was a little big.

@Mrs. Rabbit: definitely low! I have a long torso, though, so I never felt kicks with Liam up in my ribs like other describe.

23. Mrs. Rabbit

What are you guys eating these days? I'm in a rut, but I'm hungry all the time lately and never have any idea what to make/eat, and I'm really trying not to eat fast food as much (because it was getting to be a problem there in the first tri!).

24. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Rabbit: I was a bottomless pit today. I kept eating and wanted more. I try to get protein where I can - hard boiled eggs are a quick and easy favorite. I bought a ton of frozen stuff from trader joes today - Chinese, Indian, pizza, meatballs... I'm not really enjoying salad, but I do like cooked vegetables. The easiest way for me is to get a bag of frozen veggies and throw them in with whatever I'm making.

25. Mrs. Rabbit

@mrs. tictactoe: hard boiled eggs—perfect! I need to buy more eggs today anyway, so i'll make some! Haha i hear you on the veggies. My latest thing (well, for a few months now) has been broccoli. I buy the little frozen steamer bags, heat them up and then eat the entire bag with some lemon on it.

And it's 7 am right now and I want every single breakfast food known to man. These babies are growing!!!

26. mtex14

cherry / 111 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: That's exactly how I felt yesterday I was a bottomless pit! Funny some days I am not that hungry and other days I am starving! Lately though been more hungry def think you are right Mrs. Rabbit the babies are growing and so is my belly

So excited at 1pm today I find out the gender! I will let you ladies know!

27. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@mtex14: Yay can't wait to hear!!

@mrs. tictactoe: @Mrs. Rabbit: My first answer to "What are you eating these days?" was um, everything. Yesterday was a hungry day for me too! Every morning is a bagel or breakfast sandwich, and the rest of the day is trying to get a veggie in around all the carbs. My bump is def growing, though it's not really photo-worthy yet!

28. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@mtex14: hooray!! Can't wait to hear!

I still have little appetite, but I am hungry A LOT. Does that even make sense? It's like I don't want to eat but I HAVE TO. Also, I'm not sure I said this here yet, but the midwife I saw last Friday said that I am not eating enough protein, so I keep trying to force myself to eat peanut butter and chicken and cheese all day long... honestly it's pretty exhausting. Although twice this week I really wanted grilled cheese and tomato soup and it sounds really good again... so I think I'm going to get it again. It's protein in the cheese and vegetables in the soup right?? Soooo healthy!

29. Mrs. Rabbit

@Circusbee: yeah, i'm having a hard time getting protein in, so I"m forcing myself to eat greek yogurt, and I realllly need to hard boil some eggs!

@mtex14: YAY! Can't wait to hear!!!

30. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@mtex14: Yay! Can't wait to find out what you're having!!

31. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Ahhh greek yogurt is a good idea. I'll get some today on my way home. Thanks!

32. Mrs. Lion

@Circusbee: i have this problem too. I am starving all the time but nothing sounds good at all. So frustrating!

@Mrs. Rabbit: trader joes has a greek yogurt that is so insanely delicious. Its a full fat strawberry vanilla. I bought like 6 of them this week to eat for breakfast. Its got a lot of sugar and 320 calories, but also a lot of protein and fat, so i figure they are fine right now since they actually taste good to me (i am having a terrible time finding breakfast foods!) and i eat them with a banana as my whole meal.

33. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Lion: the closest TJ's is 2 hours from here BUT when I'm home, there's one like 10 minutes from my mom's house, so i'll stock up on some while i'm there!

34. Mrs. Lion

@mtex14: eek so exciting!!!

35. mrs. tictactoe

So, yesterday I was super hungry and today I'm crampy/stretchy - like it feels like my belly and uterus are stretching. Is it possible that I'm feeling growth? I feel so uncomfortable today. Blah.

36. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@mtex14: stalking and excited to find out what it are having!

37. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: @Mrs. Lion: @Circusbee: I also am hungry ALL the time. But I can't eat huge meals or else I feel too full, so I'm really just eating all.of.the.time. My DH laughs when I get SO full from eating a small dinner, and then an hour later I proclaim I'm starving again.

@mrs. tictactoe: I also have felt tons of stretching this week. It feels like whatever is going on in there is too big for the space it has and is just stretching, stretching, stretching. It's a really weird feeling.

@mtex14: Can't wait to see your news!!!

38. mrs. tictactoe

@Kbee: That happens to me at dinner, too! I can't eat much, then I'm hungry as I'm lying in bed.

39. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Circusbee: Oh and now I want grilled cheese and tomato soup thanks to you May have to mention to DH that we'll be switching up the dinner plan tonight!

40. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I've been feeling like this too! It's like post-Thanksgiving Day full, but I haven't eaten more than normal.

And agree to all of you talking about small stomachs but hungry all the time!! This is why I've been waking up at around midnight every night absolutely STARVING.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee