Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

Thanks to everyone who has asked about our scan! It went great, everything looks normal, and we have a healthy baby BOY! We had no preferences either way, we are just glad he is healthy. But we are so excited now that we know!!

2. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Kbee: wow your intuition was spot on!! Congratulations! My first was a boy and he is the love of my life.

3. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Kbee: Congrats on your baby boy!! How exciting!

4. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Kbee: yay congrats! That's so exciting!

I'm having such a blah day today. I can't believe how exhausted I am lately. I was in bed at 8 last night and I could have sworn it was actually 3am I was to tired. Today is no better, I can't stop dragging my butt around! I hope it starts getting better. I have my monthly check up tomorrow.. my scan next week which I'm so excited for! Aside from that just truckin along still! Just about half way!

5. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@Kbee: Congrats on the baby boy! What exciting news.

6. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Kbee: Hooray congrats!!

7. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, i've been MIA lately due to the new job...Our anatomy scan is 10/6. So nice to see the gender announcements starting to roll in! I can't believe i'm almost halfway done with this pregnancy. The good thing about when we're due, too, is that with the holidays, November through early January goes by in a flash!

8. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Kbee: Yay a boy!! Congrats Glad everything looks good!

@dagret: I was thinking the same thing about the holidays, and lots of yummy food I won't feel a bit bad about indulging in this year

I'm meeting my new doc tomorrow. So excited, will be 18w exactly so will hopefully schedule an anatomy scan with her ASAP. Only snag is that I requested my records be sent from my old doc to the new doc 2 weeks ago and they're MIA. So I'm thinking I'll have to go to the old doc today and hopefully not make a scene... But overall it solidifies my happiness in my decision to switch!!

9. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

February 2015 Mamas
    February 3rd: LilJane (#2)
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1)
    February 6th: Swedishfish (#2 ), Mrs. Coral (#1), Mtex14 (#1 )
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2)
    February 8th: Caitlanc (#2)
    February 9th: MrsB2012 (#2)
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2), ndepet (#1)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2)
    February 13th: TheFixIts (#2 and #3)
    February 14th: Aria (#1), AnneBird (#1 )
    February 15th: Baby2Feb15 (#2)
    February 16th: Kbee (#1 ), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1), Callalillylove (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1)
    February 18th: GreeneB2 (#1)
    February 19th: Loopedd (#1 )
    February 20th: Lone Palm (#2)
    February 23rd: Dagret (#2), maddyz (#1)
    February 24th: Mrs. Tictactoe (#2 ), cmomma17 (#2)
    February 25th: Sugarmammary (#1)
    February 26th: Abdubbs (#1 and #2)
    February 27th: MsMiranda (#2), Mrs. Lion (#2)
    February 28th: Beanie132 (#1)
    March 1st: Intotheocean (#2)
    March 8th: scg00387 (#2)

10. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Thanks for keeping the list up! How are you doing?

11. mtex14

cherry / 111 posts

@Kbee: Congrats! That is so exciting

12. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@loopedd: You're welcome! I just love seeing all the & thrown in there! Doing well over here. SO ready to find out if we're blue or pink - only 8 days to go! Feeling lots of movement, which is super fun, but DH can't feel anything from the outside yet. We're hoping that happens soon! I have a wedding & bridal luncheon to go to this weekend, so wardrobe planning has been a little tricky. I'm lucky in that I don't have to dress up for my job, but that means that I don't really know what works in terms of dressy clothes! I have lots of hand-me-down items, but most of them I just don't quite fit into, even though I feel like my bump is way huge for (almost) 19 weeks!

13. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

When @loopedd: replied about the list, I realized I forgot to add that @Mrs. Detour: is ! Anyone else staying ? (We can always update later if you change your mind )

ETA: @Aria: !

February 2015 Mamas
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1 )
    February 14th: Aria (#1 ), AnneBird (#1 )
    February 16th: Kbee (#1 ), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1), Callalillylove (#1)

14. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@Kbee: Congrats!!

15. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@HeartAbandoned: don't tempt me! We went to a baby boutique to build out our registry yesterday and we were overwhelmed by all of the really cute but gendered toys.

16. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I'm !

17. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@dagret: Ahhh the fact that the holiday months will fly by is CRAZY!!! Feb will be here before we know it!

@loopedd: So happy you're switching and feel good about the move. Every appointment I have at my new place makes me happier and happier.

Had my anatomy scan today!!!!!! It was awesome and I totally cried when I saw the baby—can't believe how much it's changed since the first ultrasound We found out what we're having...but I'm not sharing it yet. (Such a tease, I know!) I'm going home next week and i'm going to tell my family first. I know people in real life on here, so I can't spill the beans quite yet!

18. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Glad yours went well too!

I love hearing about everyone's anatomy scans!! I'm impatiently counting down the days until we get to see our little peanut for the first time! only 9 more!

19. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: So glad everything went well, and I can't wait to hear the news!

20. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Oh, I feel like dressing ourselves is the most complicated part of this whole thing!

@Mrs. Rabbit: Oooh, tell us as soon as you can!!

21. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

I love my OB. It's so funny after so much switching and drama, I ended up just picking one at random and she's awesome.

So, she did an ultrasound, I didn't even ask. She said the partial abruption is really hard to diagnose and she said it could be that, or could be previa because the placenta is really close to the cervix, or it could be a fibroid because she saw a bulge. I have my anatomy scan in the next week or two, so that should tell us more. Baby looks great and she said if this particular incident were to cause a miscarriage, it would have happened already. Since I'm not bleeding now and it's been a few days and baby looks good, that's all very good.

At first she said I should take a week off, but in the end she left it up to me. No lifting, take it easy. I can do that.

22. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: So glad you like the doc. Sounds like a very reassuring appointment. Great news that the baby is doing well!!

23. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: So glad for good news, and that you love your new OB!

24. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@HeartAbandoned: We are staying team green until the baby shower, which will probably be in late November/early December.

25. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@mrs. tictactoe that's so good.

I am really struggling with doing less liftingt. My job usually involves a lot of lifting, sometimes light construction and work on ladders. I have noticed that my abs are just not there like they used to be when I go lift. There are people around who can help me. But I feel self conscious asking. I know I need to get over it. It's been leaving my back and round ligaments sore at the end of the day.

Anyone else having trouble taking it easy?

26. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

Thanks everyone!

@mrs. tictactoe: SO good to hear that things are okay. Such great news!

@Mrs. Rabbit: Yay for another anatomy scan! I can't wait to hear what it is

@loopedd: Good luck with your new doctor!

27. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Iced Tea: I can't believe you are waiting that long to find out! I'd be going nuts with anticipation But sounds like it will be a very fun shower!

28. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

February 2015 Mamas
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1 )
    February 14th: Aria (#1 ), AnneBird (#1 )
    February 16th: Kbee (#1 ), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1 ), Callalillylove (#1)

29. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

Congrats to everyone who found out!

@maddyz: It's not just lifting for me, but also moving at any rate faster than a light stroll. Its weird, but I almost feel like the bump gains its own momentum? I may have to look into those support belts.

30. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@annebird I know! I get winded going up the stairs!

31. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@AnneBird: the bump gaining its own momentum made me laugh! But I think I know what you're talking about

I got a steal yesterday on a car seat! There was a Chicco Keyfit 30 on the end of the aisle at Target on clearance for $93.01 (regular $189.99). It was a repackage so that's why it was on clearance, but I was still surprised that it was more than half off! I also got an OXO diaper wipes container that was on clearance for $5 (regular $19.99), because it was an online item returned to the store.

I'm going to check out the baby aisles at Target regularly to see if I can score any more clearance deals!

32. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

@Kbee: Oh, good finds!

I've also slowly started buying things for baby. My general plan was to spend the bulk of our budget on the big things like crib/stroller/car seat, and try to get the other stuff second-hand.... but then I happened across a baby boutique that was going out of business and bought a bunch of clothes. Best laid plans!

I am planning on going to a big consignment sale tomorrow (the Just Between Friends sale) and see what the big deal is--Has anyone been to one of these large sales before? Any tips? Do I need to bring laundry baskets?

33. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Kbee: Nice!!

Speaking of deals... you all probably know this, but the first time you shop at Motherhood you get a package of free samples and coupons (including 1 20% off coupon for Buy Buy baby). And, make sure to head to the registry centers at BRU, BBB, and Target at some point even if you started your registries online for more coupons and free samples!

34. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@AnneBird: Ooh I was thinking about going to the Just Between Friends sale when it comes to my area next Thursday, but it's the DAY BEFORE my anatomy scan so we still won't know the gender... if you go, you'll have to let me know if there's enough good stuff that's not clothes.

35. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Kbee: That is IMPRESSIVE!

@AnneBird: I think baby clothes are pretty much impossible to resist

@Circusbee: I did my first Motherhood trip a few weeks ago and got a TON of coupons that will be activated next week, like $35 of your purchase of $70 or something like that... sure to make me spend more, but I did hold off on buying a warm jacket just to use them!

Meeting the new doc yesterday was really nice and I'm so glad we made the switch! She is young and funny and I felt so much more comfortable with her right off the bat. Now I know I'll be delivering at a hospital that looks lovely and everyone in the practice was really nice. Such a relief! Anatomy scan scheduled for two weeks from today

36. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@maddyz: I am definitely having a hard time taking it easy at all! I've kind of given up on it. I'm too self-sufficient and my toddler is too darn heavy!

37. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@Kbee: I am curious, but i don't feel any urgency to find out. After losing our first pregnancy, I really am only concerned that baby is healthy. Our anatomy scan was yesterday and we both stuck to the plan of looking away when she checked gender. The tech saved that for the end so she could turn off the DVD recorder beforehand. I hadn't even thought of that, so I'm glad she did. She wrote the gender in a card for us and sealed it in an envelope. I will have to hide it somewhere where my obsessed relatives cannot find it! They are still shocked that we didn't change our minds and find out the gender.

@maddyz: I haven't found it very realistic to take it easy either. We are still in the process of moving and I can't help lifting things sometimes.

Everything looked good at our anatomy scan. She went faster than I expected; it was only 20 minutes. I wish it was longer. She confirmed that the placenta was posterior, which helps explain how I felt movement fairly early. I've been feeling lots of movement lately, especially after eating and if I place something warm on my belly (like the dog!).

38. immabeetoo

honeydew / 7687 posts

@Kbee: what is a diaper wipes container? Nice car seat find!

Y'all I wasted so much money on clothes with my first! He grew crazy fast so the seasons/sizes were all off and he wore sleepers until he was six months old.

We are officially team green per DHs request and honestly it bums me out!! I want to know. Oh well.
    @marzipan: yeah I move stuff all the time! And haul my 30lb toddler around. I figure moms across the world are carrying their older kids right

39. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

I still can't feel baby movement of any kind. I will be 18w tomorrow with my first. I am usually very sensitive to my body, because of that I guess I had my hopes up for early detection. This is all normal right?

Just freaking out this morning...

40. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@maddyz: There have been a lot of threads about when you first felt the baby move, and many, many people responded not until later (like week 20), especially if they had an anterior placenta. I hope you feel movement soon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee