Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

February 2015 Mamas
    February 3rd: LilJane (#2 )
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1 )
    February 6th: Swedishfish (#2 ), Mrs. Coral (#1), Mtex14 (#1 )
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2 )
    February 8th: Caitlanc (#2)
    February 9th: MrsB2012 (#2 )
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2), ndepet (#1)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2)
    February 13th: TheFixIts (#2 and #3)
    February 14th: Aria (#1 ), AnneBird (#1 )
    February 15th: Baby2Feb15 (#2)
    February 16th: Kbee (#1 ), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1 ), Callalillylove (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1)
    February 18th: GreeneB2 (#1)
    February 19th: Loopedd (#1 )
    February 20th: Lone Palm (#2)
    February 23rd: Dagret (#2), maddyz (#1)
    February 24th: Mrs. Tictactoe (#2 ), cmomma17 (#2)
    February 25th: Sugarmammary (#1)
    February 26th: Abdubbs (#1 and #2)
    February 27th: MsMiranda (#2), Mrs. Lion (#2)
    February 28th: Beanie132 (#1)
    March 1st: Intotheocean (#2)
    March 8th: scg00387 (#2 )

2. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@LilJane: that's so tough, I'm sorry Congrats on beautiful baby girl #2 though! I bet you guys will find a way to get excited before February!

3. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@LilJane: I'm so sorry.

4. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: @MrsB2012: congrats on sisters!!!

@LilJane: aw I'm so sorry. That would be really hard. Perhaps try watching Frozen or something fun about sisters to get your personal excitement up a bit.

Sorry for constant stalking but I love to keep up with all of the bees and know how their pregnancy is going and what they are having. Can't wait to hear about more!

5. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@MrsB2012: @Mrs. Rabbit: congrats on girls!!!

@Circusbee: I just got my flu shot yesterday. I usually get it every year, but was definitely a little nervous this time, even though they say it's perfectly safe for the babies and that pregnant women need to get it. I think we just worry about everything! Did you end up getting yours?

@AnneBird: I think we are doing BBB and Amazon registries also. It was tough for us to decide, and DH kind of thinks we should do BOTH BBB and BRU and duplicate all items in between the two, to accommodate the people who don't have a BBB near them. But I don't know? That seems excessive?

@Thefixits: Did you confirm 2 boys??

@Beanie132: Good luck deciding about team green or not! It will be exciting for you either way, I'm sure

@LilJane: That sounds so hard, I hope that the sooner the baby's arrival becomes, that the more excited everyone will get. I'm sure they will I never had a sister (2 brothers), and I always wanted one!

6. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

By the way, I love that our list is filling up with colors! How exciting!

7. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@LilJane: this is 100% what we are experiencing. I feel bad that I'm not as excited as I was with B because I know that he's disappointed. Inside I'm so happy but I'm afraid to show it around him. I know he will love her just as much as any boy we would have had, and I know I would be the same way if it was reversed. I'm sure they will both come around

8. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Kbee: I did! I got it yesterday, and besides a sore arm, I'm totally fine, haha! I definitely psyched myself out over it!

9. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Circusbee: oh good! glad it wasn't so bad!

10. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@LilJane: I'm sorry, that sounds like a difficult situation. Congrats on your little girl though!

All this talk about flu shots reminds me I really need to get mine. I just keep procrastinating because I hate needles! I know it's not that bad but it's easy to put off when there's no one forcing you to go.

11. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@AnneBird:
    - Registry:
    I started with an amazon registry, and it's my favorite. There are a number of special items there that just aren't available elsewhere and it is SO helpful to have the reviews in front of you as you decide what to add. At my grandmother's insistence, I then registered at BBB because some people don't shop online. I liked BBB way better than BRU stores I've visited. Then I added more items via their website. A couple of relatives went on to insist on BRU because it is all they have in their town, so I gave in and registered for a limited number of things on their website (mostly things I considered extras that aren't on the other registries because I don't feel like dealing with BRU concerning duplicates).

For me the registry covers birth to 6 months because I know we will be moving when baby is just a few months old, and I don't want to collect a bunch of stuff I will have to move before I ever use it.

- Baby Classes:
    I'm taking as many as possible. The birthing center has them at a very reasonable price. Breastfeeding, natural childbirth, baby care, and anything else they schedule between now and then.

- Baby Shower: I'm thinking I will allow the registry info.

In other news, my husband felt the baby kick last night! My bump is getting pretty big now too. I think these things are making it more real to him. He talks about the baby a lot now. I'm glad to see him get excited.

12. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

Hi ladies! I'm totally behind on responding to posts, so sorry! I'll try to catch up later tonight. But I had to pop in and share our excitement -- we're having a girl!

13. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@Iced Tea: Where are you feeling the kicks? Mine are still below the belly button. I felt it for the first time on the outside last night—YAY!

14. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: usually below the belly button. The baby kicks the most shortly after I eat. And often right after I lay down.

15. Mrs. Rabbit

@Iced Tea: thanks! I keep forgetting that I felt my first kick around 23 weeks, so she was higher up. This whole low-baby thing is just so weird. Awesome, but weird!

16. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@marzipan: Congrats on your girl!!!

@Iced Tea: @Mrs. Rabbit: I think I felt two big kicks one day last week (below belly button), but none since Hoping they start more often soon!

17. TheFixIts

cherry / 168 posts

They are 100% boys! And maybe even identical?!
    @kbee

18. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@marzipan: congrats on your girl!!

@thefixits: yay for 2 baby boys! so fun!!

4 hours and 42 minutes until my ultrasound! Seems like forever away! Trying to stay super busy at work, but it's also a gloomy, dreary day. I had dreams about announcing #2 is a boy, and my DH is still convinced we are having a girl. I just hope I, and the rest of my girl crazy family, don't feel any disappointment if I'm right and it's a boy!

19. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@TheFixIts: Yay! Congrats!

@cmomma17: Thanks and good luck! It was so surreal this time around to have the ultrasound. I had prepared myself for a second sweet boy, but we are thrilled to be getting one of each. Either way, it sounded like a fun little family!

20. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

So any second (or more) time moms out there ever dealt with placenta previa? The only bummer from our ultrasound yesterday is learning that I have complete anterior placenta previa. I felt like my natural vaginal birth hopes were completely dashed, but I have since learned that most cases of placenta previa DO resolve on their own. My doctor was very doom and gloom about it, however.

Anyone have experiences to share?

21. LilJane

pea / 8 posts

@Mrs. Lion: @Aria: @MrsB2012: @MrsB2012: @Kbee: @cmomma17: @mrs. tictactoe: @MrsMccarthy: Thank you ladies for your sweet and supportive comments. It really means a lot!

I did talk to my husband last night and he assured me he is still excited for this pregnancy and knows he will love this little girl just as much as our first daughter. He kept saying that he was disappointed not because we will have two daughters, but he genuinely believes two is the perfect number for our family and so he has to let go of his dreams of raising a son, teaching him how to be a man and sharing that special father-son bond that he has with his own Dad. He said he had always pictured his future family with one boy and one girl like his family and my family had and so he was mourning that loss and trying to readjust to what our reality will be, but that his disappointment in not having a son does not take away from his joy of having two daughters as they are separate emotions.

We talked a lot about what his expectations had been like for his son, and I encouraged him that one of our daughters may like to pay golf and go on hikes and camping and play football, but even if not, I was sure they could find some special interest they share. I am feeling much better after our chat, even though I know he is still very upset about losing his dream of raising a son. Thanks again to everyone for their kind thoughts.

22. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LilJane: aww your husband sounds really sweet. I totally understand his feelings and that he needs to mourn one idea before he can embrace a new one. His girls will absolutely be his world!!!

23. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@marzipan: I truly will be excited for either option, one of each and a chance to raise a daughter, or two little dudes running around together! I hope someone chimes in with good placenta previa info for you, I'm sure everything will be just fine!

@liljane: I can totally understand your DH's feelings! I bet once he has a chance to mourn he will be able to move on. It sounds like you guys had a great talk and you're a wonderfully supportive wife

AFM, is it 3:30pm yet??? I want my ultrasound! (starting to lose my mind at work, hehe).

24. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@cmomma17: I'm so excited to find out what you are having!!! I will totally be stalking. Is this your last baby or do up have plans for more?

25. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@MrsMccarthy: this will be our/my last baby! DH already had two (boy and girl) from a previous marriage. That, plus age, makes him totally done! I'd have a third if I could. I think 2 boys would be so much fun, and LO (boy) is super cute so I'll adore another boy like him, but this will also be my only chance at a daughter! I'm nervous, but genuinely excited for either outcome.

26. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@LilJane: our husbands need to be friends haha. That's exactly what my husband was saying to. Basically to the word. ( Except the fact that he grew up with 2 brothers, not a sister like your husband. )

@marzipan: there was a board posted a while ago about placenta previa. I remember scanning through it and the majority of posters said it cleared on it's own? Try a search and see if you can find it maybe? I hope the next time you see your dr he has a better attitude about it.

@MrsMccarthy: How far along are you now? Is your pregnancy going well?

27. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@MrsB2012: Thank you! I will check on that!

28. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@cmomma17: Sep! Super excited! That was !y situation too. Two and through, I'd love three but not gonna push husband and doubt he will change his mind. Excited to find out what kind of family you will have!

@MrsB2012: aww you're so sweet! I'm 15 weeks and it's been going smoothing except for a stomach bug that I am currently fighting. Ouch!

29. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

So many updates this afternoon! We're thrilled to announce that we are also Team Blue!

@cmomma17: Just a little longer till we add your icon to this list!!

February 2015 Mamas
    February 3rd: LilJane (#2 )
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1 )
    February 6th: Swedishfish (#2 ), Mrs. Coral (#1), Mtex14 (#1 )
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2 )
    February 8th: Caitlanc (#2)
    February 9th: MrsB2012 (#2 )
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2 ), ndepet (#1)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1 ), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2)
    February 13th: TheFixIts (#2 and #3 )
    February 14th: Aria (#1 ), AnneBird (#1 )
    February 15th: Baby2Feb15 (#2)
    February 16th: Kbee (#1 ), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1 ), Callalillylove (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1)
    February 18th: GreeneB2 (#1)
    February 19th: Loopedd (#1 )
    February 20th: Lone Palm (#2)
    February 23rd: Dagret (#2), maddyz (#1)
    February 24th: Mrs. Tictactoe (#2 ), cmomma17 (#2)
    February 25th: Sugarmammary (#1)
    February 26th: Abdubbs (#1 and #2)
    February 27th: MsMiranda (#2), Mrs. Lion (#2)
    February 28th: Beanie132 (#1)
    March 1st: Intotheocean (#2)
    March 8th: scg00387 (#2 )

30. mrs. tictactoe

@LilJane: so glad you're feeling better. I think his feelings are totally understandable, but you're right that he will still be able to do a lot of those things with his daughters.

I have my anatomy scan today! I called because I haven't gotten the authorization in the mail yet, but they said it was approved and they had an opening today. I'm off work today for the Jewish holiday, so it works out perfectly! I hope it's "still" a girl, lol. And I hope they find that whatever caused the bleeding has resolved itself.

31. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: Good luck today! I can't wait to hear!!! I'm going to mine in exactly one hour!

32. Mrs. Rabbit

So many exciting updates!!!

@TheFixIts: Congrats on the boys!!! And identical? How fun!! @LilJane: I'm so happy you two were able to talk about it. @cmomma17: Excited to hear what you're having!!@mrs. tictactoe: YAY for anatomy scan AND crossing my fingers it's still a girl for ya! Also that everything is a-okay with the bleeding

33. mrs. tictactoe

Still a girl! She was moving a ton and the tech had a hard time getting the views she needed. She can't tell me much about the cause of the bleeding, but I'll call my dr on Monday to check in.

34. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

It's a BOY!!! I knew it!!

35. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: glad your little girl is in there happy and safe. Hopefully no news is good news and things have resolved themselves.

@cmomma17: momma's intuition was right this time! Mine was on for my first but way off with this pregnancy. Congrats on sweet brothers!

36. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@marzipan: @TheFixIts: @HeartAbandoned: @cmomma17: So many people found out the sex today!! Congrats on your little boys and girls!

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@TheFixIts: congrats on your boys! I missed it! Awesome!

38. Mrs. Coral

clementine / 812 posts

It's a girl!!! It's awesome to see this board exploding with good news and excitement the last few days

39. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Coral: wow! Congratulations on your daughter!

40. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@HeartAbandoned: aww, congrats on joining Team Blue! It's an awesome team in my opinion!

@mrs.tictactoe @mrs.Coral: hooray for healthy baby girls!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee