Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@circusbee I totally know what you mean about feeling like you aren't eating enough. I lost 14lbs in my first trimester and I am just now back at my pre pregnancy weight. I started adding a 4th small meal/snack to make sure I was eating enough and that has got my appetite back, so now I can just eat when I am hungry and I feel like it's enough. My midwife didn't seem worried at my 15w check up, but I was feeling like I needed a little more energy and was looking really thin in the face.

@Ice Tea I just put two big boxes of clothing that didn't fit anymore away and I feel like there are a few more things I could add after this week. Thing I thought I had a few more weeks in aren't working. It feels so much better to dress a bump!

2. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Detour: Ugh... So rude!! I give such dirty looks to people that don't give up seats for those who obviously need them. Makes me so mad!

3. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Aw thanks

Scan went well today. They saw some spots on baby's heart that could be a marker for downs but is mostly likely just calcifications. We did genetic screening and have no other markers, but we have a level 2 ultrasound scheduled anyway as a precaution. I'm sure it's all fine though. My doctor wasn't worried at all, so I'm not either. She said she had never sent anyone with no other red flags go for the level 2 and come back with anything other than "It's nothing".

We did find out the sex but i can't share here until we tell our families this weekend!

4. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

@maddyz: It IS so much nicer to dress a bump! Its only been the last week and a half that I feel like I've developed a real bump (as opposed to what I thought was a real bump, but was clearly just half-bloat and half mini bump) and this is way better.

5. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I think Winniebee went through the same thing an baby turned out to be just fine. Ill be thinking of you! Can't wait to find out.

6. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

we have our scan today and i'm so excited...but also so nervous. We havent seen the baby in quite a bit!we are potentially staying team green depending on how things go at the appointment!

7. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Beanie132: Yay!! Good luck!!

@Mrs. Lion: Glad your scan went well. Can't wait to hear the sex!

8. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@Beanie132: good luck today. Team Green is great!

9. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

@Mrs. Detour: I hope we can stay committed to not finding out, we've been back and forth since the beginning!!

10. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Glad your scan went well, can't wait to find out what you're having!!

@Beanie132: Good luck today!

11. ndepet

pea / 24 posts

did any of you either with your first pregnancies or currently deal with "gender disappointment"?

I knew all along this pregnancy the baby was a boy but I couldn't help but feel disappointed when I heard the ultrasound tech say "its a boy"! I am so SO grateful to have healthy baby growing there I just don't know how to do boy stuff. and i see SO many cute girl things and i think "i don't get to do that" i thought i would feel more connected to the pregnancy after this scan and knowing certainty of the gender but now I just feel kind of bummed.

did anyone else feel this way?

12. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@ndepet: we don't know what the baby is, but I am pretty sure that it's a boy (and everyone who looks at my bump thinks its a boy), but DH and I are still hoping for a girl. It's so hard to reconcile having a preference with the overwhelming feeling of just wanting a healthy baby.

13. Jruess

grape / 80 posts

Congrats to all the mamas who have had their scan! So exciting to see the genders!

I try to keep up with the board but Its always on my phone so I rarely take the time to post.

We have our scan tomorrow but are staying team green. Although I'm excited to wait (we found out with our first), it's hard not to waver a bit when I read about all you ladies finding out. my hubby is pretty set though so that is good.

Its a little overwhelming thinking how quickly the remaining time in this pregnancy is going to go. We are busy every weekend in October & then we get into thanksgiving & Christmas. The next three months will fly by!

14. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

anatomy scan went well yesterday! Here is our little baby!

15. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

and we stuck with being team green

16. Mrs. Lion

@Beanie132: congrats!!

17. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

Well we had our anatomy scan today and my husband, who was so set on being team green totally caved when the tech asked if we wanted to know the sex. We're having a girl !! Everything looks good, and we even got a 4D scan of the face, so we can kind of get an idea of what she looks like.

@ndepet: I also feel weirdly disappointed after our scan. I actually really wanted a girl, but I was also very excited about the idea of a boy, and I know my husband really wanted a boy, so even though I'm thrilled about our little girl, there's a lingering sadness. Right after our scan, we went into BBB to look at clothes, and I saw my husband looking at little boy stuff and I burst into tears. This feeling was completely unexpected, I thought I would be so excited.

@Beanie132: I'm glad everything went well, and good for you for staying team !

18. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Beanie132: Looks beautiful!

Loving all the and !

19. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

Yay for all the !!

I just looked at a calendar and figured out that I'll be in my third trimester at Thanksgiving. What?!?! This is already flying by!!

Also, I'll be 6 months at Halloween and I doubt my costume is still going to fit...

20. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Beanie132: what a sweet photo!

@Aria: congrats on your little girl! I think it's normal to be a bit sad when you find out you won't get one or the other. It will pass and will be excited very soon!

21. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: Third tri over the holidays is blowing my mind... and it'll be here before we know it!! What's your Halloween costume?

22. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I'm five weeks away from the third tri, and that's FREAKING ME OUT!!! The beginning crawled by at a snails pace and now time won't slow down. The holidays are going to make it fly!!

23. mrs. tictactoe

@loopedd: A dalmatian (Liam is going to be a fire fighter), but I bought a non maternity dress from target that has a dalmatian print. I was already planning on wearing leggings under because it might be too short, but now I'm afraid I won't get it over my belly and butt. If it really won't fit, maybe I can just cut slits on the sides or something....

24. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Rabbit: I know, I love how this time of year flies by - it makes work much more bearable.

25. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@ndepet: yes, so normal! My husband and I both dealt with that with our first child. I've always wanted a daughter and my husband comes from a family full of boys, so we both couldn't avoid disappointment when our first was a boy. That said, he's two now and totally amazing. Of course, we love him more than I could have ever imagined, and it's so fun to learn to do his "boy stuff" like his obsession with trucks! Whenever I think about that disappointment, I find myself looking at him and thinking "if he had been a girl, I certainly wouldn't have loved him even the tiniest bit more!"

26. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Last Friday when we had our anatomy scan, I was so excited to know, and teared up out of happiness when the ultrasound tech showed us his boy parts. That said, I can't help but feel a bit of disappointment since I don't know hardly anything about little boys! Over the past few years I've collected cute little things for little girls for free through my jobs and a box of perfectly preserved little girls dresses that my aunt wore when she was a baby from my grandmother's house. I feel a little sadness knowing I won't get to use those things... at least not soon.

But I also have been so fixated on "my son" for the past week, window shopping online for chunky baby sweaters and corduroys (SO cute!) and hearing stories from friends and family about how much their boys love their mommies. Then yesterday I thought, "what if they were wrong and it's really a girl?" And now I think I'd be a bit disappointed if it WEREN'T a boy! I think for me knowing he's a boy has made me feel closer to him. I love him so much and can't wait to meet him!

Happy Friday everyone!!! This week seemed to drag on...

27. mrs. tictactoe

I was reading this yesterday and looking through her bump pictures and started to feel HUGE. My bump is as big as hers, and yes, I'm a couple weeks ahead of her, but she has FOUR babies in there and I only have one.

http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/gardner-quadruplets-ivf-10022014-infertility-story-video/

28. mrs. tictactoe

@Circusbee: I think this is totally normal! I had very slight gender disappointment at first with Liam, but I went the opposite direction so quickly!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

29. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Lion: waiting to hear what you're having! Hope it was fun telling your folks!

30. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

Just back from our anatomy scan and he was very poorly behaved… she didn't get to see half the stuff she needed to! So we're going back in 10 days for a repeat. However, what she could see and measure looked perfect, which was awesome. And he's still a boy… we could see him playing with his junk!!

@Circusbee: We were thinking GIRLGIRLGIRL so much before we found out he was a boy that I was so shocked when we found out! I was worried that I'd be disappointed, and there was a little kind of drop in my stomach, but it was pretty short lived. The boy clothes are SO adorable and you're right, knowing makes me feel like he's real person!

31. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

We just had our anatomy scan... it's a girl!

32. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@GreeneB2: congratulations on your baby girl!!!

33. mtex14

cherry / 111 posts

Congrats on the anatomy scans all the boys and girls!

Just wanted to vent the thing that I am struggling with is I have an anterior placenta and the Dr said its like the baby kicking a pillow so it will be harder for me to feel ..im 22 weeks and only felt her move a handful of times...hope it gets better just peace of mind to feel her jumping around in there

34. Mrs. Lion

@mtex14: I am right there with you! It is so frustrating. The best part of pregnancy is the kicks and movements and I feel like I am missing out So silly, I know. But I totally know where you are coming from

ETA: It WILL get better I had the same problem my first pregnancy, and around 25 weeks I started feeling him all the time! A few weeks later DH could feel him from the outside. By like 29 weeks I could feel where he was all the time, with his little head or butt sticking out (he was breech too). Hang in there!

35. mtex14

cherry / 111 posts

@Mrs. Lion: thank you so much makes me feel so much better to hear that! I can't wait for that to happen thanks again!

36. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

Congrats to all the boys, girls, and greens! I read every day but don't post often as I'm usually on my phone at work. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by!

@mtex14: I had an anterior placenta with #1. I didn't really start to feel much until around 22 weeks. One day I didn't feel much then all of a sudden it just didn't stop! I didn't feel on the outside until the late 20's I think. It'll happen soon I bet!

37. Mrs. Lion

Finally got to tell the fam today baby #2 is a girl!

38. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Yay!! Congrats!

39. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Lion: aww how fun! Congratulations on your daughter!

40. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Happy Monday ladies! How's everyone doing on their nurseries? We just finished all of our "construction" in there over the weekend and as a reward, the crib is ordered! It's really going to start looking like a baby's room soon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee