Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

This has been such a fun week on this board! Congrats, mamas!

February 2015 Mamas
    February 3rd: LilJane (#2 )
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1 )
    February 6th: Swedishfish (#2 ), Mrs. Coral (#1 ), Mtex14 (#1 )
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2 )
    February 8th: Caitlanc (#2)
    February 9th: MrsB2012 (#2 )
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2 ), ndepet (#1)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1 ), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2)
    February 13th: TheFixIts (#2 and #3 )
    February 14th: Aria (#1 ), AnneBird (#1 )
    February 15th: Baby2Feb15 (#2)
    February 16th: Kbee (#1 ), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1 ), Callalillylove (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1)
    February 18th: GreeneB2 (#1)
    February 19th: Loopedd (#1 )
    February 20th: Lone Palm (#2)
    February 23rd: Dagret (#2), maddyz (#1)
    February 24th: Mrs. Tictactoe (#2 ), cmomma17 (#2 )
    February 25th: Sugarmammary (#1)
    February 26th: Abdubbs (#1 and #2)
    February 27th: MsMiranda (#2), Mrs. Lion (#2)
    February 28th: Beanie132 (#1)
    March 1st: Intotheocean (#2)
    March 8th: scg00387 (#2 )

2. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@HeartAbandoned: not sure how I missed yours but congrats on your sweet baby boy!

3. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

Just popping in to say hello and congrats to all the moms that have had their anatomy scans!

We had DH birthday dinner last night and opened the envelope from our scan a few weeks ago and found out we are having a boy ! We are excited!

4. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

Congrats to everyone who has announced the sex in the last few days!!!

5. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Another healthy baby over here!!!

6. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

Congrats everyone. How exciting!

7. reyorra

apricot / 288 posts

for us! So excited for M to be a big sister to a little boy!

8. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Wow, more baby boys! congrats ladies!!

9. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsTal: @Circusbee: @reyorra: congrats on your sweet baby boys!

Blue is dominating this show so far.

10. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

This is so much fun!!!!!!! YAY for babies

11. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

Holy! I can't believe how many scans we had this week! Congrats to all the mommas! Now that we know the genders, I hope that nursery inspiration board gets going! There's a nice crib on sale at Sears this week ( for any Canadians ) regular $349, and it's on for $99.00, I'm going to get it tomorrow! I think I'm going to get it in white.

12. Mrs. Rabbit

I'm so torn on what to do for a nursery. Since this is our second girl, and I know she won't be moving into her room (crib) until around 4 months, part of me wants to just not worry about it. Then, the other part knows that we need to take allllllll the stuff out of our guest room/office and make room for her, and that I should do that sooner than later. But then I have no idea how to decorate it! I had my first daughter's room planned out for so long that I'm still stuck on that theme and don't know what to do for this one. I'm so torn on what to do and when.

13. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: me too. I was thinking of not even touching the nursery until after she was born. I know she will sleep in our room in the cradle until 3/4 months like B did. Then I would have a better idea if I should get a crib for the new baby, or get B a regular bed and give the baby her old crib. With B I was obsessed on having the nursery all ready to go, but with this one, I'm more lax as I know we won't use it for a few months. I think I'm going to start working on it soon as I think I might freak out right before she's born in a nesting stage and demand getting it done ASAP. That won't be easy around Xmas though haha.

14. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: i was so scared of losing this baby through the first trimester that i decided to focus on lo's big boy room instead and leave the nursery as is if we have another boy it will stay the same, with a couple diy personal touches. If we have a girl i am going to add some inexpensive magenta accents that will "girly" it up a bit, but it will generally be the same. It was easier for me to come up with a new "theme" for lo because i know him already and know what he likes

15. Mrs. Rabbit

@MrsB2012: YES! I'm in the same boat as you. How old is B? J's almost 19 months (potty training her when I get back home from vacation), so I have no idea what to do about a second crib/bed.

@Mrs. Lion: So are you switching rooms for your son or just redoing it into a big boy room?

16. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: he switched rooms! It was the perfect time to move him out of the crib too...we kept the room empty except his bed and the rug and was sleeping normally within a couple days.

17. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Lion: Jealous! He and J are the same age (give or take a week or so, right?) She sleeps through the night, but still moves around quite a bit, which is what makes me nervous about transitioning.

18. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: we just have a really thin twin mattress on the floor. The first few days he fell asleep in random places in the room and we just moved him to the bed once he was asleep. Now he might get up for a bit right after we leave but he falls asleep in the bed every time. His toys are out of sight but he has a basket of books next to his bed (2 weeks in and I just put that out yesterday) that he flips through before going to sleep. We will gradually add more stuff as he adjusts. It's been great so far!

19. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

First, congratulations to everyone who found out this week!

I had the 20W US and its still a boy! But we also found out that the baby will likely be born with a clubbed foot, possibly bilateral. They don't know how bad it is yet or whether its a sign of something else, so I ended up getting an amnio yesterday too. The good news is that everything else seems to be OK... but we won't know for sure until Wednesday.

Honestly? I had never heard of clubfoot and have never met anyone with a baby with clubbed feet, but apparently this is not even classified as a "rare" thing by the insurance companies and you don't "see it" because the bulk of the treatment is done before the baby is 1.

It doesn't hurt that my FIL, who is an OBGYN, was totally fine with the news. Like: "yeah, babies with clubfoot are born all the time." Now we have to wait until birth to determine the severity and we'll take it from there!

20. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

February 2015 Mamas
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1 ), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2 )
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2 ), ndepet (#1)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1 ), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2 )
    February 16th: Kbee (#1 ), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1 ), Callalillylove (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1 )

21. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

Wow… that list is AMAZING! Love all the pink and blue. Congrats to everyone who's been getting the exciting news lately. I haven't been posting much because I've been out of town and off my normal work schedule, but I've been keeping up!

I met my new doc last week and I'm SO glad we made the switch. The office was just so calm and peaceful compared to my old NYC doc (we're now in the NJ suburbs). I have a great feeling about it, and I felt so much more comfortable with my new female doc from the get-go. Anatomy scan this coming Friday, finally! We already know he's a boy but I feel like I haven't seen him in forever and want to see him swimming around in there again

@AnneBird: Glad he's still a boy I don't have personal experience with club foot but I just remembered reading an acquaintance's blog post a couple of years ago about her firstborn's club foot. I thought it might be helpful for you to read a firsthand account of how one family worked through the same news you just got. The little girl is 4 now and thriving!

http://www.everythingdesignish.com/those-beautiful-feet/

22. Mrs. Lion

@AnneBird: im so glad fil has experience and was able to reassure you!

Is anyone else not feeling baby move yet? I keep thinking *maybe* and then deciding it probably wasnt. Im 18.5 weeks. My anatomy scan is tomorrow (yay!!) but the closer ultrasounds get the more nervous i get that something is wrong. Move, baby, move!!

23. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@Mrs. Lion: this week is the first week that I'm feeling defined kicks and jabs instead of flutters and I'm about 22 weeks along with a baby that the OB describes as "huge"

24. Mrs. Rabbit

@Mrs. Lion: do you know if you have an anterior placenta? I had one last time; I was just reading back on my last pregnancy and I didn't feel J move until 19 weeks...didn't feel kicks on the outside until around 23 weeks.

25. ndepet

pea / 24 posts

Hi ladies!

We have another boy over here!!! YAY!!

26. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@ndepet: Congrats on the baby boy!

27. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

February 2015 Mamas
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1 ), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2 )
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2 ), ndepet (#1 )
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1 ), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2 )
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1 )

28. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

@loopedd: Thanks for the link!

@Mrs. Lion: I *think* I've been feeling the baby, but it could be in my head...

29. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Lion: 20w on Thurs and noooo movement here

30. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@Mrs. Lion 19 weeks today and still nothing I am sure is baby movement. I think once I feel something and know it is I'll realize I've been feeling that for a long time. As of now I can always convince myself it's my tummy or something.

My anatomy scan isn't until next Wednesday. It feels like ages to wait. I am also super nervous. I have been thinking about asking my midwife if I could have a quick appointment to listen before I go in for my scan. I would so much rather have her be the one to tell me something is not right than find out at the scan. But I don't want to be annoying... I am busy at work so mostly it's not on my mind, but keeps me up sometimes.

31. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@ndepet: congratulations on your little man!

32. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

As of today, I've gained 25 pounds. The good news is that my due date is now 2/2 but that still only puts me at just over 22 weeks. I'm hoping I can keep it to a pound a week from here on out so that I finish at just over 40 pounds gained. My OB is going to be disappointed since she wanted me to try to slow down the weight gain this month. How are you all doing on the weight front?

I wish being hungry for carbs all the time meant that I actually needed carbs all the time

33. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Detour: I've gained 14 at 18 weeks, which is more than I wanted to gain because I was hoping to keep this whole pregnancy to 25 and I have 22 weeks left to go it seems pretty steady though, after the first 10 that I gained pretty quickly. Kinda a bummer but I have to trust my body to do what it needs to. I could do better on the eating front though...I should probably make more of an effort now that I can eat normally again.

34. Mrs. Lion

@Mrs. Rabbit: I don't know about the placenta. I will ask today!

@Mrs. Detour: @AnneBird: @maddyz: @loopedd: I'm glad I'm not the only one!

35. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@Mrs. Detour: I'm having the opposite problem. I'm not feeling sick anymore, but I still don't have much of an appetite, and I get full so quickly that I don't think I'm eating enough. I've only gained about 6 pounds at this point, and I am trying so hard to eat healthy things like protein and vegetables, but kind of letting myself get away with more carbs than usual, too.

At first I was OK with it, thinking I'd catch up no problem, but I'm getting comments from random people saying I'm small for 20 weeks, so it's starting to bother me now. I'm trying so hard! Before pregnancy, I have absolutely no problem eating, so it's annoying that the only time in my life that I am struggling is when I need to pack on the pounds!

36. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Circusbee: I still don't look obviously pregnant at 20w and it's very strange. Sometimes I want to wear a sign so I'll get a seat on the subway!

I've gained about 10lbs, but I had sadly gained a bunch of weight (prob 20lbs) in my year of TTC, so I just feel so fat and again, I barely look pregnant and it totally depends on what I wear. I can't believe I'm still waiting for my "pregnant belly" at this point... I'm also only hungry for carbs and I'm sure that's not helping!!

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I'm stalking to see what you are having! Have a great scan with a healthy baby!

38. ndepet

pea / 24 posts

i've gained about 6 pounds but i'm very small to begin with. Doctor says thats normal.. just trying to eat healthy. eat when i'm hungry and stop when i'm full!

39. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

@loopedd: I wish looking pregnant got me a seat on the subway. I'm petite with a huge belly. I actually bonked a seated under-40 dude on the train with my belly when the train lurched and he complaines at me. I was hoping that he'd give me his seat when he looked up from his phone but nope. . . And I'm sure he totally could not hear me through his headphones when I asked for the reserved seat.

40. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@Mrs. Detour: I'm 20 weeks and have gained 12 pounds. I was originally hoping to gain the minimum recommended for me (25 pounds) because I gained almost 10 pounds prior to this pregnancy. I've let go of that idea now, and just aim to stay in my suggested range of 25-35. I am on track for that, so I try not to worry too much. It seems there isn't a whole lot I can do. I eat as well as I can considering the aversions that still plague me. And I started going back to yoga.

I went through my closet and packed away the clothes that no longer fit, to help remove that frustration trigger.

On the bright side, I'm starting to really love my new shape; my bump is obvious now. I expected to struggle with it, but I'm feeling surprisingly beautiful.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee