Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@maddyz: I didn't feel any movement with my first until 21/22 weeks It'll happen soon

2. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

February 2015 Mamas
    February 3rd: LilJane (#2)
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1 )
    February 6th: Swedishfish (#2 ), Mrs. Coral (#1), Mtex14 (#1 )
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2)
    February 8th: Caitlanc (#2)
    February 9th: MrsB2012 (#2)
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2), ndepet (#1)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2)
    February 13th: TheFixIts (#2 and #3)
    February 14th: Aria (#1 ), AnneBird (#1 )
    February 15th: Baby2Feb15 (#2)
    February 16th: Kbee (#1 ), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1 ), Callalillylove (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1)
    February 18th: GreeneB2 (#1)
    February 19th: Loopedd (#1 )
    February 20th: Lone Palm (#2)
    February 23rd: Dagret (#2), maddyz (#1)
    February 24th: Mrs. Tictactoe (#2 ), cmomma17 (#2)
    February 25th: Sugarmammary (#1)
    February 26th: Abdubbs (#1 and #2)
    February 27th: MsMiranda (#2), Mrs. Lion (#2)
    February 28th: Beanie132 (#1)
    March 1st: Intotheocean (#2)
    March 8th: scg00387 (#2 )

3. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@maddyz: i didnt feel anything with my first until 25ish weeks, and at almost 18 still nada this time. I keep poking my belly willing baby to move in a way i can feel, but nothing

4. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

Hi everyone-I am reporting back on the Just Between Friends Sale I went to this weekend. I'll start by saying that I am no stranger to flea markets/thrift shops. If you are not comfortable with crowds and lots of sifting, this may not be for you. Items are well organized, but it takes digging!

We signed up for the First Time Parents list which allowed us early entry- this was nice, but I wasn't really blown away by the big-item selection. There were a dozen strollers, maybe two high chairs, a dozen car seats, but not much more and what was there was clearly older and had more wear and tear.

We ended up getting a baby bathtub, a stroller cover, quite a few outfits, a board book, and a set of the most adorable tiny little shoes ever, but it did take a couple of hours of searching...

It wasn't until I got home that I saw FB pictures uploaded by the sales organizers that I realized the sale did have an amazing selection, but it had been cleared out by the volunteer shoppers and those who paid to get in early. There were still a ton of clothes, but in comparing the pictures on FB to what was there for first-time parents, I would say about 40% had been bought. So all in all? The sale was worth it, but it wasn't OMG amazing.

5. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@AnneBird: Thanks for the report! I've decided to go with a friend on Saturday, which is the 3rd day of the sale, so I'm not expecting too much, but we should know the gender by then, so at the very least I can hopefully pick up some clothes and books.

I think I'm going to get the flu shot today during lunch. Is it weird that I'm a little nervous?? I don't usually get the flu shot...

6. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

@Circusbee: If your sale is anything like mine, there will be a ton of clothes there. And as a plus, the third day of the sale may be the day that everything is 50% off!

I am sorry to hog the board (I got my cast off and I'm happy to be able to type again!) but I've been wondering about the following and I would love to see what everyone else thinks!

- Registry: online vs store? from birth to 6M? or to 1yo?

- Baby Classes: worth it? not worth it?

- Baby Shower: Yay or Nay to putting the registry info on the invitations?

Thank you ahead of time ladies!

7. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@AnneBird:
    Start it in-store for the free goodies, and then finish online, I got tired in the store, it takes a long time even if you come overly prepared with a list like me! I'm not really sure what you mean by "from birth to 6m or 1yo." I didn't register for any clothes, and did try to keep the things we chose to be multi-functional and longer lasting, but I didn't register for stuff like kid's plates and utensils, since I figured those wouldn't be very expensive to buy ourselves later. I also didn't register for many toys.

I don't have experience here, yet but would love to hear what others say! We are signed up for our birth center's classes, but I'm considering the Bradley Method classes now, since it looks like we won't be able to afford a doula

As a baby-shower-attendee in the past, I definitely appreciate the registry info being on the invitations, so I'd say include it, even if it seems selfish or something.

8. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@AnneBird:
    All I'm doing for my registry is an Amazon registry. However, I'm not having a shower, and I don't expect many people to buy us anything except maybe our parents and a couple of my aunts. I only put things on there that I will need in the beginning, because I have a tiny apartment and no place to store items that won't be used right away.

I plan on registering for my hospital's birth class, but I have no idea if it will be worth it or not. If nothing else I think it will be good for my husband. I've done a lot of reading about babies/childbirth but he doesn't have a clue what to expect.

- Baby Shower: Yay or Nay to putting the registry info on the invitations? It wouldn't bother me seeing registry info on a baby shower invite.

9. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@AnneBird: It's my 2nd time around so I'll answer!
    Registry: I registered for a range of items that were useful throughout L's first year. RE: location, I did a combo; I did mostly in-store (at the store where most of my guests would be shopping) and also did an Amazon registry for things BRU didn't sell at the time (non-pastel crib sheets, the nosefrida, etc...) This time I'm just doing an amazon registry in case anyone's looking for christmas or gift ideas. Also: I didn't register for ANY clothes and still got a ton. (like 6 baby snowsuits, seriously)

-Baby classes: Totally worth it. I would've been really annoyed by my husband asking a million questions during labor, which i'm sure he would have if we didn't take a birthing class. I went to the breastfeeding class by myself but i wish i made him come along. Didn't do any babycare/first aid classes.

-Baby shower registry info - *technically*, I guess it's poor etiquette but I think it's helpful, and when it's not on there I just call the recipient anyway. I say go for it!

10. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@AnneBird:

I did one brick and mortar store (BRU) and amazon when I was pregnant with Liam and I registered for stuff that we would use up to about a year. I didn't get much older stuff, but I liked having it on the registry anyway. This time, I'm only registering online (amazon) and for not as much stuff.

We did the classes through the hospital and I think they were worth it. It was nice to review what I already knew and learn a few new things (infant CPR) and it was great for my husband because he didn't know much.

Yay. I think the only time when that is a Nay is for a wedding invitation. That's what showers are for: gifts!

11. mrs. tictactoe

@Circusbee: I'm always nervous for shots. I've gotten it a few times and haven't had a horrible experience, though. Good luck!

12. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@AnneBird:
    - Registry: online vs store? from birth to 6M? or to 1yo? We registered for a variety of things, including some items that we know we won't use right away. Before we started our registry, I talked to a good friend with an almost-2-year-old, and she said she wished she'd registered for more older-kid items, like utensils, sippy cups, etc. Those items aren't expensive when you do need them, but her thought process was, if someone is looking to buy a gift, why not let them buy something we'll need? We did avoid registering for older-kid things that will take up a lot of space (potty chair, cozy coupe, etc), just for the sake of storage. All that to say, I think it's up to you! If you want to hang on to stuff that your baby won't use until 6mo+, go for it!
    - Baby Classes: worth it? not worth it? We're planning on taking the classes at our hospital. Our doctors and nurse practitioners highly recommend the classes, and I figure it can't hurt.
    - Baby Shower: Yay or Nay to putting the registry info on the invitations? Yay, for sure. Baby showers are so people can give you gifts, so it's reasonable to include your registry info.

Who has appointments this week? My anatomy scan is Thursday, and I can't wait!

13. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@HeartAbandoned: My anatomy scan is Friday!!

14. mrs. tictactoe

@HeartAbandoned: I'm supposed to get my referral in the mail for the anatomy scan today or tomorrow, then I can call and make the appointment. I'm hoping I can get in this week, if not early next week. Since we already know the sex, I'm more excited to find out more about what might have caused all that bleeding I had a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck for Thursday!! @Circusbee: and good luck for Friday!!!

15. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

We did Target and a local boutique. For both, we started in store but added a lot online since it's so overwhelming to do all at once. We've gone up to 1yo if only because we do to need that much for a newborn and I'm not registering for breast pump parts etc.

Not sure yet. My work schedule is rough so I can only do Saturday classes . They all seem to book up before I know about them. If we give in and hire a doula, I think we'll skip the class.

My mom out it on the invite, and it makes sense for a shower, but it still makes me uncomfortable since it seems like asking for a gift.

16. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@AnneBird: I know you have a ton of answers already, but I wanna answer, too!

- Registry: online vs store? from birth to 6M? or to 1yo? We did Amazon and Target and I honestly wish I only stuck with Amazon (or went with BBY or BRU instead of Target). Amazon was awesome, because you can put stuff on it from ANYWHERE and you get a 10% discount at the end, too. I'd definitely put older kid stuff on there like someone mentioned (sippy cups, etc.) We got a few older kid things and at the time I was like...whatever, but when I actually needed it and started using it? AWESOME!

- Baby Classes: worth it? not worth it? Worth it. I only took one done by the hospital (husband wasn't with me), but it made me feel more comfortable about what was going to happen. This time I'm going to take a more in-depth class and my husband will join me so we can both be on the same page with things.

- Baby Shower: Yay or Nay to putting the registry info on the invitations? Absolutely!

17. mrs. tictactoe

I am so tired and hungry today. I just want to eat a bunch, then take a nap, then repeat.

18. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

Thank you everyone for answering! I ended up going to BBB yesterday to start a registry that I plan on absorbing into a Babylist registry. Our families are really spread out, so I'll be heavily relying on Amazon for items. My life already runs on Prime, so hopefully this will make everything easier!

And based on everyone's recs I'll be signing up for a childbirth and a breastfeeding class... as soon as I find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and is on a Saturday.

I don't know if it's because the holidays are right in between now and baby, but the last few weeks have flown by! 144 days to baby sounds insane to me.

19. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@AnneBird: I know! All of a sudden we're getting so close to the 2nd half! And did you see the June Mamas board open up?? That is crazy to me!

I started a board about choosing Bradley vs. doula and while I was REALLY hoping that it would help me feel better about ditching the doula, it's actually doing the opposite... I know people have had really good experiences with doulas, but I just don't think we can afford one!! Why are they so expensive around here??

20. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@AnneBird: check with the hospital where you're going to deliver, ours covers the cost of the BFing class. And your insurance *might* cover a childbirth class.

21. mtex14

cherry / 111 posts

@dagret: @AnneBird: I actually just called my insurance and they will give me 90$ reimbursement, just have to save the receipt of the purchase and mail a form with the receipt

also if you are breastfeeding you can get a free breast pump call you insurance and they will instruct you on what to do

22. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Hi guys!! I'm the worst due date thread/group participater ever! I hope you'll forgive me and let me back in! I have trouble keeping up, it's overwhelming at times.

I hope everyone is doing well, it's so exciting seeing genders next to people's names!

DH and I go for our anatomy scan on Thursday at 3:30 pm. I'm so excited to finally know! DH is 100% convinced #2 is a girl while I am about 80% sure it's a second boy! Can't wait to see who is right!

23. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Circusbee: Is there a way to look for doula's who are just starting out? I've seen a few posts on our community mom facebook group where new doulas are offering their services for very cheap as they gain experience. Not sure how you would go about finding someone, but that's something to consider as well?

I had my 20 week scan today. They don't tell you anything at the ultrasound, not the gender, not how far you are measuring, nothing. I called my dr office and she told my sister what the gender is. She's going to write it down and DH and I are going to go for dinner and open it together. I'm 99.9% sure it's a boy, I'll be extremely shocked if it's a girl. I'd love a second girl, but I know my husband will die of happiness if it's a boy haha. So I'll be really happy either way only 4 more hours until we go for dinner

24. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@MrsB2012: That's what I am trying to do now, actually. My birth center referred me to an organization that assigns free or low-cost doulas, but it seems like something meant for low-income families and I don't want to take advantage of something I don't deserve. I'm trying to find out more information as well as looking into finding doulas-in-training.

So exciting!!! Can't wait until you tell us here on HB!!

25. TheFixIts

cherry / 168 posts

Anatomy scan tomorrow! We did an elective ultrasound at 15 weeks and the tech said she was quite sure we were having TWO BOYS! I'm pretty sure she was right but I'll officially report back tomorrow.

26. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@mtex14: I didn't even think to check with my insurance about the childbirth class but I should, it was expensive! Good to know yours reimbursed you.

So excited about all the upcoming appointments this week! Can't wait to hear what everyone is having. Mine isn't until the end of next week, feels so far away!

27. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@MrsB2012: oh wow, have fun finding out the gender at dinner! That's such a cool way of doing it

28. Mrs. Coral

clementine / 812 posts

So excited for everyone! We have our anatomy scan on Thursday and are going to have them write it down for us. We're headed out to a cottage on a lake for vacation and will open it once we are settled in and relaxed.

Have fun everyone! Here's to hoping everyone is feeling good.

29. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

Okey dokey...I had my gender reveal last night for my family and....we're having a GIRL!!! I'm super excited and I can't wait to blog about it—mostly because I want to show off the cake we had, because it was so pretty!

30. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: yay!! congrats! Can't wait to see this beautiful cake!

31. Mrs. Coral

clementine / 812 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: congratulations!!!

32. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Congrats!!!

33. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: congrats! Excited to see pics of the cake!

Well my husband and I opened the card. We are also team I'm shocked! I was 99% sure it was a boy. I'm really happy though, I always pictured having a couple girls. I feel for my husband though, he really wanted a son. We are 99% done after this one so I get how he feels. He'll love her just the same, he just really wanted that boy. Now onto names! It took us going through probably 800 names before we found one we both liked for B, so I don't know how we will agree on a name for this one haha.

34. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

well i had a regular appointment last night to check out all my bloodwork and everything is going good. baby's heartbeat was nice and strong! We have our anatomy screen next week on the evening of our anniversary and we are really swaying between being team green and finding out. I think the doctor yesterday really swayed me when he said it evens gets him and his team excited in the room if the parents don't know the gender...we shall see what our final decision is next wednesday!! eek!

35. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

Congrats on your @Mrs. Rabbit: & @MrsB2012: ! We're all tied up at 4 , 4 & 4 ! Can't wait to hear from everyone over the next 10 days!!

February 2015 Mamas
    February 3rd: LilJane (#2)
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1 )
    February 6th: Swedishfish (#2 ), Mrs. Coral (#1), Mtex14 (#1 )
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2 )
    February 8th: Caitlanc (#2)
    February 9th: MrsB2012 (#2 )
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2), ndepet (#1)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2)
    February 13th: TheFixIts (#2 and #3)
    February 14th: Aria (#1 ), AnneBird (#1 )
    February 15th: Baby2Feb15 (#2)
    February 16th: Kbee (#1 ), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1 ), Callalillylove (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1)
    February 18th: GreeneB2 (#1)
    February 19th: Loopedd (#1 )
    February 20th: Lone Palm (#2)
    February 23rd: Dagret (#2), maddyz (#1)
    February 24th: Mrs. Tictactoe (#2 ), cmomma17 (#2)
    February 25th: Sugarmammary (#1)
    February 26th: Abdubbs (#1 and #2)
    February 27th: MsMiranda (#2), Mrs. Lion (#2)
    February 28th: Beanie132 (#1)
    March 1st: Intotheocean (#2)
    March 8th: scg00387 (#2 )

36. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@MrsB2012: Congrats on your little girl!

37. Mrs. Lion

Congrats to everyone finding out gender! I have been following along but it seems i am always reading on my phone lately and its harder to respond!

We have our anatomy scan next week and i am feeling impatient! Still not feeling baby move at all, so im a little anxious. Hopefully everything is fine and I am worrying for no reason!

I also nearly had a nervous breakdown (hello hormones) yesterday about not havong any clothes. I finally broke down and bought a few new things from a consignment store and ordered some maternity leggings from target! All of their fall clothes are buy one get one 50% off, so i bought 4 but one was free! Super excited! Looks like ill be living in leggings and tunics this winter.

38. LilJane

pea / 8 posts

I try to read pretty quickly the board updates at least twice a week, but rarely have time to participate, so I just wanted to apologize. We are having our second girl, and it was a huge disappointment to my husband which has in turn effected my excitement about this pregnancy and then that makes me feel awful guilt that I am cheating this second child because I am not as over the moon as I was with my first.

All babies are a blessing and I know that even more after experiencing infertility with my first, which makes me even more mad at myself for letting my husband's feelings impact my excitement for this new baby. My head "knows" that when she gets here we will BOTH love her just as much as our first daughter but my heart hurts for my husband and his parents (who also really wanted a boy as this is their fourth granddaughter). I would love to have two girls, but I know how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and I had 2 boys as I would also be disappointed so I can empathize with my husband, but it is what it is and I just want him to pull it together now and be excited for this new baby.

39. Mrs. Lion

@LilJane: that must be so hard hugs!

40. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@LilJane: That is so tough. I'm hopeful for your family that as you move closer to your due date, you'll all feel more & more excited about your sweet little girl. There is no blessing like having a sister! Hugs!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee