LulaBee: 8/1
    Annette: 8/5
    Ninja: 8/6
    HolisticMama: 8/7
    Amurray: 8/9
    Yellowbird: 8/11

2. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@simplyfelicity: that's sort of what we're dojng. I haven't fully decided. We found out for LO #1. I really want to be team green but I don't think I have the patience for it! DH wants to find out again. We'll see!

3. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@yellowbird: DH thinks it's ruins the "thrill" to know the sex. Ummmm...we're having a baby, knowing the sex doesn't take away from the excitement. Silly guy.

4. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@yellowbird: I would find out the sex of the baby tomorrow if I could. There is no way in the world I could be team green. I can't wait for the anatomy scan!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@drjolene: We have a place in town that does gender ultrasounds at 16 weeks for 50 bucks or so. It's totally accredited and not one of those boutique sonogram places. I don't even know if I could make it to 20 weeks.

6. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@drjolene: hahaha!! That's the way I felt for #1. I had to know!!! I don't feel as much curiosity this time. I'm working on dh

7. Madbrave

pea / 10 posts

New March Mama over here... Still feels surreal...

EDD: 03/04 accordingly to the intake clerk

How far along: 7wks3days

First child? Yes... And at age 36 and 6 years of marriage

First doctor appointment: last Wednesday the 17th. Next one is the 29th but I'm too anxious to wait and made a private ultrasound appt today!

Any symptoms so far? Achy ness (similar to my PMS but more subtle), tender breasts, a mild food aversions, and a little nausea. Baby isn't on board with salad. I try to eat it anyways. And extreme mood swings. Crying at the drop of a hat to a bit of road rage. I feel like no one on myself highway knows how to change lanes lately. I almost got hit a few times. SMH.

Who have you told? DH, a few friends at work who have heard my whole journey, sister, brother-in-law, and health care providers. LOL. Prior to getting pregnant I had a whole team to help control my pcos. Massage therapist, acupuncturist, boot camp coaches-for food and workout, endocrinologist, and gyno.

I'm so nervous. It's my first ever BFP. I had to POAS 3 times after. I stopped bc I'm afraid it won't be one day. When the dr wants to do the ultrasound on my 9th weeks I made an appointment with the private practice ultrasound clinic. I know... I'm a bit cray cray. I never imagine I'd get here. I battled depression for a year because struggled with my weight loss, saw all my knot & non-knot friends get pregnant really quick after marriage, and had a few failed rounds of clomid. Oh and lets not forget a Dr dropped me bc of my BMI. I didn't think I'd beat her goal to drop my BMI and I did. I missed 1 period and decide to POAS bc usually I get my period right after.... Weirdly enough... But when the positive line showed up I could barely believe what I was seeing. I'm so happy and nervous to be here. Sorry for the novel.

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Madbrave: You have had quite the journey! Welcome and congratulations!

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

March Mommas     
    March 2: PinkB, PhillyBaby2013, ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 4: LAZB, Jaguar, Madbrave
    March 5: simplyfelicity
    March 7: drjolene
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189, Sapphire, Amurray
    March 11: Anya
    March 12: Lil Bean, ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja, MrsMcCarthy, LulaBee, MamaGoose
    March 24: MrsStar
    March 25:Jess1483
    March 26: HolisticMama, Annette
    March 27: Lulu Mom
    March 29: yellowbird
    March 30:
    March 31:

Appointments:  
    Laughlines: 7/18
    LAZB: 7/18
    Jaguar: 7/21
    PhillyBaby2013: 7/22
    ecjohnson: 7/22
    Ms. Pug: 7/22
    Drjolene: 7/23
    Nicollete1189: 7/23
    PinkB: 7/23
    Simplyfelicity: 7/25
    Lil Bean: 7/28
    Sapphire: 7/29
    Madbrave: 7/29
    MrsMccarthy: 7/30

10. Madbrave

pea / 10 posts

Thanks @simplyfelicity! Congrats to you as well. thanks for adding me on the list.

11. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

Had anyone noticed any skin changes so far? I normally have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. In the last 2 weeks, I suddenly have dry, flaky, sensitive skin and developed "burnt" splotches (lucky me lol). My normal "beauty routine" of sensitive natural products feels like it burns my face, and I can't use enough hand cream! I scrambled and found a gentle, organic moisturizer and cleanser and am slowly getting things back under control. Wasn't expecting that!

12. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Madbrave: welcome and congratulations! I am 37 now and was 34 when I had my first! Usually with FTM over 35 ultrasounds are earlier and you can find out the sec wary too if you opt for genetic bloodwork. Sending you sticky baby thoughts! Let me know if you want to join our secret Facebook group as well!

I'm so exhausted. Pregnancy insomnia followed by a stirring toddler made sleep utter shite last night! I'm also starting to have general dull nausea. Happy to have more symptoms but boy is it hard to keep life in order.

13. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@drjolene: well I'm not even 4 weeks yet but I had a massive breakout 2 days ago. It's now healing up and my skin is looking more glowy. I have terrible skin though. Hoping pregnancy halts my breakouts like it did last time!

14. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@drjolene: I was reading back through the thread since I just joined and saw you posted that you have some risks at your job so you'd have to disclose your pregnancy early. Did you tell anyone yet? I'm sort of in the same situation. I have less risk than most at my job because I never have to take xrays, deal with sterilization chemicals etc, but I do work with nitrous oxide daily. We have a good evac system so I feel fairly confident my exposure is very minimal. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it but my appt isn't til 7 weeks.

15. sumer08

apricot / 468 posts

Hi mamas! Another March mama-to-be here

EDD: March 25, 2015

How far along: 4 1/2 weeks today

First child? Nope, we have a 22 month old

First doctor appointment: 7/30 (6 week initial visit)

Any symptoms so far? Mild cramping off and on, sore boobs, insomnia (could be nerves), and tired.

Who have you told? Hubby & our parents.

16. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@yellowbird: So far, I've only told one of my technicians at work who helps cover for me if there is an issue. I decided to tell on an as-needed basis until my first OB appt, and so far I've been able to do what I need to do to be safe. I haven't had to help with xrays thanks to my staff, we have a good evac system as well, and I've minimized handling any concerning substances. I'm surprised, I thought for sure I'd have to tell by now! Planning to tell the boss after I get back from a trip this week, and then I'll let the cat out of the bag to the rest of the staff.

17. Blueberry

apricot / 342 posts

Yayyyy! So excited for this board!!!!

EDD: March 17th, 2015

How far along: 5 weeks 4 days

First child? No, DD is 14 months

First doctor appointment: next week!

Any symptoms so far? Some bloating and mild cramping. Also, food is not tasting quite the same. That's what made me test!

Who have you told? DH, my mom and my best friend who took pictures of the entire 22 hour labor for my first. She's super happy for this next one.

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Blueberry: @sumer08: Congratulations and welcome to to the March board!

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

March Mommas
    March 2: PinkB, PhillyBaby2013, ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 4: LAZB, Jaguar, Madbrave
    March 5: simplyfelicity
    March 7: drjolene
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189, Sapphire, Amurray
    March 11: Anya
    March 12: Lil Bean, ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja, MrsMcCarthy, LulaBee, MamaGoose, Blueberry
    March 24: MrsStar
    March 25:Jess1483, sumer08
    March 26: HolisticMama, Annette
    March 27: Lulu Mom
    March 29: yellowbird

Appointments:
    Laughlines: 7/18
    LAZB: 7/18
    Jaguar: 7/21
    PhillyBaby2013: 7/22
    ecjohnson: 7/22
    Ms. Pug: 7/22
    Drjolene: 7/23
    Nicollete1189: 7/23
    PinkB: 7/23
    Simplyfelicity: 7/25
    Lil Bean: 7/28
    Sapphire: 7/29
    Blueberry: 7/29
    Madbrave: 7/29
    MrsMccarthy: 7/30
    sumer08: 7/30

20. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

So many appointments coming up this week. Super exciting!
    @Blueberry: If you let me know the date of your appointment, I will add it to the list.

21. Blueberry

apricot / 342 posts

@Simplyfelicity: sorry i had to I double check .. It's July 29th!

22. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@sumer08: @Blueberry: welcome! It's so nice to have more mommas on here. Let me know if you'd like to be added to the secret FB page!

Just took a 2 hour midday nap! Holy hell!

23. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I took an hour nap today and I never ever nap!!!

24. HolisticMama

persimmon / 1167 posts

@Madbrave: Your OB dropped you because of your BMI?! I am outraged for you! Every type of female body regardless of shape, size or color can give birth! I'm so sorry to hear the journey has been a struggle for you! How much did you drop your BMI? Congats! You aren't going to stay with that lady, are you?

@MrsMccarthy: I think I'm ready for the secret facebook group. I took an OPK this morning and the test line was SO much darker than the control. Andrew (DH) thinks I'm nuts, but I told him I think it's very satisfying. I've been sleeping weird too. I don't appreciate that something the size of a poppy seed can wake me up at 4 AM....after waking up at 2 and 3. LOL. I also took a 2 hour nap today.

@yellowbird: I've been tempted to put a little coconut oil on my face to look glowy. LOl. Actually, my skin has just been a little dry.

@sumer08, @Blueberry: Welcome, welcome, welcome! It's a party!

Baby's First 10K Today:

25. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@HolisticMama: Yahoo! Way to go!

26. HolisticMama

persimmon / 1167 posts

Does everyone have favorite pregnancy/birth books yet? Did you read before getting pregnant?

27. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@yellowbird: me neither I can't nap usually! It's so odd.

@HolisticMama: wow congrats on the race! So happy for you!

Nausea is here and so is the feeling that nothing sounds good to me. I know I need to eat but everything makes my stomach turn.

28. HolisticMama

persimmon / 1167 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Anything helping for your yucky tummy? Magnesium, black beans, ox bile tablets, b-6, sea sickness bands?

29. sumer08

apricot / 468 posts

@simplyfelicity @HolisticMama Thank you!

@MrsMccarthy: After 5 BFP's, I think I'm feeling ready to join the secret FB group!

30. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@Madbrave: @sumer08: @Blueberry: welcome ladies!! :))

31. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@HolisticMama: damn! You've done your homework! I had some fizzy water. That helped.

@sumer08: hahah only 5? That's restraint to me! I walled you!

32. Madbrave

pea / 10 posts

I had the ultrasound at the private clinic. Baby was a tiny jelly bean and the tech claims everything looks good so far.

Private Ultrasound went great, definite a sac in there with a heart rate faster than a normal human. The tech said looks healthy and I'm doing a good job.

@mrsmccarthy thanks for the greetings and congrats to you as well. I'll discuss with my genetic counselor about the blood work. And I would love to join the fb board as well.

@holisticmama no it was a infertility dr. She wanted me to drop my BMI by 12.5. Took me 3 years bc I was so busy I couldn't focus. But at the time i was devastated. i wanted her to at least give me a try. BC you're right there women of all shapes and size that get pregnant. And I really took her rejection to heart. One positive out it... I felt the last 3 years I found myself and turned my health around. Kudos to you on your 10k. That's amazing and inspiring

@yellowbird thanks! Congrats to you too

33. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Hi lovelies. Hope you're all travelling well. I wish I was able to drop in more, Georgia is keeping me busy!!

Have an OB tomorrow, I'll be 8w on transfer date/7w5d on ultrasound dates. Hoping I'll get another sneak peek at the baby but also irrationally PETRIFIED of something going wrong. Is anyone else as scared as me? I always wonder if it's just the IVF that makes me so nervous, or if most people feel this way.

34. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@jaguar: I'm feeling pretty nervous myself. I think it's natural in the first weeks before 2nd trimester to feel a bit on edge. Even though its miserable I was welcoming some nausea today because I feel so nervous when I don't have symptoms! I hope you see a happy little embryo in there tomorrow! My guess is that you will.

35. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

Wow! Our March board is hoppin! So many new mamas-to-be! Congrats, everyone!
    I'm out of town this week. Internet connection is a bit spotty. But I'm happy to report that the dark and quiet (being in a little cabin, out of the city...) has resulted in me getting the best nights' sleep I've had in 2 weeks!! I didn't wake up once. It's divine! AND I get to nap.
    I'm away with the girls, who are so excited abt my little bean and so supportive. But I'm MISSING have a glass (or 3) of wine with them. I get over it quickly, trust me, but oh how refreshing it looks. We are joking that I might need a sponsor to get through this week! Lol.
    Also, I find it funny that we always say our boobs are sore or tender. That doesn't begin to describe the occasional shooting pains I get that runs right into my nipples! Super Owie. Also, I'm pretty sure my nipples, or rather the aereolas, have grown already! This preggo thing is crazy stuff.

36. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

Hi Ladies! Mind if I join?

EDD: March 31, 2015

How far along: almost 4 weeks

First child? Second, we have 21 month old as well

First doctor appointment: Have to make one still!

Any symptoms so far? Tired, but that may be from the lack of sleeping at night from our DD and light cramping and nausea. I actually had little to no morning sickness the first time around and feel like I may be doomed this time!

Who have you told? Hubby & DD, good thing some words you still can't make out with her...she's been going around saying "sister" for the past few days!

Congratulations to all of you! Happy pregnancies to all

37. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

@drjolene: I usually have oily skin as well, and it already has begun drying out. If it makes you feel any better after the first few weeks with my first I ended up having the most amazing skin!

38. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Try lemon drop candies for the nausea! They worked like a charm with my first.

39. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@drjolene: sounds about like what I'll do, though I know if i tell one person at work everyone will know 2 minutes later!!

40. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@BlessedMama: Welcome and thanks for the tip doll!!! SO happy to have you here. Did you go early or late with your daughter?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee