Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@intotheocean: I'll put you down for March 1 but let me know if that changes.
    @BlessedMama: Congratulations!
    @ms. pug: Super exciting stuff! Congratulations on everything!
    @renee: Welcome and congratulations!

2. HolisticMama

persimmon / 1167 posts

@ms. pug: Lol. I'm still so excited about the potential of your twins.

@intotheocean: My nipples almost feel as if they are bruised. DH thinks it's funny to try to grab them. Not funny.

@BlessedMama: Yay for set appointment! Do you like your doctor? Have you worked with them before?

@Mamagoose: Hmm...that books sounds very interesting! The reviews say it helps ease anxiety. I've pre-ordered "The Natural Pregnancy." http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IBZ66P4/ref=oh_d__o01_details_o01__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Anything that Ina May Gaskin endorses...I'm in.

@Mamagoose: I feel like I need to look into said snoogle...

@MrsMccarthy: Thanks! I'm feeling so hopeful and positive! I hope that this little one wants to stick around for awhile. Are you taking a Vitamin D supplement at all? I take fermented cod liver oil.

3. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Saw OB & jellybean again. Heard heartbeat - 159bpm, sweetest sound ever. He is such a relaxing doctor, so glad I've swapped.

8 weeks tomorrow!!!

4. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@ms. pug: twins!!!!!!! Holy moly!!!! Congrats! I hope you see two heartbeats at your next scan!

@HolisticMama: Your beta numbers seem good to me. I'm praying everything is all good!

@jaguar: Yay for the heartbeat!!!

5. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I think i read that same study, but I'm not sure I'm taking it all to heart. I will make sure I get adequate sunlight and vitamin d but I won't worry myself to death over things I can't control. I'm just happy to not be giant my pregnant in the heat of summer this time.

Didn't your blood pressure shoot up at the end of pregnancy last time too? That's my main concern right now. I'm hoping I can avoid that and any talk of induction. I don't know of there is anything I can be doing prophylactically though.

6. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@yellowbird: yeah not to worry just thinking bout supplementing with D because normally I wouldn't but it seems to make sense this time. I am also hoping to avoid an induction this time, we shall see! I am not gonna fight the epidural too hard though, I really didn't dilate much on my own without it.

7. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I was the same. I got mine at 4 cm and went from 4-10 within 3 hours. It was amazing. I know my body needed relief. My plan is to see what I feel like my body needs this time and go with it!

8. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@yellowbird: yeah me too! I'm not gonna fight it as hard if I am really in agony but I'm also not gonna just walk in there and say "I'll have my epidural please!" Unless it's just unbearable. I am not interested in a water birth this time. I think something about my natural birth obsession changed after having my son.

9. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

@HolisticMama: I actually just switched doctors this time around. The first time I was in a bigger practice, this time I switched to one person. I had a not so fun labor the first time that ended in a csection, so I would like to try vbac this time.

@jaguar: Ahh, I love hearing the sweet heartbeats. Makes it feel so real.

10. NavyRN2012

persimmon / 1447 posts

I got my BFP today! I'm super excited to be joining a due date board!

EDD: March 26 per LMP/April 1 per O date

How far along: 3ish weeks

First child: Nope. I have an 8 year old son and 17 month old daughter.

First doctor appointment: Not sure yet. I'll call tomorrow.

Any symptoms so far? None yet.

Who have you told? My husband, son, and in-laws. We will tell my parents this weekend and my boss after the first doctor's appointment.

11. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

@simplyfelicity: I have my appointment on 7/29 too.

@renee: Welcome to another LA mom! Congrats!

@MrsMccarthy: Not too worried about vitamin D, since I live in Sunny CA!

My nausea and exhaustion seemed to have calmed down a bit today. It's a nice relief but makes me a little nervous. Can't wait til my appt next week to make sure everything is ok!

12. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

I know its wayyyyy too early, but is anyone else craving specific things? All I want lately is guacamole, homemade delicious guacamole. Mmmm

13. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@BeachMama: haha oh yeah, you have nothing to worry about!

14. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

@blessedmama: All I've been wanting is cheeseburgers and fries. Nausea makes me crave salty things and comfort food.

15. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

@BeachMama: That must be it then...the nausea. That's mostly what I want as well, salty foods.

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

March Mommas
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PinkB, PhillyBaby2013, ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 4: LAZB, Jaguar, Madbrave
    March 5: simplyfelicity
    March 7: drjolene
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189, Sapphire, Amurray
    March 11: Anya
    March 12: Lil Bean, ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja, MrsMcCarthy, LulaBee, MamaGoose, Blueberry
    March 24: MrsStar
    March 25:Jess1483, sumer08
    March 26: HolisticMama, Annette, NavyRN2012
    March 27: Lulu Mom
    March 29: yellowbird, Renee
    March 31: Blessedmama

Appointments:

Drjolene: 7/23
    Nicollete1189: 7/23
    PinkB: 7/23
    Simplyfelicity: 7/25
    Lil Bean: 7/28
    Sapphire: 7/29
    Blueberry: 7/29
    Madbrave: 7/29
    Beachmama: 7/29
    MrsMccarthy: 7/30
    sumer08: 7/30
    LulaBee: 8/1
    Annette: 8/5
    Ninja: 8/6
    HolisticMama: 8/7
    Blessedmama: 8/7
    Amurray: 8/9
    Yellowbird: 8/11
    Renee: 8/15

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@NavyRN2012: Welcome and congratulations!
    @BeachMama: Gotcha.

Hey, all! Looks like we have the majority of our March Mamas so, if you want to update your due date or add an appointment, feel free to copy and paste!

18. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

@navyrn2012 welcome and congrats!!!

@blessedmama had my first craving yesterday - chicken wings!!! Lol!

OK random question - has anyone ever had a cold sore during early pregnancy? I have literally never had one in my entire life and I woke up with one yesterday morning! I'm assuming its because my immune system is compromised but what an odd (and ugly!) symptom of pregnancy!

19. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@BlessedMama: salty AND sweet which was true for me last time too! Mustard is a huge craving! I want it on everything, especially with onion rings. I'm also craving dairy! Cheese, chocolate milk, but the weirdest thing of all is that no matter how hungry I feel I have trouble eating and sometimes even forget to eat, perhaps this means I can avoid another 50lb weight gain but we shall see.

I'm 6 weeks today and so excited that my scan is only a week away! Still having crazy dreams, nausea and now my heart rate is elevated. I hate the racing feeling. That and the constant peeing!

So excited for all the scans coming up tomorrow ! Don't forget I lost your little bean on here!

20. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Had a little mix up at my doctor's this morning and got called in last minute for an us but all is well and I got to see the little heartbeat! It was incredible! Edd is a day off from last time but I'll get the official edd when I go back at 8 weeks.

21. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

So last night I get home from work and I'm getting changed into comfy clothes (thank God for yoga pants). DH comes in our room and says, "You should put on something cute and take a picture, you're starting to get a little baby bump!" Now, I had been feeling fat and bloated all day with lots of tummy trouble, so that was all I saw. I argued that no, I'm just bloated, I'm not even 8 weeks, there's no way you can see anything yet.

Cue this morning getting ready for work...I'm there standing sideways in the mirror...He's right. I've only gained like 2 lbs so far, that low itty bitty bump is not from my crap eating. Now, only he or I would be able to tell at all. I'm only 5'2", short-waisted, and pretty light framed. But, alas, there it is, just the smallest start of a bump.

I'm mourning the impending loss of my normally flat stomach and a little irritated with my pants feeling tight this week, but I still think it's cute! Exciting!

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@drjolene: haha, yep, that is what is affectionately known as a blump (bloat bump). Right now all of our uteruses are still tucked away behind the pelvic bone, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't look like a bump! Mine is actually pretty significant because I also have leftover belly from my last pregnancy, so I could easily pass for 3 or 4 months haha.

23. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Annette: Both pregnancies, I got an AWFUL cold sore outbreak right at the beginning, and then at least through the last pregnancy, I didn't have a single cold sore (unusual for me, I get them regularly), even though I don't take my lysine during pregnancy. So yes, I do get them, but only at the very beginning of pregnancy. It's almost an early pregnancy sign, as they've both been worse than my normal outbreaks.

On a side note, did you know that having a cold sore during the birth, if it's the first you've ever had, can be dangerous for baby? So it's good you've had it early, because then both you and baby have an immunity to it. If that helps the yuckiness factor for you...

@simplyfelicity: I have an appointment 8/13

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Jess1483: Oh, I posted last night that if anyone wants to update their appointments or due date to just copy, paste and update. I was just doing it to get the list of Mamas and their initial due dates.

25. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@simplyfelicity: Ah, ok. It's not really necessary, anyway Thanks for getting the list going.

26. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Jess1483: Of course! Yeah, it's you whatever you will like to add.

27. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

@jess1483 thanks for your post! It does make me feel better to know I'm not alone and that its better to have sooner rather than later! Its funny how early on I'm welcoming all the weird symptoms as a sign that my body is doing what its supposed to do!

28. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

I gave the wrong appt date, it's 8/6, will be 9.5 weeks ish.

29. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@LAZB: Yeah, I'm sure it is just a "blump" but I'm going to think happy baby bump thoughts about it, otherwise it feels like getting fat and seems depressing LOL

30. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@NavyRN2012: welcome and congrats on your third baby!

31. onthemove

pea / 20 posts

Hi ladies....I started cramping and bleeding some today, which is of course freaking me out. I went to the GP who was very sweet and said that 30 or 40% of women bleed in the first trimester, but I'm not feeling good about it. I have a scan tomorrow although I'm not sure what they will be able to see at 5w2d. I'm not out yet I guess, but I'm preparing myself for the worst tomorrow. I am sad but I know plenty of people who had an early loss and got their sticky baby the next month, so that's giving me hope. But I guess I'm technically still in the game for now. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

32. intotheocean

cherry / 128 posts

I know this is a weird question, but are "skin firming" lotions safe during pregnancy? Before getting pregnant I used the Nivea firming lotion and goodbye cellulite. I'm too embarrassed to ask my OB!

33. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

I had my first strange pregnancy dream last night! First of all the baby was a boy but still in my belly, he was moving around and we could see the outline of his hand against my belly, dh got excited and called my mum in to see and she said she wanted to cuddle the baby. Suddenly the baby came straight out my belly and I said to mum "we'll just have to figure out how to get him back in when you're finished cuddling"

Weirdest dream ever.

34. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@onthemove: Thinking positive thoughts for you. I hope your scan shows a happy, healthy little tiny in there.

35. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@onthemove: I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope it is just a fluke and everything is ok. Will be praying, please keep us updated.

36. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Just realized I left out a bee's due date. Sorry!

March Mommas     
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PinkB, PhillyBaby2013, ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 4: LAZB, Jaguar, Madbrave
    March 5: simplyfelicity
    March 7: drjolene
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189, Sapphire, Amurray
    March 11: Anya
    March 12: Lil Bean, ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja, MrsMcCarthy, LulaBee, MamaGoose, Blueberry
    March 23: onthemove
    March 24: MrsStar
    March 25:Jess1483, sumer08
    March 26: HolisticMama, Annette, NavyRN2012
    March 27: Lulu Mom
    March 29: yellowbird, Renee
    March 31: Blessedmama

Appointments: 
    Drjolene: 7/23
    Nicollete1189: 7/23
    PinkB: 7/23
    Simplyfelicity: 7/25
    Lil Bean: 7/28
    Sapphire: 7/29
    Blueberry: 7/29
    Madbrave: 7/29
    Beachmama: 7/29
    MrsMccarthy: 7/30
    sumer08: 7/30
    LulaBee: 8/1
    Annette: 8/5
    Ninja: 8/6
    HolisticMama: 8/7
    Blessedmama: 8/7
    Amurray: 8/9
    Yellowbird: 8/11
    Renee: 8/15

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@onthemove: I hope baby is sticky! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Keep us posted.

@intotheocean: I would say they probably aren't great. They use a lot of chemicals in those lotions. They probably wouldn't do any harm but I'd avoid them from here on out just in case.

@MrsStar: hahahha I love that dream! Hysterical! I've been having a lot of dreams too.

@drjolene: I got my bump pretty early with my first too! This pregnancy I am expecting it even sooner as I keep hearing ad seeing that it typically pops more once you've had a child. Don't worry about halfway through you with start to LOVE your bump. I loved mine so much.

38. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@onthemove: Thinking of you! Hope it was a fluke!

39. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

@onthemove sending you positive vibes and wishes for your ultrasound tomorrow. We will be thinking about you and hoping everything goes well.

40. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@onthemove: praying sticky thoughts for you

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee