Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

Wow, welcome to all the new ladies! There are too many for me to go back and find all of you sorry. But congrats to all!!

Just got back from vacation, it was nice but would have been better without the nausea Still trying to find what will help, all my old tricks from DD are not working. I am gonna grab some Altoids and hope they help.

I work nights full time, so yep pretty tired over here.

Anyone else scared to death to tell their boss? I know I have a few weeks before I want to say anything but I have a different boss now since DD and she HATES kids. HATES. She doesnt understand anything having to do with family or kids so I am really dreading that talk.

I wanna be in the secret facebook group too

2. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I went into labor the day before my due date and she was born the day after my due date

@pinkb: try hard lemon candies for the nausea

3. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@pinkb: I'm nervous to tell my boss. I know he'll be happy for me, but it's a lot of time to take off and both my coworkers in my same role are male so they don't quite understand either.

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Just checking in! We got to Lake Tahoe. So excited, except that the power is out in the whole area. Also, can't wait to have my first appointment the day after we get back! Anyone mind managing the due date list while I am out of town?
    Hope everyone has a great week!

5. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Oh my gosh the exhaustion is so crazy! I just feel like I could sleep all day long. I have hardly any energy and keep nodding off here and there. It's hard to adjust too. Also have had some mild bouts of nausea.

6. intotheocean

cherry / 128 posts

Well, I went to my dating scan and actually measured 7 weeks when I should have been 8. So instead of being due feb 22, I'm due march 1! Crazy! But I knew I ovulated late so it's not completely shocking. I go back I'm Thursday to double check and make sure!

7. intotheocean

cherry / 128 posts

@MrsMccarthy: yep definitely feeling the exhaustion! I never felt like this with my son. Congrats!!!

There's a Facebook group? I want to join! I joined my last pregnancy and we are all still so close and visit each other.

8. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@intotheocean: So fun to have you here! I'll wall you a link to me then once you add me I can add you.

9. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Welcome to all of the new March mamas! I feel like there has been a sudden surge!

I know everyone's symptoms are different, but is anyone else NOT experiencing sore boobs? During my last pregnancy I had very sore boobs, which is the only time I've had them (never during AF or anything), but this time, nothing. I'm not really concerned, just curious since it seems that it is the most common symptom.

10. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@HolisticMama: I highly recommend "From the Hips" and any Ina May Gaskin book.

11. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

@LAZB: no sore boobs here! Didn't have it the first time either though

@MrsMccarthy: the exhaustion is starting to kick in over here as well. I think it's worse this time since I have to be chasing a toddler around! Would you agree? Can you add me to the fb group as well

I think I'm officially ok to believe this is really happening haha. I took my last and final test today and it was super dark. Thank goodness I don't have any more left!

12. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I cannot BELIEVE the exhaustion. I took 2 naps yesterday! That is unheard of!

Also, my boobs are tender but what really hurts is nursing DD. I plan on weaning in September, if I can make it that long.

13. renee

cherry / 181 posts

Hi all! I can't believe I'm actually posting here! I got the yesterday and I'm still in shock!

EDD: March 29, 2015 (based on LMP) or March 31, 2015 (based on O date)

How far along: 4 weeks, 1 day (I'm basing this on LMP)

First child? Yep!

First doctor appointment: August 15

Any symptoms so far? Bloated, larger breasts, tired, and some nausea (although this might not be pregnancy related, I have some GI issues!)

Who have you told? My husband and I looked at the test together… Otherwise, just you guys, my endocrinologist, and the woman who works in the OB/GYN office who I booked an appointment through this morning. I plan on telling one of my friends today, but everyone else we're waiting until 12 weeks to tell (including our parents… I'm just not convinced they could keep it a secret and I don't want them to get their hopes up if I miscarry).

14. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@BlessedMama: i walled you!

@renee: Welcome! It' so exciting watching this board grow. Let me know if you would like to join the Secret FB page

15. renee

cherry / 181 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I want to join the secret FB page!

16. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@intotheocean: @renee: welcome ladies!

17. ms. pug

grape / 99 posts

Hi Guys! I promised an update after my doctors appointment this morning, so here it goes! if some of you remember, I was pretty sick last week with a fever and was convinced something had gone wrong. Today I went in for an early u/s and everything looked good, and we saw a tiny, flickering heartbeat! My fiancée and I (we get married in just 7 1/2 weeks!) were over the moon excited. She dated me at just over 6 weeks.

Then, came the bigger news! They found TWO babies- identical twins! Twins run in my family and it's what we were both hoping for, so we couldn't be more excited! The doctor told us to be cautiously excited, though, since they could only find one heartbeat. However, being at the beginning of 6 weeks, she said it was really common, especially with identical twins, to see/find two distinct heartbeats. We are keeping the news private, but I had to share with you ladies

I go back on Wednesday, July 30 to hopefully see TWO little heartbeats!

18. HolisticMama

persimmon / 1167 posts

@ms. pug: BAAAAH!!! That's SOOO EXCITING!!!! Twins!! How are you feeling? What did your fiance say?

19. HolisticMama

persimmon / 1167 posts

The doctor called this morning with my initial betas. On Wednesday, beta was 58. On Friday, beta was 111.
    Doctor said it was on target, but wants more betas this week.

I'm hopeful that all is well.

20. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@ms. pug: Holy cow, that is amazing!!!!!

21. intotheocean

cherry / 128 posts

@LAZB: it's the opposite here! Sore boobs with this pregnancy. With my first I kept grabbing my boobs and hoping they would hurt so I would have one symptom. Lol but this go around I'm getting everything! Including bad acne!

@ms. pug: twinsssss! I wanted twins so bad! Congrats!

22. ms. pug

grape / 99 posts

@HolisticMama: @LulaBee: @intotheocean:

My fiancée just about fainted! That is exactly what we wanted though, so we are SOO excited! We are also VERY glad that we just closed a few months ago on a bigger house!

Since there was only one heartbeat so far, though, we are trying to stay grounded and contain our excitement- but it's SO hard!

I am also slightly more nervous about my wedding dress fitting now- which is on aug 7th! Three people might be a tight fit Good think my wedding is in September so there's time to alter!

Oh, and did I mention that TLC is filming my dress experience and wedding for say yes to the dress? I am not sure my life can take any more excitement right now!!!

23. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@ms. pug: You're going to be famous! Lol. You'll have to post a link to the episode when it airs.

24. ms. pug

grape / 99 posts

@HolisticMama: crossing my fingers for you!!!

25. ms. pug

grape / 99 posts

@LulaBee: When I was cast for the show, I wasn't pregnant, so I am interested to see how they react and how my fitting goes! AHH! I was worried enough for a singleton baby bump to fit into my dress- but twins?! oh goodness! At least it will be a good twist, I guess!

26. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@ms. pug: WOW! that is so amazing! I will pray that both babies make it. How exciting! Twins, A wedding, a TV show! crickey!

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@ms. pug: Yay for twins! I'm terrified of twins, but my husband would be so jealous!
    @MrsMccarthy: I've also been EXHAUSTED! I'm OK at work, but this weekend, or as soon as I'm done with work, I want to just lay around, sleep, and maybe watch tv.
    @BlessedMama: Glad I'm not the only one! I don't mind not having them, although it is a little strange because sore boobs and being tired were my only symptoms the first time around.
    @intotheocean: funny how symptoms are different in each pregnancy!

28. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@ms. pug: Gah! I just saw the SYTTD update, how fun! And yes, that will be an excellent twist, I bet they will love it!

29. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

@ms. pug: how exciting!!!

Made my appt today for August 7! Excited because my whole family will be together the following week so if everything goes well we will tell them then.

30. Mamagoose

olive / 57 posts

@holisticmama my very favorite book that I read when I was pregnant with our first was "Great With Child: Letters to a Young Mother" by Beth Ann Fennelly. It's not an "educational" book, per se, but the best and most important I read last time. I'm definitely going to re-read it this go-round too!

31. Mamagoose

olive / 57 posts

Anyone already using a Snoogle pillow? I kinda want to bust mine out again, but it feels a little early...it's just such a treat!

32. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Mamagoose: I haven't used mine yet, but I will soon! DH is not looking forward to it!

33. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@HolisticMama: keeping you in my thoughts! those numbers sound awfully close to doubling to me and they're off in a few people on here who have gotten wonky beta results only to go on to have very healthy pregnancies and children. In fact several people are against getting them done because they can be so confusing and often incorrect.still it's nice to get further monitoring and you'll probably get an earlier ultrasound as well. I expect to see a healthy baby in there.

is anyone else concerned about vitamin D towards the end of their pregnancy. I keep reading all these studies about babies being born in the spring and much more vulnerable because they are developing their brain and vital organs during the winter months. I intend to get lost vitamin D supplementation this winter in order to hopefully avoid that. You

34. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mamagoose: I love my pillow! I tend to split the night between our bedroom and my sons room but when I'm in our bedroom I'm all over that snoogle!

35. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@renee: I walled you!

36. sumer08

apricot / 468 posts

Thanks for the welcome, ladies

@ms. pug: Congrats!! Very, very exciting news!

37. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@ms. pug: Wow congrats on everything! How exciting
    @HolisticMama: Wishing you luck on your next betas.

@MrsMccarthy: I wanna join the FB group too

38. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@jaguar: Saw your update on your blog, yay for happy little baby

39. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@pinkb: okay I'll walk you my info then add me and I can add you!

40. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Found a minute to update because it's raining where we are vacationing...boo.
     March Mommas     
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PinkB, PhillyBaby2013, ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 4: LAZB, Jaguar, Madbrave
    March 5: simplyfelicity
    March 7: drjolene
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189, Sapphire, Amurray
    March 11: Anya
    March 12: Lil Bean, ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies