Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. Kemma

grapefruit / 4291 posts

Finally jumping in!

EDD: 28/03 based on ovulation, 23/03 based on LMP

How far along: 4w 4d based on O date, 5w 2d based on LMP

First child? Nope, DH and I have a beautiful daughter who will be 2 in October

First doctor appointment: I have an appointment with a midwife on 13/08 and should have a dating scan the week prior.

Any symptoms so far? I tend to get really tired at around 4pm and I have tender boobs but I'm otherwise feeling good!

Who have you told? DH obviously knows and I have asked a friend for a midwife recommendation but I haven't come out and announced to her. I did also send a parcel to a good friend in Australia and cryptically add it as PS on the end of the letter to her!

2. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@Kemma: Welcome and congrats!!!

3. MrsBucky

kiwi / 656 posts

Finally ready to join as well, nervously!

EDD: March 22
    How far along: 5w3d
    First child? Yes! Long awaited
    First doctor appointment: Not sure yet- my old GYN doesn't handle OB work, so I am currently searching for a new doc- I don't want to ask friends yet, since it's so early, but I need to figure it out ASAP. Any advice?
    Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs, fatigue, morning and late afternoon nausea.
    Who have you told? My husband and my BFF! We're waiting to tell my parents in person (out of state) when we see them in 1.5 weeks and my in-laws (also out of state) when they come to visit later in August... first grandbaby on both sides!

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Kemma: @MrsBucky: Welcome and congratulations!!!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

March Mommas         
    March 1: intotheocean
    March 2: PinkB, PhillyBaby2013, ecjohnson
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 4: LAZB, Jaguar, Madbrave
    March 5: simplyfelicity
    March 7: drjolene
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189, Sapphire, Amurray
    March 11: Anya
    March 12: Lil Bean, ms. pug
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja, MrsMcCarthy, LulaBee, MamaGoose, Blueberry
    March 22: MrsBucky
    March 23: onthemove, Kemma
    March 24: MrsStar
    March 25:Jess1483, sumer08
    March 26: HolisticMama, Annette, NavyRN2012
    March 27: Lulu Mom
    March 29: yellowbird, Renee
    March 31: Blessedmama

Appointments:   
    Drjolene: 7/23
    Nicollete1189: 7/23
    PinkB: 7/23
    Simplyfelicity: 7/25
    Lil Bean: 7/28
    Sapphire: 7/29
    Blueberry: 7/29
    Madbrave: 7/29
    Beachmama: 7/29
    MrsMccarthy: 7/30
    sumer08: 7/30
    LulaBee: 8/1
    Annette: 8/5
    Ninja: 8/6
    HolisticMama: 8/7
    Blessedmama: 8/7
    Amurray: 8/9
    Yellowbird: 8/11
    Kemma: 8/13
    Renee: 8/15

6. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Kemma: yay! I was hoping you'd join us soon! Wanna join the secret Facebook page too?

@MrsBucky: congratulations and welcome! Lemme know if ou want to join our secret Facebook group.

I'm so excited! My ultrasound is only 1 week away! Can't wait to see all the ultrasounds today! Good luck ladies!

7. NavyRN2012

persimmon / 1447 posts

@onthemove: Thinking of you! Prayers for a sticky baby!

I went to my Dr.'s office today to schedule my pregnancy test (they require, even if you've had a positive at home); even though I knew the results, it still made me really happy to hear it was positive! I'll have an appointment with the OB coordinator in about a week, she'll make me an appointment with the doctor there. It probably won't be until I'm 8-10 weeks though.

8. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

First appointment with OB coordinator this morning, just the usual history taking and basic info. She has requested an u/s as I have irregular cycles (though I am very sure of my dates). She offered for me to have the u/s done today, but encouraged me to wait until after 8 weeks, as we would "get much more information from it". Hubby and I discussed it and decided that, in spite of my nervousness, we wanted to wait until next week when we get back from the Denver trip. I want to just enjoy this trip and not be worried about if I measured behind, or couldn't find a HB or whatever. If something is wrong, it's not like I can do anything about it, and I'll be stressed all weekend for our trip.

So, short version, u/s scheduled for 7/30 Planning to tell our parents and my stepson after the u/s, as well as my boss/work staff.

9. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

Wow this board has exploded since the last time I posted! We have a lot of March Mommas! Welcome to all the new ones and Congratulations!

I had my first appointment last night with my new OB. She was super nice. I think we made a good choice. She did a pelvic exam, swab and vitals. They took blood and I got a script for the NT scan in 3 weeks.

I had a moment of panic today when I had some spotting after I went to the bathroom. I called and said it was normal after an internal which I knew but I'm still slightly on edge. This ultrasound can't come soon enough! I'm going to try to hear the HB on my doppler next Friday.

10. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

Appointment went great today with the new midwife in the practice. Had a dating ultrasound and my official due date is now March 3 rd. happy little bean with a HB of 188

11. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@drjolene: sweet! We have our scans on the same day! I'll be 7 weeks which is what I was when I had the scan with my son.

@pinkb: what a cute little bean!!!

12. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

wow I've been off the board for a while and soo much has happened! congrats to all the new mommas added!!

@ms. pug: wow, twins! Congrats! Glad you're excited about it, what a double blessing!! random question though, i always thought it was fraternal twins that were hereditary, not identical. Do i have that backwards? Maybe your little identical twins are completely out of the blue!

I had my ultrasound last friday and saw the heartbeat! Didn't get the BPM though. I was sooo relieved, i was irrationally nervous that we'd show up and there was no heartbeat and nothing in there, so that's really the first time it really registered that i was actually pregnant (not having symptoms doesn't really help with that).

My life has been crazy busy, DH and I have a side business (multiple rental properties) and it has always been the plan that i be a SAHM and run the side business once we have kids. In the mean time I'm running the business AND working full time (in a very demanding job with occasional travel, and DH travels 50% of the time) AND we just happen to be doing a full house renovation to our own house (plumbing, electrical included, not even hiring anyone..quite the DIY project...). So right now it seems like a ton is going on and i'm living in a construction zone... and sometimes it seems like I'm not even pregnant because i'm just go-go-go.... the upside is i always have good excuses as to why i can't go drinking with my friends

13. ms. pug

grape / 99 posts

@LaughLines: So, funny story! I misspoke when I said the twins were definitely identical. I wrongly assumed that since they looked like they were in the same sack they were identical, but it is far too early to tell. It was a LOT of information to take in at once! I must have imagined the doctor saying the word "identical" when discussing the heartbeat.

I think you're correct in that fraternal twins are hereditary, because now that I think about it, all of the twins in my family are fraternal! I have no idea where I got the idea that they were identical!

14. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Kemma: Yay fellow NZ'er!!

15. onthemove

pea / 20 posts

Thanks for all the support, ladies, but I'm out for this month. I had a bad feeling about it and the doctor confirmed this morning that I've most likely had a chemical pregnancy or just a very early loss. I'm feeling ok about it, and DH and I are going to try again this month.

Best of luck to everyone, and here's hoping for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you all!

16. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@onthemove: I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have the best luck next month

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@onthemove: I'm sorry for your loss

18. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Welcome to all the new March Mamas! We sure got a bunch more in our group in the last week or so!
    @pinkb: love the US!
    @LaughLines: I had my US last Friday too! And I also didn't get an exact BPM, but my doctor estimated around 150 when we listened to it.
    @Phillybaby2013: I can't decide when I'm going to break out my doppler. I can't wait to hear the baby, but I'm afraid if I try too early it will make me nervous. Maybe 10 weeks?

19. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@onthemove: so sorry!! We'll all be pulling extra hard for you for this month!

@LAZB: we didn't even listen at all, just saw it moving on the monitor. Hopefully we get to hear it next time!

20. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@onthemove: I'm so sorry

21. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@onthemove: I am so sorry :((

22. HolisticMama

persimmon / 1167 posts

@onthemove: :: hugs :: I read something yesterday that I found very thought provoking and comforting: http://lovesmomforever.blogspot.com/2012/07/spirit-babies.html

23. HolisticMama

persimmon / 1167 posts

I met with a midwife this morning! She was wonderful. I have another midwife coming by the house this evening and another I am meeting with in her office on Monday at noon. I definitely want to end up with the care provider that I click with the most.

I also have beta results: 7/16- 58, 7/18- 111. OB says those levels are "acceptable"....wants another. 07/21- 598! Hooray!

24. HolisticMama

persimmon / 1167 posts

@LaughLines: I'm glad that your ultrasound went well! I also have that fear about the heartbeat- and then what could you do? :: sigh :: I would actually cancel the appointment and just start working with my midwife, but Andrew (the husband) is SO SO excited about it. So we will move forward with it.

@pinkb: Pretty big squishy bean.

@MrsBucky: Did you ask your OB if they have any recommendations? Are there any online local groups that you are familiar with? I am part of a group on facebook for local homebirthers...they had LOTS of insight on midwives.

@NavyRN2012: Yay. Due date twins! Being that it's your third- do you think you will make it to your date?

@BlessedMama: Awesome! That's fantastic. And you're digging this new doctor? I'm glad they are so supportive of VBAC.

@Kemma: @MrsStar: I'm so interested to see how birth is different in NZ. I have a feeling it's quite a bit different then here in the States. Do you all primarily work with midwives? Do you have birth centers, home births and hospital births?

25. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Any other second (or third+) mamas have a history of having their babies early? I had my son at 35.5 weeks, so not crazy early, but still a preemie. Nothing was wrong, and they sent the placenta off for analyzing (came back fine), so it seems to have just happened.
    This time my doctor is going to have me start progesterone injections at 20w to try to lengthen the pregnancy.

26. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsStar: yay! Someone to get through the hot summer hugely pregnant with! Jag is not in NZ but same time zone! It'll be winter for most of us.

@onthemove: I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope that you see your rainbow baby as soon as possible. Big hugs.

@HolisticMama: nice work HCG!!!!!

27. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@onthemove: I am so incredibly sorry you are going through this. I admire your positive attitude but I also want to encourage you to grieve in whatever speaks to you. A loss is a loss. Many hugs.

28. NavyRN2012

persimmon / 1447 posts

@HolisticMama: I've gone early with both. 8 days early with my son and 3 days early with my daughter!

29. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@LAZB: Not me (my son came just a couple days early), but a friend had her first at 25 weeks (like yours, no reason, etc), and her second came at 39-some weeks.

30. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@onthemove: I am so sorry.

@LAZB: Yep went into preterm labor at 32.6 weeks last time. They were able to stop it with meds and bedrest until 36 weeks, thats when I had LO. I have to go see the high risk Dr to see if they want to start the progesterone injections at 19 weeks. They also tested my placenta and there was no reason for the early labor. I think it was stress related, but who knows.

31. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

@onthemove I am so sorry to hear about this. Sending you many, many hugs

32. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@pinkb: we think for me it was hereditary. My mom had me and my two brothers at 35, 36, and 36 weeks, so it might just be the way my body does it.

33. BlessedMama

cherry / 125 posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one with cravings!

@Kemma: Welcome! We were on the October 2012 board together

@MrsBucky: Congrats!

@MrsMccarthy: Ultrasound! So exciting! I'm not sure if I will have one at my first appt or not but I hope so! I switched drs this time around but with my daughter my first one was at 12 weeks

@pinkb: so sweet!

@HolisticMama: Yes, love the new dr and know quite a few people that have gone to her

ok, seriously, my blump is out of control! I have such a bloated belly area I could pass for 3 months pregnant. It doesn't help that I had a little pouch from the first time around. I started showing the first time around 8 weeks. I don't think I am even going to be able to keep this a secret until then!

34. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@BlessedMama: I want to see the blump!! (yes I'm weird like that) post a pic I'm bloated too, had to unbutton my jeans yesterday. Went looking at maternity clothes today (the selection is very limited here unfortunately)but I didn't buy any - I'm hoping to last in leggings and flowy tops for a few more weeks at least!

35. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@mrsstar I went looking too. My pants are starting to get tight. I bought 4 pairs of leggings (2 maternity) in the last week.

36. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@LAZB: Hey! Yep, Georgia came early at 36 weeks, no reason, spontaneous labour. Had a few feeding issues, so I'm sort of hoping this baby bakes a little longer.

37. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsStar: @Kemma:

Congrats, ladies! Nice to have some more Southern Hemisphere-rs.

38. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

8w1d.... time seems to be slowing down. I just want to get to 12 weeks, man! Saw blobby again today {random sneaky scan, just because GP gave me a referral} and heartbeat was flickering away at 170bpm!

39. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@HolisticMama: Yup our lead maternity carers are generally midwives. I'm using the same midwife as my first pregnancy and she does all the scan/blood referrals, plus all the pregnancy/birth plan, birth and aftercare for 6 weeks (including seeing her every day for the first week after birth) We have hospital, home and birth center births. I have no choice but to deliver at hospital due to my bleeding disorder (they will have blood on standby for me) but I'm hoping to do my aftercare for 48 hours at the birth center if my birth goes well I hope that gives you a bit of insight, if you have any questions then let me know

40. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@jaguar: I'm 5 weeks 3 days. Time is going so slow! I want it to be 12 weeks already too.

Yay for seeing your little bean again! I'm getting a scan at 7 weeks, so I'm currently counting down the days (which are going by awfully slow)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee