Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

So the grey glider will go in new baby's room then I'm taking the chair that I reupholstered for DS2's nursery and changing the lorax fabric in the front the be anchors for the big boys' "pirate" room. I'm excited.

2. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

Thanks for all the feedback ladies! I'm still not sure how we are going to handle this. I kind of feel like a text is equally as impersonal as a Facebook announcement, so I'm not sure if we are going to go that route. I'm starting to show now, so I feel like we are going to get called out sooner rather than later 😬

3. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: So cute!!! Love that Lorax fabric! If this one is a boy I am all about anchors!!!

@Lilbear: whatever you decide will be fine! dont stress over it!

4. reverie

kiwi / 661 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: ugh got the results today which are no results.

Luckily I'm getting an ultrasound tomorrow just in time for the end of the window for the traditional sequential screen. Phew. It will be nice to see the baby since I wasn't expecting it!

5. reverie

kiwi / 661 posts

@Navy_Mommy: my son would LOVE that chair. He is obsessed with all things american flag!

6. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I'm sorry you're sick! Can you call the doctor or nurse for their advice? I would maybe go after a day? I'm not sure!

7. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@Alivoo01: The name my daughter uses is actually one of my favorites...the only thing I don't like about it is it's so popular (Emma).

@Mrs D: that rocker is gorgeous! We are looking for a new one since I didn't like my last one and gave it away during our last move. I'm thinking of getting a recliner to save space with an ottoman...but to get a recliner (and not like a recliner) seems to be pretty pricey!

I feel like i'm so out of shape during this pregnancy! I don't remember feeling this way last time. Like everything makes me out of breath. I hope that passes!

8. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@sailgrl18: Constipation has been an issue for me too. I’m also taking progesterone supplements so that doesn’t help. I’ve been taking Colace and that seems to help a little bit, but going in general takes some work! Glad all is well with you and the baby though!

@Navy_Mommy: Weird on the fever, and no Bueno on the dehydration. I think if you haven’t been able to keep down liquids after a couple hours and are going to the bathroom frequently, I’d call your OB and ask for her opinion. As for the baby’s room, super cute!!!

@ksnow: Emma is such a pretty name! Good choice by your DD! I also feel you on constantly being short of breath! This started pretty early on for me. I was like holy moly! I don’t remember being this short of breath till much later. I can’t even walk too fast or it feels like a workout. Ugh!

9. Alivoo01

I had my NT scan yesterday and everything looked great! The NT measured below what they're looking for and the baby is measuring a few days ahead. They remembered me from my frequent visits with DS so they're also keeping an eye out for me. Love that!

The baby kept waving and moving during the ultrasound so the nurse kept saying adorable! She was super nice, but after about 20 adorables, I was like okay, I get it. I know she was only being nice and excited for us.

Meanwhile, we were able to find out the sex of our baby! The dr asked if we wanted to know, and DH immediately said YES! very enthusiastically. When I didn't respond, he looked at me and panicked asking, right??? we talked about this!! I replied, "yes, I want to know. You responded so enthusiastically, I didn't feel the need to respond also" LOL!! I love that he was so excited! Anyhow, we're having a !!!! Which is amazing and awesome since our family doesn't really produce girls, and it's kind of a known fact if you work at my aunt's restaurant, you only have boys. 26 years in the business, and every person that's worked there, has only ever had boys! I can't wait to announce to my family. I definitely feel more comfortable and relaxed about this pregnancy now. If only the queasiness and lack of food desires would go away so I can eat like a normal human being again, that'd be great.... lol

10. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Alivoo01: That's awesome you found out the gender already!!! I hope I'm as lucky as you when I have my my scan tomorrow! Congratulations on the little lady!!!

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: SUCH a great update and CONGRATS on the little girl!

12. keepsinging

pea / 14 posts

@Lilbear: I was really worried about people getting "butt hurt" as @Navy_Mommy perfectly put it. (And I was right to think they would. Several people sniped at me afterwards.)

In terms of how personal communications are, the order for me is
    - in person
    - facetime
    - over the phone
    - online chat/text (depending on the person)
    - email
    - Facebook post

At least a text is intentionally you reaching out to them, not you reaching out to the world. The day we put it out on Facebook, I tried to rush around the office and tell a few people I like most face to face.

13. Alivoo01

@Lilbear: @Mrs D: Thank you ladies!!

@Lilbear: Good luck at your appt tomorrow! *fingers crossed*

14. Alivoo01

Roll Call:
    3/1 Navy_Mommy
    3/1 keepsinging
    3/2 creativemomma15
    3/3 Bubbles
    3/6 Matcha Latte
    3/6 princessandthebee
    3/9 Punky
    3/9 leighleigh
    3/9 mrsog
    3/9 sassymama34
    3/11 Mrs D
    3/12 CRGmama
    3/13 ModernDayJibarita
    3/15 reverie
    3/15 Chloesmommie
    3/15 bjm529
    3/15 erinbaderin
    3/16 MrsLilybugg
    3/16 jazzy
    3/17 nicollette1189
    3/18 winter_wonder
    3/19 araneidae
    3/20 PitBulLover
    3/21 alivoo01
    3/22 mrsdoily
    3/22 ksnow
    3/24 mrsrain
    3/24 Lilbear
    3/24 Lilypad
    3/26 sailgrl18
    3/26 Loscato
    3/27 sbbs3
    3/30 Travelinmoon
    TBD Kelli_Deluxe

Upcoming Appointments:
    9/9 princessandthebee (dr appt)
    9/11 ksnow (dr appt)
    9/11 sbbs3 (dr appt)
    9/11 Bubbles (dr appt)
    9/14 Mrs D (dr appt)
    9/15 Navy_Mommy (dr appt)
    9/16 MrsLilybugg (OB appt)
    9/18 Kelli_Deluxe (dr appt)
    9/21 Loscato (dr appt)
    9/21 keepsinging (anatomy scan)
    9/22 sassymama34 (dr appt)
    9/25 alivoo01 (dr appt)
    9/26 mrsog (NT scan)

10/1 creativemomma15 (dr appt)
    10/22 alivoo01 (anatomy scan)

15. keepsinging

pea / 14 posts

Soliciting rocking chair recommendations!

I have a teeny nursery (hello NYC space), and for my birthday yesterday my in-laws gave me any rocking chair I want. So space is a major constraint, but beyond that the world is my rocking oyster. Any recommendations or suggestions of where to start?

16. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@ksnow: I looooove Emma - SUCH a pretty name.

@Alivoo01: Yay, a girl! That's so exciting! I'm still convinced I'm having a boy but secretly (or not so secretly, since I'm telling you all) I hope it's a girl. I mean, obviously I'll be thrilled either way, but...it would be nice to have a girl.

@keepsinging: I have the Best Tryp chair, and while I'm not sure it's tiny (but I don't feel like it's huge) I love it. It was reasonably expensive but not crazy expensive but it's soooo comfortable, and because it reclines and has a pop-out footrest you don't need an ottoman. I've spent a LOT of nights in it and have always been comfortable.

@keepsinging: I agree, a text is you reaching out to make a personal connection, whereas a Facebook message is, to me, totally impersonal. But I'm weird about Facebook - I get mad when people I consider "real friends" (as opposed to high school friends whose statuses I like to read) post happy birthday on my wall instead of sending me an email, it feels like it takes no effort and doesn't count.

I've spent the better part of the morning making a pinterest board for a toddler jungle room (sorry, work) - here's what I've got: https://www.pinterest.com/erinkippen/bennett-jungle-room/ I'm all excited about it so my husband better be on board!

17. Alivoo01

@erinbaderin: I feel like I'm more of a boy's mom than a girl's mom since I'm not girly at all (tomboy all the way!), but wanted a girl!

You're Pinterest board is so cute! I really like it!!

18. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: Cute board!!!

So - I signed up for my first maternity stitch fix this AM - its due to arrive Sept 21...cant wait to see what they send me!

19. sbbs3

pea / 14 posts

oh my goodness, I can't believe the baby rooms/items have already started! I'm so anxious for my appt Friday to make sure I'm still ok. it's been a long month. definitely feel like I'm over a hurdle though, and finally WANT to eat at most times now, without being totally stumped to find something that 'sounds good'. and I gave in and bought maternity pants last weekend. oversized jeans just weren't cutting it, so that's gotta be good news! outfits are becoming impossible to totally hide in too, so definitely have to tell my boss on Monday.
    and then we have to figure out how to tell my husband's 5 year old twin boys next week. eek. we're also going to disneyland on the 24th, and that's where we plan on doing an announcement photo for fb, for the majority that don't quite know yet. I'm so excited, since we're due on Easter, it will be something cute. super close friends and family already know though.
    any tips on telling 5 year old stepkids?

20. sbbs3

pea / 14 posts

ps, I'm also having an NIPT test on Friday (since I'm 38), with blood work to tell us the sex, so I'm really hoping we find out before disneyland to annouce that also. praying for a girl, or I'm doomed forever in a house of testosterone! fingers crossed.

21. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Latest cravings? Im now 14+1 and currently loving wendys chili with hot sauce! Also donatos breadsticks n pepperoni bacon pizza lol

22. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@sassymama34: I honestly can't tell if I'm having cravings or just justifying eating whatever I want with "the baby wants it!" But I've definitely been wanting things spicy (pretty much everything I eat I think "this could use hot sauce") and lately I've really been wanting cheddar cheese popcorn. Otherwise, as long as I'm eating /something/ I'm generally pretty happy.

@NavyMommy: How are you feeling? Are you better?

23. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

I am craving anything spicey...love it! The guy in our cafe who makes the hot sandwiches makes me a grilled cheese w cheddar and pepper jack and puts jalepenos on it...MMMmmm!

24. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Erin - i am def craving spicey this pregnancy! I will eat hot peppers out of jar n drink the juice lol 😜

25. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@keepsinging: I definitely recommend getting a gliding recliner. They take up a *little* more space than a plain rocking chair, but since they have the built in pop-up foot-rest, it takes up less space just sitting there than a rocker+ottoman. We got ours at BuyBuyBaby, and 16 months later I still love it so much. We are actually about to move it into our main living space, which is another great thing about it-- so versatile!

@sassymama34: I'm not sure if I have really had any legit cravings yet. Mostly I am still eating whatever doesn't turn my stomach to think about. Last pregnancy I craved ice-cream. Most of the time I don't really care for ice-cream (I'm more of a cake/cookie/pastry person), but I could NOT get enough ice-cream when I was pregnant with LO1.

I have my NT ultrasound today, and I think they are going to talk to me about genetic testing as well. I can't wait to see our little Cricket moving around in there!

@Alivoo01: How far along were you when they told you the sex??

26. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

MrsRain- good luck at your appt!!! I cant stand sweets much at all just spice lol

27. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

Gosh, I am so bad about keeping up to date on this board, I'm so sorry!!

@sbbs3: re telling your step kids, what about getting them some type of "I'm going to be a big brother or sister" book?http://www.amazon.com/New-Baby-Mercer-Mayer/dp/0307119424/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1441899329&sr=8-4&keywords=big+sibling+book

After explaining to them of course that they will be having a new baby in the family. I think 5 year olds are old enough to understand, but young enough where you don't have to stress out about how to break the news to them if that makes any sense. What I mean is, I bet a simple "hey guess what kiddos! you're going to be an older sibling" should be OK. And the big sibling book would be a nice touch. I dunno, just my thoughts.

@Alivoo01: beautiful ultrasound! wow that's great that they gave you the baby's sex! I'm sorry if you answered this, but were you 12 weeks?

AFM:
    I have my NT scan tomorrow! I'm excited to get to see the baby, but I'm nervous at the same time. I can never shake the nervousness. I can't wait until I can feel kicks so that I will get that reassurance. I'll be 11weeks7days tomorrow at NT. Ahhhhh!

I don't remember if they give me results right away. I know I did some bloodwork two weeks ago, but it was a bunch of vials and am not positive if it's related to NT.

28. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@sassymama34: YES. I'm loving buffalo tenders. Except, so does my LO and she steals mine ha ha.

29. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@MrsLilybugg: @sassymama34: @erinbaderin: I've been craving buffalo chicken anything! We have a little pizza joint in my town that makes and amazing buffalo chicken cheesesteak. Yum!!! Now I want take out for supper!

30. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: let me know how you like their selection! I've been debating about joining or not!

@sbbs3: Disneyland sounds like so much fun!!

@sassymama34: no cravings really since food is still kinda blah for me. I don't have any good aversions, but things like fish just don't sound appetizing at all.

@mrsrain: I was craving snow cones when I was pregnant with DS! Nothing so far with this pregnancy other than simple flavors. I was 12w when I found at the sex. It was during my NT scan. Good luck at your appt today!!

@MrsLilybugg: thank you and yes, I was 12 weeks when I found out. Good luck at your appt tomorrow. I found out the results of the scan immediately, but the blood work won't come back till 3-5 days after my appt.

31. Alivoo01

Despite my constant worrying about MC, I had my first MC dream last night. The same week in which I feel like I can finally breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy being pregnant. Wtf?! Not cool body and brain. Not cool.

32. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: I've never heard of Stitch Fix, I had to google it, but so cool! I read some reviews and all the clothes look so pretty. I hope it works out for you! If only they shipped to Canada - if you find anything great you'll have to share it!

@sbbs3: Disneyland, how fun! I can't wait until the kids are old enough for me to take them. Do you have an idea of what you're going to do? Will it involve mouse ears? My husband's friend is a Disney fanatic and on his last trip he got my son one of those mouse ears hats with his name on it, and he LOVES it, he wears it all the time.

@MrsLilybugg: I would think at the scan they'd give you some of the results (maybe the measurements, etc) but you'd have to wait to hear from your doctor for the overall bloodwork/scan combined results? I've never done the NT testing so I have no idea how it really works.

My friend sent me a picture this morning of a giant bag of maternity clothes she's bringing me when she comes over next weekend, I can't wait! I'm still in the "is this shirt long enough to hide the fact that I'm holding my pants together with an elastic band" phase, but it can't last much longer, pretty soon I'm going to be fully into maternity pants, at least. Luckily the temperature has FINALLY dropped so hopefully I'll be ok with mostly jeans and corduroy.

33. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Well ladies i scheduled an elective ultrasound for sunday to hopefully find out the genders!! Im too impatient n being twins i wanna plan sooner rather than later lol... Cross fingers babies cooperate 😄 I'll be 14+4

34. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@sassymama34: I'm so jealous! In Canada they're legally not allowed to tell you before 20 weeks (even the elective ultrasound places), it's so annoying! It's fairly recent, because with my last pregnancy 2 years ago we got an elective ultrasound to find out the sex at 16. It's already killing me that people are finding out and I have 7 weeks to go!

35. Alivoo01

@erinbaderin: yay for maternity clothes from a friend!! And that totally sucks it's ILLEGAL for them not to tell you before 20 weeks. Why is that?? I'd go bonkers personally. Lol

@sassymama34: yay!! Good luck and can't wait to find out what you're having!!

36. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Thanks ladies!! And yea that def sucks they can't tell you 20 weeks is too long to wait lol

37. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@erinbaderin: OMG that would drive me bananas!!! Are you very far from the border? You could hop on over for a quick elective u/s over here!

38. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Alivoo01: From what I understand, it's because we have a large multicultural community and there were fears that some cultures were finding out the sex early and then aborting female children. I don't know if that's actually true or if there were just fears that it /could/ happen.

@Lilbear: I totally considered it - that's what my neighbours did! But my husband wants to just wait, so I'll probably suck it up. Although it just occurred to me that at my dating ultrasound the tech seemed pretty sure she could tell the gender, maybe I'll ask my midwife at my next appointment to take a look!

39. sbbs3

pea / 14 posts

@erinbaderin: I'm sure our photo will definitely involve ears! We just got married in June, so I'm thinking of making signs to hold, "first comes love", "then comes marriage", "then comes... EASTER 2016!" ha. and we'll all wear ears, with me holding a little baby pair of ears, 'coming soon'
    @Alivoo01: I too had such a disturbing dream last night, with anticipation of my appt tomorrow. I dreamt the doctor said all was normal, and that it was a boy, but then for some reason I got a 'prototype' baby to take home with me, which they told me would pass away within 48 hours. it was horrible! my dreams have been SO weird.
    it's crazy tho because I want a girl so bad, yet the boy was SOOO cute! I guess it made me realize I'm going to love him/her absolutely, no matter what
    @MrsLilybugg: thanks! I've thought about getting them each a baby gift too, telling them it's something to give their new sibling that's on the way, to make them feel part of it all. the tricky part is, their mother, who lives out of state (we have full custody) also got pregnant a few months ago and she told them right away. and they were very unsure of it. they've had a lot of adjustments tho, with me moving in, and then their mom leaving in Dec... we want to make sure they're ready for this. it was a HUGE struggle getting them to respect me after their mom left, but it was only backlash from the pain they had with their mom. things are much better now, and I'm glad she was the first to have that news for them. we've just been warming them up over the last couple months, telling them 'we're going to try, and see what happens', and at least they're not against it now.

40. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: @erinbaderin: I did Stitch Fix 3 times before getting KU'd and I loved it. I kept 3, 2, and 3 pieces respectively. I liked them all - I will def report back on the maternity selection!

@erinbaderin: Thats awesome you are getting hand-me-down Maternity clothes. I have LOVED having a small stash from K saved up this time around. I have also been investing in some new nicer pieces - but having a starting point allowed me to get some nicer staple pieces!

@Alivoo01: Not sure about Canada's reasons but I believe my co-worker in India told me you are NOT EVER allowed to know the gender before birth because of the frequency with which girls would potentially be aborted. So sad...I'd imagine it may be similar in China with their rules...

@sbbs3: Put the ears on your tummy for the picture!!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee