Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: Ya - I pulled the two bins I need right away (linens/burpclothes/blankies & 0-3mos clothes) and then kind of forgot I needed to wash, sort, store the contents. Whoops! I found a great storage piece from Target I need to get this weekend then I'll be ready to sort/store! I have a dresser under the changing station - but plan to use that for clothes only...so I need some bin storage for the blankets, burp clothes and bathroom towels!

I am also getting sick of my maternity clothes. I have two dresses and a pair of pants I am still fond of. I basically hate my jeans and black work pants - which cuts half my work pants out of the picture. But like you - I cant justify spending any money! I cant wait until leave when I can just wear leggings/yoga pants all day every day!

I tried HelloFresh this week - as a way to have an additional back up dinner option (I struggle with freezer/crock pot meals with DH) for leave. I like it and the ingredients are great but $69 for 3 two serving meals is a bit steep. I think this will be an emergency situation only type thing!

Anyone have great freezer meal recipes to share?

2. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: Freezer meals - casseroles? Soups? I make fresh pasta sauce, freeze it, and keep it in the freezer at all times so that plus some fresh ravioli is a good go-to. But I basically just plan to buy pre-made things for a while, either fresh or frozen, because right now I'm too lazy to make meals ahead of time.

Finally broke down and went up another bra size today - LIFE CHANGING. I had bigger bras from my last pregnancy but they were buried in a bin in the storage area of the basement. Finally decided it was worth the hassle to dig them out and today my life is so much better.

3. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@erinbaderin: I didn't realize how badly my old bras didn't fit until I picked up 2 new bigger nursing bras from Target last week. Can't bear to put the old ones back on now...If anyone hasn't sized up their bra yet get to the store!

4. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@erinbaderin: @ksnow: my band size went up, so I bought bra extenders. It's basically a rectangle shape of fabric that has extra hooks, so you can extend the band size of your current bras and it costs less than $5.00!!! I highly recommend it if anyone is having issues with just the band size and not the cups!

5. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@erinbaderin: YES!!! Giving him a bath has been a bit difficult with a growing belly so I asked DH to bathe him instead. When I ask DS if he's ready for bath and he says yes, but sees his dad getting up too, he tells DH "No baba! Stay! no baba!" If DH continues to get up and walk towards the bathroom, DS will try to block DH's path and tell him to stay. So I have to start the bath, undress him, put him in the tub, THEN he's okay with daddy coming in. Weird kid. For awhile, he loved taking showers, so that wasn't a problem, but lately, he's taken more towards baths.

As for clothes, yes!! I was excited to rock my maternity jeans at the beginning (because they were super comfy with my 1st pregnancy) but they proved to be super uncomfortable and dig in so I retired them in the 2nd trimester and have been rocking leggings ever since. And I'm usually anti-leggings kinda person. Oh, the words/things we eat. lol! I'm also rotating between the same 4-5 shirts because I don't want to spend money on clothes that I will only wear for such a short amount of time.

6. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: We just did HelloFresh as a trial (super cheap - I got our first box for $29) bc I was hoping to establish it as an emergency back up for weeks when life is too much. We were very pleased with the recipes and the quality of the ingredients. I still think the baseline price is just too much to justify doing for an ongoing period of time.

I'm trying to stock my freezer with easy dinner options and proteins for my weekday lunches. I am trying to each much healthier this time around on leave and shed more lbs during that time then have to do it all 3-6-9 months PP like I did last time. My plan for now is:

Dinners
    -2 Chicken & Dumpling (crock pot)
    -2 Honey Sesame Chicken (crock pot)
    -2 Pot Roast (crock pot)
    -2 Steak and peppers (crock pot)
    -Dream dinners...12 (3 serving) entrees

Lunches
    -12-16 stuffed chicken breasts (I buy pre-made from butcher)
    -6 salmon filets
    -6 other fish filets

Then I am also stocking the pantry with easy sides, things for my healthy breakfast options, protein powder and nuts/dried fruit. Stocking my freezer with frozen veggies and fruit. Stocking my fridge (end of Feb) with almond/coconut milk, eggs and yogurt. Trying to make staying on track easier this go around!

7. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Alivoo01: I'm also usually anti-leggings but have been wearing them a LOT lately! The only problem is that I feel a little underdressed in them at work. A lot of people do wear leggings, but not a lot of people at my level.

@ksnow: I don't know why I was resisting! My husband kept pointing out the red marks on my chest, going "That looks uncomfortable, are your bras not bugging you?" and I kept going "No no, I'm fine!" So dumb and lazy.

@Lilbear: Such a good idea! I definitely had too small cups, but that's a good workaround. We have the same thing for my son's onesies, because he gets too tall for them before he grows out of any other part, and it's let us get a lot more use out of things.

@Mrs D: You guys seem to have a lot more meal delivery options than we have in Canada! Or at least that I know about. Stocking the fridge and pantry is a great idea! I remember last time basically spending the first two weeks post partum eating mixed nuts and graham crackers. I definitely need to make some pasta sauce for my stash, and some muffins for the freezer.

Feeling really uncomfortable today! I booked a massage for tomorrow, though, which I'm very excited about. Hopeful that it will help relieve some of this hip/lower back pain.

8. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@erinbaderin: I feel under dressed also, but sadly, it's the only thing that's comfy and not a lot of money. I have a few dresses, but since it's winter, I still have to wear leggings under them to keep warm so yea.

DD's sprinkle is tomorrow and while I was eh about it for awhile, I'm actually pretty excited about it now! She's getting all of DS's hand me downs minus a few new outfits for herself, so this will be nice. Considering I wasn't planning on throwing her a shower in the first place. One of my good friends insisted on throwing one for me/her and I'm glad she pushed it on me.

9. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Midwife appointment tomorrow! We have to do the GBS screening and she even offered to bring the birth tub to leave at my house! I'm like, no! It's not time for that yet!! lol

10. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Have you been GBS+ in the past? I am so annoyed I dont know yet...and I am hearing such mixed responses...I just want to know if I am staying two nights or not. My sister was GBS+ with her first and they didnt even test her with her second - just assumed she was. My Dr said that is not the case so they test with each pregnancy but not until 36w...so I have until next week. UGH!

And seriously...I am not ready to be 35w already...holy crap...time is really flying.

11. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

I started my weekly appointments now and actually had my GBS test last week. I have another midwife appt today and will be 36 wks on Thursday. It's coming so fast! I've stated getting more hip pain just yesterday and I think baby is moving lower. Here's hoping we have some more time yet. DS was born at 36 wks so I'm trying to be hopeful yet realistic with expectations. My bag is almost packed and the kids bag is packed now too. Crazy!

12. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: No, I've never been GBS+ in the past. I know people that have been for 1 out of 3 pregnancies, who have been for all their pregnancies, and who have never been. I've never known a provider to not test.

13. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: @Mrs D: @creativemomma15: you ladies are SOOO close to the end!!

Had my 32 week appointment on Friday, and she said baby is finally head down! That explains why my intense pelvic pain had dissipated suddenly... Pretty sure little guy was transverse and his head with in my right hip.

My sprinkle was on Saturday and it was so nice. Feeling really loved! In addition to some gifts they set up a meal train for us for April and May! We didn't know anyone during my first pregnancy, so we didn't have any of this stuff!

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@mrsrain: Meal train is amazing!!! Such a wonderful gift! Glad your Sprinkle was a success!

@Navy_Mommy: I thought it was very odd too...I mean I get it - you have the bacteria once you are more likely to still have it with #2 but why not do a simple test?

15. Loscato

olive / 64 posts

@Alivoo01: Since March is coming up so quickly, can you repost everyone's due dates?
    Thanks!

16. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

33 week appointment today, and the midwife confirmed my suspicions that the baby is heads up, again. The last two appointments they've been telling me he's head down and I've been skeptical, because they were wrong last time and all the movements have felt the same, and then today the third midwife (who I never saw in the second half of my pregnancy last time) was like "yeah, I'm pretty sure that that's his head stuck in your ribs". At least this time there's time for him to turn himself or try an ECV, so fingers crossed. So I stopped on the way home to console myself with a chocolate chip muffin and a spree at the storage store, and now I have bins and hanging shelves for the nursery closet.

17. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

I dont know how but I am always WAY more productive when I am busy. DH was gone all weekend so I was single parenting - I am the nicest wife to let him go golfing all weekend while I chase a 2.5 year old 35 weeks preggo.

But anyways...I finally got the crib set up for DD (raised and new bedding placed), all the newborn and linen laundry (burp clothes, blankets, bibs, etc), got the clothes organized, got baby bag and diaper bag packed, got my bag planned and half packed and got almost all the remaining DIY art work done and hung. My big open items:

1) Buy organizer for closet (just need to get to Target and get it)
    2) Organize baby linens that are now clean
    3) Finish 2 canvases, hang final 3 (one is already done)
    4) Food prep (multiple steps here...pantry stocking, freezer stocking and fridge stocking...)

I'm feeling much more prepared but still no where near ready!!!

18. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Another good appointment today. I got to do my own GBS swab, lol. My fundal measurement is ahead so we decided I definitely don't need my final growth scan (I would rather not get extra ultrasounds). She said she can come next Monday or draw it out to next Thursday, and I didn't see the need to be seen again so soon so next Thursday it is! If I feel the need we can change the appointment to Monday though.

When she comes next Thursday she will bring the tub to leave at my house and the birth assistant will come so I can meet her. She also said to have as much of my birth supplies set aside as possible. And I got the prescription for a breastpump and ordered it through a medical supply site.

And she gave me the thumbs up to start EPO and DH and I had stopped having sex the past few weeks because I would end up with pretty intense contractions for the next 12-24 hours and she said not to avoid sex just to avoid contractions at this point.

I think it's safe to say it is the beginning of the end of this pregnancy! As much as I love y'all, I wouldn't mind having a February baby DH is really hoping for a Leap Day baby, which is only the day before my EDD.

19. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: agh! So exciting!

20. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

Well, my day got stupid very quickly - I had to go to a consult with the OB so she could tell me everything about VBACs that my midwives had already told me. First she kept me waiting for an hour. Then she told me things I already knew, then said she "just wanted to check the baby", despite the fact that I'd been to the midwife 4 hours earlier. So listening to his heartbeat, she said it was decelerating, picking up, decelerating, etc. (although always within normal levels) so she said she was sending me to L&D for fetal monitoring and, if his heart was still fluctuating, then an ultrasound. I get over there and they tell me she already ordered an ultrasound regardless so I'm going to be there for a while. By this point it's after 3:30, we're 40 minutes from home, and we have to get B at 4:30. So they hook me up to the monitor, my husband leaves. I spend 20 minutes on the monitor, everything looks fine, they send me down to ultrasound, I spend an hour down there, everything looks fine, I go back up for more monitoring. Now it's 5, they tell me they're going to monitor me for about 20 more minutes, so I call my mom (who had said she'd come get me) and tell her that. 45 minutes later they come back and say now I have to wait for the OB because nobody can leave without seeing a doctor. 15 minutes later they come back again, say the fetal monitoring looks perfect and take it off, and now I'm just waiting to see the OB but they don't know when she'll be available. At 6:15 I've had enough, put my coat on, and just tell them I'm going home. So I got home at 7, barely in time to put B to bed, didn't get to so the grocery shopping, never mind make the nice dinner I'd planned, and the baby is official breech, plus the OB said she wouldn't try to do an ECV on somebody with an anterior placenta "although opinions on they differ". Ugh!

21. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@erinbaderin: oh man! What a frustrating day! Is the ob trying to prevent you from having a vbac? How many weeks are you?

22. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@mrsrain: You mean because she won't do an ECV? She said she wasn't comfortable putting that kind of pressure on the placenta because of the potential for it to detach It's something I'll have to talk to the midwives about - I know they don't do an ECV, they'll send me to an OB, but since there are differing opinions I can see if they'll send me to a different one. In the meantime I'm investigating chiropractic and acupuncture options, I guess. I'm just over 33 weeks. My midwife said that 80% of babies turn between 34 and 36 weeks but Bennett never did, so I'm not optimistic that he'll flip on his own. I don't WANNA have another c section! (whine whine whine)

23. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@erinbaderin: wow that sounds like a stressful and frustrating day! I hope he turns for you soon so you don't need to think about it anymore! My little guy was head down at like 28 weeks, but I have NO idea if he's still in that position atm!

@Mrs D: you are SO organised! I would love to be like this!

We are finally set to move house on Saturday... I will be 37 weeks on Sunday so this will be interesting! Luckily my ILs are taking DS for the weekend, and my mum and sister are going to come and help with cleaning and unpacking. Can't wait to actually be able to start preparing properly!

24. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: Sorry for the awful and annoying experience. I am a bitch in hospitals when I feel I am getting the runaround...probably not the smartest way to be but whatever...I'll keep my fingers crossed for a flip...you have time still for sure!!!

@Bubbles: Organized chaos...thats what I like to call it!

25. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@erinbaderin: that sounds so miserable! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.

@Mrs D: I'm also a total bitch in hospitals, lol. When Oliver was like 6 months old I got mastitis but I had such a strong immune response they thought it was something way worse. I asked for a breast pump because I had been away from him for like 6 hours and was engorged and they apparently didn't have one...until I threatened to leave (I was in the ICU at the time) and started removing monitors. Magically they got one from their "sister hospital" within 10 minutes.

26. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: @Navy_Mommy: It's funny, I called my husband to complain (actually to cry) and then suddenly thought "Wait...I don't /have/ to sit around here. What if I just leave?" and it was so empowering to say "Listen, I know this isn't your fault but this is totally ridiculous and I'm going home." The nurse actually said "Yeah, I don't blame you".

@Bubbles: So you found a place to rent? That's good news! Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly!

27. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I'm a friendly bitch until I feel like they are not listening to me...then it gets ugly...and I generally respect Drs and feel they are doing whats right - but sometimes they get caught in the hustle and bustle and need to be reminded we are humans ...

28. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: they had literally just ordered a spinal tap and told me I'd probably be there a few nights. And I was like, yeah, then I need a breast pump since a) my boobs are bursting and b) my kid needs to eat. They said, "we don't have breast pumps because we don't have a NICU" I was like, seriously? But you DO have patients who are breastfeeding. And they INSISTED it wasn't possible until I started pulling off monitors and putting on my pants.

29. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Ya - I had to repeat about 4 times "I just had a CT of my chest done...please explain what xrays of my chest add to the equation"...before a lightbulb went off in the Drs head and she agreed to call the OB who was attending to me...it was a 30 sec phonecall which I am certain went "She is saying she had a CT and doesnt need an xray"...."yes you idiot - why would you do an xray if we looked in her chest 30 minutes ago with a better machine"...thank god!

30. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

I finally found the wrap I am going to get...I'm excited! I wanted so bad to go with a bold gorgeous color but I think starting with a simple neutral is the responsible decision...if I end up loving wearing this go around I will splurge for one in May for my Birthday!

Thoughts @Navy_Mommy: since I know you are an "expert"!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/245643235/ring-sling-wcrs-little-frog-quartz-wrap?ref=shop_home_active_15

31. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: little frogs are great budget options but they definitely need some breaking in. Wash it, dry it, steam iron it, sit on it, run it through the rings, use it. And it'll break in nicely.

32. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Thanks for the input...there was a Lenny Lamb one and a Tekhni one I was eyeing from the same Etsy shop...recommend any of those more than the little frogs? I probably like the Lenny Lamb the most - but it was a blue/purple and so not the nice neutral I had decided I should look for!

33. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: which tekhni? I don't know much about Lenny Lamb, honestly, but tekhni I've tried a lot of.

I actually made the baby a waldorf blanket doll with a tekhni wrap scrap hat on it yesterday, lol.

34. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

35. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: mint lace is nice. Not sure about the other LL. And the tekhni would be really nice right away (after a single wash)

36. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: the mint lace is sooooo pretty....ugh...so many choices...its a good problem to have!

37. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Just won a bid for a Belly Bandit on Ebay...the bamboo one (which I had read was more comfortable)...did anyone use these with previous little ones?!

38. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@erinbaderin: Yes we did, thank you so much I cannot wait to get settled Good for you leaving the hospital - I always feel like I have to do what medical people say for some reason!

@Mrs D: I didn't use any kind of belly thing with LO1 but am thinking about it this time - any extra help will be good in the stomach department! I worry they will be really uncomfortable though - I hate restrictive clothing!

39. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Bubbles: Being as this is almost certainly my last pregnancy I am taking my "get my body back" a little more seriously this time. (I wish I would have last time) A few friends have sworn by these - and one said this one (the bamboo one) is the most comfortable. I am committing to wearing it while I sleep for sure - and hoping it is comfy enough to wear during the day as well. I'll let you know when it arrives!

40. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Mrs D: Yes do let me know how it feels!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee