Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@momtimes3: keeping you in my prayers!

@erinbaderin: I have told DH he is on pick up duty (and drop off) for the first two weeks. After that I am going to try to do it most days...and ya I am terrified of having both of them alone while DD2 is SO little!

@Alivoo01: Thats likely the first day I can elect to be induced... (39w on 3/4...dont do elective inductions on weekends) so maybe we'll be date twins!

So...are you guys all installing the infant seat on the passenger side? I guess thats what I do right? Otherwise - behind me - I wouldnt be able to see her? I wonder if K will react to switching sides of the car...

2. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Mrs D: We put DD behind the driver FF, because we are too tall to move the driver's seat up while still fitting under the wheel (so no RF behind the driver). The baby will go behind the passenger seat RF because that is the only spot in the car where we can fit a RF car seat.

3. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Alivoo01: That's only 3 weeks away! How are you feeling going from 5 weeks to 3 just like that?

@Mrs D: That's our plan, yeah - I'm pretty tall and I don't think that I can fit my knees under the steering wheel with the infant seat beside me plus harder to see the baby. It should be interesting - when Bennett gets upset in the car I can always soothe him by reaching back and holding his hand (if I'm driving. If I'm not driving he wants me in the backseat with him), which I don't think I'll be able to do when he's right behind me? The other day we were driving home from daycare and he was yelling "Mommy sit backseat hold my hand!" and I told him that pretty soon his little brother would be sitting in the backseat with him and he said "Baby brother hold my hand?" and it totally scrunched my heart.

4. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Mrs D: First we're month twins twice over, and now possibly date twins too! How cool!!

As for car seat, I was thinking of putting DD behind me and shifting DS over to behind the passenger seat. He's currently in the middle. However, DH is tall, and putting her behind the driver seat would mean he can't drive my car or have to drive in my seat setting. He's like 10" taller than me so big diff! I'll have to discuss with DH and figure this out soon!

@erinbaderin: Freaking out a bit but I knew for awhile I wouldn't go 40 weeks so not too bad. But having an official delivery date now is surreal!

5. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@Loscato: Great name!

@Mrs D: Ok good to know, I'm excited to drive the town and country tomorrow and see how it goes!

I'm so nervous about having both little ones too, but as a SAHM we have no daycare for DS, so hubby is taking 2 weeks off and then it's ust me! AHHH Luckily my mom's a teacher and her spring break is coming up end of March so I will have help again then. And then I have to wait until May when my in-laws fly in from Scotland for three weeks.

I keep hearing two things, the first six months with two kiddos is crazy hard but that is really does go faster with two and it's not as bad a transition as 0 to 1. Hoping they are right!

For car seats, DS will move to behind driver, and DS2 will go behind passenger seat and we'll try to get a mirror for both sides so we can see both boys.

6. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

7. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

So this is going to be TMI but is anyone else having an increase in discharge these days??? I had some mucus discharge earlier this week but not much. Now I just feel like discharge in general has increased... This is normal, right? I feel like I should know since this is #3 for me.

8. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@creativemomma15: yup. Panty liners all day every day here, lol.

9. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Ugh... It just feels gross. Lol. Last night I had a dream that my water broke and then woke up to use the bathroom and had all the gross discharge. I'm ready to get this show on the road!

10. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@creativemomma15: with my first I never really "lost my plug" it was more of a steady discharge at the end. My second I distinctly lost my plug and didn't ever need to wear panty liners. This time it's more of a steady discharge again so I'm assuming I won't distinctly lose my plug again.

11. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Yeah, I never lost it at all with my other two... With my DS my water broke at 36 wks and with DD I only had some discharge after my midwife stripped my membranes and then I went into labor. This is more like a steady discharge. Gotta love how glamorous late pregnancy is.

12. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@creativemomma15: I'm same as @Navy_Mommy: and just wear liners all day. It's most in the morning...and just annoying. It was the same as k - but I do remember a few chunks of the plug coming out around 38 w but not all at once!

13. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Car seat is installed! Clothes are put away! Just need to pull the mamaroo out and grab the last few homebirth things.

14. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

Hospital bag is packed! Baby laundry is done and put away, and the house is basically clean. I've been getting more intense BH contractions this weekend, which is making me anxious to get stuff done, in case he comes early. Waiting on a few more amazon orders and still need to install the car seat, but I'm feeling pretty prepared otherwise! So of course I'll probably go to 42 weeks

15. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@mrsrain: that's how I feel, too. Oh, I'm ready? I'll probably go past 42 weeks. Yuck

16. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: you're getting so close! I can't wait to start seeing our March babies arrive... I wonder who'll be the first!

17. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@mrsrain: yeah, I'll be 38 weeks Tuesday!

Already taking EPO orally, Tuesday I'll start inserting it vaginally. I drink red raspberry leaf tea (with a few other uterus-toning herbs) two to three times a day. I've got a birth pool in my closet. Tuesday we'll make the bed for labor (my snuggly sheets on first, then a shower liner, then sheets I don't mind ruining) so if I deliver in bed we just pull off the top set and I can get to snuggling baby. I filled out the birth certificate paperwork. Now I just wait. Impatiently. To go into labor. Because pretty much any time now would be considered "normal."

I had a rough day Friday. Yesterday I had a really good day! I'm just happy I still have good days, haha.

18. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Happy side effect of planning a homebirth...I'm doing decorating I definitely would have put off otherwise. Put up curtains, made a felt ball garland to hang with the curtains, bought and hung the canvas of this pregnancy announcement (to go next to our last announcement), I'm making throw pillows I probably would have NEVER gotten around to.

Yay!

19. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: is that a Great Dane I see?!? Butt bombing the picture?

I have been having lots of unpleasant feelings and general yuckiness lately! Lots of BH, some long periods of cramping (not rhythmic like I think contractions are)..and baby girls movements are killing me...when she rolls or whatever it almost makes me want to puke...

Hoping it's just from being home three days this weekend chasing a toddler!

20. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: yeah, lol. That's GusGus. He'll be two in May. And that was totally me all weekend. Last night I REALLY thought I was gonna throw up from it. Very consistent tightening and slow but exaggerated movements from baby had me at the point I was shaking and my mouth was watering like I was going to throw up.

I feel a bit better today though. Just my body getting ready I guess!

21. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: his face is cuter than his butt

22. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I love Great Danes!!! So glad I am not land with these awful feelings...it's like my stomach churns and yes totally watering mouth!!!

Do we think these prolonged cramps are "real" ones? Not necessarily thinking I am in labor but def think I'm making progress if so...they'll last like 5-10mins every couple of hours.... Ugh!

23. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: OMG so handsome!!!!!

24. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: my midwife refers to it as end of pregnancy stage NOT early labor stage. It isn't early labor till it's rhythmic. But that doesn't mean it isn't doing work. It's moving baby into position. Toning the uterus. Helping efface and dilate.

25. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: aaaaand, just for fun, this is my Gabby girl. I've had her since college. She's an American bulldog. Love my cow-dogs.

Friday I was having a shitty day and my husband surprised me with a cow print blanket. The baby's car seat is cow print. But we refer to it all as Gabby-print.

26. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I loooove big dogs...spotted ones are even better! Dh is a smaller dog guy so I have this mud covered puggle mut!!

27. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

I have a black pug she thinks she is 100 pds lol and im guessin ill be first to give birth in our group since i will never see march and have a date and time set? Im def gettin nervous closer it gets 😮

28. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@momtimes3: our neighbors in Miami had a black pug that's name was fergie....I love the pug personality!!!!

29. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Momtimes3: remind me what the date is? We'll have to set up a March labor watch thread soon!

I feel like I've had one long BH contraction all day. Hard, tight belly with almost no relief. Anyone else have this?

Edited to correct who question was for!

30. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@momtimes3: whoops, that last question was meant for you!

31. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Pugs are awesome lol i love their smushed faces 😂😂 ive been crampy a lot which sucks but since i measure like 7 weeks ahead im not surprised lol

32. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Mrs Rain due to my stalker on here im not comfortable posting exact date just in case they try to come to hospital n cause trouble but it is before march..i hate i cant share more as i love this board but its been ruined for me im sorry

33. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@momtimes3: oh no! I'm sorry, but I totally understand.

Ugh. I'm a little frustrated today. My weight is up quite a bit in spite of not changing my eating habits. I've been doing very well managing my weight-gain this time around, so that makes me nervous. With Maddie I gained a lot in the third tri and had a lot of swelling and some other symptoms that had them watching me for pre-e.
    Eek! I don't want to go through that again!

34. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@mrsrain: sorry about the weight gain. I struggle with weight (non pregnancy) so I have been trying to be super careful. The good news is I am looking to end up gaining about 10lbs less than I did with K - but the bad news is I started 10lbs heavier so I am ending in the same spot! Hopefully yours is just a fluke week (I had one where I gained 4lbs in a week...the Dr waited to see what the next week was like - last week - and I gained nothing)...

Ya'll I felt like such crap yesterday. Seriously I was nervous my body was starting to prep for the big game...nausea, cramping, BH like crazy and just wicked exhausted. Thankfully this morning I feel much better...hoping a few days at work (not home chasing a toddler) will help!

I got the last piece of "furniture" for the nursery this AM (I love target...they beat their delivery estimate by 2 days) and will be putting it together tonight. Super excited.

I also took advantage of Carters presidents day sale...I got 8 dresses, 2 sweaters and two long pant/sleeveless rompers for $50! My only wardrobe gap is that K was 3 mos in the dead of winter and this one will be in the dead of summer. So the basics are fine (pants, onsies, sleepnplay) I needed some dresses! Made me feel better about feeling so icky! We went to Florida when K was 6 mos - so I have some 6 mos summery clothes already!

Speaking of - anyone have plans for their first trips with the new LOs? We are starting to sort ours out and its kind of terrifying...

35. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@mrsrain: I think that it fluctuates depending on the week, on the baby, etc - if you've been doing fine the whole time and it's just this past week that's been bad I'd try not to worry about it, at least wait and see what happens next week! I'm expecting mine to be up a fair amount at my appointment tomorrow too but that's because I ate basically a full pan of rice krispie squares this weekend...

@Mrs D: It's bad news when you're thinking "Oh, workday, that should be relaxing!" But I know what you mean. By yesterday afternoon I was basically letting my husband handle all the toddler wrangling and just sitting on the couch. I think the three trips running up and down 3 flights of stairs with him on my back were a mistake...

Where are you planning a trip to? We made a vow coming home from our last vacation - no flights in 2016 - but I'm starting to feel trip-antsy so I'm not sure we'll actually be able to keep it. Nothing planned yet, though.

It was so nice to have a long weekend! We didn't get everything done that I wanted - it was -40 with the windchill so we decided that loading up the car and going to the dump was probably a mistake - but we did get the nursery finished, so I feel good about that, and otherwise we just had a lovely family weekend where we did nothing except play.

36. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Mrs D: @erinbaderin: thanks for your encouragement! I did some googling and it sounds like a growth spurt around now is pretty normal. Plus, looking at my photo from Thursday compared to today and it appears belly has grown a ton!

@Mrs D: I know the feeling! I've started to get a lot of contractions when I'm active, plus my body seems to be (ahem) clearing itself out. Glad you're feeling better! Hopefully we've still got some time left before the big day!

@erinbaderin: congrats on finishing the nursery! So exciting!

37. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@mrsrain: Oh....totally all belly and you have totally dropped!!! And yes on the clearing out...it was great trying to explain to a 2.5 yo why mommy had to run to the bathroom! Then she stood in there with me asking 4500 why questions...she's lucky she is cute!!!

@erinbaderin: Right - its sad when work is relaxing!!! Not 100% sure on trips yet. I told DH I want to road trip a bit more this summer bc of how amazing wee ones do in the car. I was thinking maybe the east coast (a lot of our friends are in NYC/Boston) or maybe Gatlinberg, TN. I think I will also take 2 weeks in northern Michigan...1 week at my cottage and another week in the UP...

I think our first flight will be Thanksgiving...we'll likely head to Florida. DD2 will be about 8-9 mos...so should still be an easy-ish flying age....

38. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Mrs D: thank you! That makes me feel better!

39. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@creativemomma15: um.... I've been wearing panty liners for a lil while now due to discharge and a little bit of incontinence, which is really weird. If my bladder has any liquid in it, and I sneeze without squeezing my legs together, yea... not cool.

I had a dream the other day I saw my mucous plug too, but it was super long like the umbilical cord. So weird!!!

@Navy_Mommy: I picked out DD's going home outfit yesterday as I was putting away her clothes. Going to discuss the car seat thing with DH tonight. Debating if we should move DS's car seat to its new location soon so he can get used to it or wait until we install DD's base next week or so.

And good thinking on layering your bed so stripping it down will be easy breezy and you'll have your snuggly sheets ready to go!

Love your announcement canvases btw!!

@mrsrain: woohoo for being almost done!! So exciting and nerve wracking at the same time!!

As for the weight gain, maybe it's all baby??? It is home stretch and don't they gain like 0.5lbs or something a week? And the weight looks to be definitely all in your belly!! So cute!!!

@Mrs D: Yay for feeling better and new cute clothes for DD#2!! Our first trip is probably going to be over July 4th weekend so she'll be about 4 months old. That's about how old DS was when he took his 1st trip. Should be interesting to see how traveling with 2 kiddos will be like!

@erinbaderin: -40?! No thank you!!! lol. Our weather has been fluctuating like crazy. The high's will be in the upper 50's one day and by the end of the week it's mid 70's, then it'll crash back down to the 50's the following Monday. Rinse and repeat.

40. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@mrsrain: Wow, that is some impressive growth! I definitely wouldn't worry about it, given that - that's all baby!

@Mrs D: Road trips probably - I'd like to go to Ottawa to see some friends, and we'll probably go visit my parents at the cottage a few times, but those are only 4 hour trips. Usually we go to England at some point in the spring/summer but not this year. Anything beyond that, I'm going to wait and see what it's like with 2.

@Alivoo01: Yeah, it was FREEZING! We've actually been having ups and downs similar to you, just...much colder. Saturday it was -40, today it's -1. I actually like the winter but -40 was a bit much.

For those of you with a kid already, what are your hospital plans? I know I'll need to stay overnight (I'm hoping just one night) and we're debating whether it would be better for B to a) have my husband leave the hospital, go get him after daycare, do dinner/bath/bedtime, and then come back to the hospital or b) just have my parents pick him up and do the whole thing. On the one hand I don't want him to go a full day without seeing either of us, on the other hand would it be easier for him if his whole routine was off and not that he just had daddy and not mommy, especially given his strong mommy preference lately (yesterday my husband went to get him up from a nap and on the monitor I saw him yell "NO DADDY! GET MOMMY!" while pushing my husband away from the crib)?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee