Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: so exciting! My midwives said that prodromal labor usually indicates you'll face an easier/quicker actual labor.

2. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@mrsrain: it sucks for the time being though, hahaha

3. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: here's hoping for a restful weekend for you!

4. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: exciting!!! Fingers crossed it gets you there sooner than later!!!

5. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I ordered shirts for all three boys and they got here today! So excited!

6. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: super cute...maybe now that they are here "he" will arrive!!!

7. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@Loscato: oh no, poor little one! so cute! hope she heals fast.

@Navy_Mommy: Cute shirts! I also ordered brother shirts for our newborn/family photo shoot after baby arrives.

8. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@princessandthebee: the boys coordinate outfits a lot, honestly. Lol. Half of my instagram is them in coordinating outfits hahaha. It'll harder with three boys though...

9. Mrs. Cookie

@Navy_Mommy: Fun! Yea I bet...

10. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I love those! Is that his nursery theme, too?

11. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@mrsrain: yeah, the baby's nursery is where the wild things are.

12. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

13. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: I love it! I wish we could have done a true nursery for this one, they're so fun to put together. My daughter's was (still is) storybook themed-- so cute.

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

So funny story...

All day my underwear were uncomfortable. I was perplexed. Sure they got tight towards the end with Kate but not like this. So I'm looking through pictures trying to see if I really am that much bigger... Anyways - no resolution just figured another joy of second pregnancy and moved on.

Getting ready for bed I take them off...yea they were on backwards and inside out...wtf?!?! Apparently the belly restricts my ability to see a complete fail in trying to dress myself...

15. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Mrs D: hahaha! Love it!

So I may be having contractions? I woke up at 7 with what felt like a painful contraction, but then I had a loose bm (lovely, I know, sorry) and it seemed to help so I figured it was just gas/intestinal pain. Now 3.5 hours later I continue to have pain but it comes and goes and is subtle enough that it's hard to time. I did call my doula who said to rest and hydrate and see what happens, so that's what I am doing.

16. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@mrsrain: I have been having period like cramps for a week or two now but they have def bc more rhythmic...my dr said the se are like the pre labor ones that get you to 1-4cm....she said the real ones are the ones that take you thru the home stretch and she said "you'll remember what they feel like when you have one"....

That said she did caution me not to ignore these pre ones if they change considerably....

17. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Mrs D: You'd think I would remember what contractions feel like, but I swear everything has been different with this pregnancy, I can definitely believe that the contractions might be different, too! I feel like they are starting to become more rhythmic, but I am not going to try timing them until it becomes super obvious. IF it becomes super obvious. Trying to distract myself for now!

18. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@mrsrain: ahhhhh keep us posted! I've been having them too , and they definitely feel different than BH, but am 36 weeks so think maybe it's just need for rest / water

19. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@MrsLilybugg: I'm 36 weeks, too!

20. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@mrsrain: I know this pregnancy has been so diff...I never felt anything w K and my dr promised I would know when they were real...

I can't recreate the feeling but I do know that the minute i had a real one I knew it was real! I'm hoping to hold out at least til thurs/fri...when I'll be 39w and my mom is finally back in town!

21. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

Got in a hot bath and they seem to be petering out. As much as I'd love to meet my baby soon, I'm kind of relieved... I'd prefer that real labor come on in such a way that I know what is happening!

22. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@mrsrain: I'm glad the bath helped !! I know what you mean - I had labor anxiety dreams last night !

23. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: Lol about your underwear!

@mrsrain: good luck with the cramps/contractions!
    I actually felt more at 36 weeks than I do now at 39.

So hubby and I are hoping for March 1st. So our plan for Monday Feb 29th is a membrane sweep at my appt and then sexy time that night and see what happens! Lol. Last time I lost my mucous plug at 39 weeks hours after we did it. Who knows, maybe it could happen again!

24. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Aw, so cute! I'm excited to dress my boys in matching outfits - B has a yellow raincoat with a blue and white striped lined hood and I found a matching sweater that I had to buy for baby #2.

@Mrs D: That's hilarious! I occasionally realize mine are inside out but never backwards!

@mrsrain: @MrsLilybugg: How are you guys feeling now? Contractions stopped?

I'm finally starting to feel better - I'd say I'm probably at 60%, so of course my husband just threw up and went to bed at 6pm. Not sure I'm up to doing all the parenting plus playing nurse at 37 weeks! The combination of flu and third trimester heartburn is the worst thing I've ever been through - can't eat because I feel sick, can't sleep because every time I lay down the heartburn is out of control, I spend my nights wandering around the house trying to find a comfortable way to sleep - a few hours in the recliner, a few on the couch, a few on a giant pillow ramp.

25. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@erinbaderin: oh no! I'm
    Sorry about your husband - playing nurse at this point is just plain torture. You need the nurse !! So I had a cup of raspberry leaf tea and almosit immediately after started having cramping. I still have them, hours later ! I'm kind of freaking out about this but no contractions so at least that's good. I thought I would start the tea regimen now because I'll likely need an induction again (my blood pressure is starting to
    Creep up), and I don't want to go through a four-day process again! I've heard it helps to
    Either soften cervix or make contractions more productive. Anyway maybe I'll wait another week to drink more!

26. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: so glad you are feeling better...I can't imagine getting sick this close to the end! Hopefully your DH kicks it quick or at least manages to tough through it on his own...my DH is such a baby about being sick - I would kill him I think...

@mrsrain: oh I would kill to take a bath...glad it slowed it down!!

@princessandthebee: that's a good plan...the sweep is what did it for me last time. I told her to be as aggressive as she wanted...it hurt but 12 hours later boom! Fyi I did wear a thicker pad after that appointment ...

We'll be doing the sweep Wednesday - fingers crossed!!!

@MrsLilybugg: gosh I drank it once or twice a day last time and never noticed anything! That's great you know it might work...

Anyone else nervous about going into labor and having a leap year baby?! On the one hand it would be cool but I don't think I want a date that only comes every 4 years...

27. Mrs. Cookie

@erinbaderin: we all had the tummy bug around 30 weeks and being sick and preggo is the absolute worst! Wishing you guys a speedy recovery!!

@MrsLilybugg: I'm not a tea drinker but I hear so much about raspberry leaf tea I might have to try it soon!

@Mrs D: totally on my mind as well about a leap year baby. I'm not really excited about it but hmmm, it might be cool too. I don't know! It's so close to March and I've been thinking of a March baby for so long, I'd have to just let go of that!

28. Mrs. Cookie

I did the same thing with DS, he was due end of July and I could not picture him being born in August for some reason. He was born 7/22! I must get really invested in these due dates, lol

My sister's end of Jan due date turned into a Feb 3rd baby!

29. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: My husband is being SUCH a baby, I kind of want to murder him. He was up most of the night watching tv because he said he thought it would take his mind off of being sick, now it's 10am and he's still in bed because he has a headache. Obviously, you got no sleep! He threw up twice and he's acting like he's got the plague.

Are you not allowed to take baths? Ugh, I would hate that. That's my favourite thing lately.

@MrsLilybugg: Hmm, that sounds a little scary! Although I guess it's supposed to tone your uterus, right? So maybe that's what the cramping is doing?

@princessandthebee: I actually feel like I wouldn't mind an April baby (except that I definitely wouldn't want to be 2 weeks late!) but I wouldn't want a February baby - I just have my heart set on spring.

30. Mrs. Cookie

@erinbaderin: Yes! Even though early March is still winter, I think of it as spring! Spring baby please!

Husbands the worst sick people ever. He needs to get out of bed and help you!

31. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Got the 3 mos clothes washed...this kid has so much already...

32. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

So my blood pressure is getting worse. If I'm not laying down on my side it's hanging out around 145/95. When I lay down after a few minutes it drops to about 125/75. Today I've been taking it easy. The midwife wants me to go get blood work first thing tomorrow. If something is wrong I'll have to transfer care to a hospital immediately (obviously).

If nothing shows up in my labs she wants to strip my membranes Tuesday (on my due date, which she normally doesn't do until 42 weeks) because even if nothing shows up on my labs to have prolonged hypertension would mean I'm no longer a candidate for homebirth and we'd have to "discuss a change of venue."

I'm feeling really discouraged. Plus I feel like crap. Oliver and I have colds. Being stuck in bed makes me antsy. I'm tired. I'm sore. I'm ready to be done. This kid can be born now, lol.

33. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Navy_Mommy: aw that super sucks! I hope you feel better soon and that labor starts sooner rather than later so you can still have your home birth!

34. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: feel better...fingers crossed for good results tomorrow...

35. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

Ladies - I was nesting like a psychopath today. EVERYTHING has been pre washed and I packed my hospital bag. There really isn't much more for me to do except go into labor! My due date is still 3.5 weeks away, so I am going to enjoy sitting on my butt and doing nothing until then! The one downside to nestingpalooza is that I seriously aggravated my lower back and pelvis pain and it is very hard for me to move around right now. I took Tylenol to take the edge off (which I rarely ever cave & do) and it isn't touching the pain I'm feeling. I'm hoping a super hot shower and some exercise ball will fix things!

36. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Lilbear: I felt the same way this weekend...I was a nesting machine...thankfully after each small task DH was on top of me saying "now take a break" and reminding me to drink water...it helped a ton I think...although my sciatic is out of control...

37. Mrs. Cookie

@Navy_Mommy: good luck with the blood pressure stuff! I really hope it gets better and/or baby comes soon!

38. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: I feel the same, little guy has so many clothes already from both my son and my sister's son!

@Lilbear: I've been nesting in bursts. Today I cleaned the bathroom and walked the mall with my mom and DS. So ready!

39. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Mrs D: aww! I love son the precious new baby things!!

@Navy_Mommy: oh no! This is what I dealt with towards the end of my last pregnancy. I hope you go into labor asap and/or your bp calms down do you can have your home birth!

@Lilbear: this was totally me all week! Now my house is clean and in ready for baby!

Not much to report over here! No more contractions, and very few BH in the last 24 hours. Baby has been super active. The one not great thing going on is that I'm retaining water in my legs. My prenatal massage is scheduled for Thursday, at which point I'll be 37 week (early term) so I'm hoping maybe that'll help put me into labor if my body is ready.

40. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: That's what our clothes pile looks like too! And yet every so often I think "this baby needs something that didn't come from his big brother!" and buy more.

@Navy_Mommy: Oh no! Fingers crossed that your bloodwork is ok, your membrane stripping works, and you're able to have your home birth soon soon soon!

@Lilbear: The trade off between "I want to do stuff!" and "doing stuff hurts!" is such a tough one to navigate! I did the same thing - finally felt better so we all went to the park but then all the standing/walking made my back hurt so much.

@mrsrain: Jealous of your massage! I had one scheduled for Saturday that I had to cancel because I wasn't feeling up to it. I need to reschedule asap!

Yesterday afternoon things seemed to be looking up for the family - we were all feeling ok! Then at bedtime B felt warm so we took his temp - 101. Gave him some Advil, put him to bed, he woke up at 5am with a fever of 104. Luckily my parents came home from Hawaii last night so they came over to babysit but this morning I said "baby, do you want anything?" and he burst into tears, threw his arms around me, and sobbed "My mommy!" and it broke my heart. I cried in the car going to work for the first time since I went back after mat leave. Also I forgot my sunglasses, hat, mittens, and laptop at home, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting a cold, so Monday is not off to a good start for me.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee