Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@erinbaderin: awwww, rough night/morning! I'm sorry your little one isn't feeling well. The hardest part of motherhood is not being able to make everything all better.

We had a rough night, too. DD went to bed with a borderline fever and had a fussy night. DH was restless all night. I had major intestinal and gas pains that had me up til 3 and then restless for the remainder of the night. Ugh! I hope the next time I have a night that uncomfortable it's because of labor!

2. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Gosh...what is with these little ones...

K was a bit of a mess all day yesterday (skipped her nap which was SUPER not cool) so last night putting her to bed DH and I pulled out all the stops. Humidifier, Diffuser, Vicks...the whole shebang! Thankfully she slept ok...I on the other hand was up every hour doing my usual old lady shuffle to the bathroom...

I'm working from home today...so on my list is getting the kitchen tidied up finally (it looks like a tornado hit), finishing bag packing - finally at 38.5w putting in the items I still wear but will just have to live without, and set setting up her changing station in the master bedroom. We have a chaise I plan to use for MOTN changes. This will keep me from having to take her to the nursery and risk waking up K or DH (in the guest bedroom).

BTW...clearly feeling guilty for K...spent an uneccesary amount at the Disney outlet this weekend getting her "little surprises" and just spent a small fortune at mini boden...I have problems....

3. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Loscato: Poor girl!! That's awesome they're not waterproof and have such fun color combos!

@Lilbear: Fingers crossed you progress some more in the next few weeks!

@Navy_Mommy: Those shirts are flipping cute!!!

@Mrs D: LMAO!!! That's all sorts of awesome!

@mrsrain: I've been having random contractions, but nothing consistent. The OB asks me at every appt though just to check. It's exciting to hear everyone having some sort of "movement" towards labor!!

@princessandthebee: Good luck!! I do notice I tend to get a few contractions/get crampy following sexy time!

@erinbaderin: Boo on the household (now your hubby) being sick! Ain't nobody got time for that - ever!! I feel ya on not being able to sleep though. DD hates when I sleep on my sides, but sleeping on my back cuts off my air supply after awhile, so I've been sleeping propped up/slouching against the headboard, then sliding down when DD calms down and goes to sleep. Sometimes, she'll wake up in the MOTN to remind me she doesn't like me on my side, but I'm so exhausted that I can sleep through her movements.

@Navy_Mommy: Oh no on the high blood pressure!!! Hoping it's nothing and you still get your home birth!! You're so close!!! Hate for you not to get it. Cooperate baby (and body!), cooperate!!

@erinbaderin: Awww! On your LO wanting you for comfort and a rough Monday morning. No bueno! Hope it turns around for you quickly!!

4. Alivoo01

As for me, pregnancy insomnia is back. I struggle to fall asleep, and if I wake up in the MOTN to pee or tend to DS, I end up staying awake for 1.5-2 hours before being able to go back to sleep. Fun times! Some of the struggle to fall asleep at the beginning is due to positioning and DD having preferences and clearly letting me know! So that's one good thing about when she arrives, I can sleep however which I want (hopefully).

I have my last MFM appointment today and my last OB appt this Friday, then it's baby time next Monday!! Eep!!!

We'll be shifting DS's car seat today and installing DD's. Ordering last minute things I still need, pulling things from storage like my boppy pillow, pump, etc. and doing a Sam's run this weekend to stock up on a few items along with sterilizing bottles and pumping parts.

5. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

My little one actually slept well, I on the other hand, had one of my worst pregnancy nights ever! Up for for hours at a time, hungry then nauseous, minimal contractions but I kept waiting for something to start!

No change at appt and induction is potentially scheduled for March 5. My OB is on call this weekend which is great and with the possibility of big baby and the whole shoulder dystocia thing I want the best chance at a vaginal birth. Feeling conflicted and would love baby to come before Saturday (39 and 6)!

6. Mrs. Cookie

@Alivoo01: Sorry you are struggling to sleep too! Yay for meeting baby next Monday!!

@Mrs D: I'm thinking my membrane sweep wasn't very aggressive, no spotting, like two cramps, and it wasn't that painful. Would you have have had spotting by now if it happened at 9 AM?

7. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@princessandthebee: I had some spotting right away...how many cm are you? I think that dictates how aggressive they can be.

I will say...I had mine done at like 1-2pm...I felt very normal that night. So much so that I went to bed with dirty hair planning to wake up and shower before my induction the next am...then boom at 1am I was in labor...

8. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: ah that must be it, I'm only 2cm still. I was bummed about that but I started laboring with DS st 0 cm so I should be happy my body has started.

Have you made any more plans about a possible induction? Is your mom back?

9. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@princessandthebee: I wouldn't give up hope. Like I said I felt normal until the contractions started!!! There is still hope!

Dr and I will discuss earliest induction option on weds...we'll see if I have progressed further to 4cm...

She said their approach may be different if I have seen more progress in the last week or if I stay at 3. I'm guessing if I am 4cm they may consider breaking my water before starting pitocin?!? But who knows...

I'm still a little trigger shy about induction, but I do think well have one scheduled for early next week in case it doesn't happen naturally (or post sweep) this weekend!

My mom gets back tomorrow...just in time for my appointment weds!

10. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: that's perfect timing about your mom!

Hmm so my OB said the criteria for elective induction is being 39 weeks and the cervix softening/dialating a little but no specific number to reach. She would also start with breaking the waters. And then pitocin shortly after if that doesn't kick start things.

I'm having trouble too. What if baby wants to be born on 40 and 3 and Saturday goes really slowly/not well? But what if he gets too big and I wait too long? Labor was really long for me last time, nervous about a repeat of that if I induce.

Gah, sorry, I feel so whiny! It will all work out!

11. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: I'm also making the mistake of reading all these terrible induction storie on HB. Some go so well and some just don't!

12. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

So, my labs came back normal so I'm not pre-eclamptic. But if I'm not laying down my BP sits around 145/95. As soon as I lay down it drops to 120/75. If it starts getting up to 150/100 that's considered gestational hypertension and I'd have to transfer care to a hospital provider, so DH is taking time off work so I can take it easy.

Basically this kid needs to fucking be born. I hate feeling "pressured" to go into labor by my own body malfunctioning.

13. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@princessandthebee: Not sure if I have shared this good one or not...but my sister just had her son in October through scheduled induction at 39w. She was 4cm and 75% effaced. Admitted at 4am (start start the antibiotics for GBS+)...pitocin and epi started at 7am...totally smooth sailing...Baby W was born by noon in just a handful of pushes...

Its always good to hear the positives...they dont seem to get shared as much!

@Navy_Mommy: Well good that you are not pre-e...I'll keep my fingers crossed your body decides to 'man up' soon here. Guessing you are doing all the old wives tricks and what not to make things happen? I have had a few people recently comment to me about castor oil...I didnt know it was a real thing...but they both swore by it.

I think I remember that your MW doesnt do checks...does it make you want to get checked now though just to know what is or is not going on down there?

14. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: she's gonna sweep my membranes tomorrow to try and encourage labor, which she normally doesn't do till 42 weeks, so I'll know if I'm dilated at all. But that still doesn't mean much to me until I'm actually in labor. I was 3cm with Oliver at 38 weeks and still had to be induced at 41+3, lol. I know MY body can be quite dilated with no signs of labor coming naturally.

15. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Ya...I know it doesnt mean much (certainly not by way of "when" it will happen) but I do think it helps indicate somewhat if your body is ready/willing to play ball...I walked around 3cm with K for at least 2 maybe 3 weeks...finally when I went in at 40w2d I had progressed to 4cm...labor came the next day after my sweep.

Fingers crossed we have some successful sweeps this week!!! That sounds like a weird newscast thing...how they refer to "sweeps"...

16. Mrs. Cookie

@Navy_Mommy: glad you aren't pre-e! And that hubby is home to help! Hope your little guy arrives very very soon!

@Mrs D: Thanks for the good story and words of encouragement!

17. sailgrl18

cherry / 127 posts

@Navy_Mommy: That's frustrating about your high blood pressure. Of course taking care of two kids can't be helping. Glad to hear your husband can help you rest.

AFM, I overdid it yesterday with the nice weather. So last night and this morning I was really uncomfortable and having lots of braxton hicks. But after getting to work, sitting in a comfortable chair and drinking lots of fluids the BHs have mostly gone away. DH is traveling until Wednesday (last trip before baby) so I just want to make it through until he returns.

18. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Mrs D: I used castor oil to induce my labor with DD. I was 9 days late and didn't want a hospital induction. It totally worked. It also worked for my sister and 2 of my friends, without any of the crazy poopy side effects. I'm not gonna lie - I have been thinking about doing it again with this pregnancy if I haven't gone into labor by my due date!

19. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Lilbear: you just drink it? How much?

20. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Mrs D: I mixed 2-3 tablespoons of it into some Greek yogurt (to cover the gross texture & flavor) and ate it.

I'm pretty sure the directions on the bottle said you could have 1-4 tablespoons as your dosage, so I aimed for the middle with 2-3 tablespoons worth.

21. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@Navy_Mommy: when I was in your situation I booked a prenatal massage and had her hit all the pressure points that can trigger labor. Then I went home and had sex with DH. Went into labor that night at 38 weeks. Neither thing will work unless your body is ready to go, but it saved me from an induction! I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but glad it's not pre-e. Hope something works for you soon and you can avoid the hospital!

22. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I tried castor oil at 41 weeks with Oliver with no luck. I blended it with two ice cubes and a cup of orange juice and just gulped it down.

23. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

So exciting lots of you are making progress already! Can't wait to hear of some more March babies!
    @Navy_Mommy: That sucks, I really feel for you. High BP is like my nemesis in late pregnancy - so far it has twice prevented me from having a midwife led birth without wires and monitors etc. So frustrating when you feel fine and baby is fine! I hope you have a better outcome and get the birth you want 😊

Last night I was feeling soo tired so DH told me to go up for a nap... by the time I woke up he had bathed and put the toddler to bed and was in the middle of running me a bath, all while taking care of the baby too! I was seriously impressed - I haven't even thought about how I will do solo bedtime yet!

24. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

It's officially March! It's our month, ladies! How exciting!

Also, I will just put it out there that I have heard bad/dangerous things about castor oil, both about it's effects on mom and baby, and my midwife said she would never recommend it. I know that it works for some people but....anyway. You guys are all smart adults.

@Mrs D: Oh, good reminder about a changing station for the main floor. Last time I just had a basket with a change mat, some diapers and wipes that I stored downstairs, I should put that back together.

@Alivoo01: How did your last appointment go? Sorry about the insomnia, it's the worst! I find too that the closer I get to baby, the more, when I wake up in the night, my brain thinks "You'd better get used to this, soon you'll be up every few hours for months!" which just stresses me out and makes it harder to get back to sleep.

@princessandthebee: How are you feeling? Did you get any sleep? March 5 seems so close now that it's March 1!

@Navy_Mommy: Glad your labs came back normal, but weird that your blood pressure is just not behaving! It's great that your husband is able to take some time to stay home and help you - will that affect any time he's able to take after the baby is born?

@sailgrl18: Wow, it must be stressful to be having contractions and your husband traveling! All last week when I was sick I was stressed that I was going to get dehydrated and they'd make me get an immediate c section and my husband would have to stay home with B. Glad he'll be home tomorrow!

@Bubbles: That is a GOOD husband! I'm very impressed! I was really grateful to my husband for holding down the fort last week when I was sick but then once I got on my feet I realized he'd done sort of the bare minimum to survive - the garbage and compost cans were full, the laundry baskets were full, the dishwasher was full, he hadn't put out the recycling on collection day - so I had a lot of chores to catch up on, which was sort of annoying.

As for me, B is home again, but he seems better this morning, although my poor husband has been up since 2:30 with him so I suspect he's going to have a bit of a rough day. Luckily my parents could stick around to babysit. I also keep realizing that it's my last week of work, which is totally nuts, and I have a LOT to do to get wrapped up and yet I can't motivate myself to do any of it!

25. Mrs. Cookie

@erinbaderin: YAY, soooo happy it's March! Goodbye flu season (let's hope) and hello spring (soon anyway)!!

Good luck wrapping up everything at work and sorry your hubby let all the chores go, I would be super annoyed by that!

I got sleep last night AND March 1st is a day both hubby and I are rooting for... hmmm. We're thinking induction perhaps on the 6th because it's exactly 40 weeks. I'm so back and forth about it, so we're not gonna decide til the end of the week. So much can happen in a week of late pregnancy!!

Good luck to everybody, hoping we have some more babies soon!!

26. Mrs. Cookie

@Bubbles: yay for a nap and hubby watching both kiddos! I am also curious to see how routines go with two little ones.

27. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@erinbaderin: no. He put in for 7 days leave (active duty technically works 365 days a year, so you have to use vacation days for the weekend, too). He had 9 "use it or lose it" days on the books that would have disappeared in September anyway. And the 10 days daddy leave don't take away from their normal leave anyway.

So, if baby is born tomorrow he could go in, cancel the rest of his personal leave and switch to his 10 days daddy leave OR he could finish the 7 days leave that have already been approved THEN go in and start his 10 days Daddy leave.

That's a really long way of saying no, taking time off now doesn't affect his baby leave, lol.

28. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Bubbles: how amazing!!! I am dreading the two alone phase...

@erinbaderin: I basically have little changing stations set up everywhere! I'm OCD about it! K had a cough on Sunday - DH is now convinced he "got it" and has a cough. Pretty sure K just has allergies...so not sure what my child of a DH thinks he "caught". Men! I cant believe its March too...its our month!!!

@princessandthebee: I made a change to my plans this week...I have my appointment tomorrow but not planning to have the do a sweep with the hopes I can get through work on Thursday. I'm going to ask if I can come back on Friday for a sweep - and then schedule my induction for which ever day next week one of my two Drs will be working. Truthfully - if I am more progressed tomorrow (4cm or so) I think it may be a sign to just let it happen naturally...

@Navy_Mommy: thats great it doesnt affect his daddy time.

Who elses DH's are taking time for the baby? DH will likely take a few days but thats it...he'll try to make an effort to work from home more but still will have work to do...

29. Mrs. Cookie

@Mrs D: Sounds like a good plan!!

Last time DH's plan was to take 5 days. Well, we spent Mon-Thur at the hospital because of my long labor so he really only had Friday at home but added the following Monday so he could go to DS' jaundice appt follow-up. It was awful to see him head back to work so soon.

This time his company has one week paid paternity leave, yay! And then he'll take another 5 days of PTO after that which I'm really happy about.

My mom is a teacher and has the last week of March off so she'll be around to help then as well.

30. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

37 weeks now and have an appointment tomorrow. Going to try to feel DR out about starting leave a week before due date or something...feeling like I'll get shot down though. Feeling so worn down from sickness and etc. Just keep getting one thing after another...and then my husband found out he's going on a 365 deployment a few months after baby is born.

31. Mrs. Cookie

@ksnow: Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear your hubby will be gone for so long. hugs to you

32. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@princessandthebee: Hooray for getting sleep! It's amazing how much better you can feel after even just one good night of sleep. I always find it also makes it easier to sleep the next night, because you don't go to bed thinking "Ugh, I don't know why I'm even bothering..."

@Navy_Mommy: That's even better! Yay for some extra family time!

@Mrs D: My husband totally does that too! I'll get a cold and be miserable for days and my husband will be going "Yeah, my throat feels a bit dry, I think I'm getting it too!"

We're really lucky because my husband gets almost 6 weeks of paid vacation at his job, so he's going to take 3 weeks, same as last time.

@ksnow: Oh no, that sucks! I'm sorry your husband will be going away.

33. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@ksnow: is this baby your second? I can't keep track, lol.

34. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Yes, it's our second, my DD is 3. Since we will get a different follow on base, and I don't love our current one, I think we may move (either to our follow on or nearer to family...not sure where our follow on is yet, hoping we will find out in a few months?)

35. MoreCoffee

apricot / 320 posts

I'm so behind with keeping up on this thread, I almost feel bad popping back in! The past couple of months have been filled with work, a crazy blizzard, and back-to-back family illnesses (we all had strep at one point!). I finally had time to check back in and it's exciting to see that everyone is so close.

@Mrs D: My DH is most likely accepting a new job and will be burning out his PTO and using one week paternity leave after the baby is born, so he'll have a few weeks off which is amazing. With our first, he went back after less than a week. My parents were visiting and that really helped, but I missed his company during the day.

I'm 36 weeks as of yesterday and have weekly AFIs and Non-stress Tests from here until I deliver. Yesterday's AFI showed my fluid level is on the high side of normal (20), and the midwife said it's why I'm feeling (and looking) SO HUGE. The demands of full-time work plus a 3 year old are wearing on me. But overall just the normal pregnancy insomnia and fatigue I guess? We still have so much to do to prepare - It's reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one who hasn't packed a hospital bag yet.

Good luck to those of you who are getting so close! I can't wait to read the baby announcements very soon!

36. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@erinbaderin: I'm curious about what you heard about castor oil. My OB and the midwife for the practice I go to both recommended it! It's so crazy how different doctors can advise completely opposite things!

37. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Lilbear: I've heard that it's odds of success are overrated (basically that you would have gone into labour anyway when it does work), that it causes gastrointestinal problems that use up energy that you really could use during labour, and that it can cause the baby to poop and inhale meconium. It does seem to be one of those things that goes either way depending on who you talk to!

38. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Just had my appointment. Things look good. Did a stretch and sweep, apparently I'm sitting at 3cm but easily stretch to 5. She brought me labor tincture and castor oil. So I'll be doing castor oil tomorrow.

It's time to come out little man.

39. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: great update! fingers crossed for you and the oil...

40. Alivoo01

@princessandthebee: i was induced with my first, and my L&D went super smooth and easy. Hoping my 2nd induction will be too, but she's proven she's a bit stubborn so I'm a lil nervous. lol

@Navy_Mommy: Hooray for no pre-e! Phew. Hope your body and lil boy gets the message soon though!

@Bubbles: That's so freaking sweet and awesome of your hubby!! Major props!! I told DH he needs to take over bath duties and what not until I give birth because being hunched over is super comfy and I get crazy contractions for awhile after. He said okay, but I still have to tell him every.single.night it's time to bathe DS. Otherwise, it doesn't happen. Sigh.

@erinbaderin: My MFM appt went well and it was bittersweet saying goodbye to them and they were congratulating me for "graduating". lol

@Mrs D: DH was approved for 3 weeks off (non-pay), but all of the sudden, HR told him it's not approved yesterday. WTH!? Baby is coming in 6 days people, so his supervisor is currently dealing with it so we'll see. He's tempted to quit if they don't approve his time off because he really wants to spend time with DD. It's already not paid so iono what the problem is???

@princessandthebee: Yay for paternity leave and an extra week off!!

@ksnow: Boo on your hubby being away for a year. I feel a lil better at least it's a a few months after your baby is born. Hope your dr approves you taking leave a week early, sounds like you could really use it!!

@Navy_Mommy: Eep!! Good luck!! fingers crossed for you!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee