Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. araneidae

pea / 13 posts

Hi ladies, I haven't posted in a while but I've just caught up with everyone. Sorry to hear about the losses I hope you all get pregnant again with sticky babies the second you feel ready.

I'm 9w1d today according to my O date, and only 8w5d according to my lmp. Weirdly, I had my first ultrasound about a week ago and the tech measured the baby at 6 days further along than my O date estimate meaning I'd be 10w today! There's no way that is possible so I'm just going with my own estimates for my own purposes but I'm worried this is going to affect my ability to vbac, if the doctors think I'm almost a full week further along than I really am! Frustrating. Maybe it will be adjusted back at 12 weeks?

My nausea has really faded over the last week or so which is great. I've put on some weight already, maybe 10 pounds, buuut I don't care. I'm sure that's partly bc I've been so immobile, I think I mentioned a while back but I ruptured my Achilles tendon 3 months ago, I was non weight bearing for most of that time. The other day I went to gymnastics for the first time since I was injured and I realized I'll DEF be doing whatever feels right in the gym until I can't. So if anyone else is carrying on with non-pregnancy-safe sports you're in good company with me I'm lax about everything except drinking this time ... I'll just eat my brie and smoked salmon and coffee and Subway sandwich on the trampoline thankyouverymuch.

2. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

We announced pretty much right away. I know that's not for everyone, but it works for us.

We did two pictures. The babywearing one was just something cute I wanted to do and we did a "movie poster" for our second pregnancy that we have a large canvas of in our living room so I wanted to do a "sequel" to hang next to it, lol.

3. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Those are so cute! You guys are very creative!

4. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

I can't stop worrying about the one baby's low heartbeat and asked my nurse practitioner if I can get a "peace of mind" u/s this week since my next one isn't till sept 2...im trying to not stress but knowing twin risks and having a loss before has made me paranoid I'm 10w2d today... Hoping she will allow an extra one..am i crazy?? Lol...gonna be a long journey to March 😜

5. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@ksnow: Hooray for getting to see the baby!

@araneidae: oh wow! What a difference in time frame! How big was your 1st at birth? And you do gymnastics???? That's freaking badass dude!! I did it as a lil kid and loved it. It's still one of my favorite sports to watch even though I haven't participated since like middle school! Ha!

@Navy_Mommy: Cute announcement pictures!

@sassymama34: Totally not crazy! It's a legit concern. What did your doctor say? Due to my recent loss and some complications with DS in my 3rd trimester, my OB is being really understanding. She's seeing me and having u/s done every 2 weeks until 12 weeks. Then I'll have a monthly u/s after 28 weeks to monitor growth since that's when issues started with DS, but wasn't identified until 35 weeks.

6. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Well I've only had 2 appts so far (6w3d and 8w5d) and with np not dr. All she said was it was a little low but she wasn't worried and that I'd have an u/s every visit since twins...but going 4 weeks to next u/s is stressful bc i keep worrying about the low hb..esp knowing about vanishing twin 😞 hoping i can get in this week so can have peace of mind either way..sigh pg is tough lol

7. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Well np said no need for an u/s to reassure me since things looked fine on the 6th... But i just feel uneasy 😞 guess stress till the 2nd.. Bummed.

8. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@sassymama34 I'm sorry they said no! I left a message with my midwife this morning to say that if I didn't get the NT scan done could I instead get a dating ultrasound at 12 weeks, because the one I got at 8 weeks (for bleeding) had the baby measuring 5 days behind and I was worried about it. I hope I get a different answer!

9. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Navy_Mommy: wow so creative!

First ultrasound tomorrow morning at 12+1! Nervous and excited!

10. Alivoo01

@sassymama34: Boo! Sorry the NP declined the extra u/s. Try to keep yourself busy to refrain from thinking about it too much (if that's possible - ha!).

@erinbaderin: Good luck!

@Bubbles: Very exciting! Eep!

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Super cute pictures!!!

@sassymama34: Sorry you are so stressed - but the worrying is normal. As hard as it can be sometimes you have to trust your Drs. Fingers and toes crossed for you that time goes quickly.

@erinbaderin: not sure if I said this yet but FWIW DD measured 7 days behind at my 6.5w u/s - they moved my due date and I was livid. I knew the day I conceived (trust me I did) and it did not jive with the correct due date. The whole pregnancy I planned for my original due date since I just knew it was wrong. K arrived 1 days after the Dr's office due date...perfectly fine. So - try not to worry about the 5 days...I'm sure its fine.

AFM...I had mr Dr appt this am and it was kind of pointless. More blood work. Said I was right on the border for doppler so no go...ugh! I asked about the genetic blood work and they offered me panorama - its not covered by insurance but is only $100. I would skip the first tri screening tho - meaning no u/s. So not sure which way we will go...

I am currently polishing off a bag of Brookside Chocolate Covered Acai...I have issues!

12. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@Mrs D: Thank you - that does make me feel better! I know that they're so teeny that the tiniest amount of being off on the clicking makes a huge difference, but I can't get it out of the back of my head that there's something to worry about. Luckily my midwives said yes, hooray! Hopefully that will set my mind at ease, now I have to get through the two weeks until I'm at 12...Interesting that they didn't try the doppler on you. My midwife did try it on me at my appointment last week and despite the fact that she said "It probably won't work, it's really early..." the fact that she couldn't find anything has ALSO been stressing me out (notice a theme?). I would totally do the Panorama for $100! Here it's $800 and I'm still sort of considering it.

13. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: So...she basically said she could try it and it was 50/50 it would work. And if it didnt work she would have to order an u/s which may take a week to get scheduled. She just basically said I dont want you to stress for a week - so I'd rather you just be annoyed with me today! I cann appreciate that!

Really torn about the panorama. I could have my first trimester screening next week. And know by the end of Aug that we are a-okay. Or...I would have the blood drawn for the panorama Sept 14th and not know until a week later the results. I am truthfully thinking of just doing the first trimester screening and then doing an elective u/s at 15 weeks to know the gender!

14. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Nice! I love creative announcements!

@sassymama34: I'm sorry they won't give you another ultrasound, the waiting must be so difficult, but sounds like they don't think there is too much to worry about or they would be checking the heartbeat more frequently!

@Mrs D: How far along were you at your appt? That happened with my first at 9 weeks, our family practice doc was pretty pessimistic and told us we probably wouldn't hear a heartbeat but we asked him to try anyway and we did hear it luckily! He quickly said, "well you're probably farther along than you think." (I wasn't, my charting was correct.) And we moved a few weeks later so I didn't have him as my dr much longer!

Oh and I love brookside chocolates! yum!

15. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@princessandthebee: I'm 10w3d today...

16. araneidae

pea / 13 posts

@Alivoo01: I'm obsessssed with gymnastics it's ridic. I coach part time on the side too, love love love it. So psyched to not be so injured anymore (buuut it's probably good that I'm kinda injured, I know I'd have trouble holding back and not doing risky stuff). Baby #1 was only 7lbs 6oz at birth. I just straight up don't believe my ultrasound. I KNOW when I ovulated and when my period was. If the dd the ultrasound suggests is right that would have me conceiving on cycle day 7 then not getting even a squinter of a positive test until 18dpo. Ummm nope.

@erinbaderin: you must be in Canada too. I'm sort of considering panorama for $800 too. Was it here I read that it's not as accurate with younger women? I've already done 23&me genetic testing so I'm a little less inclined to spend the $$ on panorama, less value for us considering what we've already done. DH really wants to do it but I'm more leaning towards, our risks are low, let's just get the NT test for free!

@Navy_Mommy: love those pics!

17. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Good luck on mommies with appts today anyone showing yet? I feel I am but I figure being twins and my 3rd pregnancy it may happen lol

18. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@sassymama34: If I wore something skin tight it would be obvious. I am not super skinny to start with as I usually am carrying an extra 10-20lbs unfortunately - so I have that working for me.

I am kinda switching to maternity pants now for comfort. The others were just hitting me in the dead wrong spot!

I made my last maternity clothes purchase yesterday to complete my capsule (more or less):

-Isabella & Oliver: 2 dresses
    -Target: 2 tanks, 3 t's and 2 ls tees
    -LOFT: 2 work pants, 1 jean, 1 sweater and 2 layering camis
    -GAP/ON: 3 sweaters, 1 cardigan, 1 open cardi, 1 blouse

I have some pieces from before/non maternity that I plan to mix it (jeans & couple of open front wraps/cardigans). I know I will likely need to add in a couple shells for work. I gave myself $750 and so far I am more than $100 under my budget - so I feel good. FWIW - I work in a male dominant industry/profession so I prob spend more than I need to on work clothes but I do think in my case its important to keep up appearances while pg!

19. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@sassymama34: I saw the January 2016 moms had a bump thread - maybe we should start one of those!

I don't think I'm showing yet. I feel like it took me a long time with my last pregnancy to get the cute bump rather than just being thicker, so i'm hoping for an earlier bump this time!

20. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@sassymama34: I'll be 12 weeks on Thursday and I definitely feel like I'm showing! This is my 3rd pregnancy so that makes a difference. I'm in maternity bottoms for sure and wearing a mix of fitted or loose tops depending. We have pretty much gone public so sometimes it's nice to "rock the bump".

21. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

I would love a bump thread! I like when i wear maternity shirts instead of reg ones since they emphasize the bump I've been in maternity pants for couple weeks now and i need to upsize bra again as my newest one (from a month ago!) is leaving red marks all around im heavier to begin with but i def feel the bump is there... Who would like a bump thread? Im all for one

22. Alivoo01

@araneidae: I like you a lil more just because you do gymnastics. lol!!!

@sassymama34: I feel like I am. I compared my current bump to weekly bump pics from DS and I look like I am 15/16 weeks along vs 9. After a meal, I look MUCH further along, like 20+. I've officially busted out my maternity jeans. So much more comfortable! I'm hoping to hold off announcing to work till 12+, so I'm trying to rock looser fitting tops or cardigans to hide the bump. Outside of work, I let it show.

@sassymama34: I'm down for a bump thread! We did one for my last due date group also and it was fun to watch everyone's bump change and grow.

23. araneidae

pea / 13 posts

@Alivoo01: omg after a meal I look 20 weeks too it's ridic!! Then some mornings I don't look pregnant at all. Re: gymnasts haha thanks I'll take it

24. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@sassymama34: I am definitely showing although only my second pregnancy! Glad I am not going to be hiding it much longer.

Just got back from my US and all is looking great! Baby was actually measuring a bit ahead which is odd as I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate til cd18. So my due date has now been moved to 28th Feb! I shall stay here in the March board though if that's alright with you ladies!

Here's a picture of the little one, the face looks pretty much identical to the side profile of DS at 12 weeks! Is that a nub to the left of the legs? Anyone good at guessing them?!

25. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Awww congrats bubbles!! Great pic im sure my due date will change to as twins usually arrive earlier lol

26. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Bubbles: nub was my first thought too!!! Maybe? I'll have pics for you all to disect next week after my first trimester screening!

27. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@araneidae I am indeed in Canada too. I go back and forth. Part of me thinks it would be nice to know for sure that there's nothing wrong, part of me thinks it makes more sense to spend the money on things we actually need. I didn't do any of the testing last time and it turned out fine.

@sassymama34 I definitely feel like I'm showing - I can't do up my pants anymore! Most of my tops are pretty fitted so I'm having a real problem trying to figure out what to wear. I was hoping to keep it a secret at work for another 3 weeks until my director comes back from vacation but I don't know. Today I've got a headband around my waist holding my pants closed. Actually I just pulled up some photos of my last pregnancy and I feel like my belly now is almost exactly the size it was this time two years ago, except then I was 17 weeks!

@MrsD I'm having the same problem with needing professional work clothes. For my last pregnancy it was well into fall when I had to switch to maternity pants, plus I was at a more casual workplace, so I've only got jeans and cords which won't fly here - I have to do something before too long! I have lots of sweaters/tops so I'm fine there as soon as I'm comfortable with people noticing that I'm pregnant, but I need to find some pants/dresses.

@bubbles Congrats! It's always such a good feeling to have confirmation that everything is going well!

28. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Ok I created a bump thread for us! And bravely posted my pics from last night at 10w2d 😁

29. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Bubbles: I just did a quick google search and I'm thinking its a nub for sure...maybe a second DS!

http://www.netmums.com/pregnancy/early-pregnancy/the-nub-theory

30. Alivoo01

@Bubbles: Do stay and yay for an u/s! I would say it's a nub, but don't hold that to me!

@sassymama34: I'll find that thread and post my bump!

31. Alivoo01

All the talk about potentially identifying our babies as boy/girl is getting me excited!! I don't have my NT scan until another 3 weeks, but even then, it's 50/50 if they'll tell me or not. I'm hoping yes! We'd like a girl next, but mommy instincts are telling me I'm having another boy.

What are y'all feeling/wanting?

32. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

I'm really hoping for a boy girl combo! I've always wanted a girl, and I'm hoping and feeling it'll be one of each 💚 can't wait to know!!!

33. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Mrs D: my first thought was boy too but hard to tell as I think they're supposed to be laying flat and not curled up! Guess I will have to be patient for another 8 weeks!

I would quite like to have a girl next, but we are pretty sure this won't be our last so I am pretty chill about it!

34. Alivoo01

@sassymama34: When I told my family about our pregnancy this past weekend, my dad goes "that'd be cool if you got one of each!" I was like oh no! We've already checked. There's only 1 baby in there. lol

@Bubbles: DH and I agreed we'd try for a 3rd if #2 is a boy. But #3 would be our last, regardless of gender.

35. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

I guess if I got to pick I'd pick a girl, just to have one of each - it would be nice to have a daughter. But it would also be nice for my son, B, to have a brother, plus our neighbour is having a boy 3 months before me (they have an older son 9 days older than B). Our best friends have 2 girls and I worry that if we had a third girl then B would feel left out when we all get together? I don't know, I'm overthinking it.

36. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Bubbles: totally a boy...IMO...and he's sucking his thumb...cute cute!

@erinbaderin: DH would love a son...though he did tell me before we knew I was pregnant that he was truthfully happy either way because he knows DD would love to have a sister. DD (Kate) has proclaimed the baby in mommy's belly is a girl...make she has a sixth sense or something?

37. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Don't forget to check out the bump thread ladies 😊🌟

38. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

@MrsD It's funny, when I got pregnant the first time my husband said he wanted a daughter because "I've heard that little girls love their daddies more", which made me laugh.

I'm going to call to set up my dating scan, does anybody know when it should be for? Do I wait until I'm 12 weeks?

39. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

I had a dating scan at 6.5 weeks... Having my nt scan at 12.5 weeks.. Still a long two weeks away lol

40. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@erinbaderin: I'm having my dating scan today at 9 weeks

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee