Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

I'm going to update the EDD/Appt list for us March mommas since it's been awhile. I kind of like seeing a cumulative list even though we update each other all the time on the day to day stuff.

My apologies if the name/dates are wrong or if I left someone off accidentally. Let me know and I'll update.

Roll Call:
    3/1 Crystal
    3/1 Navy_Mommy
    3/2 creativemomma15
    3/3 Bubbles
    3/6 Matcha Latte
    3/6 princessandthebee
    3/9 Punky
    3/9 Mrs D
    3/9 leighleigh
    3/9 mrsog
    3/11 sassymama34
    3/12 CRGmama
    3/13 ModernDayJibarita
    3/15 reverie
    3/15 Chloesmommie
    3/15 bjm529
    3/15 erinbaderin
    3/16 MrsLilybugg
    3/18 winter_wonder
    3/19 araneidae
    3/20 PitBulLover
    3/21 alivoo01
    3/22 mrsdoily
    3/22 ksnow
    3/24 mrsrain
    3/24 Lilbear
    3/24 Lilypad
    3/26 sailgrl18
    3/26 Loscato
    3/30 Travelinmoon

Upcoming Appointments:
    8/13 sailgrl18 (1st appt)
    8/14 Lilbear (1st appt)
    8/14 ksnow (1st appt)
    8/17 Mrs D (dr appt)
    8/18 Bubbles (dating scan)
    8/27 MrsLilybugg (midwife appt)
    8/27 Mrs D (NT scan)
    8/27 Navy_Mommy (NT scan)
    8/28 alivoo01 (dr appt)

9/2 sassymama34 (dr appt)
    9/4 creativemomma15 (dr appt)
    9/8 alivoo01 (NT scan)
    9/9 princessandthebee (dr appt)
    9/16 MrsLilybugg (OB appt)

2. Alivoo01

holy cow that's a long list! But yay!!!!!!!

3. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: this is going to sound bad, but we're still co-sleeping with the occasional sleeping on his own. He was never a good sleeper since birth and couldn't be sleep trained (he'd cry till he threw up (a lot), we'd clean him up only to have him toss his cookies again. Rinse and repeat). Therefore, the nursery is ready to go bc DS hardly spent any time in it. I'll prob make some updates to it once I know what I'm having, but crib, rocker, stuff like that is there already.

As for DS's bday, we kept it simple and didn't do anything big. Just family, but DH has a large family, we still had quite a bit of family come (30)! I don't think we'll do another big party like his 1st bday until he's 5 probably.

4. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

Wow! What a long list! We just had an ultrasound & bloodwork on Monday. We saw the heartbeat strong at 170 and the tech said everything looked good and I haven't heard anything from my midwife so I am taking that as good news. If my dates change we will talk about that at my next appointment, which is 9/4. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again!

5. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: It doesnt sound bad...if there is one thing I have learned from being a parent its that you have to do what works for you and not look back! I'm planning to move K into her big girl room in October...which should give me two months to get the nursery ready by the end of the year! Fingers crossed.

I told DH we are doing family only for her birthday this year - I think we will do bigger ones maybe every other year....which would work well with #2 (K big one for 3 in 2016, LO#2 big one for 1 in 2017 and so on...) - so we dont have a big one every year for every kid!

6. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

My next appt is 9/2 and seems like years away lol... Hoping they are both growing strong and healthy! Im still nauseous 24/7 even with tabs from the doctor and i sleep 12 hrs a day but could do more if didn't work 😴 lol exhaustion galore! Thanks for tips, I'll check into a mom group on Facebook

7. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

We're actually moving cross country in November. Once we do our two boys will be in a room together and then the baby will have their own room. So I'll have the big boys' room to put together AND a nursery, but I love that stuff.

8. sailgrl18

cherry / 127 posts

@Mrs D: I've been starting to gather things for #2 as well. We'll be reusing most but I've been watching our local listserv and was able to get a used City Mini GT Double for just $50. As things I need come up used I'm going to try to grab them at great prices.

9. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@Alivoo01: Thanks for the updated DD list!

My next appt is Sept 9th, it's just a regular one though.

How old is everyone's kiddo that they are moving to a big kid bed?

We have three bedrooms on the main floor so I think we will move the glider into the other room and make a new nursery whether it's a boy or girl and then DS can keep his room and furniture for the most part. When we moved in we put IKEA closets in the our room and DS' room and I'm dreading doing that again but I like decorating a nursery. I love a good theme!

@Navy_Mommy: Wow, good luck with your move!!

10. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@princessandthebee: the only part I'm not looking forward to is the actual drive. The Navy packs and moves everything, lol.

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@sassymama34: you can also google your area and mom2mom - apparently they start being very common once school is back in session!

@Navy_Mommy: I love doing rooms too - and I love doing the DIY stuff...I just know it'll be more difficult to get done with a 2 year old in tow this time! I'm hitting a flea market this weekend hoping for some good finds!

@sailgrl18: that is AMAZING...so jealous!

@princessandthebee: My daughter (K) will be moving into a toddler bed sometime this fall - she turns 2 early Sept. I am still deciding how I am going to do it - naps first or cold turkey. She sleeps on a cot at daycare - so she is exposed to non crib sleeping. I also want to break her of her binky but I am thinking bed first then binky! Either way - I am terrified of the transition!

12. Mrs. Cookie

@Navy_Mommy: Well that's helpful at least!

@Mrs D: Ok, good to know. My little guy just turned a year, so we have a little bit to go. Although our peds keep pushing us to wean off the paci, so once our summer traveling is done, we are gonna go for it. I'M TERRIFED!

13. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: Alternating years - I like that! Until they're old enough to want one every year, but hopefully by then it'll be easier anyhow. Since they'll want to go somewhere! It'll just be more $$.

@Navy_Mommy: oh man! A cross country move?? That's awesome and crazy!! I moved across town and was ready to pull my hair out with all the packing. I ended up tossing a bunch of stuff just so I didn't have to pack it. Ha!

@princessandthebee: DS is 2. I love Ikea closets! It's the one thing I enjoy browsing when I go to their store. So nifty!

14. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Alivoo01: we've already had a few yard sales and I'll donate a lot of my clothes. It'll be good to clear out a lot of our extra stuff.

15. leighleigh

cherry / 154 posts

@Alivoo01: my next appt is 8/21, for the NT scan!

16. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

I had my first midwife appointment yesterday - exciting to be back! I'm on the same "team" (my midwife practice assigns you to a team of 3 midwives who rotate on-calls) so it was nice to show them pictures of B. They tried to listen to the heartbeat with the doppler but couldn't quite pin it down, which is frustrating but I'm not really stressed about it because she kept going "There! No, I lost it" and I did just have an ultrasound.

I haven't even started thinking about stuff I'll need - other than the stroller, that is, which I'm obsessing about. We currently have an UppaBaby Vista which I love, but the rumble seat seems terribly designed. I like the design changes they've made to the new one, but I resent that they changed the frame and I'd have to rebuy all the accessories. I suspect we'll keep an eye out for a used City Select.

We're also debating the move into a big boy bed - B is 19 months now and doesn't really seem to be trying to climb out of the crib, but I suspect the smart move is to get him out of it before baby arrives anyway, just in case (even though the baby will likely sleep in our room for the first few months). First, though, I'd like to get him sleeping through the night again.

And add me to the list of people whose days in non-maternity pants is numbered in small numbers! Every day this week I've been fine in the morning but had to undo my pants by the afternoon. I'm lucky that my maternity clothes are seasonally ok (last baby at end of Jan), but I only have jeans or cords for maternity pants, which are going to be weird in my office in August, so I'm trying to get through a bit longer. I don't think I'm going to make it, though.

17. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

Oh, I meant to ask, has anybody decided against doing the NT scan? My midwife has made it optional for me - on the one hand, I feel like it might just add stress (waiting for results, etc), but on the other hand, I'd like to get the ultrasound and not wait until 20 weeks...I didn't do it with B and it was fine but I did have the 'what if something's wrong' thing in the back of my head.

18. Alivoo01

Roll Call:
    3/1 Crystal
    3/1 Navy_Mommy
    3/2 creativemomma15
    3/3 Bubbles
    3/6 Matcha Latte
    3/6 princessandthebee
    3/9 Punky
    3/9 Mrs D
    3/9 leighleigh
    3/9 mrsog
    3/11 sassymama34
    3/12 CRGmama
    3/13 ModernDayJibarita
    3/15 reverie
    3/15 Chloesmommie
    3/15 bjm529
    3/15 erinbaderin
    3/16 MrsLilybugg
    3/18 winter_wonder
    3/19 araneidae
    3/20 PitBulLover
    3/21 alivoo01
    3/22 mrsdoily
    3/22 ksnow
    3/24 mrsrain
    3/24 Lilbear
    3/24 Lilypad
    3/26 sailgrl18
    3/26 Loscato
    3/30 Travelinmoon

Upcoming Appointments:
    8/13 sailgrl18 (1st appt)
    8/14 Lilbear (1st appt)
    8/14 ksnow (1st appt)
    8/17 Mrs D (dr appt)
    8/18 Bubbles (dating scan)
    8/21 leighleigh (NT scan)
    8/27 MrsLilybugg (midwife appt)
    8/27 Mrs D (NT scan)
    8/27 Navy_Mommy (NT scan)
    8/28 alivoo01 (dr appt)

9/2 sassymama34 (dr appt)
    9/4 creativemomma15 (dr appt)
    9/8 alivoo01 (NT scan)
    9/9 princessandthebee (dr appt)
    9/16 MrsLilybugg (OB appt)

19. Alivoo01

@Navy_Mommy: Oh the clearing part was awesome! I finally understood why people do spring cleaning! It's such an awesome feeling to de-clutter and rid of stuff!

@leighleigh: updated!

@erinbaderin: Glad your appointment went well! We currently have the City Select and use it with just a single seat for DS when we go to places that are more crowded or have rougher terrain. I'm looking forward to using it as a double since we bought it with that intention in mind. However, it is a bit bulky/heavy so I'm not looking to removing the seats, collapsing it, and heaving it into my trunk.

As for the NT scan, I opted for it more because it's another chance to see the baby and there's a high probability that they'll be able to detect the sex. I try not to think of the "what if" scenarios because I'd go crazy and scare myself bananas.

20. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Alivoo01: wow so thorough! Thanks for updating

We should be moving well before this baby is born, so I will be sorting out 2 new rooms! Planning on keeping DS in his cot as long as possible though, even if that means buying another one!

We are doing the nt scan (although in the UK that doesn't mean you get an extra scan), as I felt like if there was a higher chance of something being wrong I would rather be prepared in advance than surprised at birth. Counting down the days til mine next week!

21. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@runnerd: I'm so sorry, sending lots of love

22. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@erinbaderin: We didn't do the nt scan, but we did have a regular ultrasound to be sure of dates.

23. Mrs. Cookie

@erinbaderin: Hubby and I declined the NT and all other genetic testing with our first little one and will do the same with this one. We are planners but we decided it's not worth the stress, the maybes, and the what-ifs.
    Luckily we had a dating ultrasound so we got to see baby!

24. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@erinbaderin: Even if you choose to decline the NT (FYI - I am pretty sure unless you are deemed high risk you are allowed to decline - some dr make it seem mandatory which I do not believe it is) you could always do an elective u/s. Around me (Michigan) they are about $85-100.

We will do the NT. DH and I are both planners - so we're of the mindset that the more time to plan for whatever the outcome the better.

Plus - my sister had an "abnormal" result from her NT with my nephew and ultimately had an amnio as a result (which turned out to show there were no genetic abnormalities). The Amnio is I think extremely accurate - I think the risk of a false positive is quite low....so I dont feel that the whole process leaves you in limbo for the rest of the pregnancy.

25. Alivoo01

How did y'all (plan to) announce your pregnancies to your friends and family?

For DS, I had DH take a family picture and instead of saying cheese, he told them to say, alivoo01 is pregnant!

When I was pregnant earlier this year, I made DS a shirt that said "Future Big Brother", but that pregnancy didn't progress past 10 weeks.

I plan on announcing to my family this weekend, but don't know how! Ideas ladies??

26. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Alivoo01: We told our immediate families straight away, so I just posted a picture of the pregnancy test on our family FB group! I was thinking of going the tshirt for DS route when we announce properly, but I can't bring myself to purchase it until after our first US - and once that's over (providing all is ok) I don't think I'll be able to be patient enough to wait for it to arrive!

27. erinbaderin

pomelo / 5573 posts

For my first pregnancy, I was due right around my mom's birthday, so we told her we'd figured out what we were going to get her for a present, we just needed to know if she wanted a grandson or a granddaughter.

When I told my husband this time, I put my son in a shirt that said "I'm going to be a big brother", gave him the pregnancy test, and told him to take it to daddy (this pregnancy was a pretty big surprise to us). When we told his parents we just told them, but it was only 6 weeks so I wasn't really ready to make a big deal of it. For my parents I think I'll use the big brother shirt again and see how long it takes them to notice.

28. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: I have no self control...so we have told our immediate families as well as each a few friends. After the last u/s (9w) I told two more girlfriends.

I think I may wait for facebook until we know the gender (either way - I'll know by 15 w) and may do some cute picture of K with the appropriate colored balloons or something!

29. Alivoo01

@Bubbles: I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a shirt for $2 and an iron-on sticker for a few buck and did it myself!

@erinbaderin: That's a cute way to announce to your mom! I did something similar with DH. When he got home, I gave DS the test and when he ran to greet daddy, he gave him the test.

@Mrs D: I plan on utilizing balloons for our gender reveal also!

30. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@Alivoo01: thanks for this updated list!

I actually had a second u/s just this past Monday - when I went in at 5 weeks for spotting, they set up a follow up for two weeks later. We got to see the baby and it measured at 7 weeks and had a good heartbeat. So that was great news! Of course, I'm holding my breath again for the 9-week u/s on Aug 27. I thought this would feel less terrifying the second time but it doesn't!

I've been sooo tired, and it's so hard keeping up with my toddler! I had zero caffeine in the first tri with my first pregnancy. Now I sneak in half a cup, or sometimes a full cup, of tea and I've found that Coke helps my nausea. I can't stand ginger ale anymore.

And water grosses me out right now. I have to force it down. Lemon helps sometimes, but I've been drinking more juice lately.

I hope everyone is doing OK!

31. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

@Alivoo01: that's a good idea, I shall see if I feel like getting crafty!

32. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

MrsLilybug- i know what you mean about water! Im having trouble with all liquids only thing i can tolerate is a 80% water 20% unsweet tea mix. I drink bout 50oz of that daily! Sometimes it wont stay down in the evenings but i get so thirsty i guzzle it anyhow lol

Im in the double digits now! 10 weeks had a bad dream last night of finding blood when used bathroom but in dream i said im 10 weeks and it was snowing out which it certainly is not in real life lol so that helped me to relax about it... I hate the vivid dreams.

33. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

We had a great first appointment! Baby is measuring 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 163!

34. Alivoo01

@MrsLilybugg: Glad to hear everything is on the up and up! I too have been exhausted, especially come afternoon around 2/3pm. I'm desperate for a nap!! Orange juice has been calling my name recently so I've been having a cup every morning for breakfast. Terrible sugar content, but my taste buds, belly, and nausea appreciate it. lol

@sassymama34: I have really vivid dreams too! And it's always something different every night.

@Lilbear: Yay!! Your lil gummy bear is so cute!

35. Alivoo01

If you ladies haven't seen/heard yet, a fellow March mommy - Crystal lost her baby due at 11+5 to no heartbeat. My heart breaks for her.

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/we-lost-our-baby-1

36. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@MrsLilybugg: I find this time to be so much more nerve-racking that the first go around!

@sassymama34: yay for double digits - me too!

@Lilbear: what a cute little peanut!

@Alivoo01: I was so sad when I read that this morning...she was more active on the Feb board I think but I still followed her story closely. So sad.

PSA - Target Cartwheel has 20% off maternity clothes right now...through tomorrow (sorry I just found out). They have a couple great brands, I picked up 2 longsleeve tops, 3 short sleeve and 2 tank tops. Just basic layering stuff - but got it all for $100 so I am pretty happy!

37. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: Thanks for sharing! I need to pick up a few long sleeve tops since a majority of my current maternity shirts are short sleeves!

38. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

Had my first appointment today - did all the labs/boring stuff. They told me initially no ultrasound but I was hoping the receptionist was confused and - yay, she was - I have an ultrasound on Wednesday 8/19! Can't wait!

Also for the nausea - I got something called "preggie pops" on amazon which I'm pretty sure are just basically life savers -but anyway they do seem to help a little.

39. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

Sorry double post

40. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Alivoo01: @Mrs D: thank you! It really is the ultimate "gummy bear" picture angle lol!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee