Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@Alivoo01: thank you so much! Are the smell aversions still going strong? I hope things are well!

2. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

So much sad news in this thread It's heart breaking

3. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I am feeling much better this week than I was last week. But I slept for 12 hours Sunday night, so that helped.

10w today and I had my first appointment with a doctor. Everything looks good. Was over due for a pap so he "traded" me a bonus US for some of my cervical cells, lol. This baby barely moves! My last two were spinning beans in the early ultrasounds, this guy just sits there barely kicking like a little gummy bear. The doctor said it's fine though and the heart rate was 150 again.

Had more blood drawn and I have to call to schedule my first NT scan in a few weeks!

4. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@winter_wonder: I am so so tired and always nauseous. Last night I had insomnia which was frustrating because I was so tired! But I'm trying to take this all in stride - am so nervous for my 7-week ultrasound next week!

5. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Glad to hear your appointment went well!

@mrslilybugg: Great perspective I hope time goes by quickly for you until your appointment!

6. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@winter_wonder: thank you !!

7. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

Sorry to hear about the sad news going on

I've been laying a little low on the thread for now, trying to make it to my first appt tomorrow without stressing out. I feel more nervous this time than before but I'm really hoping we can hear the heartbeat tomorrow or have a good ultrasound.

Thinking of all of you ladies!

8. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@winter_wonder: It's hit and miss on the smell aversions. I can change DS's dirty diapers while gagging. Last week, it was guaranteed face in toilet time!

@Navy_Mommy: Yay for a good appt and an extra US? Heck yea!

@creativemomma15: Wishing you an awesome appt tomorrow! Mine's Monday afternoon and I'm getting super duper nervous and antsy!

9. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Alivoo01: thanks! I almost feel like my nerves get worse the closer I get to the appointment! Best of luck to you too!

10. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

So anxious for 2nd ultrasound tomorrow...keep worrying about vanishing twin syndrome darn google n pregnancy hormones lol

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@creativemomma15: @sassymama34: Big day for us March Momma's - we all have appointments tomorrow!!

@creativemomma15: I am so much more nervous this time around than I was with my first! I am terrified for my U/S tomorrow morning!

@Navy_Mommy: Congrats on a good appointment. I heard there have been some changes in the NT scans since I had DD so I am anxious to start that process as well!

@sassymama34: I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

My appointment is at 7:30am tomorrow. DH insists on coming (although he did not come to my first US last time) so we will be bringing DD. Anyone have experience with that? It has me even more anxious! I'll be 8w6d so should hear a heart beat - hoping they can do it externally (especially with DD in the room)....last time they had to do it TV bc apparently I have a tilted uterus or something like that...

12. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: yeah, word on the street around here is the place that does NT scans has gotten up to a 90% accuracy rate with seeing the gender at the first scan! So I could know if I'm having (another) boy or a girl in the next three week's!

13. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: YES! This is what I want. Actually two of my close friends had gender determined from the blood work with NT scans (Not an Amnio) - so I am SUPER hopeful. Otherwise I told DH there is no way I am waiting til 20 weeks....I'll be paying for an elective one...

14. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: how old is your daughter? We brought DS1 to one US during my last pregnancy and I said I'd never do that again, lol. He was about 18 months and just wanted to mess with the machine and climb on me cuz I was laying down. It wasn't fun for us. And he went to all my other appointments and just sat in his stroller.

15. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Mrs D: they have what's called the harmony screening. It's a blood test that tests for the same things as an NT scan but is more accurate. They're able to pull the baby's genetic material out of mom's blood so they can determine gender.

My husband is in the Navy. Our insurance covers it but not for people stationed in California because California offers a similar blood test BUT it isn't nearly as accurate. I'm a little annoyed about it, to say the least lol.

16. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Navy_Mommy: Yes, I am guessing this is what my friends had. I'm going to inquire either tomorrow or at my next appt with the dr (may only see the us tech tomorrow).

17. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@Mrs D: good luck tomorrow! My DS was 21 months when my dd was born and he wasn't very good at appointments but it seemed like he was afraid of what the Dr was doing to me (Doppler, etc). My DS is super active too so he wasn't a "sit in the stoller" kid. I think it all depends on temperment and with your DH along that will help! Also, when I had my first ultrasound around 10 wks with DD they still did an internal one but with DS around that time they did an abdominal one. It might all depend on what they can see. Good luck!

I'm hoping for good updates for us all tomorrow!

18. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Mrs D: I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes, because we are also bringing our 2 year old DD to my first prenatal/ultrasound appointment next Friday! I figure we'll keep her in the stroller and let her watch cartoons on the iPad if she gets fussy? I am having a transvaginal u/s so I'm hoping my daughter isn't paying too close of attention to what is going on in the room!

19. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

My appointment is on Friday afternoon and DH can't make it, so it'll just be me and my 14 month-old! I am really nervous about how that's going to go...

20. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Hope all ultrasounds/appointments go well today ladies!!! Looking forward to reading updates later

21. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

@MrsD- hope appt went awesome! I think we are due the same day

22. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

woohoo appointment day!. So much anxiety and I don't go till 3:00. Good luck everyone else going today. Can't wait to hear how they go.

23. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

@MrsOG- hope it goes awesomely well :):) mine is at noon and im def nervous!!

24. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

My first appt isn't until next Wed! ARGH Also bringing the hubby and DS. looking forward to hearing everyone's updates!

25. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Hi from Baby D!!! (Aka melty gummy bear D)! All is well and measuring right in track for March 11 due date! So relieved!

26. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Also - DD did not end up going with me. Long story short - they had to change my appointment time and DH had to be in court this AM for work so we were not able to make it work! I think we will bring her to the 20 week scan!

@Navy_Mommy: the u/s tech confirmed that they have had major advancement in the gender determination early on and most NT scans will show those results if desired. I scheduled my NT today for Aug 27 - I will ask my Dr at my next appoint (Aug 17) if the scan they do includes that. Otherwise I may 'upgrade' if thats possible. Otherwise she said I can just do an elective u/s at 15 weeks to find out! CANT WAIT!

27. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Yay so exciting!!!!! Cant wait to see my *hopefully* 2 gummy bears as well!! What was heartbeat? They estimate my due date to be march 10 but will see what is said today!! 2 more hours :):)

28. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@sassymama34: She let me listen to it but I dont remember if she said what it was? I was just focused on not peeing on the table after chugging all that water and not peeing for an hour!

29. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@Mrs D: congrats! What a great feeling!

30. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Im always told to pee in cup before appts... Weird how some do n some don't lol... Glad you held it ok

31. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@sassymama34: Yes - for normal appointments I always have to pee in a cup - but for the u/s they always tell us 32 oz of water 1 hour before and no peeing....its awful!

32. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Im fortunate i dont have to do that for mine, sounds awful! Im hating water currently with this 24/7 nausea lol

33. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Update!! Both babies grew Baby A is measuring 8 weeks 3 days with 114bpm and Baby B is measuring 8 weeks 4 days with 188bpm! I was worried about lower hb but dr said was ok next appt in 4 weeks! Feels like 5 years lol

34. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@sassymama34: wahoo!!!! What beautiful u/s pictures!!!

35. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

We had a great first appointment and got to hear baby's heartbeat with the Doppler We need to schedule an ultrasound for sometime in the next 2 weeks too. Can't wait to see baby!

36. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@creativemomma15: yay for good appointments!!!

@sassymama34: woohoo babies! Great update!

I had a random but if spotting today and tried hard not to freak out.... Basically was during one bathroom incident w a teeny little bit on tp the next time I wiped - fingers crossed it's no big deal!!!

37. Lilbear

apricot / 451 posts

@Mrs D: You had a great appointment today with a beautiful ultrasound picture! I had spotting in my first pregnancy and everything turned out okay. It is supposedly fairly common. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you because I know how scary it can be, but I'm sure your melty gummy bear is going to be just fine!

38. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Lilbear: Thank you for the sweet words!

39. Bubbles

persimmon / 1328 posts

Congrats everyone on all the great appointments and ultrasounds! So exciting to be seeing pics of some of the little dudes already!

40. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

I never got on to post yesterday but my appointment went great! Saw the little one in their wiggling around already and heard a strong heart beat of 172 bpm. I am officially 9 weeks 2 days and my due date is March 9th!! So nice to finally have that confirmation. It just feels so much more real after seeing it with my own eyes. I leave for a week at beach tomorrow with the family am so excited for the break. I won't be on a computer at all so good luck to everyone with appointments next week and I will check back in and catch up when I'm back!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee