Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2016 moms

1. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

Welcome to all the new ladies! I'll update our list soon!!

I've been staying quiet and laying low until I have my first ultrasound - 8 mooooore days!!!!! Longest month ever. I just am too scared to get too involved on the board until I have my ultrasound - that miscarriage fear just never leaves you. Didn't help that I had a little spotting this weekend, but it's gone now and was hardly anything (and a day or two after DTD). Actually the other 2 times I've been pregnant I was bleeding brown, pink, red, clots etc by this point, so I'm actually amazed to be almost 7 weeks and only have had 3 days with a little brown/pink when I wiped. (For some reason I feel the need to give all the details lol)

I'm reading all your updates though

2. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

Thank u ladies :):) im def not loving this 24/7 nausea n food aversions but if my babies continue to thrive then i will happily suffer through!! Congrats to everyone here and hope we all have a healthy happy outcome

3. leighleigh

cherry / 154 posts

@Travelinmoon: we saw a heartbeat at 6w5d, so i'd go right in the middle around 7 weeks if you don't want to wait the full 8!

4. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@sassymama34: WOW congrats - how awesome!!!! Did you have any thoughts there could be 2 in there?

@runnerd: fingers crossed hard for you! I was just telling DH how SLOW I feel time is going right now waiting for my first u/s (Aug 6 when I am 8w6d) - I am sure once I get past that everything will fly!

5. sassymama34

cherry / 164 posts

@Mrs D - i thought was odd my blood pressure spiked around 4 weeks and i got morning sickness right at 5 weeks this time which caught me off guard, but other than that nothing to make me think 2 lol... But having all day nausea and vomiting morning and again at night is new for me so guessin extra hormones at work

6. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@sassymama34: congrats on two little ones!

My first appt is roughly when I'm 10 weeks. August 12 aka forever away.

7. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

@runnerd: I agree, the fear of miscarriage never goes away after you have one, or two. I had two 6/5/12 and 7/21/12. Followed by a successful pregnancy with my son. So they are monitoring me super close which I love.

My hCG was 9,066 on Monday so they scheduled an ultrasound Tuesday. The ultrasound tech said their was a gestational sac measuring just under 5 weeks. I was 5 weeks 5 days on Tuesday. Ugh! So then the nurse calls me that afternoon and says, "The ultrasound shows no evidence of intrauterine pregnancy, so we will need you to have another hCG drawn tomorrow." Que mini freakout. I work in the hospital, so I walked over to medical records and got a copy of the ultrasound report. It says there was a gestational sac, but no fetal pole which could represent 1- an early pregnancy, 2- an ectopic pregnancy, or 3- a miscarriage in progress. So mad at the nurse for the way she worded the results.

My hCG on Wednesday 15,568. So a perfect increase. The doctor called me today and wants to do another ultrasound next Wednesday in hopes of seeing a fetal pole and heartbeat. She seemed extra concerned for ectopic/tubal pregnancy because she reminded me several times that if I had any severe abdominal pain I needed to seek medical attention immediately.

I'm not worried. I think everything is going to be fine. Looking forward to next Wednesday. I'll be 6 weeks 5 days.

8. CRGmama

apricot / 324 posts

Had an u/s today and saw our little bean. Measuring a couple days behind but pretty sure that's normal, the tech said it was still consistent with my dates. Saw and heard a precious little heartbeat! Still think it's so amazing that this teeny thing will grow into a sweet little baby over the next few months.

9. CRGmama

apricot / 324 posts

@Dr. Pepper: sorry about the uncertainty! Best of luck next week!

10. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@Dr. Pepper: OMG! What horrible phrasing from the nurse! Fingers crossed for your next appointment!

OK it's super early and I am cautiously participating!

EDD: 3/16 according to phone survey with my clinic, but I think they did it wrong. Pregnancy apps say around 3/25

How far along: 5 weeks

First child? 2nd! Have a 2 year old

First doctor appointment: August 27th - GAH (with midwife. the OB appt isn't until Sept 16

Any symptoms so far? so so tired. was dizzy over the weekend but I attributed it to the heat. also gassy

Who have you told? DH, sisters, and two mama friends

I forgot how long and awful this waiting period feels until my first ultrasound!

11. mrsrain

nectarine / 2115 posts

@sassymama34: Wow, congrats! So exciting!

@Dr. Pepper: Oh, how frustrating! I wish medical professionals would stop to think about how their words can affect us!

@CRGmama: Yay! How far along are you? I can NOT wait for our appointment, but it's not until the 7th!

@MrsLilybugg: Why do you have to wait so long for your first appointment? The wait is the worst! I found out I was pregnant 6 days before my period was due (already have nausea), so at 5weeks+1, I feel like I have already been waiting so long!

What symptoms are cropping up for you ladies this week? I have been SUPER emotional. Last night I cried because my friend was relaying to us this sad youtube video she watched. I have no control over it!

12. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

@mrsrain: I have been super emotional the last few days too.. there was a commercial about texting and driving and the mother looks at her phone and her daughter is in the back seat and she crashed the car.. I was seriously balling and have while I don't text and drive I will put on pandora or check traffic... well the commercial worked bc the phone is staying away now.
    Also I really missed my son today while at work. Maybe bc its been a long week but I am really looking forward to the weekend with him.
    Besides that I have no symptoms which I hate and love. I don't feel pregnant at all. and 2 more weeks till u/s and doc.
    @Dr. Pepper: I hate when they don't think about how they are delivering the results.. Good luck and keeping positive is the best way to stay stress free!
    @sassymama34: yay twins! I have this weird thing where I kind of want twins. I'm sure I might regret that if it actually was to happen tho! lol
    @CRGmama: hearing that heartbeat is the most amazing thing!

13. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsLilybugg: Hi neighbor!!!! Where are you going for care?! I have my first appt with a midwife Friday then OB August 28

14. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

@sassymama34: Wow that is exciting!

AFM 3 more days until my first appointment, I can't wait. Nausea has been awful, started at 6 weeks and has been constant since. None of the home remedies seemed to help, ginger ale was the only thing keeping me going. Today is the first day I feel good. This is just so different than last time for me. I had no nausea or food aversions really. This time the food aversions and cravings are crazy, my husband is currently at the grocery store getting me some sparkling water and oreos

15. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@JoJoGirl: hi! I am at Harvard Vanguard ! What about you? @mrsrain: I have been super emotional too! I can't even read the news anymore lol

I had an ultrasound today and got to see confirmation of my pregnancy!! I am consistent with what is expected at 5wk2days (saw a sac and a yolk where it should be). I had spotting Friday night and was really freaking out so they has labs done . They wanted to see between 3,000 and 7,000 for it to be a positive pregnancy result. and it came back 18,638- so that was a relief. They want me to schedule another u/s in two weeks.

16. mrsdoily

apricot / 367 posts

I had to go in for an early appt last Monday due to some spotting, but they found a gestational sack, and I was actually measuring a few days ahead! I had me estimated at 4 weeks + 6 days at the absolute latest, but I was measuring at 5 weeks + 2!

Since then, no more spotting and my morning sickness is out of control. With my son I was really mildly nauseous from 7 weeks- 16 weeks, this one I've felt like crap since about 4.5 weeks, and it's only gotten worse. My boobs also really hurt and I have the skin of a teenage girl in the throes of puberty. I'm hoping these are all good signs!

17. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsLilybugg: ME TOO!!! Are you delivering at NWH? We have the same EDD! When is your next appt? We have to have a HB meetup at the doctor's office, lol.

I'll be there Friday for my first ultrasound and appt with the midwife.

Congrats on your first u/s!

18. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Ugh...how is my first real appointment still 10 days away?!?!!?

19. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@JoJoGirl: nooo way!!! That is so funny! I'm actually delivering at Beth Israel . Good luck on Friday !!

20. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@mrsdoily: congrats! I went in early for spotting too - it's so scary

21. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@Mrs D: ugh - torture !

22. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsLilybugg: Ahh okay you'll have a great experience there!

I know, I can't wait for Friday. I don't feel pregnant AT ALL so i am really worried something is wrong

23. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@JoJoGirl: I didn't feel pregnant AT ALL with my first LO! I had like zero symptoms!! Maybe you will be one of The Lucky Ones with no morning sickness, etc!

24. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsLilybugg: I didn't have any with my first either Can't imagine I'd be that lucky twice? I'm also only 7w today so maybe it's too early?

25. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

I was really lucky with no morning sickness with my first, this one I've had some icky moments here and there but now I'm feeling nothing again. I think I'm 8ish weeks. And my appointment isn't until August 12th!!! Last time I had a blood test at the beginning, this time, nothing! It's torture waiting... We can do it though ladies!!

26. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

The wait is terrible! I've got 8 more days until my first appointment! We are slowly telling more people but trying to not tell too many yet but it's a little hard since I am definitely showing!

27. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

Are you all drinking caffeine still or cutting back? When I first saw my BFP, I told myself this time I wouldn't cut it altogether in first trimester like with my first pregnancy (I allowed some in second/third tri). But I had some spotting this weekend and even though they've told me it's normal, I am paranoid now!
    I am debating taking my LO to a water park tomorrow (she is a toddler so it wouldn't be strenuous rides) and I'm paranoid about that too. GAH!

28. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@MrsLilybugg: I've been drinking about 2 cups of coffee each day. But, I've been feeling really nauseous the last couple of days and haven't had any.

Hope everything is fine with the spotting. I know what you mean about worrying about everything though!

29. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@MrsLilybugg: I've tried to cut back! I thought I'd cut it completely but haven't managed. I am keeping it to one espresso shot a day.

30. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

Just found out my first appointment isn't until August 14th (8 weeks +) and they don't do a dating/initial ultrasound at all! I thought everybody did those now...I'm bummed! They said no ultrasound until 17 weeks for the anatomy scan.

31. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsLilybugg: I'm still drinking 12 oz coffee/day.

32. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsLilybugg: I only drank 1/2 cup per day my first pregnancy but I am happily drinking my full cup each morning (and the occasional afternoon coffee) and refusing to feel guilty. I'm feeling pretty lax about food rules in general this time around...

33. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

I was going to wait till after our 1st appt before joining the due date boards due to our loss back in March. Our LO quit growing and we went through a D&C. But this whole waiting for 1st appt is driving me crazy so I'm jumping on!

EDD: March 21, 2016

How far along: 6+1

First child? Nope! DS turned 2 last week.

First doctor appointment: Aug. 10th. (it can't get here fast enough!!!)

Any symptoms so far? Extreme fatigue and random bouts of slight nausea. Smelly stuff makes me hurl, like DS's dirty diapers.

Who have you told? DH and my BFF.

34. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@ksnow: oh gosh, I'm sorry. I'd lose my mind if they told me no ultrasound until 17 weeks!!

AFM... After what's felt like the longest 30 days of my life, 1st ultrasound is 2 days away. Time has basically stopped moving now lol.

35. Alivoo01

@ksnow: wow!! that's really far away before you get to see your baby!!

@MrsLilybugg: I'm still drinking caffeine. I don't drink a lot in general so I'm not worried about it. I'm pretty lax when it comes to the pregnancy no-no's.

36. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Alivoo01: OMG, congrats!! So many familiar faces

37. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@ksnow: holy ish - until 17 weeks?! that is crazy far away! maybe you can convince them at your "heartbeat" appt for a peek (if they access to the machine).
    @Alivoo01: congrats!

@runnerd: two days away - ahhh that's awesome!

38. Alivoo01

@JoJoGirl: @MrsLilybugg: Thank you ladies!

39. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

@MrsLilybugg: I'm thinking about being 'unsure' about my last period start date haha. I think they'd have to then! What if there's twins or something!

40. MrsLilybugg

pear / 1650 posts

@ksnow: YES!!!! do it!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee