Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@MrsB2012: yay!!! Glad you got to tell them and that your grandpa is ok! I don't know how you guys wait to find out the gender.... I would be so stressed

2. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Weswife: we found out with the first two! At 3, it's just kinda like, meh, doesn't matter. Plus, with our odds, it'll be another girl, so we're all set to go haha

3. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

Told my manager and my supervisor and no issues it's nice to be able to tell everyone now!

4. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: yay!!!

@MrsB2012: I might be that way... But first oh no I have to find out!

How is everyone diet now? Mine is still awful! I don't throw up constantly! Although I feel sick as I type this! But I have so many Aversions. It difficult to go grocery shopping! I can't ever decide on dinner. I think I am going to blow up like a whale! I miss fruits and veggies!

Also I tried my first day at excercising. I went to the pool to swim laps. I only made it about 15-20 mins and I got a sharp pain and panicked

5. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Weswife: sorry your aversions and that still suck. I'm stating to get a bit better finally. I can actually decide on a meal, cook it, then eat it! That's a pretty huge change for me!
    I've been super bad at exercising. I only went to the gym 4 times in the last month. I ended up having to change my pass to a punch card instead of a monthly pass. I hope to get back j to the routine of it soon!

We're hoping to get out house on the market in the next few weeks, so we're trying to bang out the last of the renos. No time for the gym when I'm trying to paint and de clutter !

6. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: Ahh, team green is so exciting! I wanted to do it this time, but as soon as the nurse called with the NIPT results, I caved, haha. Maybe next time! I'll add a little greenie by your name on the list.

@Mrs. Pen: Such a relief, isn't it? I'm just glad I don't have to suck it in anymore when I walk into a meeting.

7. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

-March 2017 Mamas-
    March 4: JennEn
    March 5: Raspberries
    March 12: MrsB2012
    March 13: OskarsMommy
    March 15: Weswife
    March 17: Pinkberry
    March 19: sheskrafty
    March 21: Coffee-Lover , daniellemybelle
    March 22: codeitall
    March 26: lilyann , LoveHope, islarey
    March 27: LovelyPlum; Mrs. Pen
    March 31: beth24; Aspen
    April 2: mrsmacSLP

8. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: And I just saw this you're getting your house ready for the market - do you already have a new house, or are you selling yours first? I bet life is a litttttle bit hectic right now!

9. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@Mrs. Pen: Yay! Did you use my "There you have it" line?

10. Aspen

coffee bean / 33 posts

Hey ladies!

I just saw the April group has a bump thread going on. Are we ready to do that yet? I would love to see and share some growing bumps!

11. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Aspen: Sure! I think a few people were just posting in the main thread, but it'd be fun to look back and see them all in one place!

12. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Aspen: I would like that! Almost 13 weeks and I'm definitely showing.

13. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@raspberries: I said I wasn't finding out with my first, but as soon as I had the results in hand.. I lasted about an hour hahaha.
    We only have once change to find out the gender - at our 20 week ultrasound. As long as I'm strong that day and say not to put the gender on the report, then there's no turning back

We own a house ( well, a condo ) that we're prepping to sell! We want to buy a house. I actually love our place now, especially with the renos, but it's just a little too small. It will be really nice to have a full house with a big yard though. It's going to be so.much.work. I desperately want out ASAP so I don't have to deal with showings/cleaning/moving with 2 toddlers and a newborn!

14. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@MrsB2012: yes that sounds stressful! I don't know how you are doing it.

15. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

Hi all! I hope everyone is doing great. I just had my second OB appointment and briefly got to see the kid and it was squirming around and very active. I think we're going to make it FB official after a family party next weekend where we can tell DH's extended family.

I'm 13 weeks and my nausea is back and its no fun! I thought this was supposed to be over by now?

Is anyone having any breakouts? My skin, specifically at my jawline is horrific.

@MrsB2012: Our realtor is coming over tonight to tell us what we need to do to our house to sell it. It is so stressful!!

16. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: Ah, that's exciting! My brother and sister-in-law just sold their first home to move into a bigger one (they have three boys now) and I know they're all loving the extra space.

@sheskrafty: Glad to hear your little bean is doing well! And yeah, I'm breaking out big time too. I swear I've used more BB cream in the past couple weeks than I have all summer. I also bought a little pack of Neutrogena face wipes to keep in my bag for my suddenly-oily skin.

Does anyone else have appointments coming up? I have a check-in on Monday where we'll get to hear the heartbeat, then an ultrasound two weeks after that where we'll be able to confirm it's a boy!

17. Mrs. Pen

@sheskrafty: I'm 12+4 and my nausea came back today really badly! Dry heaving, ugh. No fun. Feeling okay this evening though.
    And yessss to the breakouts- my forehead is AWFUL. And my chest! I exfoliate twice a week and use a gentle cleanser once a day with a night repair cream. But it's still awful

@raspberries: no appt for me until October 6.

18. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@sheskrafty: oh my gosh that tough! My sickness was still there too! Just this week I haven't thrown up! Let's hope it stays! Also breakouts!!! Gosh not my face but my back is awful! I mean awful!

@raspberries: my next appt. is next week just the Doppler and then we have our big appt. for the long ultrasound at the end of Oct. We will confirm its a boy but I am pretty sure it is! The ultrasound seems pretty spot on haha!

19. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@sheskrafty: yes, acne. It's worse now then when I was a teenager! Forehead, chin, nose and cheeks! It is crazy!

20. Mrs. Pen

ummm heartburn.

I never get heartburn... so I think what I'm feeling is heartburn but I actually don't know. But my app told me it's common at this stage! Anyone else?

21. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: omg I have had heartburn since day one!!!! Mine is so bad I have the constant feeling of something stuck in my throat! It's awful. I also have a burning throat ick!!! I have a feeling I will have it my whole pregnancy!

22. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: okay that's exactly what it feels like, burning/tingling at back of my throat. Very uncomfortable! I try to "wash it down" with water and it's no matter what I eat! I could eat the healthiest thing, and I get heartburn. I got heartburn from carrots today.

23. JennEn

pea / 24 posts

Has anyone felt their first flutters yet? I distinctly felt kicks last Tuesday (currently 15w6d) when I was sitting in a meeting and was super excited, but had to keep a straight face, lol. I haven't felt much since then, little bumps or flutters since then. I felt my first fairly early as well.

I love reading through all the posts, sorry I'm lame and don't reply much.

My husband and I "decided" to be team green when we first found out we were pregnant, but now he's trying to say we should find out the gender so we can have a name set before the baby is born. I hope I can stay strong, we have to wait until the 20-week ultrasound before we would know anything anyway.

As far as maternity clothes, I've been in leggings and a pair of maternity jeans for over a month now I think. H&M has a pretty decent selection of fashionable clothes at reasonable prices (more spendy than Old Navy/cheaper than Gap). I have another cart full waiting for me to purchase next month, lol!

We have a few names picked out so far, but my husband gets primary naming rights this go around, so, I'm not really spending a lot of time on the name searches right now. Some of our agreed favorites are: Michaela for a girl and Austin for a boy.

I've been terrible at taking bump photos, but will try and get a few up for the boards when the time comes.

24. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: oh I get heartburn from water lol!!!! Everything it's the most awful thing! Take tums or Zantac

25. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@JennEn: oh I think I have felt a few but being my first pregnancy I am not sure. Last Sunday for about 30 secs or a minute I felt like a fish was in my stomach!! Haha

Do we have a bump board yet?

26. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: no,
    I've got nothing! Any belly I do have is leftover pudge from my first pregnancy, or mid day bloat 😂
    My stomach hasn't formed a firm bump at all yet.

This has been making clothes very difficult. I am bigger in my midsection, but my "bump" doesn't fill out clothes. So pants dig in, maternity pants don't stay up.

27. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I don't even have a belly from a first pregnancy but I have a belly from life. I'm in the same boat, no pants fit correctly!

28. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: mine don't fit well either I have to pull up the maternity pants constantly. But they are way more comfortable so I don't care. My belly is hard though. But my "bump" if we want to call it that is only under my belly button.

29. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I'm totally in the same position right now! My regular pants are so uncomfortable, even with the hair elastic trick, but maternity pants keep falling down. So annoying!!

30. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

31. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Ok I have to vent......
    We are currently just sharing ideas for baby showers because I will have two. I love party planning so I have so many ideas of what I would want. I am not comfortable just letting other people plan my shower without any input from myself! Its that bad? My mom keeps telling me to let you do it, and I said " I just want to share my ideas." My sister in law keeps arguing with me about paper invites and wants to do emailing... I am not okay with that. We are adults. Guys am I completely out of line? This is my first baby and I would like to have some of my ideas taken into consideration. I have planned showers and they are always so cute. I have so many ideas of cuteness that I want to share, why is everyone getting mad at me for that? UGH

So apparently because I want paper invites and they would prefer emailing I have to pay for them myself... I am not a happy camper. Please tell me I am not overreacting about this?

32. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@Weswife: I'm sorry this is frustrating for you Honestly, as hard as it is, a shower is a party given in your honor and not planned by you. You can certainly give your input if and when it is asked but the decisions aren't yours to make! Just try to enjoy however it shakes out! I promise that on the day of your shower those things will not matter as much

33. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: I planned and executed both my sisters showers and have always always taken their preferences into consideration.. Like, neither of them like shower games at all so knowing that - I had to get creative with activities or things to do. Especially since for both of them, the showers were mish-mash of family/different groups of friends so we couldn't just rely on mingling.

Anyway, I took it as my job as party planner/hostess to make sure I was creating a party they wanted. You really only get one shower (typically, anyway) so I think you should get to help put some of it together.

I would be a little perturbed if someone wanted to send email invites even for my son's birthday parties, I still send paper invites because it's more personal and formal. Then I include my email or phone for RSVP.

34. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: yes I agree! It's more appropriate to send paper invitations! And I agree they don't have to do everything obviously. I just created a few Pinterest board with ideas I wanted to share.

@daniellemybelle: I totally understand that. I am not really trying to plan. I just had created ideas since it's my first baby and first shower. I was so excited so I just wanted to share them. But I do think the fact that I want paper invitations should be honored. I would honor a request for another if I was hosting. It's for them, ya know.

35. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Weswife: My college friend hosted my first shower and she asked for details, themes, etc. For my second son, one of my good friends threw me a sprinkle and again, asked for theme and detail input.

I was really into keepsakes with my first, so little details like the invite were important to me as well. I can see where you are coming from and I hope they incorporate some of your ideas.

36. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Weswife: I don't know, I think it might be a good idea to have a conversation with your mom and sister-in-law (are they throwing a shower together or each one separately?) about the things that are really important to you. Like, acknowledge that they're throwing the shower and that you're SO thankful for it and so on, and that you won't interfere with napkin colors or what flowers are in the centerpieces - but also that you'd really like paper invitations and an outdoor shower (or whatever it is that means a lot to you.) I feel like a balance is needed - it's really kind of them to throw you a shower and they DO have ultimate control of it, but I feel like they should pay attention to your preferences.

37. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: Thank you for creating the bump board!

38. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@JennEn: I'm SO excited to feel baby movement - I have an anterior placenta though, so I think it'll take a little bit longer until I feel anything. I keep thinking I feel something, and then nope, gas.

My appointment this morning went well. Baby boy is doing great, heartbeat of 150. I had blood drawn for the AFP test, which I wasn't expecting quite yet, but apparently they can do it at any point between 16 and 20 weeks? Next appointment is in two weeks exactly - excited to see the little guy via ultrasound again!

39. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Have any of you guys figured out what you're doing for maternity leave yet? My company is planning to introduce a paid maternity benefit, and I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that it takes effect before March!

40. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@raspberries: My company doesn't offer any paid maternity leave but we can accrue sick days and roll over 1 week vacay. I have enough vacay and sick days saved up from being here for 6+ years to cover the full 12 weeks! Once we are back from leave for 6 months, we also get our sick days back that we used. I did the same here with my other two babies.

I hope your new policy takes effect in time so you can use it!!

I have an appointment on Friday. I will be 14 weeks, feeling pretty relieved at this point.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee