Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@Mrs.Pen @Lilyann My issue is my boss is the head of special education and getting a meeting with her is like gold which makes me think this meeting might be my only chance to tell her in person. Ive worked in this district for a year, I'm the youngest SLP in a group of 7 so I know she's expecting it at some point, and she's a mother so she'll get it. But yes, I'm nervous as all get out!

2. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I told my boss early at like 6 weeks. I wanted her to know in case I was not feeling well or puking in front of my kinders!

3. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Weswife: Awww, that sounds adorable! You had perfect timing in scheduling your photo shoot, haha.

@mrsmacSLP: My boss knows - I told her right at 12 weeks. I think if this is one of your only chances to tell her in person and you're not too uncomfortable letting her know at this point, I'd do it now. I'm in HR, and I totally appreciate any extra time employees give me if there's a tricky position I'll have to fill.

@oskarsmommy: Ahh, I'd feel totally caught off guard if someone asked me bluntly in the middle of a meeting. Hope it wasn't too awkward for you!

4. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@Raspberries: Thanks for your input! I'm comfortable with my boss, and it's earlier than I planned but since my position is a hard to fill I think I will let her know!

Thank you all!

And @oskarsmommy: that's awful! They could've done it in private!

5. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

2nd time mommies???

How normal is it to per your pants when pregnant? Omg it's happened to me multiple times when sneezing and throwing up! What is that?

6. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Weswife: Ugh, it's normal, but still sucks. My friends call it snissing (sneeze/pissing.) I try to make sure I pee proactively every so often so it occurs less frequently, but I think it only gets worse the more baby pushes on your bladder.

7. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@raspberries: omg I had just peed right before and then peed my pants

8. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Weswife: Ahhh! Better start bringing some extra pants/undies when you leave the house. Isn't becoming a mom glamorous?!

9. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@raspberries: hah it's so grand! Peeing, throwing up like everyday! Man!!! But I will love it so it's all good

10. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@Weswife: umm it's seriously such a problem. I work out a lot and actually bought special incontinence sports underwear. I kept hearing that as I worked out more, my pelvic floor would strengthen and fix my bladder issues, but that hasn't been the case. I pee my pants a lot.

I actually went to see a urologist about it and she was basically like do more kegels. But it's a much bigger issue than I think she realized.

After this baby, I'll probably go see someone else about it because it's really negatively impacted my life with the amount of exercise and races I do. I'm so self conscious when I do group exercise meetups

11. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: aww I sorry! Mine is literally only when I sneeze or throw up. But they are harvesting almonds here so lately it's a lot.. Since I sneeze multiple times a day and throw up daily so far boo!

12. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Weswife: If I can feel a big sneeze coming, I kinda cross my legs and then it's fine haha. I also can't skip. If there's any skipping in a workout, after about 10 jumps I start to piddle. I always check the work out for the day, and if there's any skipping, I won't go
    I hate it so much, and it doesn't seem to matter how much I work out and do kegels, it doesn't get better.

13. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@MrsB2012: oh no! I need to get back to working out I just feel sick. After school is when I start throwing up!!! Boo I am hoping In a few weeks I can get back to swimming laps. Good job on working out... And it makes me feel better that I am not alone in this peeing!

14. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsB2012: @Mrs. Pen: I feel you ladies. I think I've heard the peeing gets worse after a vaginal delivery, too. I have a couple of pairs of Dear Kates that I wear when I go to kickboxing classes - but those dang jumping jacks have me leaking a little bit every time.

15. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

yep - after baby comes its a mess with the peeing! I once had to buy a pair of lululemon pants because I sneezed while trying them on. I also remember being rushed into labor and delivery at 6-7 months with my first because we thought I was leaking amniotic fluid. Nope, just pee.. Like, not even "oh I have to go, my bladder is full, I can barely hold it" pee. Just sitting there, doing nothing, empty bladder, and just pissing my pants for no reason pee.

Two things I will ABSOLUTELY do this time - kegals!! I ignored them last time, or would do like 5 and get bored and stop.

Second, I will be doing everything in my power to prevent this baby from being posterior, because F that! My son was posterior the whole birth and that was literally hell on earth. Starting at 30 weeks I am bringing a yoga ball to work to sit on and giving zero f's if anyone has a problem with it (our offices are super fancy - they are even picky about that kind of water bottles we have on our desks)

Ahhh, pregnancy..

16. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I can kinda commiserate.. I use to do cross-fit when I was pregnant, and I remember my first time back after baby.. We did a workout involving jumping rope.. no stopping that one, just pissed all over myself. I remember being terrified that this was just my new reality.

17. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Weswife: @Mrs. Pen: @oskarsmommy: I am de-lurking to comment on the peeing issue. As a doula who has taken workshops and talked to physical therapists who specialize in the pelvic floor I have to say - kegels aren't the only or best answer! Sometimes they can make things worse if you don't do them right! Check out this "workout" DVD from Katie Bowman with other exercises for the pelvic floor - it is supposed to be great! https://www.amazon.com/DOWN-THERE-WOMEN-Katy-Bowman/dp/B004FCWHPA

18. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@IRunForFun: Thanks, this looks super useful! Any idea if the exercises are for pregnant women, or if it's more of an after-pregnancy type of thing?

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@raspberries: It's good for both! It's good for all women, even pre-pregnancy.

20. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@IRunForFun: awesome thank you!

21. Mrs. Pen

We announced publicly this morning on fb and ig! It's exciting that it's finally out. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and actually feeling really good! Even hit the gym both yesterday and today!

My back has been giving me some terrible pain though. I had this with my first and actually couldn't walk for a week - it was rough. I went to the chiropractor last week but I need to be more consistent about it because the pain is so bad. I even did some yoga/foam rolling to try and help it.

22. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Pen: that's so exciting you announced! You should post your announcement if you're comfortable, I looovee seeing them!
    We're going to announce pretty soon. I just need to tell my grandparents, and then we can do something public. I already have the picture ready to go haha. I sent it to my extended family yesterday.
    That's also good you're feeling good the last few days, it's such a relief when that time comes.

23. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Mrs. Pen: Yay for announcing!! So exciting!

I think we are waiting until October to announce, it is infant and pregnancy loss awareness month and it was our due date for baby #3. Thinking about doing something with rainbow colors on a pumpkin for this little rainbow baby!

24. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@lilyann: aww that's too cute! Our first baby was due the day before we found out we were pregnant with our rainbow baby! So we took some pictures with a rainbow 😊 And pot of gold! It was dh's idea since the baby is due in March!

@Mrs. Pen: we hopefully will be announcing next week or the following. We took our pictures yesterday for our announcement and found out the gender which we are both over joyed about! Just waiting to receive our edited photos!!! Ahh I can't wait. It will be so much easier when it's all out ha!

25. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@MrsB2012: I love announcements too!!!

26. Mrs. Pen

@MrsB2012: sure!! I love seeing announcments too

This is what I posted on FB:
    "I once was just 1️⃣ and then I found you. Then 'I' became 'we' and we became 2️⃣.
    Nine months of waiting... Our 'we' became 3️⃣. Such a great family, you, him, and me.
    Now he's getting tall.. And we wanted one more! So guess what! Our 'we' is soon to be 4️⃣
    Estimated time of arrival: March 2017"

With this photo:

27. Mrs. Pen

And for my fitness Instagram, I posted this photo!
    I loooove this picture

28. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: ahhh that's sooo exciting!! I really want to see your photos!!

@lilyann: aww that will be special

29. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Pen: omg I love them!!

30. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

Sometimes I question if there really is only 1 baby in here. ( 14 weeks)

31. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

And this will probably be our announcement

32. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. Pen: Love these - especially the handstand one. So cute!

@MrsB2012: Your pup is absolutely adorable...totally has the long-suffering, guardian-doggy look down.

33. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

15 weeks tomorrow!

34. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: oh my goodness! That is darling I love it!

@MrsB2012: you look so cute and pregnant! I look huge and round! And the doggie announcement is too cute!!

@raspberries: you look pregnant too! I wish I did! Just round it makes me feel huge!

I will share a photo or two tomorrow after we post! But there are 51 total!!! Haha that's too many! 😊

35. Mrs. Pen

@raspberries: @MrsB2012: oh my gosh the bumps are sooo adorable!!

Mine is still squishy 😕It's not firm at all. Probably partly cause I had the leftover squish from my first pregnancy. But I can't suck it in anymore! So it's there somewhere lol, this is my almost 12 week bump

36. Mrs. Pen

Is anyone talking names yet?

I told DH I didn't want to discuss with him until we know whether it's a boy or a girl cause we argued so much last time lol.

Although we pretty much have the girl name picked out either way... But I just found another name I love. I don't think he'll love it as much, but it's the kind of name that may grow on him.
    The name is Theodora- Thea for short.
    So classic and beautiful! The top name right now though is Evangeline. I've loved it for YEARS. We'd call her Eva. (E-vuh) not e as in egg, e as in each.
    Other contenders are Madeleine, Gemma, Quinn and Adelaide.

Boy names are harder for me than girl names though. Especially since I have a boy and haven't heard any name I love as much as his. And a few of the names I do really love, are so popular now it makes me hesitate (Asher, Logan, Parker - which is my maiden name and DS's middle name).
    another boy contenders is Beckett

Anyone else wanna share top names?

37. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

My bump has gone down in the last week - I am guessing it's due to stopping the progesterone.

Ugh, names. We had a hard time as it was with my first son. Boys are sooo hard! I like the name Charlie, but my husband doesn't love it. I also like Lucas, but it is oh so popular right now. so I am at a loss for a name just yet.

38. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: our name is chosen! It's been chosen for sometime but we are keeping it a secret till baby arrives! We have a girl name too but will save it and hopefully get to use it later!

Some of my favs though for a girl are Charlie, Lincoln, Harper, Ginny, and Gracie. Boys are: eh these ones are hard for me, I like older names like Benjamin but I am not really in love with any. The one we chose has a very special reason!

@oskarmommy you look so tiny! I look huge and round! Omg

39. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@Weswife: I love Charlie for a girl too! I also LOVE Nora and Frankie... Those are 3 of my like 20 girls names I love..

Also, I am def not tiny! I started out up 10lbs, thanks to the P, at about 148lbs - so I am no tiny girl! Right now I am 151, and I hate the number, but I am happy with 3lbs weight gain.. With my first I think I gained 15lbs by 15 weeks.. I'm really trying to keep it to 25lbs total, per my Dr's suggestions. But I remember the last month or two with my son, I was 100% off sugar, and really eating very healthy, walking every day, but I still gained crazy fast in the end, like 2-3 lbs a week.

40. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Pen: my husband and I have a very hard time picking names. We don't agree on anything, so pretty much the first one that we both agree on is what it's going to be.
    We possibly have a girls name picked out. He suggested it a few weeks ago, and I like it, so we might just go with it if it's a girl.
    We haven't talked about boys names yet. I have an ongoing list, but nothing that I'm really set on yet.
    We do have middle names for both tho.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee