Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: good Im glad it worked for one of us!! One is better than zero

2. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LovelyPlum: I can't remember if I saw your announcement already!!!! Congrats mama!

3. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

-March 2017 Mamas-
    March 5: Raspberries
    March 12: MrsB2012
    March 13: OskarsMommy
    March 15: Weswife
    March 17: Pinkberry
    March 19: sheskrafty
    March 21: Coffee-Lover
    March 22: codeitall
    March 26: lilyann , LoveHope, islarey
    March 27: LovelyPlum; Mrs. Pen
    March 31: beth24; Aspen
    April 3: mrsmacSLP

4. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Aspen: Welcome! I've had sore/itchy armpits too - isn't that such a weird symptom?

@Mrs. Pen: That would freak me out too - so glad it stopped!

5. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I bled around 9 weeks with my second-lots of blood! My OB wasn't sure what caused it. I did have a low lying placenta til 3rd trimester, so that could have been it. Hoping everything is okay!

6. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@lilyann: I have a prenatal appt Tuesday with the midwife! Hopefully we can hear heartbeat again that day.

7. Coffee-lover

apricot / 340 posts

@raspberries
    @oskarsmommy
    @Weswife:
    @LovelyPlum:
    @Mrs. Pen

Thank you for the reassurance. I am starting to feel a little better about it. I was able to find a cute boy outfit to buy which helped a little too.

@Mrs. Pen I hope your bleeding stopped and everything is ok!

8. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Well, I think I'm gonna have to break out the maternity clothes this weekend - I tried to pull on my loosest pair of jeans for casual Friday today, and it was just too uncomfortable. I was hoping to make it a little bit longer, but no such luck!

9. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@raspberries: I have all my maternity clothes to my sister a few months ago. She's due in 2 weeks. I'm like, pop that baby out so I can have my maternity clothes back!!

10. JennEn

pea / 24 posts

Hey - New to the board and mom-boards in general. Recently left a career and am a SAHM mom while I slowly look for new work. Here are my "stats"

EDD: March 4th

How far along: 13w6d

First child? Second (and a complete surprise). Our 13-month old was achieved through IVF

First doctor appointment: at 8 weeks

Any symptoms so far? Significant nausea (on Zoran), but it is subsiding slowly

Who have you told? I texted a photo of the pregnancy test to my husband at work, who promptly posted it on Facebook. So, basically everyone knew.

Thanks for listening, I hope this is a fun, safe place to talk about all things baby.

11. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@JennEn: welcome! That's so amazing that you conceived naturally after IVF! How did you feel about your husband telling fb right away? haha

12. JennEn

pea / 24 posts

@MrsB2012: I was so not cool with it. Neither was my mom, LOL! "you told Facebook before you told me, I see how much I mean to you"

13. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@jennen: Welcome! We live in the same area! Sorry about your husband, he must've been quite proud though!

14. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@JennEn: Welcome and congrats on baby number 2! I have a 13-month old too!

15. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

-March 2017 Mamas-
    March 4: JennEn
    March 5: Raspberries
    March 12: MrsB2012
    March 13: OskarsMommy
    March 15: Weswife
    March 17: Pinkberry
    March 19: sheskrafty
    March 21: Coffee-Lover
    March 22: codeitall
    March 26: lilyann , LoveHope, islarey
    March 27: LovelyPlum; Mrs. Pen
    March 31: beth24; Aspen
    April 3: mrsmacSLP

16. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@JennEn: I would have killed my husband if he did that!

17. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@JennEn: congratulations!!!! We are glad you are here!

On another note when does throwing up stop???! Omg I can't take it anymore. My poor throat

18. JennEn

pea / 24 posts

@Weswife: Thanks for the congrats! We're pretty excited (obviously my husband is, anyway!). Re: nausea/vomiting - for me it didn't stop until I was put on the Zofran. I was puking first thing in the morning (more like dry-heaving) and then every meal was a total loss. With my first, I was able to finally reduce and then stop taking my medications around 22 weeks. This pregnancy is a little gentler this time, and I'm only taking one pill a day (currently 14 weeks) and there have been a few days where I didn't need one at all. I'm now focusing on trying to regain the weight I lost during the first trimester.

If you're really puking everything (water included), talk to your doctor. Just my unsolicited, non-medical professional, advise.

Hang in there.

19. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@JennEn: but I don't throw up all day just once or twice. It's just it's so intense it hurts my throat so bad...

20. Mrs. Pen

I've actually been feeling really good the last few days (knock on wood). I'm 11 weeks today (adjusted from my US). I have had very minimal nausea the last two days and only 1-2 episodes of heaving. My food aversions have been a lot better too!
    I'm shocked because I was sick for so long with my first pregnancy. I hope it sticks and not just a fluke.

21. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: oh I hope it sticks for you too! Fingers crossed!

22. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

Has anyone had cramps??? I have some today and it's totally freaking me out!

23. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

Just broke down and bought maternity jeans....my current jeans are too snug that by the time school is over I'm dying to unbutton them. I work in a high school some days and refuse to wear leggings there. Thank you Old Navy for having a sale! Snagged 4 pairs of pants (3 Jean and 1 linen) for under $65!

24. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I ordered two pairs from Motherhood maternity this weekend. I can't wait for them. My sister has all my maternity clothes and I can't wait to get them back ( any day now!)

@Mrs. Pen: Hope the good feeling sticks!

25. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Weswife: I've had cramping for a few weeks now, and round ligament pain is starting to kick in too - it's been killing me on the pot-holey road to/from work. You can check with your doctor if the cramping is really debilitating or rhythmic, but it's otherwise completely normal (blah.)

I broke out the maternity clothes this past weekend, but I still need to wash everything - DH is out of town this weekend, so I'm planning to have a marathon laundry session while solo parenting. I've been living in loose dresses, and my goal is to make it 'til Friday without putting pants on.

26. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

So I had an emergency ob appointment today and baby is doing great! I am so relieved! He said pain is normal, but due to my last loss would rather me come in to be sure and feel ok. Also we have the gender... But in an envelope ha! So we don't know what it is yet!

27. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: okay so call me super ignorant but I thought that gender could only be determined by ultrasound... how are so many of you finding out gender so early?!? I have to wait until my 20-week anatomy scan!

28. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@delight: thank you!

@JennEn: congratulations!! You poor thing with the being sick. I'm on Zofran and Diclegis now, and it's terrible.

@Weswife: I'm so glad babe is OK!! And I hear you on the sick needing to end. I'm losing my mind over here. Not as much throwing up right now, but the nausea has me bed ridden most of the time. I can't stand it.

29. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I did have an I ultrasound! I don't ever go to techs... My ob does all my ultrasounds. I was surprised too! But I think he knows what he is doing. I asked if he could be wrong and he was very much "nope!" Haha

30. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@LovelyPlum: oh no! I don't feel nauseous so much I literally just throw up randomly! It's so irritating! But round ligaments pains have started according to my doctor and boy do they hurt!!! Ekk

By the way I am so sorry I post so often I keep forgetting to push to reply to everyone before I submit! Grr

31. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: weren't there a few others here who found out via blood tests or something like that? No idea how that works haha!

Yup my midwife did my last ultrasound but the baby was sooo tiny I couldn't imagine visualizing any genitals! It will be an OB doing my twenty week scan as well. Ugh I have to wait until November to find out! So hard to wait.

32. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: I wasn't supposed to know until the last week of October. But during the scan he apparently could tell and said do you want to know. I said no and then later I said he could put it in an envelope! 😊 13 weeks tomorrow it's amazing

33. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@Mrs.Pen: that's what I thought too! 20 weeks was normal, and now all these 12 weekers!? I have to wait until the week before thanksgiving and since we always host, we'll probably do a gender reveal dessert with my parents and his for dessert.

And then Black Friday shop away!

34. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Weswife: Ahh, so exciting! Are you gonna do anything fun to reveal the sex?

@Mrs. Pen: We found out the sex via the NIPT blood test - apparently chromosomes cross over to a mother's blood pretty early in pregnancy, so you give a blood sample and if they detect a Y chromosome, it's a boy - if not, it's a girl! It's the same way they can figure out if a baby has a chromosomal abnormality (like, if there's a third copy of the 21st chromosome and the mother doesn't have any chromosomal disorders, it'd mean the baby has Down Syndrome.) My OB has some kind of arrangement with Panorama so all of their clients can have NIPT testing done for free.

@mrsmacSLP: Awww, that's cute! It'll be so nice to do a reveal when your family is all gathered together for Thanksgiving.

35. Mrs. Pen

@raspberries: oh my gosh that's so cool how that works! Actually at my appt yesterday the NP and I were discussing genetic testing and she mentioned a blood test that tests for fetal cells in the mothers blood and I thought that sounded like such an incredible medical advancement. She did say it can be pretty expensive if insurance doesn't cover it.

@mrsmacSLP: haha exactly. I'll be 20 weeks right after Halloween, but mght have to wait until week 21 in November for the anatomy scan due to scheduling issues. Not sure yet. But my aunt wants us to plan a bbq or something to do the gender reveal we didn't do one with my first, so it'd be fun to do it this time.

@Weswife: wow so crazy they can visualize at 12 weeks! Maybe he has a super nice ultrasound machine hahaha!

36. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@raspberries: @Mrs. Pen: honestly I don't know but he does the anatamy scan and everything so I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing. Most ob's send you to a tech for all of that! Mine doesn't!

Also yes we actually are taking announcement photos on Friday. Supposed to be Monday but I cancelled since I was freaking out about cramps. So now we are going to pop a huge gender balloon during our photo shoot! Then the next day we are going to do another one with family who loves close by and have some pink and blue dessert! My friend used to own a bakery so she is on it! I am so excited I can't wait! DH is feeling a little overwhelmed. But since this is our only free weekend till November it makes sense to do it. Plus the timing with our photos is perfect, I would hate to skip it and then miss her capturing that moment.

37. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

Has anyone told their boss yet? I work special education and am in 3 different schools so filling my position is much hard than a typical SLP who works one school with General Education students who have just their sounds to work on. I have my beginning of year meeting with my boss Friday and I'm debating telling her then (10w4d) just so she has more time to fill the last 10 weeks of the year.

38. Mrs. Pen

@mrsmacSLP: I haven't told my boss yet.
    I'm a homecare RN, so I don't see my supervisor/boss on a regular basis. We occasionally have team meetings, which will likely be the best place to catch my supervisor. My boss will have to be told via email because I never see her!
    I'm so nervous to tell them- even though as an RN, all my bosses are female and all have kids!

39. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I plan on telling my boss and project manager this week. (I'll be 12 weeks). The project I am on just got pushed out and I'll be on maternity leave for our go-live 😩 It was out of my control but hoping they aren't too upset.

40. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

haven't told my boss yet, but my producer just outed me in front of everyone, asking about my belly. I was still easily flying under the is she / isn't she banner, but put on the spot I couldn't lie. Guess I'm delusional about ho much I really am showing..

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee